Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Prompt Recovery [EXTRAVAGANZA]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@PR Daily Prompt Releases

Welcome to the Power Plant, and to Prompt Recovery. Are you excited for your first day on the job?

General: Describe your arrival to the Power Plant.
@PR Daily Prompt Releases

Welcome to the Power Plant, and to Prompt Recovery. Are you excited for your first day on the job?

VAAnkLY.png
@voidgoatAzzy
Username: Bowsham
Prompt Set: Describe your arrival to the Power Plant.
Word Count: 250
Dragons featured: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87281449

APOCALOVE huffed shaking her broad head; she didn't like all the electricity arching through the air and indeed it did make her mane and fur stand straight up.

"Easy girl"
The small Fae climbed down off her back patting her charge gently; the blue colored Fae blinking her bright Lightning Eyes surveying the area which consisted of half buried machinery in the sand. But there was power here; she felt it humming beneath their feet.
And possibly hundreds of feet of sand; it was frustrating the Power Plant was so close and so...

APOCALOVE spun suddenly chasing a small scampering Lizard through the sands whuffing in excitement; The Obelisk not deterred when it dived into the sand and began to dig frantically with large front paws confused when claws hit metal and roared in frustration.

"Oh my goodness...You found it...the entrance"

Blueberry excitedly began to help the other until the full door was revealed; it was strangely bright and gleaming without a sign of rust. The fae ran her paw over the front of it wonderingly and it suddenly opened with a smooth click revealing a dark staircase descending straight down.

"Should we go?"

APOCALOVE whuffed and headed down without hesitation...maybe there were more lizards.
@voidgoatAzzy
Username: Bowsham
Prompt Set: Describe your arrival to the Power Plant.
Word Count: 250
Dragons featured: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87281449

APOCALOVE huffed shaking her broad head; she didn't like all the electricity arching through the air and indeed it did make her mane and fur stand straight up.

"Easy girl"
The small Fae climbed down off her back patting her charge gently; the blue colored Fae blinking her bright Lightning Eyes surveying the area which consisted of half buried machinery in the sand. But there was power here; she felt it humming beneath their feet.
And possibly hundreds of feet of sand; it was frustrating the Power Plant was so close and so...

APOCALOVE spun suddenly chasing a small scampering Lizard through the sands whuffing in excitement; The Obelisk not deterred when it dived into the sand and began to dig frantically with large front paws confused when claws hit metal and roared in frustration.

"Oh my goodness...You found it...the entrance"

Blueberry excitedly began to help the other until the full door was revealed; it was strangely bright and gleaming without a sign of rust. The fae ran her paw over the front of it wonderingly and it suddenly opened with a smooth click revealing a dark staircase descending straight down.

"Should we go?"

APOCALOVE whuffed and headed down without hesitation...maybe there were more lizards.
@voidgoatAzzy
Username: SakraKaine
Prompt Set: Describe your arrival to the Power Plant
Word Count: 782

We have put our writing into a Google document!

Here is the document.

If it doesn't work, let us know and we'll see what we can do! Hope it's alright if we reuse this document for the prompts ^^ we like to keep things in one spot. If not, let us know and we'll send separate documents for each prompt.
@voidgoatAzzy
Username: SakraKaine
Prompt Set: Describe your arrival to the Power Plant
Word Count: 782

We have put our writing into a Google document!

Here is the document.

