Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | When you want to make an asexual dragon
1 2
My aroace dragon and her two dragon offspring list that I bred myself (before she had any lore, to be fair) see no problem with this.

…Flippant statements aside, I mean, I do get it; it feels weird sometimes to me because I worry other people will judge her even though how would I even know if they had, and I don't like to breed dragons in established lore relationships/non-relationships except in very specific circumstances for that reason. But for what it's worth, while my offspring lists are all non-canonical due to timeline issues as well as just… not wanting to deal with that issues, in my head she did experiment with dating, didn't like it at all, and is never doing it again thank you.
My aroace dragon and her two dragon offspring list that I bred myself (before she had any lore, to be fair) see no problem with this.

…Flippant statements aside, I mean, I do get it; it feels weird sometimes to me because I worry other people will judge her even though how would I even know if they had, and I don't like to breed dragons in established lore relationships/non-relationships except in very specific circumstances for that reason. But for what it's worth, while my offspring lists are all non-canonical due to timeline issues as well as just… not wanting to deal with that issues, in my head she did experiment with dating, didn't like it at all, and is never doing it again thank you.
I think the moral of the story here is that every ace is different, but if OP wants a dragon that's ace and doesn't want/have kids, that's perfectly reasonable. They don't have to ignore something they don't personally want for their dragon. Everyone has different wants, needs, and goals for their dragons and themselves. Many others seek out G1's and unbred dragons solely or in part because they have empty offspring lists, and there's not much different here. Just because they want one that is one way doesn't mean they're saying aces are ONLY that one way, or that they need to work around it. I hope OP can find a dragon that fits their lore and dragon goals well in the future!
I think the moral of the story here is that every ace is different, but if OP wants a dragon that's ace and doesn't want/have kids, that's perfectly reasonable. They don't have to ignore something they don't personally want for their dragon. Everyone has different wants, needs, and goals for their dragons and themselves. Many others seek out G1's and unbred dragons solely or in part because they have empty offspring lists, and there's not much different here. Just because they want one that is one way doesn't mean they're saying aces are ONLY that one way, or that they need to work around it. I hope OP can find a dragon that fits their lore and dragon goals well in the future!
Call me Ori!
+3 FR Time

ePOliyb.png
KwxLkEj.png
7vhtsnW.png
nnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
???? I don't know what I was expecting. Aces just aren't attracted to other people. That's it. It's a spectrum. if you're that concerned about an offspring list, get another dragon. I breed lots of dragons that don't have canonical children because that's free treasure if I yeet them to the Tidelord, regardless of how they identify.

???? I don't know what I was expecting. Aces just aren't attracted to other people. That's it. It's a spectrum. if you're that concerned about an offspring list, get another dragon. I breed lots of dragons that don't have canonical children because that's free treasure if I yeet them to the Tidelord, regardless of how they identify.

Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
That’s unfortunate, maybe if it’s hard to ignore swap the lore with an unbred derg?

Don’t know why people are assuming OP is saying there’s only one kind of ace from this post when all they said was one of their ace dragons has offspring when they don’t want it to.
That’s unfortunate, maybe if it’s hard to ignore swap the lore with an unbred derg?

Don’t know why people are assuming OP is saying there’s only one kind of ace from this post when all they said was one of their ace dragons has offspring when they don’t want it to.

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
[quote name="Oggdo" date="2022-03-21 11:48:30" ] That’s unfortunate, maybe if it’s hard to ignore swap the lore with an unbred derg? Don’t know why people are assuming OP is saying there’s only one kind of ace from this post when all they said was one of their ace dragons has offspring when they don’t want it to. [/quote] I took all the posts mentioning they can have kids and stuff (and mentioned in my earlier post) with the intention of just saying there isn't just the stereotypical Ace. A lot of people I've seen post online about Aces seem to forget they can so I took the responses as simply stating there's other types of Aces and maybe it could solve OP's issue with the offspring list. Obviously if they want an Ace dragon without kids that's perfectly fine! I just think people, including me, jumped in with alternate options/info to let OP know a dragon can be Ace with hatchlings (if they don't want to just ignore the offspring list) I personally fit into the stereotypical Ace but I think the responses are fine bc not everyone reading (OP included) may know about the full Ace spectrum so sharing that info could be helpful to others. And tbh I didn't take OP's post to mean they had a dragon like that specifically because they had an edit instead of the dragon itself and the none is crossed out. Tbh I felt like OP was making a joke... and then decided to just put some info on Aces down like others did.
Oggdo wrote on 2022-03-21 11:48:30:

I took all the posts mentioning they can have kids and stuff (and mentioned in my earlier post) with the intention of just saying there isn't just the stereotypical Ace. A lot of people I've seen post online about Aces seem to forget they can so I took the responses as simply stating there's other types of Aces and maybe it could solve OP's issue with the offspring list.

Obviously if they want an Ace dragon without kids that's perfectly fine!

I just think people, including me, jumped in with alternate options/info to let OP know a dragon can be Ace with hatchlings (if they don't want to just ignore the offspring list)
I personally fit into the stereotypical Ace but I think the responses are fine bc not everyone reading (OP included) may know about the full Ace spectrum so sharing that info could be helpful to others.

