Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New Flight: Void?
1 2 3
[size=4][font=cambria]Thanks for sharin' yer thoughts [emoji=comment size=1] as cool as new flight sounds I can see why it would be kinda hard to add at this point, I guess maybe earlier it could have been done? But it makes sense to actually just add some special universal eyes like Lykos said, mainly because th' void flight was a way to try an' have a reason to add black an' white eyes beside rare earth an' pastel ice - also, aye, best to avoid any other eyepocalipse hhshshs
Thanks for sharin' yer thoughts as cool as new flight sounds I can see why it would be kinda hard to add at this point, I guess maybe earlier it could have been done? But it makes sense to actually just add some special universal eyes like Lykos said, mainly because th' void flight was a way to try an' have a reason to add black an' white eyes beside rare earth an' pastel ice - also, aye, best to avoid any other eyepocalipse hhshshs
UDy41Fx.png
We don't have room in the calendar for another flight holiday.
We don't have room in the calendar for another flight holiday.
No support on a Void flight, but tentative support as a new element? With the Shade, it could be made into an interesting holiday like Warrior's Way or Pirate's Day which we have now. How to obtain the element (or proper colors if it is an egg) may be the only issue I can think of. It could suck that you may not be able to breed Void dragons.
No support on a Void flight, but tentative support as a new element? With the Shade, it could be made into an interesting holiday like Warrior's Way or Pirate's Day which we have now. How to obtain the element (or proper colors if it is an egg) may be the only issue I can think of. It could suck that you may not be able to breed Void dragons.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
I do not feel that we need a new flight, even if it’s an npc flight, as it would require rebalancing in the coliseum. If it’s a flight players could join then it another holiday would have to be established to be fair and we don’t really have room for a new flight

That being said new eye types that allowed for dark eyes or whitish eyes would be nice
I do not feel that we need a new flight, even if it’s an npc flight, as it would require rebalancing in the coliseum. If it’s a flight players could join then it another holiday would have to be established to be fair and we don’t really have room for a new flight

That being said new eye types that allowed for dark eyes or whitish eyes would be nice
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I really really love this idea in theory. However, while I think that a flight that doesn't care about dominance and doesn't have a holiday would make things more fair (because with NOTN, we have no room for another holiday and there would be an outcry if we removed NOTN or that became the new flight's holiday), there's still the issue of elements affecting coliseum play**...

...and there would be a lot of drama from the playerbase, worse than the eyepocalypse. There would be people screaming about how they never would have chosen Flight X if Void Flight had been an option, wanting their gems for flight changes back or wanting to reroll their progens***. There would be people screaming about how Void Flight unbalances dom when all the people who don't care about dom are moving there. There would be people screaming about why Void Flight doesn't do dom, and doesn't have a holiday. The benefits of introducing Void Flight (cool lore, cool eyes) would unfortunately be massively outweighed by the toxicity from the playerbase upon the creation of a 12th flight. If I sound pessimistic and overly bad faith about the community of FR, it's because I have Seen Things over the last five years.

I don't want to outright say "no support" because I do think this idea is really cool! I just don't know how it could be executed without causing an uproar. Maybe new eye types, eye contacts, or a new neutral-aligned dragon breed, or both? Maybe another microholiday, like Warrior's Way?

**My Mire trainer is an Ice dragon and I've done training in high-level venues and grinding in lower-level venues with dragons of all different elements and in my experience it honestly doesn't matter that much but it might later on depending on any coliseum revamps, like if we were to get the magical version of Eliminate.

***I think there should be a scroll that lets you reroll your progens anyway, because they can't be sold/traded and a lot of us who are new to the game make mistakes with our custom because we don't know better (I'm one of them, I would like to change my progens' flight to the flight I'm in now), but that's neither here nor there.
I really really love this idea in theory. However, while I think that a flight that doesn't care about dominance and doesn't have a holiday would make things more fair (because with NOTN, we have no room for another holiday and there would be an outcry if we removed NOTN or that became the new flight's holiday), there's still the issue of elements affecting coliseum play**...