If it doesn't work, let us know and we'll see what we can do! Hope it's alright if we reuse this document for the prompts ^^ we like to keep things in one spot. If not, let us know and we'll send separate documents for each prompt.
ldIARQG.gif oRkijoy.png
8M6oN2E.png
bybFVO1.png
qhK4FYS.png
mlHpBMC.png
kHBaXec.png
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
KNxJX97.png
41HYCJP.png
tCsqc24.png
SYiQlxK.png
FObX7rS.png
6BP8M8y.png
73vKFNE.png
gWg1WHB.png
oEGalah.png
lAvpyOQ.png
KYDGNsD.png
m7xse7B.png
3I473vH.png
8GgdVkW.png
Ut9RRot.png
SiglZNi.png
L73CX1d.gif
Great idea! Passing due to mechanical things not clicking with me, but thumbs up for your creation and extravaganza.
Great idea! Passing due to mechanical things not clicking with me, but thumbs up for your creation and extravaganza.
3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png xox1i5n.png
@voidgoatAzzy Username: LouckyKoneko Prompt Set: General: Describe your arrival to the Power Plant. Word Count: 147 Expedition Crew: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73477573]Stargazer[/url], [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78681223]Badari[/url], [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58770876]Veteni[/url] [quote][b]General: Describe your arrival to the Power Plant.[/b][/quote] [i][b]Expedition Log: Day 4[/b][/i] After three days' travel, we've arrived. Veteni and Badari have been invaluable assistants, and I cannot thank them enough for helping me reach my destination. Badari is keeping watch and Veteni is setting up camp as I write. We haven't encountered any hostile lifeforms, thank Gladekeeper, but the environment is treacherous and the persistent static in the air is interfering with my prosthetics. Tomorrow we will enter the Power Plant. The overgrowth around the doors looks intimidating, but Badari has already determined that it will be easy to remove. As for the unlocking mechanism, it seems to have malfunctioned, but I am familiar with this system. I should be able to reactivate it and open the doors. The real challenge will begin when we're inside, but I am confident that we are ready. - [i]Stargazer | 20:31 | location: outside the Power Plant[/i]
@voidgoatAzzy
Username: LouckyKoneko
Prompt Set: General: Describe your arrival to the Power Plant.
Word Count: 147

Expedition Crew: Stargazer, Badari, Veteni

Quote:

Expedition Log: Day 4

After three days' travel, we've arrived.
Veteni and Badari have been invaluable assistants, and I cannot thank them enough for helping me reach my destination. Badari is keeping watch and Veteni is setting up camp as I write. We haven't encountered any hostile lifeforms, thank Gladekeeper, but the environment is treacherous and the persistent static in the air is interfering with my prosthetics.
Tomorrow we will enter the Power Plant. The overgrowth around the doors looks intimidating, but Badari has already determined that it will be easy to remove. As for the unlocking mechanism, it seems to have malfunctioned, but I am familiar with this system. I should be able to reactivate it and open the doors.
The real challenge will begin when we're inside, but I am confident that we are ready.

- Stargazer | 20:31 | location: outside the Power Plant
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
@voidgoatAzzy Username:. SilentWanderer Prompt Set: General, Describe your arrival to the Power Plant Word Count: 235 Dragons featured: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81100556][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/811006/81100556.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86887412][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/868875/86887412.png[/img][/url] Hurricane might not have been a mechanic, but the drive his HIVE blood gave him made him an exceptional worker. And sure, the last time he had been in Lightning territory following the whisper of his HIVEMIND instincts, had left him chaged forever along with those closest to him... But that was one occasion, surely this time would just be a set of things to fix and no unexpected circumstances. Besides, the static charge that changed him into a Sandsurge had been [i]good[/i], and none of the others he had inadvertently changed minded in the long-run. So some surprises could be a good thing. This time, to be a bit safer, he enlisted the help of Ganache. She was training to be a mechanic under her sister who was (unfortunately) too busy (or not interested enough) to travel. But Ganache was eager to see more of her birth territory and learn all she could about mechanisms that were new to her. Perhaps she was a little [i]too[/i] eager - as soon as the power plant was in sight, she nearly flew off ahead. Hurricane grabbed her tail just in time to reel her in. Even after assuring himself nothing crazy would happen this time, he wasn't foolish enough to go rushing into an unknown place. Especially when he could feel the hum of such powerful magic emanating from it in his fins.
@voidgoatAzzy
Username:. SilentWanderer
Prompt Set: General, Describe your arrival to the Power Plant
Word Count: 235
Dragons featured:
81100556.png86887412.png

Hurricane might not have been a mechanic, but the drive his HIVE blood gave him made him an exceptional worker. And sure, the last time he had been in Lightning territory following the whisper of his HIVEMIND instincts, had left him chaged forever along with those closest to him...

