Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Would anyone be interested in...
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
A DnD-style lineage?

Not fully, of course, but what I wanted to do was roll a series of events for (exclusively) hatchlings from a planned pair- one roll a day, determining whether it gets exalted, gets a bit of lore, or gets a little personality. After they reach adults (the sixth day, I believe, I don't nest a lot of dragons), they'd be "safe"- after passing a test, they would be completely free to be adopted/sold until they get in their new home.

The odds roughly are 1/4 on their hatch day, no exalting the day after, and 5/20 (1/4) for the next 4-5 days with ways they can avoid being exalted- a "survival" trait, an "adept" trait, and several other things that can both harm and help them through their childhood- much like the middle ages, when everything was chance.

Familiars, apparel, and even scenes/skins would be added based on lore pulls and daily rolls (once adults), and they'd each have a personalized lineage code.

Now I do know that doing something daily with what could potentially be five hatchlings can be taxing, and I know the odds of something happening to them would make wegging even more disappointing. Not to mention my spotty activity on sites like this.

SO.

The lineage wouldn't exclusively be one pair, more like 2-3 from the same set of dragons, with breedings able to be requested (i.e. non-exclusive pairings), but they'd be "hybrids", etc, etc. The only daily pings/pinglists I would be doing would be the single week of updates for those specific hatchlings- it'd be as much a game, as a show, as a hatchery, as a lineage.

After the one week, it'd be weekly or bi-weekly updates on the other pair/s, sales, announcements, and such.

The dragons would be obsidian-midnight colored imps, and the lore is fairly dark and survivalistic? BUT if there was enough interest for different dragons, I would scrap the one pair and maybe revisit with another (I know black imps are everywhere, but this lore pair has been planned for a WHILE. It just might not be a lineage anymore)

Anyways, that's my rant on it! Let me know if you wanna be pinged, I'll set up a pinglist you can sub to if there's enough interest ^^

If not, I'd love to hear feedback!

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I tossed the thread into discussion cause I'm not actually sharing any dergs, ahah.

A DnD-style lineage?

Not fully, of course, but what I wanted to do was roll a series of events for (exclusively) hatchlings from a planned pair- one roll a day, determining whether it gets exalted, gets a bit of lore, or gets a little personality. After they reach adults (the sixth day, I believe, I don't nest a lot of dragons), they'd be "safe"- after passing a test, they would be completely free to be adopted/sold until they get in their new home.

The odds roughly are 1/4 on their hatch day, no exalting the day after, and 5/20 (1/4) for the next 4-5 days with ways they can avoid being exalted- a "survival" trait, an "adept" trait, and several other things that can both harm and help them through their childhood- much like the middle ages, when everything was chance.

Familiars, apparel, and even scenes/skins would be added based on lore pulls and daily rolls (once adults), and they'd each have a personalized lineage code.

Now I do know that doing something daily with what could potentially be five hatchlings can be taxing, and I know the odds of something happening to them would make wegging even more disappointing. Not to mention my spotty activity on sites like this.

SO.

The lineage wouldn't exclusively be one pair, more like 2-3 from the same set of dragons, with breedings able to be requested (i.e. non-exclusive pairings), but they'd be "hybrids", etc, etc. The only daily pings/pinglists I would be doing would be the single week of updates for those specific hatchlings- it'd be as much a game, as a show, as a hatchery, as a lineage.

After the one week, it'd be weekly or bi-weekly updates on the other pair/s, sales, announcements, and such.

The dragons would be obsidian-midnight colored imps, and the lore is fairly dark and survivalistic? BUT if there was enough interest for different dragons, I would scrap the one pair and maybe revisit with another (I know black imps are everywhere, but this lore pair has been planned for a WHILE. It just might not be a lineage anymore)

Anyways, that's my rant on it! Let me know if you wanna be pinged, I'll set up a pinglist you can sub to if there's enough interest ^^

If not, I'd love to hear feedback!

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I tossed the thread into discussion cause I'm not actually sharing any dergs, ahah.

8094.png

Darling, whatever made you believe I wasn't a monster?
1168.png
This sounds crazy and I’m kinda invested! Is this a multi player type plan?
This sounds crazy and I’m kinda invested! Is this a multi player type plan?
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
  • i'm actually the prettiest yiny princess
@Kiln
Not originally, no! About a year ago, when I started considering doing something like this, it was supposed to be just the one dragon- then it expanded to him and a semi-permanent to permanent mate (that I'm still in the process of acquiring. I've had plenty of triples from the pair, but the range is two colors and they're either the wrong gender or the wrong color), with the possibility of adding other dragons and having them be from other lineages with the one dragon as the main (similar to Polvoron)- and then I started thinking: what are the biggest lineages?

The ones with more than one starter pair, like the Barghests. Or the ambitious ones with only one main dragon, like Gengyar, Naomi, Ignis, and such.

But... I also recently acquired my guy's sister and started thinking about the implications of my lore, especially my new lore- they don't have to be descended from the one guy. So I'd be up for considering it! But my lore is a major work in progress and I'm still messing around with the one dragon in particular, seeing where he fits, ahah (I just took all the outfits and all the fams off of all my dragons to see just where I want them).

