Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Very slow loading on coli + www1 pages
[quote name="Puffin25" date="2020-12-20 08:35:14" ] I knew Notn was going to make everything worse. I was right. The lag was gone for the last couple days and is back with vengence once Notn started. I noticed that once I had loaded an enemy, subsequent hordes of that enemy wouldn't lag. So I took advantage of that and loaded in all Bamboo falls enemies before notn started and it works, despite the lag I can still decently farm in bamboo falls. Maybe this will help someone if you can find a time where the lag lessens. Other venues? Absolutely not. They completely refuse to load. Taking 2-3 mins before deciding to give me a timeout. I've had 4000+ ping a lot in coli today. (I also caught a glimpse of an absurd 60000 ping when trying to load another venue, it was only there for a second). All www1 pages are extremely slow, worse than ever before. I'm guessing that it could be a combination of the recent migration and the playercount? I could be completely wrong, I don't know how this works at all. [/quote] This exactly, although it worked in the Mire for me.
Puffin25 wrote on 2020-12-20 08:35:14:
I knew Notn was going to make everything worse. I was right.
The lag was gone for the last couple days and is back with vengence once Notn started.
I noticed that once I had loaded an enemy, subsequent hordes of that enemy wouldn't lag. So I took advantage of that and loaded in all Bamboo falls enemies before notn started and it works, despite the lag I can still decently farm in bamboo falls. Maybe this will help someone if you can find a time where the lag lessens.

Other venues? Absolutely not. They completely refuse to load. Taking 2-3 mins before deciding to give me a timeout. I've had 4000+ ping a lot in coli today. (I also caught a glimpse of an absurd 60000 ping when trying to load another venue, it was only there for a second). All www1 pages are extremely slow, worse than ever before.

I'm guessing that it could be a combination of the recent migration and the playercount? I could be completely wrong, I don't know how this works at all.
This exactly, although it worked in the Mire for me.
Forgot to add, tried servers of 3 different time zones with VPN, doesn't help either. (May be because the VPN I used is free, though.)
Forgot to add, tried servers of 3 different time zones with VPN, doesn't help either. (May be because the VPN I used is free, though.)
I use a pretty good VPN for everything and no it doesn't help either. No matter which server location I choose. I cleared my temp folder, cleared the cookies and firefox is on the newest version. Nothing seems to help so far.

It's been bad for weeks now and I hoped they would resolve the issue before NotN, but no such luck.

Biggest issue besides the glacial loading speed between pages are the random freezes in the coliseum that make it frustrating to try farming for chests.
I use a pretty good VPN for everything and no it doesn't help either. No matter which server location I choose. I cleared my temp folder, cleared the cookies and firefox is on the newest version. Nothing seems to help so far.

It's been bad for weeks now and I hoped they would resolve the issue before NotN, but no such luck.

Biggest issue besides the glacial loading speed between pages are the random freezes in the coliseum that make it frustrating to try farming for chests.
Getting even worse now, just lost connection in the Coli while waiting for one of my dragons finally make their hit since its lagging during the fights as well o.O

"Connection to Flight Rising server lost. The server may be down, or unresponsive. Please check that your internet connection, noScript and antivirus software are properly configured, and not set to block flightrising.com."

Captcha every few moments doesn't make it better, why has it be so many? Takes forever to load the pictures. Other sited use captcha too (like Dappervolk), but don't overstress with it.

I guess with the rising user amount I can stop playing NotN in the evenings here, its just a waste of time.
Getting even worse now, just lost connection in the Coli while waiting for one of my dragons finally make their hit since its lagging during the fights as well o.O

"Connection to Flight Rising server lost. The server may be down, or unresponsive. Please check that your internet connection, noScript and antivirus software are properly configured, and not set to block flightrising.com."

Captcha every few moments doesn't make it better, why has it be so many? Takes forever to load the pictures. Other sited use captcha too (like Dappervolk), but don't overstress with it.

