Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Unnamed permas or Quickly Named
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
some of mine are intentionally Unnamed. others usually hang out nameless until they get their names, especially if they're in the lair (keeps them out of the Coli selection screen). if i want to train them i'll usually just name them "Name," level, Den them, and rename them later. i don't like trying to give them names just for the sake of it, since random names tend to stick but not in a good way and it takes me a while to forget them and adjust to a new name down the line. as for how long the proper name takes... could be anywhere from a couple hours to six years. [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1]
some of mine are intentionally Unnamed. others usually hang out nameless until they get their names, especially if they're in the lair (keeps them out of the Coli selection screen). if i want to train them i'll usually just name them "Name," level, Den them, and rename them later. i don't like trying to give them names just for the sake of it, since random names tend to stick but not in a good way and it takes me a while to forget them and adjust to a new name down the line.

as for how long the proper name takes... could be anywhere from a couple hours to six years.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
[quote name="Lonin" date="2023-07-21 09:57:28" ] We leave them unnamed until we can think of a name and then we forget abouot them and years go by :D [/quote] This. I just checked my hibden and I have a 6 year old imperial still unnamed, and he will stay that way until I think of something nice for him. :')
Lonin wrote on 2023-07-21 09:57:28:
We leave them unnamed until we can think of a name and then we forget abouot them and years go by :D
This. I just checked my hibden and I have a 6 year old imperial still unnamed, and he will stay that way until I think of something nice for him. :')
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
I collect unnamed dragons on purpose :D If it gets into my lair unnamed, it stays unnamed, I only used to name them in my first years here.
I collect unnamed dragons on purpose :D If it gets into my lair unnamed, it stays unnamed, I only used to name them in my first years here.
i had an unnamed one for 5 months now bc i cant come up with the name OR lore. So
i had an unnamed one for 5 months now bc i cant come up with the name OR lore. So
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
i leave mine unnamed, im terrible with names
i leave mine unnamed, im terrible with names
underoath-envy.gif | Malice or Jolene | wishlist | sales | 9S8BEmF.gif
I do not remember most of them are named. I really don't care as long it isnt *unnamed*
I do not remember most of them are named. I really don't care as long it isnt *unnamed*
I name them. I only have one unnamed dragon and that's because I'm mad at him. But if I'm not mad at them, they get name.
I name them. I only have one unnamed dragon and that's because I'm mad at him. But if I'm not mad at them, they get name.
i6v47.gif ART SHOP! | Fandragons! | WishlistDnXco.gif9QJOj.gifKGxmz.giffDl7n.gifmwGud.gif
I leave them unnamed until I find the right name for them.
I leave them unnamed until I find the right name for them.
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
Eh it bothers me to see an unnamed dragon in my lair so I’d rather just name them and if it really doesn’t suit them I’ll use a scroll later :/
Eh it bothers me to see an unnamed dragon in my lair so I’d rather just name them and if it really doesn’t suit them I’ll use a scroll later :/
2OTuj7X.png
I always keep them unnamed, it bothers me even if they come named because all of my dragons follow a special theme so I can't just come up with a random name for em
I always keep them unnamed, it bothers me even if they come named because all of my dragons follow a special theme so I can't just come up with a random name for em
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8