Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [lf] more 1x1s
Go to previous page
Go to page 1 Currently on page 2
Go to next page
@Sunnycat4
  • Who's the older and who's the younger? I'd prefer to be the older one, but I really don't mind either way. How big's the age gap? And what's their relationship? Are they siblings? Is A B's parent? Communal housing for poor people?
    • i'm all good being the younger! a reckless younger viking who's so excited about the dragons being friendly, and willing to push that on everyone else. i'm good with them being siblings, maybe- not too much of an age difference, but enough to be noticeable.
  • How much of a rift between them does the difference in mindsets cause? How is it viewed. It it a massive argumentative point or just something they live around?
    • i'd say a decent rift could be formed by it- enough that character A refuses to let them come inside with the dragon, and is very vocal about how training this dragon is really dangerous to everyone. they probably argue about it a fair bit, but both know neither is really going to change their mindset on it.
  • Where do they live? Are they in some kind of massive shipping point and have to deal with this daily, are they distant fishers completely alone on their island, or is it just a short hop and a skip to the nearest populated point? If they live in a community, how is A viewed for their dragon hate and how does the community feel about their new hatchling?
    • i'd think it could be fun for it to be a large shipping and trading port, one that's benefitted greatly from dragons- they use them to move goods that are too heavy for people to carry, and the dragons have just become an accepted part of daily life. some people, of course, are still stuck in the mindset of 'dragons are bad,' but their number is dwindling as the practicality of having them around becomes clear. character A probably wouldn't get too much hate for their distaste for dragons, but are instead treated with a very 'they'll come around' attitude. people would likely see their hatchling as their first real acknowledgement that dragons have a use, regardless of what character A insists.
  • What kind of dragons does each one have? Are we using defined species (Wiki master list) or are we making something up? What would that look like?
    • i assume probably canon species, and hm. given they're likely in a busy trade port, larger and stronger dragons for the most part, though some smaller and speedier ones can be seen as messengers. i figure character B probably has a tidal-class dragon (maybe a Seashocker or Shockjaw), and you can pick for character A, given they'd be your character.
  • Where does B get the dragon for A? Potential future conflict?
    • they probably stole it from merchants, if we're going with the idea this is a port city. selling dragons would be a lucrative business, if dangerous, and character B would likely have no idea where to get dragon eggs, so they stole one from a merchant and gave it to character A, who it imprinted on and refuses to leave alone. could give us both the merchants looking for their stolen egg and the dragon the merchants took the egg from looking for their stolen hatchling.

if you have any ideas or want to change anything i wrote, feel free to! i was just spouting off ideas and hopefully they're decent ideas dsfjfjsdk
@Sunnycat4
  • Who's the older and who's the younger? I'd prefer to be the older one, but I really don't mind either way. How big's the age gap? And what's their relationship? Are they siblings? Is A B's parent? Communal housing for poor people?
    • i'm all good being the younger! a reckless younger viking who's so excited about the dragons being friendly, and willing to push that on everyone else. i'm good with them being siblings, maybe- not too much of an age difference, but enough to be noticeable.
  • How much of a rift between them does the difference in mindsets cause? How is it viewed. It it a massive argumentative point or just something they live around?
    • i'd say a decent rift could be formed by it- enough that character A refuses to let them come inside with the dragon, and is very vocal about how training this dragon is really dangerous to everyone. they probably argue about it a fair bit, but both know neither is really going to change their mindset on it.
  • Where do they live? Are they in some kind of massive shipping point and have to deal with this daily, are they distant fishers completely alone on their island, or is it just a short hop and a skip to the nearest populated point? If they live in a community, how is A viewed for their dragon hate and how does the community feel about their new hatchling?
    • i'd think it could be fun for it to be a large shipping and trading port, one that's benefitted greatly from dragons- they use them to move goods that are too heavy for people to carry, and the dragons have just become an accepted part of daily life. some people, of course, are still stuck in the mindset of 'dragons are bad,' but their number is dwindling as the practicality of having them around becomes clear. character A probably wouldn't get too much hate for their distaste for dragons, but are instead treated with a very 'they'll come around' attitude. people would likely see their hatchling as their first real acknowledgement that dragons have a use, regardless of what character A insists.
  • What kind of dragons does each one have? Are we using defined species (Wiki master list) or are we making something up? What would that look like?
    • i assume probably canon species, and hm. given they're likely in a busy trade port, larger and stronger dragons for the most part, though some smaller and speedier ones can be seen as messengers. i figure character B probably has a tidal-class dragon (maybe a Seashocker or Shockjaw), and you can pick for character A, given they'd be your character.
  • Where does B get the dragon for A? Potential future conflict?
    • they probably stole it from merchants, if we're going with the idea this is a port city. selling dragons would be a lucrative business, if dangerous, and character B would likely have no idea where to get dragon eggs, so they stole one from a merchant and gave it to character A, who it imprinted on and refuses to leave alone. could give us both the merchants looking for their stolen egg and the dragon the merchants took the egg from looking for their stolen hatchling.

