Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | free art websites/programs? | ty!
1 2
Vouching for krita, I don't use it anymore due to issues with my tablet but it's got nice brushes and I like how it's organized.

Also theres photopea, an in-browser art program. It's essentially just photoshop. The UI doesn't look too complicated either.

You could also use the good old reliable MSPaint. I know theres plenty of absolutely insane artists that only use that and a mouse.
Vouching for krita, I don't use it anymore due to issues with my tablet but it's got nice brushes and I like how it's organized.

Also theres photopea, an in-browser art program. It's essentially just photoshop. The UI doesn't look too complicated either.

You could also use the good old reliable MSPaint. I know theres plenty of absolutely insane artists that only use that and a mouse.
A rotating signature of Elden Ring talisman items._
♦ He/Him | FR+2
Hatchery
Art Shop
Achievement Tips
___________________signature%2090.png
@PrincessAmidala: Of course, no problem! I'd be glad to help with any questions you might have :)

Windows 10 should work fine with all the programs mentioned. It will also have paint pre-installed, check it out if only to get a sense of what you like or don't like in an art program :)
@PrincessAmidala: Of course, no problem! I'd be glad to help with any questions you might have :)

Windows 10 should work fine with all the programs mentioned. It will also have paint pre-installed, check it out if only to get a sense of what you like or don't like in an art program :)
ZNhRsiG.png
I use fire alpaca, it’s just handy for me to use and I got the hang of how to use the majority of the stuff in it kinda quickly
I use fire alpaca, it’s just handy for me to use and I got the hang of how to use the majority of the stuff in it kinda quickly
Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts
With barest wrists, and stoutest boasts
He thrusts his fists against the posts
And still insists he sees the ghosts
@princessamidala have win10, pretty much all the programs brought up work perfectly fine.

don't think i've seen anyone bring up autodesk sketchbook. it's more intuitive, especially if you're used to tablet interfaces, but it's a different experience from photoshop/gimp/medifirealpaca. (the keyboard controls are garbage booo)

if you have a touchscreen device like a phone or tablet and dont mind drawing with your finger on a this-sized screen (or buying a compatible stylus is an option) sketchbook is available for both iOS and android platforms.
@princessamidala have win10, pretty much all the programs brought up work perfectly fine.

don't think i've seen anyone bring up autodesk sketchbook. it's more intuitive, especially if you're used to tablet interfaces, but it's a different experience from photoshop/gimp/medifirealpaca. (the keyboard controls are garbage booo)

if you have a touchscreen device like a phone or tablet and dont mind drawing with your finger on a this-sized screen (or buying a compatible stylus is an option) sketchbook is available for both iOS and android platforms.
got extra adopts you want to get rid of?
MediBang and FireAlpaca are both lightweight and pretty decent. As much as I appreiciate FOSS and wish to advocate for it here, Krita did not run too well on my computer. Autodesk SketchBook is my recommendation for cross-platform, although MediBang is pretty good for that too. GIMP sucks for digital drawing and painting, but works as a photo editor. I caved and bought Clip Studio Paint, and I recommend it to those who can afford it.
A lot of artists pirate Paint Tool SAI, but please don't. The developers are not part of a large corporation, and they rely on our sales for further development.
MediBang and FireAlpaca are both lightweight and pretty decent. As much as I appreiciate FOSS and wish to advocate for it here, Krita did not run too well on my computer. Autodesk SketchBook is my recommendation for cross-platform, although MediBang is pretty good for that too. GIMP sucks for digital drawing and painting, but works as a photo editor. I caved and bought Clip Studio Paint, and I recommend it to those who can afford it.
A lot of artists pirate Paint Tool SAI, but please don't. The developers are not part of a large corporation, and they rely on our sales for further development.
dT9HQge.png zSxEqNq.png eIK5iG7.png WKtl2lb.png
GIJjY9o.png wqvfdXO.png fqRBC9C.png Z2soOA2.png
q9EEy5M.png EHXIkb0.png 2eDtvZS.png YMPbu9R.png
Seems like not many read your post fully, because some programs mentioned have a lot of functions and quite a complicated-looking User Interface. They are free, yet powerful programs. I would suggest Paint to start with, the simplest of all and good for pixel artwork especially with a mouse (my friend is a master at that), but it doesn't have layers.

Honestly Paint Tool Sai would be perfect for you, but it isn't free.

MediBang and FireAlpaca are definitely the next step up in terms of what you are searching for.

Regarding some other programs: You def would need a Tablet for Autodesk Sketchbook. Kritra is way more complicated Interface wise. Photoshop needs a good pc. Don't use GIMP for art.

Personally I use Clip Studio Paint, but it costs money.

Best is to just try out and see what you like best.
Seems like not many read your post fully, because some programs mentioned have a lot of functions and quite a complicated-looking User Interface. They are free, yet powerful programs. I would suggest Paint to start with, the simplest of all and good for pixel artwork especially with a mouse (my friend is a master at that), but it doesn't have layers.

Honestly Paint Tool Sai would be perfect for you, but it isn't free.

MediBang and FireAlpaca are definitely the next step up in terms of what you are searching for.

Regarding some other programs: You def would need a Tablet for Autodesk Sketchbook. Kritra is way more complicated Interface wise. Photoshop needs a good pc. Don't use GIMP for art.

Personally I use Clip Studio Paint, but it costs money.

Best is to just try out and see what you like best.
I’ll have to say Metibang and Firealpaca is the way to go!!! They’re both similar but I’ve recently moved to Metibang as it gave me more options with the tools :3 it’s free but you can buy upgraded versions, but the free version (one I use) still has a LOT of options to choose from :D
I’ll have to say Metibang and Firealpaca is the way to go!!! They’re both similar but I’ve recently moved to Metibang as it gave me more options with the tools :3 it’s free but you can buy upgraded versions, but the free version (one I use) still has a LOT of options to choose from :D
754FFF91-4E22-46B4-BC8F-0DF6C76E370E.png
BLENDER!!!!
It's good for making low poly characters and 3D art. I also recommend Piskel and Pixilart for pixel art.
BLENDER!!!!
It's good for making low poly characters and 3D art. I also recommend Piskel and Pixilart for pixel art.
GRAY ACE ~ SHE/HER ~ Somehow still functioning. Enjoys apple juice. Still broke.
69ca5f54-b926-11eb-8c8a-cdcf9d161390.gif
@TheSockCrusader

ok so i tried out pixilart just so i can try to make some random easy pixel, yes all the tools weren't complex, but just in general my grandma hands weren't doing it but i finally finished, let me try and attach the photo to this post as best as i can.

thanks so much for recommending!

P.S: i'm dumb and don't remember the website i used to get the link thingie that showed the picture, as you can see i'm a bit rusty in fr since i was online everyday back then--
@TheSockCrusader

ok so i tried out pixilart just so i can try to make some random easy pixel, yes all the tools weren't complex, but just in general my grandma hands weren't doing it but i finally finished, let me try and attach the photo to this post as best as i can.

thanks so much for recommending!

P.S: i'm dumb and don't remember the website i used to get the link thingie that showed the picture, as you can see i'm a bit rusty in fr since i was online everyday back then--
Krita is the best option. There is an option for animating, but it wasn't really designed for that.

Blender has animation, but the UI is a hella lot more confusing with Blender (which has both 3D and 2D options)
Krita is the best option. There is an option for animating, but it wasn't really designed for that.

Blender has animation, but the UI is a hella lot more confusing with Blender (which has both 3D and 2D options)
1 2