Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | pokemon rambling
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
i just made an account on pokefarm the other day .... ive been going on it a LOT and also recently going on pokemon go again ...... i love it
i just made an account on pokefarm the other day .... ive been going on it a LOT and also recently going on pokemon go again ...... i love it
ePOliyb.png
bYt72YT.png
zwkSD6b.png
lAvpyOQ.png
the english names for a lot of pokemon characters are very meaningful and still convey a lot about the characters if you look up the meanings behind them but im still sad so much of the plant themed names have to be cut because they can't be translated very elegantly into other languages. although i do find it interesting that we have very intimidating characters like lance and leon who's names contain cotton and dandelion respectively. there's still a lot of characters that retain the plant theme like iris and alder and diantha (and also the lys in lysandre is french for lily so even the names that don't seem like plants are still plants) and the professors but this extends to every gym leader and elite 4 and champions (excluding blue who is green) and most "evil" team leaders and their subordinates and im painting with broad strokes here because ghetsis is named after evil sounding music and the rocket admins are named after literal rockets but its a fun fact if anyone wasn't aware.

also because im looking through the gym leaders and elite 4 now what is with paldea's elite 4, why is there a 9 year old and 2 middle aged men, why is one of them named larry??????
the english names for a lot of pokemon characters are very meaningful and still convey a lot about the characters if you look up the meanings behind them but im still sad so much of the plant themed names have to be cut because they can't be translated very elegantly into other languages. although i do find it interesting that we have very intimidating characters like lance and leon who's names contain cotton and dandelion respectively. there's still a lot of characters that retain the plant theme like iris and alder and diantha (and also the lys in lysandre is french for lily so even the names that don't seem like plants are still plants) and the professors but this extends to every gym leader and elite 4 and champions (excluding blue who is green) and most "evil" team leaders and their subordinates and im painting with broad strokes here because ghetsis is named after evil sounding music and the rocket admins are named after literal rockets but its a fun fact if anyone wasn't aware.

also because im looking through the gym leaders and elite 4 now what is with paldea's elite 4, why is there a 9 year old and 2 middle aged men, why is one of them named larry??????
golden line with blue and white pearls and diamonds
i hate how i know 90% of all pokemon's types instinctively. the fixation has never left me

anywayy i wish zygarde had more significance in the games :( i didn't know it existed in pokemon xy at all until i stumbled across it by accident!! it's literally my favorite dragon type im going crazy. it's just a dog. and a snake. and also optimus prime as a pokemon. what's not to love?
i hate how i know 90% of all pokemon's types instinctively. the fixation has never left me

anywayy i wish zygarde had more significance in the games :( i didn't know it existed in pokemon xy at all until i stumbled across it by accident!! it's literally my favorite dragon type im going crazy. it's just a dog. and a snake. and also optimus prime as a pokemon. what's not to love?
ani_bw-S_441.gifiiit's raven time!
@bulrush To be fair, nine is usually when the average playerbase gets far enough to meet the E4. But I'm also a bit biased since I think Paldeas E4 is funny and good.

(Also has anyone ever noticed that Paldea has no cops? At all? Anywhere? Peak region.)
@bulrush To be fair, nine is usually when the average playerbase gets far enough to meet the E4. But I'm also a bit biased since I think Paldeas E4 is funny and good.

(Also has anyone ever noticed that Paldea has no cops? At all? Anywhere? Peak region.)
h1d7LhT.png
@Sonora at least iris got to have a cool dress and amazing battle theme, this just feels like i walked into someone's house and am fighting the people who live there. although the theme of scarlet and violet is a school/university? so i guess it makes sense that the trainers are just like, normal people but its still pretty jarring to go from man in a suit of armor to man with a briefcase. [quote name="RavenWithAGoal" date="2024-01-09 20:27:23" ] anywayy i wish zygarde had more significance in the games :( i didn't know it existed in pokemon xy at all until i stumbled across it by accident!! it's literally my favorite dragon type im going crazy. it's just a dog. and a snake. and also optimus prime as a pokemon. what's not to love? [/quote] the missed potential in gen6 is absolutely insane like i actually genuinely feel embarrassed for loving it so much because the plot is so threadbare.
@Sonora at least iris got to have a cool dress and amazing battle theme, this just feels like i walked into someone's house and am fighting the people who live there. although the theme of scarlet and violet is a school/university? so i guess it makes sense that the trainers are just like, normal people but its still pretty jarring to go from man in a suit of armor to man with a briefcase.
RavenWithAGoal wrote on 2024-01-09 20:27:23:

the missed potential in gen6 is absolutely insane like i actually genuinely feel embarrassed for loving it so much because the plot is so threadbare.
golden line with blue and white pearls and diamonds
Gen 6 is weird because I feel like, they had a good premise going? Life and death and all that. But the plot kind of...missed out on being something super impactful I don't know why.
Gen 6 is weird because I feel like, they had a good premise going? Life and death and all that. But the plot kind of...missed out on being something super impactful I don't know why.
ll0CfnD.png
mlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png
awUnQ0L.png
TdTJOrw.png
3M48cU6.png
:
:
:
:
:
:
NEW-SIGNATURE.png
still thinking abt briar. shes so scrunkly.
still thinking abt briar. shes so scrunkly.
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
@FivePebbles It's weird because the game had so much meat to it up until the...I wanna say fourth badge? And then everything just kinda slid away from it, it's a shame too since it's a fun game with excellent legendaries!
@FivePebbles It's weird because the game had so much meat to it up until the...I wanna say fourth badge? And then everything just kinda slid away from it, it's a shame too since it's a fun game with excellent legendaries!
h1d7LhT.png
Gen 6 are the first games I was totally fine to just trade away and not play again. The idea was great. I love mega evolution, and the characters were nice. I have a lot of fond memories of it, and the main fanfiction I wrote centred around the premise of Gen 6 life and death. However, I just don't like replaying those games. The cut scenes are painful, and the graphics don't work imo. They're too chibi. (I do like ORAS however. They redeemed Gen 3 for me simply because of the storytelling.)

My favourite games are Black/White/2, followed closely by Sun and Moon. The story telling feels nice in those games, and Pokemon Sun moved me to tears. I do feel Pokemon has lost some personality moving to 3D graphics though. The textures are nice in Scarlet and Violet, so they might pick up again a bit. But as an old-school fan who started with Pokemon Blue in 1999, I am a sucker for pixel art XD
Gen 6 are the first games I was totally fine to just trade away and not play again. The idea was great. I love mega evolution, and the characters were nice. I have a lot of fond memories of it, and the main fanfiction I wrote centred around the premise of Gen 6 life and death. However, I just don't like replaying those games. The cut scenes are painful, and the graphics don't work imo. They're too chibi. (I do like ORAS however. They redeemed Gen 3 for me simply because of the storytelling.)

My favourite games are Black/White/2, followed closely by Sun and Moon. The story telling feels nice in those games, and Pokemon Sun moved me to tears. I do feel Pokemon has lost some personality moving to 3D graphics though. The textures are nice in Scarlet and Violet, so they might pick up again a bit. But as an old-school fan who started with Pokemon Blue in 1999, I am a sucker for pixel art XD
delibird
delibird
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
wishlist ---> here
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11