Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Not Having fun :T
1 2 3 4
During the week long Flight festivals each month a lot of stuff happens on the forums.
I didn't realise for the first four months, its kind of hidden until you know where to look but you can join Maki's festival guide pinglist and also Domwatch usually gets you in a week early with a link to the Festival Flight's push hub

I used to see the festival currency dropping from site activities but didn't know what to do with it... which meant I started with a lot of FC the second year around!
These days stuff is easier to find, just check teh Grand Exchange and all the seasonal and festival stuff shows up in there while its active (usually last week of each month)
During the week long Flight festivals each month a lot of stuff happens on the forums.
I didn't realise for the first four months, its kind of hidden until you know where to look but you can join Maki's festival guide pinglist and also Domwatch usually gets you in a week early with a link to the Festival Flight's push hub

I used to see the festival currency dropping from site activities but didn't know what to do with it... which meant I started with a lot of FC the second year around!
These days stuff is easier to find, just check teh Grand Exchange and all the seasonal and festival stuff shows up in there while its active (usually last week of each month)
qDkA25S.png
@PanConQues0 Here's the link to the Domwatch thread for you, seeing as I just got pinged in it
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3337371/1#post_56778512

iirc Wind and Water are both pushing
@PanConQues0 Here's the link to the Domwatch thread for you, seeing as I just got pinged in it
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3337371/1#post_56778512

iirc Wind and Water are both pushing
qDkA25S.png
Hello guys. I found more things to do here.
I still dont have a clear goal. However. I did found a lot of my time trying to dress up my dragons and giving them some Lore. I still dont find this game really for me. But at least i burnt some time.

You can see a little makeover to i made to my dragon :>
I still dont have a clear goal. However. I did found a lot of my time trying to dress up my dragons and giving them some Lore. I still dont find this game really for me. But at least i burnt some time.

[quote name="@PanConQues0" date="2024-05-12 15:08:39" ] I still dont have a clear goal. However. I did found a lot of my time trying to dress up my dragons and giving them some Lore. [/quote] ngl, that completely sums up my own time on here haha Razmic is my fav of your dragons, I like his umbrella
@PanConQues0 wrote on 2024-05-12 15:08:39:
I still dont have a clear goal. However. I did found a lot of my time trying to dress up my dragons and giving them some Lore.
ngl, that completely sums up my own time on here haha

Razmic is my fav of your dragons, I like his umbrella
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
[quote name="PanConQues0" date="2024-05-12 15:08:39" ] Hello guys. I found more things to do here. I still dont have a clear goal. However. I did found a lot of my time trying to dress up my dragons and giving them some Lore. I still dont find this game really for me. But at least i burnt some time. You can see a little makeover to i made to my dragon :> [/quote] Im More into Fast paced games tbh. Also When they say "Go at yout own pace" i think that you can either go super fast, or super slow without any penalty, it's just your play style. I heavily dislike waiting a day just to get something random.
PanConQues0 wrote on 2024-05-12 15:08:39:

Im More into Fast paced games tbh.
Also When they say "Go at yout own pace" i think that you can either go super fast, or super slow without any penalty, it's just your play style.
I heavily dislike waiting a day just to get something random.
[quote name="FreshlyExpired" date="2024-05-07 22:50:03" ] Why are you here then lol It’s a forum-based doll dress up game more than a pet site, and if that doesn’t interest you in the slightest – oh well. Feels like trolling tbh [/quote] Please bro chill. I did not know anything about the game when they told me about it. I thought it was a lot more faster and a more traditional pet game (like neopets, Marapets, etc)
FreshlyExpired wrote on 2024-05-07 22:50:03:
Why are you here then lol
It’s a forum-based doll dress up game more than a pet site, and if that doesn’t interest you in the slightest – oh well. Feels like trolling tbh
Please bro chill. I did not know anything about the game when they told me about it. I thought it was a lot more faster and a more traditional pet game (like neopets, Marapets, etc)
[quote name="Felawnie" date="2024-05-07 16:28:16" ] It's more a make your own fun kind of game. More sandboxy. This thread here hasn't been updated in a bit but that just means any newer type challenges haven't been added. You could take a look and see if anything strikes your fancy. But if you like more structured games with goals not made by yourself, perhaps this isn't the timesink for you. But there's plenty of websites out there to explore! Challenge Directory [/quote] I might change games tbh. I absolutely HATE waiting. And I prefer fast paced games. However, it's quite hard for me to find a fast paced game that won't make me rage. As a person with autism, not only I get bored easily, or need to have a goal put directly in my face. But also, everything makes me rage
Felawnie wrote on 2024-05-07 16:28:16:
It's more a make your own fun kind of game. More sandboxy.