if you have any ideas or want to change anything i wrote, feel free to! i was just spouting off ideas and hopefully they're decent ideas dsfjfjsdk
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif 1x1 RP Thread
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif About Me
nap4Srm.gif ten_pixel.png
@Goldenwolfmidna

Ok final thoughts, then we start?
  • Somewhere between 5 to 7 years difference would probably be best, but it could be less.
  • If we're doing a shopping port, A's job could be as a ship builder or fisher, something along those lines that doesn't require too much dragon interaction. Mby they could even be working with like minded people.
  • I'd say Shock Jaw, since Sea Shockers are soly aquatic dragons. I looked through and a Silver Phantom would work for A, and it makes sense if they stole it from a merchant.
@Goldenwolfmidna

Ok final thoughts, then we start?
  • Somewhere between 5 to 7 years difference would probably be best, but it could be less.
  • If we're doing a shopping port, A's job could be as a ship builder or fisher, something along those lines that doesn't require too much dragon interaction. Mby they could even be working with like minded people.
  • I'd say Shock Jaw, since Sea Shockers are soly aquatic dragons. I looked through and a Silver Phantom would work for A, and it makes sense if they stole it from a merchant.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me here
Do you love the color of the sky?
@Goldenwolfmidna if your still looking I'd be interested in doing a httyd rp or a sci-fi cyberpunk based roleplay,it'd probably be easier to communicate farther for me on discord as I get the notification and far more active on there.
@Goldenwolfmidna if your still looking I'd be interested in doing a httyd rp or a sci-fi cyberpunk based roleplay,it'd probably be easier to communicate farther for me on discord as I get the notification and far more active on there.
Wx0EgSk.png
@Sunnycat4 5-7 years sounds good! i figure my character's probably like, 14-15ish at Most, though i'm cool discussing that. and a shipbuilder/fisher sounds good- maybe they're teaching their skills to B, who uses their dragon to speed up the process? and yeah, i later read that, oops, seashockers are fully sea dragons, so we'll go shockjaw.

should one of us make the proper rp thread?

@Jackandsally neat! i'm still looking, and feel free to friend me on discord, i'm StupidQuotesAreMyLife#6240 on there
@Sunnycat4 5-7 years sounds good! i figure my character's probably like, 14-15ish at Most, though i'm cool discussing that. and a shipbuilder/fisher sounds good- maybe they're teaching their skills to B, who uses their dragon to speed up the process? and yeah, i later read that, oops, seashockers are fully sea dragons, so we'll go shockjaw.

should one of us make the proper rp thread?

@Jackandsally neat! i'm still looking, and feel free to friend me on discord, i'm StupidQuotesAreMyLife#6240 on there
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif 1x1 RP Thread
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif About Me
nap4Srm.gif ten_pixel.png
@Goldenwolfmidna alright I'm send a friend request rn! Mines Katsume#3022
@Goldenwolfmidna alright I'm send a friend request rn! Mines Katsume#3022
Wx0EgSk.png