Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Revert Obelisk Flair, No moreConsistancy
Full support for this, especially since I never heard anything about them being bugged in the first place. If they're going to fix these, they at least need to tell people ahead of time that the beautiful new colors are actually bugged- it's not as obvious of a "mistake" as the star/con and giraffe/hex problems with obelisks, so it [i]needs[/i] to be disclosed. I figured, like many other people, that it was intentional. Because I'm not going to assume that the gorgeous new accent colors that have intentional looking fades and accents are a mistake. Nothing about this looked like a bug from my perspective, so it's frustrating that it's being treated like a long-standing bug that everyone knew about in the way they announced and rolled out the fix. I almost purchased multiple obelisks with flaunt and flair because I loved how they looked, and now because of the update I definitely won't, and my beautiful permababy is no longer starry. I might end up changing her to a skydancer earlier than I thought I would because she looks so much less like a night sky now. The blue is just too prominent and definitely not an improvement to this scry in particular. I don't have a before picture, but her mane was almost entirely that dark blue, which was why I kept her as an obelisk. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72572190][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/725722/72572190_350.png[/img][/url]
Full support for this, especially since I never heard anything about them being bugged in the first place. If they're going to fix these, they at least need to tell people ahead of time that the beautiful new colors are actually bugged- it's not as obvious of a "mistake" as the star/con and giraffe/hex problems with obelisks, so it needs to be disclosed. I figured, like many other people, that it was intentional. Because I'm not going to assume that the gorgeous new accent colors that have intentional looking fades and accents are a mistake. Nothing about this looked like a bug from my perspective, so it's frustrating that it's being treated like a long-standing bug that everyone knew about in the way they announced and rolled out the fix.

I almost purchased multiple obelisks with flaunt and flair because I loved how they looked, and now because of the update I definitely won't, and my beautiful permababy is no longer starry. I might end up changing her to a skydancer earlier than I thought I would because she looks so much less like a night sky now. The blue is just too prominent and definitely not an improvement to this scry in particular.

I don't have a before picture, but her mane was almost entirely that dark blue, which was why I kept her as an obelisk.
72572190_350.png
image-11.pngPX2x8Tb.pngKf07YpS.png1V130eO.pngOBuVDiS.png
I've replied multiple times to topics in FRD, but I should post here as well. This change has completely changed two of my dragons, and it actually just so happens that I can (mostly) fix one by applying a gem gene :))) Happy coincidence I guess.

This change makes no sense. Staff, if you want us to accept that gene errors happen, ok. I got you fam, stuff happens.

But please, stop lazer focusing on your original vision. No one, literally no one was complaining about this. No one knew it was an error. YOU advertised this error as if it was supposed to be like this! What benefit does the community get from you making unwanted changes to genes that have been like this for months? How was this gene on Obelisks negatively affecting players?

The truth is that it wasn't. I wish we would get an explanation on why players liking something is seen as not as important than what you personally thought something should look like. Your attitude about these changes tell me that you don't care that players are unhappy beyond a sorry, nothing we can do about it.

Please revert the changes to this gene. I'm someone who very consistently buys large amounts of gems from the site, and I can't in good faith continue to do so when things like this happen again and again and again.
I've replied multiple times to topics in FRD, but I should post here as well. This change has completely changed two of my dragons, and it actually just so happens that I can (mostly) fix one by applying a gem gene :))) Happy coincidence I guess.

This change makes no sense. Staff, if you want us to accept that gene errors happen, ok. I got you fam, stuff happens.

But please, stop lazer focusing on your original vision. No one, literally no one was complaining about this. No one knew it was an error. YOU advertised this error as if it was supposed to be like this! What benefit does the community get from you making unwanted changes to genes that have been like this for months? How was this gene on Obelisks negatively affecting players?

The truth is that it wasn't. I wish we would get an explanation on why players liking something is seen as not as important than what you personally thought something should look like. Your attitude about these changes tell me that you don't care that players are unhappy beyond a sorry, nothing we can do about it.

Please revert the changes to this gene. I'm someone who very consistently buys large amounts of gems from the site, and I can't in good faith continue to do so when things like this happen again and again and again.
42978694_MHOUAk0oybKLsTZ.png
Full support. Manes matched the wings so well and now they just feel off and completely different~ My pretty Nebula was destroyed [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71947179][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/719472/71947179_350.png[/img][/url] Her mane used to be such a nice colour, matching with her wings, now it just looks way off. There's no white or cream on the wings yet it's fully shown in the mane? Please bring back our pretty obes.
Full support. Manes matched the wings so well and now they just feel off and completely different~

My pretty Nebula was destroyed
71947179_350.png

Her mane used to be such a nice colour, matching with her wings, now it just looks way off. There's no white or cream on the wings yet it's fully shown in the mane? Please bring back our pretty obes.
nnHgvR9.gif
xMagpie
xx» She/her
xx» NZST
xx» Art Shop
xx» Avatar

reposting here from an FRD thread:

I'm kind've confused because I don't think flair was ever something people posted about in the bug thread (I used to pop in every now and again so I had an idea of what genes to not use for projects) - yet it was decided to change this instead of, like. Buttercup stitched on snapper hatchlings, lead koi on tundra hatchlings, mist seraph on ridgeback males, ultramarine seraph on all breeds?

Plus, if this was intended for uniformity, why do Obelisks still have sparkles on their manes? Tundras, PCs, SDs, and Imps don't have sparkles like Obelisks do :(

Personally I'm indifferent in they change it or not - I just wish we were notified that flair was bugged in the first place, so we'd know to gene at our own risks, like iri/shim post color update
reposting here from an FRD thread:

I'm kind've confused because I don't think flair was ever something people posted about in the bug thread (I used to pop in every now and again so I had an idea of what genes to not use for projects) - yet it was decided to change this instead of, like. Buttercup stitched on snapper hatchlings, lead koi on tundra hatchlings, mist seraph on ridgeback males, ultramarine seraph on all breeds?

