Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fathoms Coming Back [Meme]
1 2 3
[quote name="mothscale" date="2024-06-08 13:47:46" ] [quote name="GremlinInBlue" date="2024-06-08 13:43:07" ] [quote name="Requacy" date="2024-06-08 06:51:50" ] [font=american gothic][size=4][b]Fathoms[/b], returning to Sornieth, only to learn that their Patron god has gone missing, Fire is in a civil war, Nature and Plague are at war, something is deep below Earth, Light has an Emperor problem, among many, many, many other issues produced by the Bounty of the Elements: [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/023/336/fifth1.jpg[/img] Oh, and they don't know Ancients are back, either. I imagine there are going to be some rather awkward conversations after this event is concluded. [/quote] And then there's just us Wind dragons just chilling lmao while everything burns around us [/quote] …Considering Wind dragons "lost what made them Wind dragons" for an entire/over a month when the Twisting Crescendo died initially (even Water dragons didn't lose this when Tidelord vanished, as they could still breathe underwater) with an outsider POV on that and no named characters… I really, really hope this is not what the devs think and that we actually get some followup on that. [emoji=ridgeback sad size=1] [/quote] well water dragons kinda can't do prophecies anymore. which is a staple of the water flight, so they aren't doing the best either. also I don't think the devs wont give a followup, I think its something similar to "the calm before the storm", with the month long disappearance being a warning sign, since the WIND flight losing the WIND is a damn big deal. But they get a break, for now the only difference is that it spins in the opposite way.
mothscale wrote on 2024-06-08 13:47:46:
GremlinInBlue wrote on 2024-06-08 13:43:07:
Requacy wrote on 2024-06-08 06:51:50:
Fathoms, returning to Sornieth, only to learn that their Patron god has gone missing, Fire is in a civil war, Nature and Plague are at war, something is deep below Earth, Light has an Emperor problem, among many, many, many other issues produced by the Bounty of the Elements:

fifth1.jpg

Oh, and they don't know Ancients are back, either.

I imagine there are going to be some rather awkward conversations after this event is concluded.
And then there's just us Wind dragons just chilling lmao while everything burns around us

…Considering Wind dragons "lost what made them Wind dragons" for an entire/over a month when the Twisting Crescendo died initially (even Water dragons didn't lose this when Tidelord vanished, as they could still breathe underwater) with an outsider POV on that and no named characters… I really, really hope this is not what the devs think and that we actually get some followup on that.

well water dragons kinda can't do prophecies anymore. which is a staple of the water flight, so they aren't doing the best either. also I don't think the devs wont give a followup, I think its something similar to "the calm before the storm", with the month long disappearance being a warning sign, since the WIND flight losing the WIND is a damn big deal. But they get a break, for now the only difference is that it spins in the opposite way.
[quote name="RheoTastic" date="2024-06-08 13:48:34" ] opened this post expecting the community scene with the pizza boxes and I was not let down honestly I think the funniest thing is merrigan like "theres no one better than a fathom when it comes to diving!" undertides living in their trenches like [emoji=normal eyes size=1][emoji=normal eyes size=1] [/quote] [quote name="Basilbub" date="2024-06-08 13:56:08" ] [quote name="KoenigVII" date="2024-06-08 13:51:41" ] Fathoms call themselves the, "most capable divers around." Nobody tell them about Undertides [/quote] so good at diving that they never stop! [/quote] This made me WHEEZE honestly because imagine being outclassed by some estranged older cousin that mysteriously appeared while you were on a trip. Gotta admit though that Fathoms get a bit of an edge by having... hands, for one thing. Also made me think of this guy lol [Item=Undertide Fidget Toy]
RheoTastic wrote on 2024-06-08 13:48:34:
opened this post expecting the community scene with the pizza boxes and I was not let down

honestly I think the funniest thing is merrigan like "theres no one better than a fathom when it comes to diving!" undertides living in their trenches like
Basilbub wrote on 2024-06-08 13:56:08:
KoenigVII wrote on 2024-06-08 13:51:41:
Fathoms call themselves the, "most capable divers around."

Nobody tell them about Undertides

so good at diving that they never stop!

This made me WHEEZE honestly because imagine being outclassed by some estranged older cousin that mysteriously appeared while you were on a trip.

Gotta admit though that Fathoms get a bit of an edge by having... hands, for one thing. Also made me think of this guy lol
Undertide Fidget Toy
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png They/He/She

Also...

Fathoms: Yeah, we're the best dragons at diving deep.
Undertides: Oh, so you've been to the depths of the trenches too?
Fathoms: ...

Edit: Ah, someone else seemed to have noticed this. XD
XD Wow. Nice. Also true.

Also...

Fathoms: Yeah, we're the best dragons at diving deep.
Undertides: Oh, so you've been to the depths of the trenches too?
Fathoms: ...

Edit: Ah, someone else seemed to have noticed this. XD
Wait fire's in a civil war ?? what happened
Wait fire's in a civil war ?? what happened
3ab5c778.gifJupiter/Ben • She/Nix/Nova/Voi • FR+0 • Art ShopWishlist 3ab5c778.gif
@callistostella
It's in the bounty of elements story, the forgemasters/foremans and the working dragons of the forges are at odds.
@callistostella
It's in the bounty of elements story, the forgemasters/foremans and the working dragons of the forges are at odds.
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
[img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/ea7b7aec8c682935ecbc56fadce30724/9a2ad195c5900d8c-ae/s1280x1920/da8f44397738738c5af0e4e9e2e2430ed30bcbd5.jpg[/img]
da8f44397738738c5af0e4e9e2e2430ed30bcbd5.jpg
[quote name="Halkiierid" date="2024-06-09 09:34:44" ] [quote name="MaplesHaiku" date="2024-06-08 07:05:08" ] This may be just a meme, but it does make me wonder how long Tidelord has been missing in-universe. Fathoms are learning about Tidelord's disappearance for the first time, and Merrigan is the leader of the current circuit around the globe and is also specified to be young. [/quote] What if it's like a sci-fi generation ship, and Merrigan was born and grew up during the expedition? [/quote] The devs are sci-fi fans, so it's certainly possible. Begs the question of "how does that work, if dragons need a deity's magic to grow?" Then again, there's also positively archaic lore that says the deities are really just the "biggest, baddest spirits" of their element, iirc. Maybe there's a second-biggest Water spirit that the Fathoms tote around on their boat so their eggs still grow ok?
Halkiierid wrote on 2024-06-09 09:34:44:
MaplesHaiku wrote on 2024-06-08 07:05:08:
This may be just a meme, but it does make me wonder how long Tidelord has been missing in-universe. Fathoms are learning about Tidelord's disappearance for the first time, and Merrigan is the leader of the current circuit around the globe and is also specified to be young.

What if it's like a sci-fi generation ship, and Merrigan was born and grew up during the expedition?

The devs are sci-fi fans, so it's certainly possible. Begs the question of "how does that work, if dragons need a deity's magic to grow?"

Then again, there's also positively archaic lore that says the deities are really just the "biggest, baddest spirits" of their element, iirc. Maybe there's a second-biggest Water spirit that the Fathoms tote around on their boat so their eggs still grow ok?
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.