I guess with the rising user amount I can stop playing NotN in the evenings here, its just a waste of time.
1SZnOCK.png9ZEx0Ta.pngHTV627h.gif
Having similar issues with the page (+9hrs FR time), everything is loading slowly and now with the NotN the the coliseum is unplayable. Fights barely load after 1-2 minutes of waiting. The hoard and lair pictures also take forever to show up.
Having similar issues with the page (+9hrs FR time), everything is loading slowly and now with the NotN the the coliseum is unplayable. Fights barely load after 1-2 minutes of waiting. The hoard and lair pictures also take forever to show up.
Earlier this day the lag was okay, but since the event officially started, it got laggy as hell again. Coli timeouting a few times, before I went back to use my vpn with British ID that still works good for me.

It's soooo weird that most of the people are in the same timezone but only have problems with FR. Why do most people from other parts of the world don't have those lags and why are we only having them on this one website
Earlier this day the lag was okay, but since the event officially started, it got laggy as hell again. Coli timeouting a few times, before I went back to use my vpn with British ID that still works good for me.

It's soooo weird that most of the people are in the same timezone but only have problems with FR. Why do most people from other parts of the world don't have those lags and why are we only having them on this one website
bkS13OY.pngqmcnuqs.pngvSOmW04.pngPGUlc7F.png
Same here, everything is loading super slow, it's the worst with the coli, but anything with lots of images or the dragon pages are really slow too ): (which makes familiar bonding very exhausting)
I also noticed that it's sooomewhat okay-ish with the familiar bonding when less then 3000 people are online, but as soon as it's 3000+ it's a pain to do :I
I've been having those issues for quite some time now, unfortunately I don't know when exactly they started, but I definetly had them for this entire month so far ;__;
FR is also the only website I'm having those problems with, every other website loads just fine
I'm FR +9 (Germany)
Same here, everything is loading super slow, it's the worst with the coli, but anything with lots of images or the dragon pages are really slow too ): (which makes familiar bonding very exhausting)
I also noticed that it's sooomewhat okay-ish with the familiar bonding when less then 3000 people are online, but as soon as it's 3000+ it's a pain to do :I
I've been having those issues for quite some time now, unfortunately I don't know when exactly they started, but I definetly had them for this entire month so far ;__;
FR is also the only website I'm having those problems with, every other website loads just fine
I'm FR +9 (Germany)
[quote name="MadBreeder" date="2020-12-20 12:11:29" ] Earlier this day the lag was okay, but since the event officially started, it got laggy as hell again. Coli timeouting a few times, before I went back to use my vpn with British ID that still works good for me. [/quote] After not being able to do anything in the coli for almost two hours I went back on VPN with UK server and while I wouldn't call it anywhere near 'okay' it's kinda workable. (Still testing my patience though, lol.)
MadBreeder wrote on 2020-12-20 12:11:29:

After not being able to do anything in the coli for almost two hours I went back on VPN with UK server and while I wouldn't call it anywhere near 'okay' it's kinda workable. (Still testing my patience though, lol.)
I'm glad I'm not the only one, but yeah this is tough :/
I'm glad I'm not the only one, but yeah this is tough :/
XwAOBEQ.png
I've been experiencing the same problem of a massive lag during the last few days. With NotN it got even worse. I'm FR +9 as well.

Clearing cache/cookies did not help.
I'm using Chrome, Firefox and Safari (on Windows 10 and the newest iOS) with all of them being updated to their newest versions. The site lags on all of them.

It seems to me that especially images are loading very slowly, and it gets worse if you have more tabs on FR open. Sometimes the whole site doesn't load at all. The "bug" my browsers reports is either that the internet connection is lost (while it definitely isn't on my end - everything else works perfectly) or that the site itself isn't loading.
I've been experiencing the same problem of a massive lag during the last few days. With NotN it got even worse. I'm FR +9 as well.

Clearing cache/cookies did not help.
I'm using Chrome, Firefox and Safari (on Windows 10 and the newest iOS) with all of them being updated to their newest versions. The site lags on all of them.

It seems to me that especially images are loading very slowly, and it gets worse if you have more tabs on FR open. Sometimes the whole site doesn't load at all. The "bug" my browsers reports is either that the internet connection is lost (while it definitely isn't on my end - everything else works perfectly) or that the site itself isn't loading.
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
WdLRW71.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."