Plus, if this was intended for uniformity, why do Obelisks still have sparkles on their manes? Tundras, PCs, SDs, and Imps don't have sparkles like Obelisks do :(

Personally I'm indifferent in they change it or not - I just wish we were notified that flair was bugged in the first place, so we'd know to gene at our own risks, like iri/shim post color update
top_artshop_sm_by_general_ebonrose-dcn6101.png
mid_wishlist_sm_by_general_ebonrose-dcn6105.png
bot_gen1_sm_by_general_ebonrose-dcn610c.png
he/him || ping for a reply
Double Grapefruit collector :>
Big support. What's even going on here? The more obes I see, the weirder it gets.

Also goes without saying (hah) that communication needs to be so much better. I don't even know what the problem there is...the only time I can remember a community poll going "sour" is the ancient "what do you want as fest apparel" thing where crowns won out...and the sourness was because the crowns were all top-heavy color swaps, so some sketchy concept art would've cleared that up. Can't think of a single other thing to have "spooked" staff away from open communication.
Big support. What's even going on here? The more obes I see, the weirder it gets.

Also goes without saying (hah) that communication needs to be so much better. I don't even know what the problem there is...the only time I can remember a community poll going "sour" is the ancient "what do you want as fest apparel" thing where crowns won out...and the sourness was because the crowns were all top-heavy color swaps, so some sketchy concept art would've cleared that up. Can't think of a single other thing to have "spooked" staff away from open communication.
cL9yafY.gif
Support.

There was no reason for this change. Plenty of breeds have uniqueness to their genes. This wasn't a "bug fix", it makes it seem more like you changed your mind on how it should look. If this was clearly meant to be a bug, why, WHY did you use an OBELISK as the poster child for the gene TWICE?

Revert it.
Support.

There was no reason for this change. Plenty of breeds have uniqueness to their genes. This wasn't a "bug fix", it makes it seem more like you changed your mind on how it should look. If this was clearly meant to be a bug, why, WHY did you use an OBELISK as the poster child for the gene TWICE?

Revert it.

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
Please revert the change!! My beautiful girl I was given a few days ago has been ruined, I had to purchase a Constellation gene to preserve her beauty. Before [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/818163301535842336/924425845467127878/74600319_350.png[/img] After [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/818163301535842336/925438016196067328/1640711442859.jpg[/img] (Apologies for quality, I'm on mobile) Plus, there's consistency errors between the male and female poses for some colours, such as spearmint!
Please revert the change!! My beautiful girl I was given a few days ago has been ruined, I had to purchase a Constellation gene to preserve her beauty.
Before
74600319_350.png
After
1640711442859.jpg
(Apologies for quality, I'm on mobile)

Plus, there's consistency errors between the male and female poses for some colours, such as spearmint!
I strongly support reverting this particular change. I like many others was really caught off guard by this, and it's affected a dragon I spent quite a few gems on, too. I actually ended up posting in the bug report forums because I thought the [i]new[/i] mane was a bug lol. And when you look at my obe, it makes sense. Dust flair before the fix had such depth and a gorgeous gradient- now it's just a flat gray. The second one is the old, and the first one is the 'fixed'. Definitely want the old one back! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/546056648893005824/925455323165245470/IMG_0608.png[/img]
I strongly support reverting this particular change. I like many others was really caught off guard by this, and it's affected a dragon I spent quite a few gems on, too. I actually ended up posting in the bug report forums because I thought the new mane was a bug lol. And when you look at my obe, it makes sense. Dust flair before the fix had such depth and a gorgeous gradient- now it's just a flat gray. The second one is the old, and the first one is the 'fixed'. Definitely want the old one back!
IMG_0608.png
JflGBHo.png
SO MUCH SUPPORT!!!!

We got flair/flaunt like it was advertised before and nowhere were we informed of this supposed "bug" and no one was complaining about it
Nothing more fair than to accept the mishap and give back what we were given before
It's not our fault the team failed to inform us that this was a bug and it's not fair for us to get the gross- I mean, ""corrected"" version after we fell in love and invested in the original gene we were given
I hope the team hears out our complaints and implement the changes needed or I will be getting rid of some dragons
SO MUCH SUPPORT!!!!

We got flair/flaunt like it was advertised before and nowhere were we informed of this supposed "bug" and no one was complaining about it
Nothing more fair than to accept the mishap and give back what we were given before
It's not our fault the team failed to inform us that this was a bug and it's not fair for us to get the gross- I mean, ""corrected"" version after we fell in love and invested in the original gene we were given
I hope the team hears out our complaints and implement the changes needed or I will be getting rid of some dragons
.................................... nefzg1V.png
06xk8gV.png
W4MCmn2.png
tqGkHih.png
6ZdcGpT.png
YMPbu9R.png
........Art Shop........
........Commissions........
........Deviantart........
........Tired 24/7........
Untitled1100_20230113011602.png........
Support please my favorite dragon got destroyed with this update. Before: [img]https://pasteboard.co/gahwPK1dkOw3.png[/img] After [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66238786][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/662388/66238786_350.png[/img][/url] This honestly just made me not wanna buy gems again.
Support please my favorite dragon got destroyed with this update.
Before:
gahwPK1dkOw3.png
After
66238786_350.png

This honestly just made me not wanna buy gems again.
CEmLHw4.gif