Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Coliseum/Meditate Bug?
I started experiencing a problem with the coliseum yesterday and am still having the same problem today.

The coliseum loads fine for me, and the first command I give my dragons is meditate. My dragons are able to perform this, but the next time it's their turn in the battle, one of two things happen.

Most of the time the glitch I am getting is that, after clicking on Abilities, I can't click anywhere else. It won't let me go back to the previous menu or click any of the attacks. The other glitch is that while I can click an attack, clicking on the target doesn't do anything. And it's not crashing or freezing with either glitch. The enemies are still animated, I just can't click anything to proceed. I'm not getting any error text either.

I am using Safari, and it is currently up to date. I have tried to clear my cache, but my computer actually won't let me, so I'm not sure if this is an issue with the site, or actually something wrong with my computer on my end.

Help? D:
I started experiencing a problem with the coliseum yesterday and am still having the same problem today.

The coliseum loads fine for me, and the first command I give my dragons is meditate. My dragons are able to perform this, but the next time it's their turn in the battle, one of two things happen.

Most of the time the glitch I am getting is that, after clicking on Abilities, I can't click anywhere else. It won't let me go back to the previous menu or click any of the attacks. The other glitch is that while I can click an attack, clicking on the target doesn't do anything. And it's not crashing or freezing with either glitch. The enemies are still animated, I just can't click anything to proceed. I'm not getting any error text either.

I am using Safari, and it is currently up to date. I have tried to clear my cache, but my computer actually won't let me, so I'm not sure if this is an issue with the site, or actually something wrong with my computer on my end.

Help? D:
@SkyShifter
I think clicking stopping working can be fixed by clearing your cache? It wouldn't hurt to try if you have not already.
@SkyShifter
I think clicking stopping working can be fixed by clearing your cache? It wouldn't hurt to try if you have not already.
@SkyShifter

Please read this post regarding bugs so that your question can either be answered or tracked for the devs:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/1912

However, given that this has been a major problem since October 2016 I'm going to guess that you're using Firefox as your browser. Firefox updates past 48 have proven incompatible with the coli and die within 5 battles by making all buttons unusable. Each time FF updates they break something in the coli (wasn't able to load, wasn't able to select any buttons, now buttons die) differently and it looks like FR can't keep up with the changes.

You might have some success with the safemode:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=coliseum&safemode=1

If this isn't your issue please write back with the needed information so we can help you.
@SkyShifter

Please read this post regarding bugs so that your question can either be answered or tracked for the devs:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/1912

However, given that this has been a major problem since October 2016 I'm going to guess that you're using Firefox as your browser. Firefox updates past 48 have proven incompatible with the coli and die within 5 battles by making all buttons unusable. Each time FF updates they break something in the coli (wasn't able to load, wasn't able to select any buttons, now buttons die) differently and it looks like FR can't keep up with the changes.

You might have some success with the safemode:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=coliseum&safemode=1

If this isn't your issue please write back with the needed information so we can help you.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@SoulofChaos- I just tried multiple times and it actually will not let me clear my cache, so perhaps this isn't a problem with the site, but one with my computer?

@Nightwind- Whoops, thanks for the link! I'll go edit my first post. I don't think i can provide a screenshot though, because it still looks like a normal battle, I just can't click on anything.

I am actually using Safari, not FireFox though. Safemode doesn't work either, I get the same problem still.

The issue is still continuing today as well, though another change. I've noticed that if I have my first dragon use defend, the next turn I am able to click on anything and am able to attack. Once the enemy is defeated, if I choose to go on to the next battle rather than the main menu, the same issue occurs and I can't click on anything though.
@SoulofChaos- I just tried multiple times and it actually will not let me clear my cache, so perhaps this isn't a problem with the site, but one with my computer?

@Nightwind- Whoops, thanks for the link! I'll go edit my first post. I don't think i can provide a screenshot though, because it still looks like a normal battle, I just can't click on anything.

I am actually using Safari, not FireFox though. Safemode doesn't work either, I get the same problem still.