But that was one occasion, surely this time would just be a set of things to fix and no unexpected circumstances. Besides, the static charge that changed him into a Sandsurge had been good, and none of the others he had inadvertently changed minded in the long-run. So some surprises could be a good thing.

This time, to be a bit safer, he enlisted the help of Ganache. She was training to be a mechanic under her sister who was (unfortunately) too busy (or not interested enough) to travel. But Ganache was eager to see more of her birth territory and learn all she could about mechanisms that were new to her.

Perhaps she was a little too eager - as soon as the power plant was in sight, she nearly flew off ahead. Hurricane grabbed her tail just in time to reel her in. Even after assuring himself nothing crazy would happen this time, he wasn't foolish enough to go rushing into an unknown place. Especially when he could feel the hum of such powerful magic emanating from it in his fins.
104.png Wishlist
361.png Gene Plans
121.pngFR+8
progen-small.pngsignature-badge.jpg kashan-icon-small.pngbadge-Strange-Sisters-small.png
@sakrakaine using the same doc will be fine! i don't have access to it, you'll need to change the link sharing settings to "anyone with the link = viewer" for me to be able to see and re-copypaste it. I'll still get you listed on the sheet as a participant though!
@sakrakaine using the same doc will be fine! i don't have access to it, you'll need to change the link sharing settings to "anyone with the link = viewer" for me to be able to see and re-copypaste it. I'll still get you listed on the sheet as a participant though!
VAAnkLY.png
@voidgoatAzzy Username: Kywren Prompt Set: General Word Count: 355 Character: Celor [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/11081179][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/110812/11081179.png[/img][/url] Celor had been living in Lightning Territory for approximately 4.5 years now. He had a home, a few friends, and a Mith that wouldn't seem to leave him alone. None of that particularly mattered. What did was his study. He had been calling himself a Technomancer for a while now, which he considered to be a mix of his former calling of Arcanic Justicar, and his indomitable desire to discern the device that changed his life 5 years ago. This study was nearly all consuming, and now it took him away from his home and friends (not the Mith though. It was still around. Somewhere. Unimportant.) He had heard word about an old bunker underneath the Lightning Farm from a secret source and instantly jumped at the opportunity to explore it first. Celor had just arrived. His tools were slung in bags along his back and neck. He shook them off near the entrance; a large, circular metal hatch in the arid ground. He pondered the entrance. Was he truly the first one here? Small amounts of sand had piled onto the hatch in the crevices of the warning engravings upon it. He didn't see any tracks, and his monitoring device showed only himself and that incessant Mith in the near area. Well.. he considered.. it was time wasn't it? Nothing would change by sitting here. His former life had been a lot of sitting around. Theorizing. Scholarly endeavors. It held no answers to The Device. Only action could help him now. He gripped the lever on the hatch and pulled it back. A piercing SQUEEEEEAALLL emitted from the unmaintained hinges, and his wings shuddered involuntarily. He peered inside. It was pitch black. With only the light of the moon and stars, and the light blue emanation of his clothing available to cast light, Celor could only see a few metal rungs that he could use to climb down. The hatch was wide enough though that he thought he might just be able to glide inside. He rummaged around in his pack for a head lamp, put it on, then decided to glide in.
@voidgoatAzzy
Username: Kywren
Prompt Set: General
Word Count: 355

Character: Celor
11081179.png

Celor had been living in Lightning Territory for approximately 4.5 years now. He had a home, a few friends, and a Mith that wouldn't seem to leave him alone. None of that particularly mattered. What did was his study. He had been calling himself a Technomancer for a while now, which he considered to be a mix of his former calling of Arcanic Justicar, and his indomitable desire to discern the device that changed his life 5 years ago.

