Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | That ONE Gene (You Can't Stand)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29
Dumps all my unpopular opinions.

I honestly really hate Iri/Shim. Iridescent is abhorrent to me, and the only exception to Shimmer is on Skydancers and the occasional Nocturne. I just. I don't know what's so bad about it to me. It just makes me shudder.

The gradient looks painful to the eye on most things. I can justify it on some dragons, but I'll always find a better gene for it.
Dumps all my unpopular opinions.

I honestly really hate Iri/Shim. Iridescent is abhorrent to me, and the only exception to Shimmer is on Skydancers and the occasional Nocturne. I just. I don't know what's so bad about it to me. It just makes me shudder.

The gradient looks painful to the eye on most things. I can justify it on some dragons, but I'll always find a better gene for it.
Stripes. I really don't like it. It somehow catches more of my ire than hyp does. Hyp just sort of exists and we all try not to talk about it.
Stripes. I really don't like it. It somehow catches more of my ire than hyp does. Hyp just sort of exists and we all try not to talk about it.
tumblr_inline_nnnkgu0nhK1t8x5hx_540.png
Eyespots or hypnotic, for sure. I've only seen one or two dragons that actually look decent with eyespots, and hypnotic reminds me of those tunnels some beetles burrow in wood, which I'm really not huge on.
Eyespots or hypnotic, for sure. I've only seen one or two dragons that actually look decent with eyespots, and hypnotic reminds me of those tunnels some beetles burrow in wood, which I'm really not huge on.
b370d15dcc6c6de13547824fbed56ba2ae0f8153.png Ljw7JvQ.png UBaiWUV.png eIK5iG7.png
JvUa9ma.png feXtM27.png FObX7rS.png
gYW0j5f.png wthFnM3.png gE96VFA.png
they/he | formerly neonpine
Crackle and smoke. They just seem so distracting and unfitting on dragons most of the time, but sometimes they work with certain colors and just click.

and thylacine
Crackle and smoke. They just seem so distracting and unfitting on dragons most of the time, but sometimes they work with certain colors and just click.

and thylacine
hi welcome to applebees
Hypnotic, crackle and eye spots
Hypnotic, crackle and eye spots
yHGd0NE.gif
*Braces* Glimmer
I mean, yeah, a couple of colors work, but for the most part it makes the Dragons look like they have super slimy bellies. Guh. Iri/Shim is also like that for me.
*Braces* Glimmer
I mean, yeah, a couple of colors work, but for the most part it makes the Dragons look like they have super slimy bellies. Guh. Iri/Shim is also like that for me.
Ping me pretty please! I love seeing responses!
Hypnotic is my absolute least favorite gene; it's just way too busy, and I've never seen a Dragon that I liked it on, unlike the other genes that I don't really care for.

I'm really not a fan of Eyespots or Clown either, nor of Vipera, especially on Tundras (too much Hypnotic mixed in).

Seraph is another gene that I'm not too fond of; it just looks weird having feathers "painted" on a webbed wing, but I do like it on some breeds.

Piebald and Paint are two other genes that I usually don't like, but they can work.
Hypnotic is my absolute least favorite gene; it's just way too busy, and I've never seen a Dragon that I liked it on, unlike the other genes that I don't really care for.

I'm really not a fan of Eyespots or Clown either, nor of Vipera, especially on Tundras (too much Hypnotic mixed in).

Seraph is another gene that I'm not too fond of; it just looks weird having feathers "painted" on a webbed wing, but I do like it on some breeds.

Piebald and Paint are two other genes that I usually don't like, but they can work.

Someday I'll put something creative here.
CRACKLE. seraph is pretty bad too, and im not a fan of smoke unless its subtle.
CRACKLE. seraph is pretty bad too, and im not a fan of smoke unless its subtle.
XS9Xu1r.png
Crackle, mainly.
Crackle, mainly.
5159.pngoie-MMw-Romgf4h-RP.png7684.png
Crackle, Hypnotic and okapi like seriously
Yuck
Specially Crackle
Sometimes even smoke. It's alright when the dragon is like white with black smoke or something nothing else but still no.

Thylacine is awesome, if only it wasn't a tertiary gene it just mucks everything up when you have other patterns underneath
Crackle, Hypnotic and okapi like seriously
Yuck
Specially Crackle
Sometimes even smoke. It's alright when the dragon is like white with black smoke or something nothing else but still no.

Thylacine is awesome, if only it wasn't a tertiary gene it just mucks everything up when you have other patterns underneath
flight_rising_banner_3_smaller.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29