Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Question about pricing dragons
How should I price a dragon I bred and was going to use as fodder which someone wishes to buy? I recently was asked by a user for one of my fodder dragons and would like to know how to handle this.
How should I price a dragon I bred and was going to use as fodder which someone wishes to buy? I recently was asked by a user for one of my fodder dragons and would like to know how to handle this.
She/Her 24
Big Dragon Nerd
I only ever get obsessed with media that's at least 10 years old for some reason.
Artist and Writer
I get asked this question a lot and tbh for me is always PWYW
I’m always happy to see a dragon saved from exalt so I let the user that wants them determine their value by just sending a two way CR with the dragon
I get asked this question a lot and tbh for me is always PWYW
I’m always happy to see a dragon saved from exalt so I let the user that wants them determine their value by just sending a two way CR with the dragon
5a066ddb322c44953d878c49e7978a00895ca735.png
If the dragon is going to be fodder, I usually ask for about 15-20kt.
If the dragon is going to be fodder, I usually ask for about 15-20kt.
CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
Usually if it's one I haven't leveled yet, I'll ask for 10k (to make up for around what I'd get if I'd just leveled it and yeeted it real fast). If it's one I leveled to 8, 20k; if it's one I leveled to 10, 25k. The reason for that is I stash those dragons either for pushes for Light, or to sell at a large profit during fierce dom battles between other flights, during which I can sometimes make up to 40kt per level 10 dragon.

Of course, if the person is really sweet and friendly and enthusiastic about having found the most perfectest dragon and they're in love with it omg, I have been known to just give it to them out of the sheer joy of seeing their excitement. So, you know. It depends. :P
Usually if it's one I haven't leveled yet, I'll ask for 10k (to make up for around what I'd get if I'd just leveled it and yeeted it real fast). If it's one I leveled to 8, 20k; if it's one I leveled to 10, 25k. The reason for that is I stash those dragons either for pushes for Light, or to sell at a large profit during fierce dom battles between other flights, during which I can sometimes make up to 40kt per level 10 dragon.

Of course, if the person is really sweet and friendly and enthusiastic about having found the most perfectest dragon and they're in love with it omg, I have been known to just give it to them out of the sheer joy of seeing their excitement. So, you know. It depends. :P
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
7kt-10kt usually
7kt-10kt usually
I charge whatever I'd have gotten from exalting a leveled dragon! Or less, if they picked a less-popular dragon breed that I enjoy (like bogsneaks) bc I love finding other fans of the less popular breeds :)

But it's up to you, ultimately! It's your dragon. I find having them pay the price I'd get from exalting (or what I paid for them) seems fair though.
I charge whatever I'd have gotten from exalting a leveled dragon! Or less, if they picked a less-popular dragon breed that I enjoy (like bogsneaks) bc I love finding other fans of the less popular breeds :)

But it's up to you, ultimately! It's your dragon. I find having them pay the price I'd get from exalting (or what I paid for them) seems fair though.
guinevere-by-reineke-Copy.png s-t-gq.png
ace.png
demiro.png
7fFdbks.png
xjB7OSe.png
Thanks for your answers guys!
Thanks for your answers guys!
She/Her 24
Big Dragon Nerd
I only ever get obsessed with media that's at least 10 years old for some reason.
Artist and Writer
I always charge 5 gems. It's about what I pay for them.
I always charge 5 gems. It's about what I pay for them.
I charge 15kt/g for unleveled and 20kt/g for leveled.

The exception is that if I was originally trying to sell them on AH, and they didn't sell and got demoted to fodder, I charge the original price plus 5kt/g for being leveled. For instance, I price my augsurge hatchlings at 30g. So if they don't sell, and get leveled & denned to wait for a push or exalt bonus, they are still available for sale but would be 35kt/g.

Also new players can get dragons for free.
I charge 15kt/g for unleveled and 20kt/g for leveled.

The exception is that if I was originally trying to sell them on AH, and they didn't sell and got demoted to fodder, I charge the original price plus 5kt/g for being leveled. For instance, I price my augsurge hatchlings at 30g. So if they don't sell, and get leveled & denned to wait for a push or exalt bonus, they are still available for sale but would be 35kt/g.

Also new players can get dragons for free.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I know this has already been answered but:

as someone who has bought fodder dragons for breeding projects - prices usually run from 5g at the lowest to 30g at the very highest. everyone I've bought from has been between these!
I know this has already been answered but:

as someone who has bought fodder dragons for breeding projects - prices usually run from 5g at the lowest to 30g at the very highest. everyone I've bought from has been between these!
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each