This study was nearly all consuming, and now it took him away from his home and friends (not the Mith though. It was still around. Somewhere. Unimportant.)
He had heard word about an old bunker underneath the Lightning Farm from a secret source and instantly jumped at the opportunity to explore it first.

Celor had just arrived. His tools were slung in bags along his back and neck. He shook them off near the entrance; a large, circular metal hatch in the arid ground. He pondered the entrance. Was he truly the first one here? Small amounts of sand had piled onto the hatch in the crevices of the warning engravings upon it. He didn't see any tracks, and his monitoring device showed only himself and that incessant Mith in the near area.

Well.. he considered.. it was time wasn't it? Nothing would change by sitting here. His former life had been a lot of sitting around. Theorizing. Scholarly endeavors. It held no answers to The Device. Only action could help him now.

He gripped the lever on the hatch and pulled it back. A piercing SQUEEEEEAALLL emitted from the unmaintained hinges, and his wings shuddered involuntarily.

He peered inside. It was pitch black. With only the light of the moon and stars, and the light blue emanation of his clothing available to cast light, Celor could only see a few metal rungs that he could use to climb down. The hatch was wide enough though that he thought he might just be able to glide inside. He rummaged around in his pack for a head lamp, put it on, then decided to glide in.
B9_L2.pngo672_d01_Kywren.pngasexual.pngo672_d02_Kywren.pngo672_d03_Kywren.pngB9_R2.png
ASbXVY4.png

_______
d3wcOpC.gif
Kywren
Lightning Dom Organizer
She/They
FR +2
@voidgoatAzzy Username: Magmish Prompt Set: General Word Count: 136 [center][b]Describe your arrival to the Power Plant.[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73893661][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/738937/73893661.png [/img][/url][/center] As a cartographer, Bolt was excited for his new assignment: mapping an abandoned Power Plant and assisting in its revitalization. He does have some experience working in an Ancient Harpy Canyon (and a one day experience of running a line fuse), but overall, this will be very new to him. Although he arrives alone, he has been informed that there will be other dragons nearby. The entrance to the bunker, though still not easy to find unless you’re looking for it, has been cleared of large rubble and he can tell that it has been opened recently. Not wanting to miss out on anything important, he quickly rummages through his bag for his toolkit, gets out his surveying equipment and heads inside. What sort of discoveries will be made? He couldn’t wait to ‘get to work’!
@voidgoatAzzy
Username: Magmish
Prompt Set: General
Word Count: 136
Describe your arrival to the Power Plant.

73893661.png
As a cartographer, Bolt was excited for his new assignment: mapping an abandoned Power Plant and assisting in its revitalization. He does have some experience working in an Ancient Harpy Canyon (and a one day experience of running a line fuse), but overall, this will be very new to him.

Although he arrives alone, he has been informed that there will be other dragons nearby. The entrance to the bunker, though still not easy to find unless you’re looking for it, has been cleared of large rubble and he can tell that it has been opened recently.

Not wanting to miss out on anything important, he quickly rummages through his bag for his toolkit, gets out his surveying equipment and heads inside.

What sort of discoveries will be made? He couldn’t wait to ‘get to work’!
85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
2634384.png LWTq9T9.png
@voidgoatAzzy

Pfft, had a feeling we forgot to do something XD it should be working now! (Hopefully)
@voidgoatAzzy

Pfft, had a feeling we forgot to do something XD it should be working now! (Hopefully)
ldIARQG.gif oRkijoy.png
8M6oN2E.png
bybFVO1.png
qhK4FYS.png
mlHpBMC.png
kHBaXec.png
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
KNxJX97.png
41HYCJP.png
tCsqc24.png
SYiQlxK.png