The issue is still continuing today as well, though another change. I've noticed that if I have my first dragon use defend, the next turn I am able to click on anything and am able to attack. Once the enemy is defeated, if I choose to go on to the next battle rather than the main menu, the same issue occurs and I can't click on anything though.
I'm having this same issue with meditate and scratch in the Training Fields. Click on the abilities and nothing will work after that. I'm using Safari and everything is updated. Clearing the cache didn't work.
I'm having this same issue with meditate and scratch in the Training Fields. Click on the abilities and nothing will work after that. I'm using Safari and everything is updated. Clearing the cache didn't work.
Boil'em! Mash'em! Stick them in a stew!
Potato_Banner_New.png
I've been having this issue for months but didn't realize the connection to Meditate until now. I usually start with a physical attack, so it'd seem to work for a while and then suddenly I couldn't click any buttons even though the enemies are still animated. It's exactly as SkyShifter described.

I am using Safari as well. It is updated.

I cleared my cache, no improvement.

I am using Safe Mode, no improvement.

I also turned on the Alternate coliseum thing, no improvement.

@SkyShifter if you're using Mac like I am: I was briefly unable to clear my caches as well simply because the site names weren't loading, but they appeared when the internet started running faster again. So if you have a slow internet speed that might be it? Either way clearing the caches didn't work so it might not be your computer that's the problem.
I've been having this issue for months but didn't realize the connection to Meditate until now. I usually start with a physical attack, so it'd seem to work for a while and then suddenly I couldn't click any buttons even though the enemies are still animated. It's exactly as SkyShifter described.

I am using Safari as well. It is updated.

I cleared my cache, no improvement.

I am using Safe Mode, no improvement.

I also turned on the Alternate coliseum thing, no improvement.

@SkyShifter if you're using Mac like I am: I was briefly unable to clear my caches as well simply because the site names weren't loading, but they appeared when the internet started running faster again. So if you have a slow internet speed that might be it? Either way clearing the caches didn't work so it might not be your computer that's the problem.
@Eyemalias- Iam not sure if my internet is slower than usual right now, but that may be the case as I've been able to clear caches before in the past. It's at least good to know there's less of a chance something is wrong with my computer.

Idk if you saw my later post, but I got it to work by having my first dragon use Defend instead of Meditate. It's not a good fix, but it does at least let you proceed through the rest of the battle like normal. It's kind of a pain for grinding and training fodder, but better than nothing I suppose. I've got my fingers crossed the actual problem gets figured out and fixed soon. Dx
@Eyemalias- Iam not sure if my internet is slower than usual right now, but that may be the case as I've been able to clear caches before in the past. It's at least good to know there's less of a chance something is wrong with my computer.

Idk if you saw my later post, but I got it to work by having my first dragon use Defend instead of Meditate. It's not a good fix, but it does at least let you proceed through the rest of the battle like normal. It's kind of a pain for grinding and training fodder, but better than nothing I suppose. I've got my fingers crossed the actual problem gets figured out and fixed soon. Dx
@SkyShifter @Eyemalias @burpingsocks

Thank you for writing in with information about what browser you're using. Safari is also bugged and has been off and on since September 2016:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/1989214

The dropdown menu seems to be fixed for some updates to Safari but the interaction with HTML5 hasn't been yet. You'll all have to use a different browser until whatever incompatibility bug gets fixed. I'm sorry there's no better news.

@SkyShifter @Eyemalias @burpingsocks

Thank you for writing in with information about what browser you're using. Safari is also bugged and has been off and on since September 2016:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/1989214

The dropdown menu seems to be fixed for some updates to Safari but the interaction with HTML5 hasn't been yet. You'll all have to use a different browser until whatever incompatibility bug gets fixed. I'm sorry there's no better news.

I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind- Ah well. If I have to use a different browser for now, it's still better than not being able to coli at all. Thanks for your help!
@Nightwind- Ah well. If I have to use a different browser for now, it's still better than not being able to coli at all. Thanks for your help!
@Nightwind Thank you for the info!

@Skyshifter Thank you as well for the suggestion. It actually got me through one battle... but I was defeated lol. Then it did a whole new thing were Meditate didn't freeze it, but that dragon could ONLY use Meditate o_o And then it started freezing from other stuff... anyway, it's probably all part of that browser issue, so not much else to do.
@Nightwind Thank you for the info!

@Skyshifter Thank you as well for the suggestion. It actually got me through one battle... but I was defeated lol. Then it did a whole new thing were Meditate didn't freeze it, but that dragon could ONLY use Meditate o_o And then it started freezing from other stuff... anyway, it's probably all part of that browser issue, so not much else to do.