And tbh I didn't take OP's post to mean they had a dragon like that specifically because they had an edit instead of the dragon itself and the none is crossed out. Tbh I felt like OP was making a joke... and then decided to just put some info on Aces down like others did.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[quote name="DeathSpecter" date="2022-03-21 12:09:38" ] [quote name="Oggdo" date="2022-03-21 11:48:30" ] That’s unfortunate, maybe if it’s hard to ignore swap the lore with an unbred derg? Don’t know why people are assuming OP is saying there’s only one kind of ace from this post when all they said was one of their ace dragons has offspring when they don’t want it to. [/quote] I took all the posts mentioning they can have kids and stuff (and mentioned in my earlier post) with the intention of just saying there isn't just the stereotypical Ace. A lot of people I've seen post online about Aces seem to forget they can so I took the responses as simply stating there's other types of Aces and maybe it could solve OP's issue with the offspring list. Obviously if they want an Ace dragon without kids that's perfectly fine! I just think people, including me, jumped in with alternate options/info to let OP know a dragon can be Ace with hatchlings (if they don't want to just ignore the offspring list) I personally fit into the stereotypical Ace but I think the responses are fine bc not everyone reading (OP included) may know about the full Ace spectrum so sharing that info could be helpful to others. And tbh I didn't take OP's post to mean they had a dragon like that specifically because they had an edit instead of the dragon itself and the none is crossed out. Tbh I felt like OP was making a joke... and then decided to just put some info on Aces down like others did. [/quote] ^^^^ 1000% just wanted to share some helpful info, there's a lot of accidental misinformation about how ace people "should" act and i wanted to offer up a different perspective. wasn't insinuating anything about op's intentions.
DeathSpecter wrote on 2022-03-21 12:09:38:
Oggdo wrote on 2022-03-21 11:48:30:

I took all the posts mentioning they can have kids and stuff (and mentioned in my earlier post) with the intention of just saying there isn't just the stereotypical Ace. A lot of people I've seen post online about Aces seem to forget they can so I took the responses as simply stating there's other types of Aces and maybe it could solve OP's issue with the offspring list.

Obviously if they want an Ace dragon without kids that's perfectly fine!

I just think people, including me, jumped in with alternate options/info to let OP know a dragon can be Ace with hatchlings (if they don't want to just ignore the offspring list)
I personally fit into the stereotypical Ace but I think the responses are fine bc not everyone reading (OP included) may know about the full Ace spectrum so sharing that info could be helpful to others.

And tbh I didn't take OP's post to mean they had a dragon like that specifically because they had an edit instead of the dragon itself and the none is crossed out. Tbh I felt like OP was making a joke... and then decided to just put some info on Aces down like others did.

^^^^ 1000%

just wanted to share some helpful info, there's a lot of accidental misinformation about how ace people "should" act and i wanted to offer up a different perspective. wasn't insinuating anything about op's intentions.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
One of the main reasons why I don't breed any of my dragons. Also why I don't buy bred dragons, because you literally never know when I'll insert the 247,835th asexual dragon into my lore HAHAHAHAHA
One of the main reasons why I don't breed any of my dragons. Also why I don't buy bred dragons, because you literally never know when I'll insert the 247,835th asexual dragon into my lore HAHAHAHAHA
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="TenderVulture" date="2022-03-21 08:50:49" ] Also, IIRC, dragon reproduction is magic-based, so a dragon could have many offspring and still never have had [REDACTED]. [/quote] I've seen this a few times recently, but I've been struggling to find the source? Not trying to like, question anyone just genuinely curious, I like reading lore :3
TenderVulture wrote on 2022-03-21 08:50:49:
Also, IIRC, dragon reproduction is magic-based, so a dragon could have many offspring and still never have had [REDACTED].

I've seen this a few times recently, but I've been struggling to find the source? Not trying to like, question anyone just genuinely curious, I like reading lore :3
a5jtoDO.png1VK5MZj.png
[quote name="Natron" date="2022-03-21 14:08:22" ] One of the main reasons why I don't breed any of my dragons. Also why I don't buy bred dragons, because you literally never know when I'll insert the 247,835th asexual dragon into my lore HAHAHAHAHA [/quote] Y e p, so few of my dragons are breedable because of lore and it’s becoming a problem.
Natron wrote on 2022-03-21 14:08:22:
Y e p, so few of my dragons are breedable because of lore and it’s becoming a problem.
They/Them
I’m here and I’m queer
Ask to see my parrot, he is good.
[quote name="retrodetective" date="2022-03-21 11:13:22" ] ???? I don't know what I was expecting. Aces just aren't attracted to other people. That's it. It's a spectrum. if you're that concerned about an offspring list, get another dragon. I breed lots of dragons that don't have canonical children because that's free treasure if I yeet them to the Tidelord, regardless of how they identify. [/quote] Aces [i]are[/i] attracted to other people?!?!!??!!!! Just?? Romantically?? We absolutely feel attraction just. Not sexually.
retrodetective wrote on 2022-03-21 11:13:22:
Aces are attracted to other people?!?!!??!!!! Just?? Romantically?? We absolutely feel attraction just. Not sexually.
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
1 2