Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In Search of the most Dino of Dragons
1 2
Because some lore I am making, I am trying to find out which type of dragon species, skins or apparel would work well to basically make a dinosaur dragon who would fit right alongside the familiars you can get from arlo. Problem: Idk where to start, so Ima just ask around!

Do you have a dragon you consider more dinosaur than dragon look wise? Any genes you feel fit a more ancient or grounded vibe? Do you know good skins or apparel who would fit this?

The reason for this lore related question is that I have "Dinosaur clans" on an island im making, and ofc, i cant exactly write a nice bio for a dinosaur that isnt and cant be in my lair. But people like to make subspecies through nice mixing of genes so maybe i can do smth like that.

Idk where to start though, thus the question of if any of you know where I could start searching, any help is appreciated
Because some lore I am making, I am trying to find out which type of dragon species, skins or apparel would work well to basically make a dinosaur dragon who would fit right alongside the familiars you can get from arlo. Problem: Idk where to start, so Ima just ask around!

Do you have a dragon you consider more dinosaur than dragon look wise? Any genes you feel fit a more ancient or grounded vibe? Do you know good skins or apparel who would fit this?

The reason for this lore related question is that I have "Dinosaur clans" on an island im making, and ofc, i cant exactly write a nice bio for a dinosaur that isnt and cant be in my lair. But people like to make subspecies through nice mixing of genes so maybe i can do smth like that.

Idk where to start though, thus the question of if any of you know where I could start searching, any help is appreciated
jJhmri0.pngnBLoI8v.pngBolw6Se.png
probably wildclaws? they're raptor-like
probably wildclaws? they're raptor-like
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
@astrojelly was my first guess too but maybe thats also just the influence of being the 1 guys with tiny lil arms unlike the rest
@astrojelly was my first guess too but maybe thats also just the influence of being the 1 guys with tiny lil arms unlike the rest
Apart from Wildclaws, maybe Dusthides with the Pachy gene?

And Snappers have this heavy body with back plating that could fit something like Ankylosaurus?

and idk but Banescales kinda give me dinosaur vibes as well.
Apart from Wildclaws, maybe Dusthides with the Pachy gene?

And Snappers have this heavy body with back plating that could fit something like Ankylosaurus?

and idk but Banescales kinda give me dinosaur vibes as well.
@Shakura Suddenly, the dusty gene Ive been trying to avoid has a use, intresting...
@Shakura Suddenly, the dusty gene Ive been trying to avoid has a use, intresting...
[center][size=4][b]Apparel[/b][/size] [item=Azure Dinosaur Armor][item=Dark Dinosaur Armor][item=Dusty Dinosaur Armor][item=Gold Dinosaur Armor][item=Jade Dinosaur Armor][item=Fading Chitin Armor][item=Creeping Chitin Armor][item=Burrowing Chitin Armor][item=Solidscale Armor Heap][item=Steelscale Armor Heap][item=Brightscale Armor Heap][item=Crown of Bones] [center][size=4][b]Skins / Accents[/b][/size] [skin=26527][skin=34469][skin=25149][skin=35748][skin=33750][skin=38051][skin=16915][skin=11726][skin=31805][skin=44832][skin=10555][skin=36750][skin=28590][skin=25154][skin=32099][skin=1343][skin=4158][skin=11408][skin=11162][skin=26989][skin=43409][skin=43408][skin=35001] [/center]
Apparel
Azure Dinosaur Armor Dark Dinosaur Armor Dusty Dinosaur Armor Gold Dinosaur Armor Jade Dinosaur Armor Fading Chitin Armor Creeping Chitin Armor Burrowing Chitin Armor Solidscale Armor Heap Steelscale Armor Heap Brightscale Armor Heap Crown of Bones

Skins / Accents
@Oraanu Ooooh I didnt know of fossil skins for imperials, while the neon wildclaw one is just funny XD. Though with so many fossil bones running around and moving it feels like necromnacer dinos are running around causing chaos XD

Thank you for the list! I should really look into getting a chitin set, and probably at this point look into getting a wildclaw or two
@Oraanu Ooooh I didnt know of fossil skins for imperials, while the neon wildclaw one is just funny XD. Though with so many fossil bones running around and moving it feels like necromnacer dinos are running around causing chaos XD

Thank you for the list! I should really look into getting a chitin set, and probably at this point look into getting a wildclaw or two
Skydancers and Aberrations. They're just Pelagornis and Hesperornis. Hesperornis (Aberrations) dive in the Plague soup. I suppose if you're looking for living dinosaurs, secretary bird and lappet faced vulture.
Skydancers and Aberrations. They're just Pelagornis and Hesperornis. Hesperornis (Aberrations) dive in the Plague soup. I suppose if you're looking for living dinosaurs, secretary bird and lappet faced vulture.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@Natron Skydancers I can see why, aberrations are a suggestion I didn't expect, intresting
@Natron Skydancers I can see why, aberrations are a suggestion I didn't expect, intresting
Wildclaws as a base breed are probably the most "dino" we have at the moment, being very "raptor" inspired. There's quite a few umas out there that have been done to give the appearance of being more dino-like.

All of my dino dinos have been on wildclaws, personally.

Yuki from Dinosaur Sanctuary. Ghalta and Pantz from MtG (they're technically fantasy dinos but still count I think) Ghalta is sporting a uma that's been designed to go with the thunder lizards arlo scene so that they appear wingless. Sadly non-theropod body plans are a lil on the short side for availability. There is the pachy gene that dusties have mentioned before... and you might be able to argue a snapper is kinda ankylosaur-like, and sandsurges do have those big sails you could try to work with.
Wildclaws as a base breed are probably the most "dino" we have at the moment, being very "raptor" inspired. There's quite a few umas out there that have been done to give the appearance of being more dino-like.

All of my dino dinos have been on wildclaws, personally.

Yuki from Dinosaur Sanctuary. Ghalta and Pantz from MtG (they're technically fantasy dinos but still count I think) Ghalta is sporting a uma that's been designed to go with the thunder lizards arlo scene so that they appear wingless. Sadly non-theropod body plans are a lil on the short side for availability. There is the pachy gene that dusties have mentioned before... and you might be able to argue a snapper is kinda ankylosaur-like, and sandsurges do have those big sails you could try to work with.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
1 2