Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Permababies in Coli
1 2 3 4
With permababy skins on the horizon, I think it would be a good time to also allow permababies into the coli. Why? The eternal youth scroll is a whole 350 gems spent to make a dragon adorable, but then you can't really *do* much with them afterwards. Even with adults, there are only so many things you can do:

- Dress them up (apparel for moderns, skins/accents + scenes for both moderns and ancients)
- Applying scrolls (genes, breeds, scatterscroll,...)
- Breeding
- Battle in the coliseum
- Familiars
- Editing bios

Since permababy skins are confirmed, we will (eventually) be able to dress our babies up. Not giving them apparel is understandable, so they can just act like ancients. Most scrolls can be applied to babies, aside from silhouette scrolls, which makes sense. Babies aren't able to breed, and that's fine as is. Every non-exalted dragon gets a bio and familiar, so that leaves the coliseum as the last possible thing adults can do that babies theoretically could, but currently can't.

Why shouldn't we be able to take permababied dragons into the coli? Some people (like me) are currently dissuaded from using permababy scrolls since it removes some of the few options available for activities with a dragon. Most of these activities are things you generally do only a couple times per dragon. Very few people are going to regularly change the outfit, breed, genes, or colors of the same dragon, and familiars usually stay on until they awaken (taking a few months), you find a better match, or just stay on forever. I know this site is about making cute, cool, pretty, etc. pixel dragons to look at, but sometimes I want those pixel dragons to do things, you know? Wouldn't it be cool to have your in-lore baby mage actually be able to annihilate enemies in coli?

Perhaps it's a moral argument-- people don't want to see baby dragons get hurt fighting enemies. However, I think it's the player's choice to take those babies into the coliseum in the first place. This site is 13+, we don't have to be totally handheld. Only allowing permababied dragons into the coli would help prevent situations where newbies are surprised to see their babies getting attacked-- by the time you're spending at least 350 gems on one dragon, or buying one someone else spent 350 on, you should know your way around the site well enough to know whether you'd be alright with seeing that dragon fighting in the coli, and can choose whether or not to put them on your team.

As for babies not being as physically strong as their adult counterparts, faes can deal the same amount of physical damage as imperials or guardians, and undertides can use scratch with no claws or talons. I think we're past the point of their in-canon capabilities mattering in the coliseum.

Also, if it's only permababies, then allowing them into coli would have no effect on fodder prices. You might technically be able to level a dragon all the way to 25 the day they're born, but someone will need to spend 350 gems on the scroll in order for that to happen. Those gems have vanished, and the ~38,500 treasure you get from exalting that dragon at level 25 will not make up for it. They may make a fine trainer, but there's no way exalting permababies would ever be profitable.

They may have to draw new KO'd sprites for each baby, since their size/body proportions are clearly different from their adult counterparts, but that should be relatively easy on the artists-- they're entirely gray, no need to draw every gene on them. Just 24 images for the 24 current breeds, plus 1 for each new breed afterwards, and that's if they even think unique KO'd images are necessary. Perhaps the 'living' images should be scaled to look smaller, since it would look like giant babies next to normal adults, but it's not like veilspun being the same size as ridgebacks makes any sense either.

TL;DR: The upcoming permababy skins set a precedent for permababies being able to do things regular babies cannot, so I see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed in the coliseum. Let me have a permababy mire flyer training all the adults, it'll be funny
With permababy skins on the horizon, I think it would be a good time to also allow permababies into the coli. Why? The eternal youth scroll is a whole 350 gems spent to make a dragon adorable, but then you can't really *do* much with them afterwards. Even with adults, there are only so many things you can do:

- Dress them up (apparel for moderns, skins/accents + scenes for both moderns and ancients)
- Applying scrolls (genes, breeds, scatterscroll,...)
- Breeding
- Battle in the coliseum
- Familiars
- Editing bios

Since permababy skins are confirmed, we will (eventually) be able to dress our babies up. Not giving them apparel is understandable, so they can just act like ancients. Most scrolls can be applied to babies, aside from silhouette scrolls, which makes sense. Babies aren't able to breed, and that's fine as is. Every non-exalted dragon gets a bio and familiar, so that leaves the coliseum as the last possible thing adults can do that babies theoretically could, but currently can't.

