Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Invisible Profiles, Explain?
1 2 3 4
Just curious. While so far ive personally played with my activity on when im online, what made players who choose to play as having their status not be visible, well, choose it? Any benefits? Feels safer? Just cause?
Just curious. While so far ive personally played with my activity on when im online, what made players who choose to play as having their status not be visible, well, choose it? Any benefits? Feels safer? Just cause?
jJhmri0.pngnBLoI8v.pngBolw6Se.png
privacy, avoid harassment of the kind of "well they're online but not answered my PM/bought my PAH/accepted the CR!!" and that typa stuff
privacy, avoid harassment of the kind of "well they're online but not answered my PM/bought my PAH/accepted the CR!!" and that typa stuff
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
I can imagine that for people who interact with the community more, it's to avoid harrassment related to not getting back to people despite being listed as "online". Same goes for big exalt lairs who might get a lot of messages about dragons they've picked up and already be harrassed over without people getting to accuse them of purposefully ignoring them too.
I can imagine that for people who interact with the community more, it's to avoid harrassment related to not getting back to people despite being listed as "online". Same goes for big exalt lairs who might get a lot of messages about dragons they've picked up and already be harrassed over without people getting to accuse them of purposefully ignoring them too.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
The only reason I do it is because I will often read/view comments, posts, PMs, etc. when I'm at work, and wait to respond until I'm home. I don't want to make anyone feel ignored especially if they're waiting for an answer, and I sure as hell don't wanna be harrassed for visibly not responding right away lol
The only reason I do it is because I will often read/view comments, posts, PMs, etc. when I'm at work, and wait to respond until I'm home. I don't want to make anyone feel ignored especially if they're waiting for an answer, and I sure as hell don't wanna be harrassed for visibly not responding right away lol
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
i do not like people assuming that i am intentionally ignoring their messages. i know some may get quite hostile about it. unfortunately many people do not understand that being online does not always mean that a person is available for interactions.

in my case responding to messages takes a lot more mental energy than just regular gameplay does. and me having the energy for playing the game does not always mean that i have the energy to respond right away.
i do not like people assuming that i am intentionally ignoring their messages. i know some may get quite hostile about it. unfortunately many people do not understand that being online does not always mean that a person is available for interactions.

in my case responding to messages takes a lot more mental energy than just regular gameplay does. and me having the energy for playing the game does not always mean that i have the energy to respond right away.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
i like being able to be online without feeling any pressure to be social if i'm not in the mood for it
i like being able to be online without feeling any pressure to be social if i'm not in the mood for it
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
I had it off for a while when spambots were still somewhat common. Users with statuses on appear as "users" in the player list, and are in the list itself. What the bots did was that they would progressively go to each profile and send a suspicious DM. That was around 2019-2021, I think.

Now I have it on.
I had it off for a while when spambots were still somewhat common. Users with statuses on appear as "users" in the player list, and are in the list itself. What the bots did was that they would progressively go to each profile and send a suspicious DM. That was around 2019-2021, I think.

Now I have it on.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
back when birthdays were still on user profiles, being Invisible was the only way to set it to "unlisted" instead. that was my main reason, but the not-appearing-as-online was also a good one and is why i still have it set despite visible birthdays no longer being a thing.
back when birthdays were still on user profiles, being Invisible was the only way to set it to "unlisted" instead. that was my main reason, but the not-appearing-as-online was also a good one and is why i still have it set despite visible birthdays no longer being a thing.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
[quote name="Kuroikumo" date="2024-05-24 12:53:28" ] i like being able to be online without feeling any pressure to be social if i'm not in the mood for it [/quote] [font=Candara]While I honestly echo most of the reasons expressed already in this thread... Kuroikumo's statement is a [i]big[/i] one for me. It's nice to log on and interact with the website at whatever energy and social level I feel capable of exerting at any time, without the pressure of being listed as active - or, essentially, available.
Kuroikumo wrote on 2024-05-24 12:53:28:

While I honestly echo most of the reasons expressed already in this thread... Kuroikumo's statement is a big one for me. It's nice to log on and interact with the website at whatever energy and social level I feel capable of exerting at any time, without the pressure of being listed as active - or, essentially, available.
i've known you for forever and a day . . .
Privacy, especially when birthdays were still visible. Wish you could hide food bars for the same reason since they're a proxy for activity.
Privacy, especially when birthdays were still visible. Wish you could hide food bars for the same reason since they're a proxy for activity.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
1 2 3 4