Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Anatomically correct Tundra dragons.
1 2 3
[quote name="Direclaw" date="2021-09-19 14:47:09" ] ...Bear in mind, dogs are primarily carnivores with some omnivorous tendencies. Tundras are strict herbivores, and therefore should have much more gut room for digesting plant material. [/quote] They're fantasy critters, they could be the size of a thimble yet eat watermelons four times their size every two hours and it'd still be sensible hahahaha [sub]eta: something something 'breeding' too, but I don't want to be hung by the thumbs[/sub]
Direclaw wrote on 2021-09-19 14:47:09:
...Bear in mind, dogs are primarily carnivores with some omnivorous tendencies. Tundras are strict herbivores, and therefore should have much more gut room for digesting plant material.
They're fantasy critters, they could be the size of a thimble yet eat watermelons four times their size every two hours and it'd still be sensible hahahaha

eta: something something 'breeding' too, but I don't want to be hung by the thumbs
- Coli Addiction Quest/Challenge Thread
@PnakoticVows

Your comment got a laugh out of me! And it's true enough.
@PnakoticVows

Your comment got a laugh out of me! And it's true enough.
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
Frankly, I thought this was going to be an extension of that other thread "debating" whether tundras were mammals or reptiles and we were going to get art of tundras with udders. [emoji=tundra tongue] [s]or worse[/s]
Frankly, I thought this was going to be an extension of that other thread "debating" whether tundras were mammals or reptiles and we were going to get art of tundras with udders.

or worse
9D8YYS1.png6I5ajst.png
@Deladria
Hahaha I'm glad it did! This thread just has me imagining a Spiral like a cartoon snake with a big balloon-shaped lump from eating. Even the humble dragon-snek eats.
@Deladria
Hahaha I'm glad it did! This thread just has me imagining a Spiral like a cartoon snake with a big balloon-shaped lump from eating. Even the humble dragon-snek eats.
- Coli Addiction Quest/Challenge Thread
Dragons are magical creatures, their internal organs might be completely different!
Dragons are magical creatures, their internal organs might be completely different!
1562ca122aceba74f63dd23c98a100c9ca09d249.gif
[quote name="Robotzebra" date="2021-09-19 14:15:01" ] They are a bit thin yeah. but I still think there is room. They just happen to be built like a greyhound. :) [img]https://myanimals.com/sv/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/greyhound-som-star-i-graset.jpg[/img] [/quote] on one hand I'm fully aware this is a thing, but on the other idc, I still hate the skinny tundra stomachs :( your edit made me realise it's not just the stomach though, even though you fixed the waist the pose looks a little off - I think the back legs are also shaped or positioned weirdly :P
Robotzebra wrote on 2021-09-19 14:15:01:
They are a bit thin yeah. but I still think there is room. They just happen to be built like a greyhound. :)

greyhound-som-star-i-graset.jpg

on one hand I'm fully aware this is a thing, but on the other idc, I still hate the skinny tundra stomachs :(

your edit made me realise it's not just the stomach though, even though you fixed the waist the pose looks a little off - I think the back legs are also shaped or positioned weirdly :P
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
The organs are stored in the fluff. This is why it's illegal to shave the Tundra.
The organs are stored in the fluff. This is why it's illegal to shave the Tundra.
The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
[quote name="Direclaw" date="2021-09-19 14:47:09" ] ...Bear in mind, dogs are primarily carnivores with some omnivorous tendencies. Tundras are strict herbivores, and therefore should have much more gut room for digesting plant material. [/quote] Not really. Only ruminants have multiple stomachs, and there are plenty of herbivores that are not ruminants. Take iguanas, for instance, which are herbivorous; they utilize a facultative microbial fermentation system to digest plant fibre.
Direclaw wrote on 2021-09-19 14:47:09:
...Bear in mind, dogs are primarily carnivores with some omnivorous tendencies. Tundras are strict herbivores, and therefore should have much more gut room for digesting plant material.

Not really. Only ruminants have multiple stomachs, and there are plenty of herbivores that are not ruminants. Take iguanas, for instance, which are herbivorous; they utilize a facultative microbial fermentation system to digest plant fibre.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
I only got a little freaked out when I realised how thin the MALE tundra art showed its stomach. I honestly thought they were chubby but nope they thin. I did avoid the underbelly-gene tundras until I got over myself.
I only got a little freaked out when I realised how thin the MALE tundra art showed its stomach. I honestly thought they were chubby but nope they thin. I did avoid the underbelly-gene tundras until I got over myself.
i'm trying my best
ePOliyb.pngFObX7rS.pngBb9XFYa.png
thank you for your patience
[quote name="ShiraCheshire" date="2021-09-20 01:39:49" ] The organs are stored in the fluff. This is why it's illegal to shave the Tundra. [/quote] Thanks I hate it
ShiraCheshire wrote on 2021-09-20 01:39:49:
Thanks I hate it
wofr_by_epicdragon99-da5ra91.png
1 2 3