Why shouldn't we be able to take permababied dragons into the coli? Some people (like me) are currently dissuaded from using permababy scrolls since it removes some of the few options available for activities with a dragon. Most of these activities are things you generally do only a couple times per dragon. Very few people are going to regularly change the outfit, breed, genes, or colors of the same dragon, and familiars usually stay on until they awaken (taking a few months), you find a better match, or just stay on forever. I know this site is about making cute, cool, pretty, etc. pixel dragons to look at, but sometimes I want those pixel dragons to do things, you know? Wouldn't it be cool to have your in-lore baby mage actually be able to annihilate enemies in coli?

Perhaps it's a moral argument-- people don't want to see baby dragons get hurt fighting enemies. However, I think it's the player's choice to take those babies into the coliseum in the first place. This site is 13+, we don't have to be totally handheld. Only allowing permababied dragons into the coli would help prevent situations where newbies are surprised to see their babies getting attacked-- by the time you're spending at least 350 gems on one dragon, or buying one someone else spent 350 on, you should know your way around the site well enough to know whether you'd be alright with seeing that dragon fighting in the coli, and can choose whether or not to put them on your team.

As for babies not being as physically strong as their adult counterparts, faes can deal the same amount of physical damage as imperials or guardians, and undertides can use scratch with no claws or talons. I think we're past the point of their in-canon capabilities mattering in the coliseum.

Also, if it's only permababies, then allowing them into coli would have no effect on fodder prices. You might technically be able to level a dragon all the way to 25 the day they're born, but someone will need to spend 350 gems on the scroll in order for that to happen. Those gems have vanished, and the ~38,500 treasure you get from exalting that dragon at level 25 will not make up for it. They may make a fine trainer, but there's no way exalting permababies would ever be profitable.

They may have to draw new KO'd sprites for each baby, since their size/body proportions are clearly different from their adult counterparts, but that should be relatively easy on the artists-- they're entirely gray, no need to draw every gene on them. Just 24 images for the 24 current breeds, plus 1 for each new breed afterwards, and that's if they even think unique KO'd images are necessary. Perhaps the 'living' images should be scaled to look smaller, since it would look like giant babies next to normal adults, but it's not like veilspun being the same size as ridgebacks makes any sense either.

TL;DR: The upcoming permababy skins set a precedent for permababies being able to do things regular babies cannot, so I see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed in the coliseum. Let me have a permababy mire flyer training all the adults, it'll be funny
agreed. i personally don't view permababies as actual babies - they've changed their appearance to be more childlike but they're still as old as they actually are. i mean, if you breed a dragon and then permababy them down the line, their offspring list stays intact - so if we want to make a moral argument about permas being actual babies then that's already kaput since they can have offspring lists.
agreed. i personally don't view permababies as actual babies - they've changed their appearance to be more childlike but they're still as old as they actually are. i mean, if you breed a dragon and then permababy them down the line, their offspring list stays intact - so if we want to make a moral argument about permas being actual babies then that's already kaput since they can have offspring lists.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
Support. My permababies are level 25. They are sturdier and more capable of taking care of themselves in battle than my fodder.
Support. My permababies are level 25. They are sturdier and more capable of taking care of themselves in battle than my fodder.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I have always wanted permababies to be able to be used in the coli.

I just view it as, they are dragons. Their young might be far more capable of fighting than most other young, so I would feel they would be capable of holding their own.

Plus, as others have said, not everyone views their permababies as actual babies.

To me, it comes down to, if you don't want permababies in the coliseum, then don't use them there. It is entirely up to you.
I have always wanted permababies to be able to be used in the coli.

I just view it as, they are dragons. Their young might be far more capable of fighting than most other young, so I would feel they would be capable of holding their own.

Plus, as others have said, not everyone views their permababies as actual babies.

To me, it comes down to, if you don't want permababies in the coliseum, then don't use them there. It is entirely up to you.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support for allowing them to fight in the coliseum like any regular dragon. Permababies really need to be allowed to do more than sit and look pretty imo.
Support for allowing them to fight in the coliseum like any regular dragon. Permababies really need to be allowed to do more than sit and look pretty imo.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
I think what I'd prefer is if Eternal Youth Scrolls worked more like Silhouette Scrolls, allowing players to swap back and forth between Adult and Youth poses at will (with the obvious provisos of removing ineligible accents/clothing/etc.)