TL;DR I talk a lot xD I'm still not sure what I want to do with the him specifically, but I'd be willing to mess around and work with a couple other people with this!

(I swear my consecutive posts won't be this long)
@Kiln
Not originally, no! About a year ago, when I started considering doing something like this, it was supposed to be just the one dragon- then it expanded to him and a semi-permanent to permanent mate (that I'm still in the process of acquiring. I've had plenty of triples from the pair, but the range is two colors and they're either the wrong gender or the wrong color), with the possibility of adding other dragons and having them be from other lineages with the one dragon as the main (similar to Polvoron)- and then I started thinking: what are the biggest lineages?

The ones with more than one starter pair, like the Barghests. Or the ambitious ones with only one main dragon, like Gengyar, Naomi, Ignis, and such.

But... I also recently acquired my guy's sister and started thinking about the implications of my lore, especially my new lore- they don't have to be descended from the one guy. So I'd be up for considering it! But my lore is a major work in progress and I'm still messing around with the one dragon in particular, seeing where he fits, ahah (I just took all the outfits and all the fams off of all my dragons to see just where I want them).

TL;DR I talk a lot xD I'm still not sure what I want to do with the him specifically, but I'd be willing to mess around and work with a couple other people with this!

(I swear my consecutive posts won't be this long)
8094.png

1168.png
mhm this seems pretty neat i'd stick around at least to see how things turn out(and i mean so many of my imp skins look great for that range so yknow)
mhm this seems pretty neat i'd stick around at least to see how things turn out(and i mean so many of my imp skins look great for that range so yknow)
WCQwBli.png
This seems pretty similar to a Fodderlocke (or other Nuzlocke variety- Pinkerlockes are another to look up). There's a bunch of people who have had fun with these, so I think you'd do pretty well!
This seems pretty similar to a Fodderlocke (or other Nuzlocke variety- Pinkerlockes are another to look up). There's a bunch of people who have had fun with these, so I think you'd do pretty well!
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, if you have a response to what I said!
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

edit:
I've wanted to do a sort of nuzlocke (not decided on the version). But it's so demanding of time and spoons that I am afraid I would drop the venture partway through (for health reasons, not due to low interest) and I just don't want that kind of weight on my shoulders. D:
Oh cool idea! I would love to follow along. (pinglist please?) :D

edit:
I've wanted to do a sort of nuzlocke (not decided on the version). But it's so demanding of time and spoons that I am afraid I would drop the venture partway through (for health reasons, not due to low interest) and I just don't want that kind of weight on my shoulders. D:
79868604p.png79868603p.png1q7diA4.jpegMreCscM.png
This sounds pretty cool! I’d enjoy watching it
This sounds pretty cool! I’d enjoy watching it
Cursed Die -Free Dragons! Half-A-Hatchery

-FR Time
-she/her
-Trying to find a matchy dragon for the dice vista
………...…… H1sgaHX.png Die of Bargaining
In any case, I'm not sure if you would be interested in buying hatchlings and me actually turning it into a lineage, but I'll probably make it a challenge at the very least ^^ (though, at that point, if I don't involve others directly, I'd probably make the odds a little more... challenging. The small odds were to have the highest chance at survival if anyone wanted the imps)

@humbledarkmage
Right? Gotta have somewhere to put those skins xD Would you like to be pinged for when I open the thread?

@Renaiwom
Oh, I didn't even notice that! Honestly, I was debating making a lineage and throwing it in QnC... xD I wonder then, what would it classify as? A challenge? A lineage? Hmm...

@Neishai
Man, I feel that. I used to have a biolocke going, but it got very stressful, especially trying to keep up with it. Every. Single. Day. Maybe you could do a small one, with only a few dragons?

@Caelight
Thank you! Would you like to be pinged for it?
In any case, I'm not sure if you would be interested in buying hatchlings and me actually turning it into a lineage, but I'll probably make it a challenge at the very least ^^ (though, at that point, if I don't involve others directly, I'd probably make the odds a little more... challenging. The small odds were to have the highest chance at survival if anyone wanted the imps)

@humbledarkmage
Right? Gotta have somewhere to put those skins xD Would you like to be pinged for when I open the thread?

@Renaiwom
Oh, I didn't even notice that! Honestly, I was debating making a lineage and throwing it in QnC... xD I wonder then, what would it classify as? A challenge? A lineage? Hmm...

@Neishai
Man, I feel that. I used to have a biolocke going, but it got very stressful, especially trying to keep up with it. Every. Single. Day. Maybe you could do a small one, with only a few dragons?

@Caelight
Thank you! Would you like to be pinged for it?
8094.png

1168.png
A small one might be do-able, yes. So then, I will need an egg...
A small one might be do-able, yes. So then, I will need an egg...
79868604p.png79868603p.png1q7diA4.jpegMreCscM.png
This sounds like something I'd be interested in
This sounds like something I'd be interested in
Keeper of Stories
Tn4TEAZ.png
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page