This thread here hasn't been updated in a bit but that just means any newer type challenges haven't been added. You could take a look and see if anything strikes your fancy. But if you like more structured games with goals not made by yourself, perhaps this isn't the timesink for you. But there's plenty of websites out there to explore!
Challenge Directory
I might change games tbh. I absolutely HATE waiting. And I prefer fast paced games. However, it's quite hard for me to find a fast paced game that won't make me rage. As a person with autism, not only I get bored easily, or need to have a goal put directly in my face. But also, everything makes me rage
Its okay. I totally get the not having fun. I dont find myself having much fun either lately, and thats totally fine!
Lately Flight Rising has just been a thing that I can mindlessly click through when I have a moment where I need to turn my brain off. Do some morning daily stuff, check hourly things very very rarely and just then ignore it the rest of the time. It's the equivalent of Cookie Clicker for me now and only serves to scratch a very small itch of "I need to do something right now but I dont want to be checked in mentally at all for anything". One day I will no longer need FR to scratch that small itch and then I will have no reason to log in any more.
You can 'play' Flight Rising that way if you want to, you can make your own fun like others are suggesting or you can just decide its not for you. Either way, what ever you decide is the right answer.
Its okay. I totally get the not having fun. I dont find myself having much fun either lately, and thats totally fine!
Lately Flight Rising has just been a thing that I can mindlessly click through when I have a moment where I need to turn my brain off. Do some morning daily stuff, check hourly things very very rarely and just then ignore it the rest of the time. It's the equivalent of Cookie Clicker for me now and only serves to scratch a very small itch of "I need to do something right now but I dont want to be checked in mentally at all for anything". One day I will no longer need FR to scratch that small itch and then I will have no reason to log in any more.
You can 'play' Flight Rising that way if you want to, you can make your own fun like others are suggesting or you can just decide its not for you. Either way, what ever you decide is the right answer.
TOW2n3q.png
There is certainly more to do now than it was ~2+ ish years ago when I fell out of love for the game initially. For me, I really enjoy doing the pursuits, piling up treasure to fund my projects, and writing lore for my dragons, but you can do anything you want! [emoji=mirror happy size=1]
There is certainly more to do now than it was ~2+ ish years ago when I fell out of love for the game initially. For me, I really enjoy doing the pursuits, piling up treasure to fund my projects, and writing lore for my dragons, but you can do anything you want!
2J3QvJQ.gif
if you want to get into some more "do as much as you like" stuff you can fight in the coliseum for as long as you want, though an optimized build can be tedious to set up for the first time if you don't get really lucky or find someone who can help you out. You can get some really really good stuff from it though! There are some rare drops you can either keep for yourself or sell for big profit. But, as someone who has done a lot of coli time, it gets really repetitive and it's very basic.

But I don't think anything on site is meant to be a huge time sink (even if a lot of us older players can spend hours on here) so don't feel obligated to hard stick to it. It can be something you just poke at for as long as you want, even if it's just a little here and there. And like I said before, there's no shame in dropping the game if you ever feel done with it. Maybe it'll grow on you, maybe it won't, that's just how it is sometimes.
if you want to get into some more "do as much as you like" stuff you can fight in the coliseum for as long as you want, though an optimized build can be tedious to set up for the first time if you don't get really lucky or find someone who can help you out. You can get some really really good stuff from it though! There are some rare drops you can either keep for yourself or sell for big profit. But, as someone who has done a lot of coli time, it gets really repetitive and it's very basic.

But I don't think anything on site is meant to be a huge time sink (even if a lot of us older players can spend hours on here) so don't feel obligated to hard stick to it. It can be something you just poke at for as long as you want, even if it's just a little here and there. And like I said before, there's no shame in dropping the game if you ever feel done with it. Maybe it'll grow on you, maybe it won't, that's just how it is sometimes.
f0fd1aee68aedd2d14eb6a05d800ce8f9c4688cc.png
1 2 3 4