I imagine there's the potential for sticky RL-related issues coming up by allowing hatchlings to fight and possibly backend issues that might be preventing permababies from being workable in the Coli (since hatchlings in general aren't allowed in the Coli), so this would allow players to level their perma-babies without having to spend money to scroll them back and forth.
I think what I'd prefer is if Eternal Youth Scrolls worked more like Silhouette Scrolls, allowing players to swap back and forth between Adult and Youth poses at will (with the obvious provisos of removing ineligible accents/clothing/etc.)

I imagine there's the potential for sticky RL-related issues coming up by allowing hatchlings to fight and possibly backend issues that might be preventing permababies from being workable in the Coli (since hatchlings in general aren't allowed in the Coli), so this would allow players to level their perma-babies without having to spend money to scroll them back and forth.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
Support. They would simply need to separate permanently youthful dragons into their own category, since they are classified as hatchlings, and obviously actual hatchlings are not going into the coliseum. Perhaps only hatchlings who have aged into adults and then had the scrolls used on them could qualify.

I'm actually curious if they are going to be doing that reclassification with the skin addition, because someone correct me if devs have stated otherwise, but I would think the skins could only be applied to permas since they can't age out of them, thus requiring a separate classification.

Support. They would simply need to separate permanently youthful dragons into their own category, since they are classified as hatchlings, and obviously actual hatchlings are not going into the coliseum. Perhaps only hatchlings who have aged into adults and then had the scrolls used on them could qualify.

I'm actually curious if they are going to be doing that reclassification with the skin addition, because someone correct me if devs have stated otherwise, but I would think the skins could only be applied to permas since they can't age out of them, thus requiring a separate classification.

21402.png
support purely because the concept is so funny to me but why should we limit it only to permababies? get those babies out there let them draw blood [center][img]https://media.tenor.com/hSIakC5Azu4AAAAM/gravity-falls-baby-fights.gif[/img][/center]
support purely because the concept is so funny to me but why should we limit it only to permababies? get those babies out there let them draw blood

gravity-falls-baby-fights.gif
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Support.
I would love to see eternally youthful dragons allowed in the Coliseum.

The interactions and activities we can do with our dragons are already tragically very limited, and applying eternal youth really cuts into that functionality - which isn't great for an effect that costs 350 Gems.
It basically transforms any dragon into something with less site functionality than a normal Ancient dragon.

I am always hesitant to apply EY to my dragons for this reason. I understand why apparel isn't available, and I definitely wouldn't want to see EYs allowed in breeding, but the Coliseum is a huge site feature that I feel all adult-aged dragons should be allowed to participate in.

It makes sense that clans in-lore would not allow hatchlings to risk fighting in the Coliseum, but eternally youthful dragons are not hatchlings - they are dragons magically enchanted to have the appearance of hatchlings.

Yes, KO sprites would have to be created, as well as the Coliseum banners would need to be made functional.
However, I feel this would not be a ridiculous amount of work to ask for. The KO sprites are a single greyscale image for each breed, and the banners are generative.
Support.
I would love to see eternally youthful dragons allowed in the Coliseum.

The interactions and activities we can do with our dragons are already tragically very limited, and applying eternal youth really cuts into that functionality - which isn't great for an effect that costs 350 Gems.
It basically transforms any dragon into something with less site functionality than a normal Ancient dragon.

I am always hesitant to apply EY to my dragons for this reason. I understand why apparel isn't available, and I definitely wouldn't want to see EYs allowed in breeding, but the Coliseum is a huge site feature that I feel all adult-aged dragons should be allowed to participate in.

It makes sense that clans in-lore would not allow hatchlings to risk fighting in the Coliseum, but eternally youthful dragons are not hatchlings - they are dragons magically enchanted to have the appearance of hatchlings.

Yes, KO sprites would have to be created, as well as the Coliseum banners would need to be made functional.
However, I feel this would not be a ridiculous amount of work to ask for. The KO sprites are a single greyscale image for each breed, and the banners are generative.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
support, maybe would even change my standart grind party
support, maybe would even change my standart grind party
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
SYYY2E5.png
DxCICZ1.png
WANTED:
accent lava born
9170.png
1 2 3 4