Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | almost accused of property destruction
1 2 3
i mean i dont hate children- but yes most of the time they can be a bit annoying. buttt, there are some really nice children that i have encountered and they can be such sweet little things
i mean i dont hate children- but yes most of the time they can be a bit annoying. buttt, there are some really nice children that i have encountered and they can be such sweet little things
@peachcream at that same party thing i was at there was this really cute kid with toy cars watching pj masks and speaking broken sentences and he was adorable
@peachcream at that same party thing i was at there was this really cute kid with toy cars watching pj masks and speaking broken sentences and he was adorable
Hello LGBT Community
@yeehawbuckaroo
ohmygosh that sounds amazing
@yeehawbuckaroo
ohmygosh that sounds amazing
heh why do so many people hate children lol

well... wth @LittlePuppy u got Karen'ed lol... RIP in pepperoni Karen
heh why do so many people hate children lol

well... wth @LittlePuppy u got Karen'ed lol... RIP in pepperoni Karen
vbbFDY.png Heccin Pan
[quote name="peachcream" date="2019-10-14 19:15:42" ] i mean i dont hate children- but yes most of the time they can be a bit annoying. buttt, there are some really nice children that i have encountered and they can be such sweet little things[/quote] Oh same! I dislike how some parents don't do anything to teach them right from wrong or they just punish them so harshly for even the most minor incident. Chances are these kids are either attention seeking or just being really rude. I wouldn't say I [b]hate[/b] kids because I wasn't treated very well as a kid either. This doesn't excuse their behaviour though.
peachcream wrote on 2019-10-14 19:15:42:

Oh same! I dislike how some parents don't do anything to teach them right from wrong or they just punish them so harshly for even the most minor incident. Chances are these kids are either attention seeking or just being really rude.

I wouldn't say I hate kids because I wasn't treated very well as a kid either. This doesn't excuse their behaviour though.
vckV4Hu.pngnbYcIeA.png
There's a reason we don't diagnose people as sociopaths until they reach 18--all children start out that way. We can say they engage in that sort of behavior or have a "conduct disorder" while they are kids but not slap the actual Sociopath label on them until they are legal adults.

Some food for thought before attempting to civilize one of these critters.
There's a reason we don't diagnose people as sociopaths until they reach 18--all children start out that way. We can say they engage in that sort of behavior or have a "conduct disorder" while they are kids but not slap the actual Sociopath label on them until they are legal adults.

Some food for thought before attempting to civilize one of these critters.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Exactly. All children are sociopaths until they grow up and learn not to be. Which ought to place a responsibility on their parents to ensure their children do no harm to others. If the children lack a conscience, it's their parents' obligation to be a conscience for them. Unfortunately, in my experience, most parents are either too lazy or too enamoured with their children to actually do this.

I was attacked by a pack of eight year olds last year. I only managed to escape them by crossing a fairly dangerous road to walk with an old man on the other side. Complete stranger, but I knew HE wouldn't be violent.

But suffice to say, I couldn't convince anybody but my husband and the old man that saw the whole thing that these children were actually dangerous and needed to be dealt with. Everybody just assumes that children are sweet, innocent and would never actually hurt anybody.
Exactly. All children are sociopaths until they grow up and learn not to be. Which ought to place a responsibility on their parents to ensure their children do no harm to others. If the children lack a conscience, it's their parents' obligation to be a conscience for them. Unfortunately, in my experience, most parents are either too lazy or too enamoured with their children to actually do this.

I was attacked by a pack of eight year olds last year. I only managed to escape them by crossing a fairly dangerous road to walk with an old man on the other side. Complete stranger, but I knew HE wouldn't be violent.

But suffice to say, I couldn't convince anybody but my husband and the old man that saw the whole thing that these children were actually dangerous and needed to be dealt with. Everybody just assumes that children are sweet, innocent and would never actually hurt anybody.
I don't like kids, and this post and replies exemplifies why. I'm lucky my garden is in a locked cage in my backyard, so I don't have to worry about the little gremlins trying to destroy them...

However. A young relative years back while we were staying at my now-late grandmother's house wanted to pet my cat (my oldest, and my only one at the time as this was years before the adoption of my second cat). Except, he kept trying to grab, squeeze, and yank her tail, so she kept running away and hiding. We tried to explain to him about not doing that because it hurt her and all that, but it didn't really work. We wouldn't just stand around and let Elsie get hurt, but Elsie took care of it before we intervened by never being out and about while my relative was around anymore.

The only other thing I can give as an example right now is when I was waiting for my mom in the bathroom at a store. Two small kids, a boy and a girl, started looking under the stalls. My mom said something when they got to hers, and when the kids got back up, I gave them a death glare that stopped them in their tracks and sent them scurrying back to their mother.

I think some people need to do a better job of teaching their kids. My siblings and I wouldn't have dared to do any of that growing up...
I don't like kids, and this post and replies exemplifies why. I'm lucky my garden is in a locked cage in my backyard, so I don't have to worry about the little gremlins trying to destroy them...

However. A young relative years back while we were staying at my now-late grandmother's house wanted to pet my cat (my oldest, and my only one at the time as this was years before the adoption of my second cat). Except, he kept trying to grab, squeeze, and yank her tail, so she kept running away and hiding. We tried to explain to him about not doing that because it hurt her and all that, but it didn't really work. We wouldn't just stand around and let Elsie get hurt, but Elsie took care of it before we intervened by never being out and about while my relative was around anymore.

The only other thing I can give as an example right now is when I was waiting for my mom in the bathroom at a store. Two small kids, a boy and a girl, started looking under the stalls. My mom said something when they got to hers, and when the kids got back up, I gave them a death glare that stopped them in their tracks and sent them scurrying back to their mother.

I think some people need to do a better job of teaching their kids. My siblings and I wouldn't have dared to do any of that growing up...
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
@ahzidel

That's why I'm glad to have parents that raised me and my siblings to be well-rounded. I feel parents use the, "They're just a kid," excuse too freely. No, a two year old isn't going to do multiplication, but at age 4, you can understand the basics of, "Don't do that, it's rude."

It's not that I don't like kids, I don't like how some parents raise their kids. Kids themselves are fine and I can easily share that child-like curiosity with them. I just get very fed up with parents that don't know how to say no or think the world owes their child something because they're a child.

I plan on having kids of my own someday. Just like not doing so, it's my personal choice. However, I plan on raising my kids similarly to how my own parents raised us, as we were very respectful children and now I'm becoming a very successful adult.
@ahzidel

That's why I'm glad to have parents that raised me and my siblings to be well-rounded. I feel parents use the, "They're just a kid," excuse too freely. No, a two year old isn't going to do multiplication, but at age 4, you can understand the basics of, "Don't do that, it's rude."

It's not that I don't like kids, I don't like how some parents raise their kids. Kids themselves are fine and I can easily share that child-like curiosity with them. I just get very fed up with parents that don't know how to say no or think the world owes their child something because they're a child.

I plan on having kids of my own someday. Just like not doing so, it's my personal choice. However, I plan on raising my kids similarly to how my own parents raised us, as we were very respectful children and now I'm becoming a very successful adult.
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
I used to be on a sports team... Every day for practice we would do a run around the block, and every day a group of girls would pull all the flowers out of an old lady's garden as we ran past. I still hate them for it. How can you be so cruel?
I used to be on a sports team... Every day for practice we would do a run around the block, and every day a group of girls would pull all the flowers out of an old lady's garden as we ran past. I still hate them for it. How can you be so cruel?
8HtYjYR.jpg art-shop-icon_orig.jpg EE6A8YJ.jpg
1 2 3