...and there would be a lot of drama from the playerbase, worse than the eyepocalypse. There would be people screaming about how they never would have chosen Flight X if Void Flight had been an option, wanting their gems for flight changes back or wanting to reroll their progens***. There would be people screaming about how Void Flight unbalances dom when all the people who don't care about dom are moving there. There would be people screaming about why Void Flight doesn't do dom, and doesn't have a holiday. The benefits of introducing Void Flight (cool lore, cool eyes) would unfortunately be massively outweighed by the toxicity from the playerbase upon the creation of a 12th flight. If I sound pessimistic and overly bad faith about the community of FR, it's because I have Seen Things over the last five years.

I don't want to outright say "no support" because I do think this idea is really cool! I just don't know how it could be executed without causing an uproar. Maybe new eye types, eye contacts, or a new neutral-aligned dragon breed, or both? Maybe another microholiday, like Warrior's Way?

**My Mire trainer is an Ice dragon and I've done training in high-level venues and grinding in lower-level venues with dragons of all different elements and in my experience it honestly doesn't matter that much but it might later on depending on any coliseum revamps, like if we were to get the magical version of Eliminate.

***I think there should be a scroll that lets you reroll your progens anyway, because they can't be sold/traded and a lot of us who are new to the game make mistakes with our custom because we don't know better (I'm one of them, I would like to change my progens' flight to the flight I'm in now), but that's neither here nor there.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
i love the idea of different eye types for greyscale, but im gonna have to say no support because this sounds and feels like SUCH a big effort and change for such a small little thing. i think just adding an eye vial which just greyscales the eye would be a much easier and sensible option
i love the idea of different eye types for greyscale, but im gonna have to say no support because this sounds and feels like SUCH a big effort and change for such a small little thing. i think just adding an eye vial which just greyscales the eye would be a much easier and sensible option

dFnwkLI.png
HkhtXgT.png
tNgQJvM.png

7A7cEAI.png
FObX7rS.png
oouioVf.png
O9f7K2d.png Slow replies! Pls be patient!
Hmmm, I like the idea of having white-grayscales-black eyes, but I really don't think we need a new Flight.
I think that between the Eleven we have, they're able to cover a very good range of aesthetics and personality archetypes. Adding a new one will just kinda remove a flavor of variety from the ones we already have. Like, Metal is a common suggestion but it's actually kinda folded into the themeing of the Fire Flight. And Void just kinda stomps into the territory of both Shadow and Arcane's theming.
I think if it was maybe some sort of 'unaligned' colors', or maybe Dragons that have been 'Shadetouched' I would be more into it, cause it doesn't have the baggage that comes with having a new Flight.
Hmmm, I like the idea of having white-grayscales-black eyes, but I really don't think we need a new Flight.
I think that between the Eleven we have, they're able to cover a very good range of aesthetics and personality archetypes. Adding a new one will just kinda remove a flavor of variety from the ones we already have. Like, Metal is a common suggestion but it's actually kinda folded into the themeing of the Fire Flight. And Void just kinda stomps into the territory of both Shadow and Arcane's theming.
I think if it was maybe some sort of 'unaligned' colors', or maybe Dragons that have been 'Shadetouched' I would be more into it, cause it doesn't have the baggage that comes with having a new Flight.
(Hey! Maybe check out my comic?)
FRBanner.png
Well another way they could work a new flight like that is your clan can move there (to the Void flight region as the nest flight comes from where the nest is) and stay aligned to your flight.
So for example you could be Earth aligned but live in the Metal flight region. The new flights could also be found behind the Forbidden Portal.

It would be a pain to code but it would be a great update for eye colour, combat and clan visual diversity.
Well another way they could work a new flight like that is your clan can move there (to the Void flight region as the nest flight comes from where the nest is) and stay aligned to your flight.
So for example you could be Earth aligned but live in the Metal flight region. The new flights could also be found behind the Forbidden Portal.

It would be a pain to code but it would be a great update for eye colour, combat and clan visual diversity.
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist
»Pinkerlocke
»Skin Shop