Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | what was your first hyperfixation
Books and clocks/pocket watches. My bookshelf is stuffed lol, i need to get another bookshelf
Books and clocks/pocket watches. My bookshelf is stuffed lol, i need to get another bookshelf
IxetaBl.pngPcIGNKw.pngbprUbRF.png
OeRHGjw.png
Also dinosaurs! (and then dragons immediately after)
And then any toy series my mother was unfortunate enough to allow me to take one glance at... (Littlest Pet Shop, Monster High, Bakugan, Hot Wheels)

now it's convoluted game franchises spanning across multiple generations of consoles :) the only good thing to come of those previous toy obsessions was; things to sell in the future.
Also dinosaurs! (and then dragons immediately after)
And then any toy series my mother was unfortunate enough to allow me to take one glance at... (Littlest Pet Shop, Monster High, Bakugan, Hot Wheels)

now it's convoluted game franchises spanning across multiple generations of consoles :) the only good thing to come of those previous toy obsessions was; things to sell in the future.
i don't remember which was my first hyperfixation, i just know that i was obsessed with sharks, ancient egypt, pokemon, dog breeds and volcanoes all around the same time from being a toddler.

pokemon's the only one that's stuck with me through the years, but lemme tell you being able to name nearly every dog breed makes a lot of dog owners happy when you recognise what type of pup they've got lmao
i don't remember which was my first hyperfixation, i just know that i was obsessed with sharks, ancient egypt, pokemon, dog breeds and volcanoes all around the same time from being a toddler.

pokemon's the only one that's stuck with me through the years, but lemme tell you being able to name nearly every dog breed makes a lot of dog owners happy when you recognise what type of pup they've got lmao
ePOliyb.pngspaaaace
mtHAEL4.pngspaaaace
tqGkHih.pngspaaaace
rUoKR6y.pngspaaaace
IrmwTXC.pngspaaaace
qKZAaLK.pngrOmZsMq.pngNHnRMJ2.png8KNFjaF.pngQJAOLGp.pngI1EqHDk.pngFRFriVl.pngliXoQQI.pngFRbWiYH.png
mz77kVn.png
power puff girls i think
power puff girls i think
tumblr_inline_nbefjbkpeK1qg78ij.png WHEN THE RHYTHM IS GLAD/THERE IS NOTHING 2 B SAD

(banner)tumblr_inline_nbefjh6UpE1qg78ij.png
sonic the hedgehog was my first BIG one, then warrior cats and greek myth (though that one was influenced by pjo, so that too!). elementary school me and any good book were a set, do not separate. then i think pokémon came into my life and never really left.
sonic the hedgehog was my first BIG one, then warrior cats and greek myth (though that one was influenced by pjo, so that too!). elementary school me and any good book were a set, do not separate. then i think pokémon came into my life and never really left.

kk
they/she
FR + 3

nz3blXi.png
i think it was atla. i was like 8 years old when it started airing and i loved it so much it made me sick. when i realized it was ending i refused to watch any more of it bc i didn't want it to be over lol; it took me years to actually watch the series finale and it was really bittersweet.

i've gotten a little more normal about how i consume media but i definitely recognize patterns from my time as a kid obsessed w/ atla in how i interact with my favorite things now.

i'm sure there were things that preceded it but i feel like those were regular childhood obsessions; i don't see any of the adhd brainweird in how i interacted with things like dinosaurs as a little kid so i wouldn't call those hyperfixations exactly.
i think it was atla. i was like 8 years old when it started airing and i loved it so much it made me sick. when i realized it was ending i refused to watch any more of it bc i didn't want it to be over lol; it took me years to actually watch the series finale and it was really bittersweet.

i've gotten a little more normal about how i consume media but i definitely recognize patterns from my time as a kid obsessed w/ atla in how i interact with my favorite things now.

i'm sure there were things that preceded it but i feel like those were regular childhood obsessions; i don't see any of the adhd brainweird in how i interacted with things like dinosaurs as a little kid so i wouldn't call those hyperfixations exactly.
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
would say lps but it was that and mlp g3
would say lps but it was that and mlp g3
5fab161f44cc1b4a5a52c703ee8683b83062da7e.png 0cb127b26d19a6c92651ff1998fb4012374c6173.png
god... give me a second to think.

I think it was cats??? I would costantly get cat things as a little kid, I'm sure it might've been elmo before but I don't remember things clearly until ages 6+.
god... give me a second to think.

I think it was cats??? I would costantly get cat things as a little kid, I'm sure it might've been elmo before but I don't remember things clearly until ages 6+.
J6W6Pav.png TRIX
They/Them
FR + 2

7A9FlOQ.gif
tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif
Star Wars and volcanoes.
Star Wars and volcanoes.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
Animals, probably. I was a big animal RPer with my fellow classmates in my youth, lol. Funnily enough I'm not really much into the furry fandom by contrast.
Animals, probably. I was a big animal RPer with my fellow classmates in my youth, lol. Funnily enough I'm not really much into the furry fandom by contrast.
Jd88XNq.png
GLMwkdE.png
5hF3FGk.png
DxCICZ1.png
magolor.png
6vXRkBW.png
xgiphy.gif
  • username has a zero
  • collector of unique color combos and fandragons
120px-NL_Sticker_Rolling.gif