Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | what was your first hyperfixation
personally I started with hyper fixating on dinosaurs (i noticed a lot of people start with those) and later anything with wings *cough cough* [i]dragons[/i] I'd love to hear other peoples first hyperfixation [emoji=aberration star size=1]
personally I started with hyper fixating on dinosaurs (i noticed a lot of people start with those) and later anything with wings
*cough cough* dragons

I'd love to hear other peoples first hyperfixation
42618_1.png MUYNhfy.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
bYt72YT.png
dEe2UrM.png
5hF3FGk.png
IMG_0395_1.png
a h a h dinosaurs as well. currently giving away my 7+ year old dinosaur figures to small children.
a h a h dinosaurs as well. currently giving away my 7+ year old dinosaur figures to small children.
lesbiancatcher.png
never really a dinosaurs kid, but in the realm of archosaurs: birds. when i was 7 the only book i had any interest in reading was the bird field guide my grandparents bought me i guess it still is my main hyperfixation given that i work in an ornithological museum collection now [emoji=skull size=1]
never really a dinosaurs kid, but in the realm of archosaurs: birds. when i was 7 the only book i had any interest in reading was the bird field guide my grandparents bought me

i guess it still is my main hyperfixation given that i work in an ornithological museum collection now
hikaru
23 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
__________________________________________5bf9ceca7418e0677aee8014c0e2bfdf.png
Cats, because back then I wasn't allowed to have one. I had a bazillion cat plushies lol. Every birthday wish, every blown dandelion was for a cat. I even started praying for a pet cat, and lo and behold my beloved first cat showed up on our porch and wouldn't leave, so my life was forever improved haha <3 She literally came out and saved me and my friend from being lost in the woods once; I still miss her, but her predecessor is just as special and as loved ^^

...then it was horses XD
Cats, because back then I wasn't allowed to have one. I had a bazillion cat plushies lol. Every birthday wish, every blown dandelion was for a cat. I even started praying for a pet cat, and lo and behold my beloved first cat showed up on our porch and wouldn't leave, so my life was forever improved haha <3 She literally came out and saved me and my friend from being lost in the woods once; I still miss her, but her predecessor is just as special and as loved ^^

...then it was horses XD
__________________My Random Progen, Faendal Avatar Dragon
Dragonsona
Dragons For Sale
Autumncore
I enjoy being pinged :) I also like Stars on my dragons!
My Custom Progen, Iselene
Hmmm I guess it's a little hard to distinguish ND hyperfixations from general childhood obsessions up to a certain age... but I don't think there was anything neurotypical about 3-year-old me watching the Watership Down movie every single day while drawing and making paper cutouts of the rabbits to make them fight each other and act out the movie when I couldn't be watching it.
Hmmm I guess it's a little hard to distinguish ND hyperfixations from general childhood obsessions up to a certain age... but I don't think there was anything neurotypical about 3-year-old me watching the Watership Down movie every single day while drawing and making paper cutouts of the rabbits to make them fight each other and act out the movie when I couldn't be watching it.
21402.png
power rangers definitely
i LOVED it so much, especially the wild force and dino thunder ones. would watch it every day before and after school, i only ever wanted power rangers toys for birthdays, i would pretend i was a power ranger and run around the house. that lasted from as long as i can remember to about 9 (around when i got introduced to undertale/fnaf and shifted to hyperfixating on those)

i'm 80% sure i still have a couple power rangers toys. such a good series.
power rangers definitely
i LOVED it so much, especially the wild force and dino thunder ones. would watch it every day before and after school, i only ever wanted power rangers toys for birthdays, i would pretend i was a power ranger and run around the house. that lasted from as long as i can remember to about 9 (around when i got introduced to undertale/fnaf and shifted to hyperfixating on those)

i'm 80% sure i still have a couple power rangers toys. such a good series.
} pings encouraged! i'm subbed to a lot of threads {

} check out my avatar dragon! {

} i forget things easily, please ping/PM me if i haven't responded in a few days {
I've loved cats ever since I was a baby, but that wasn't a true special interest. My first true special interests started around age 18 months. Garfield, Full House, and road signs all popped up around this age.

Of my three biggest, most important special interests, the first was science of the human body, which started around age 3.
I've loved cats ever since I was a baby, but that wasn't a true special interest. My first true special interests started around age 18 months. Garfield, Full House, and road signs all popped up around this age.

Of my three biggest, most important special interests, the first was science of the human body, which started around age 3.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
Of things that I collected, then it was definetly Littles Pet Shops, i have like hundreds of them somewhere at my family home haha, they're just so cute x) + the nintendo games, just very nostalgic and still quite fun to play with friends ! :D

If not for that, then it would maybe be transformers, which started around 2016 i believe, i dont even remember how i got into it, just suddenly i had watched all the shows i got my hands on and read comics like a crazy mad lad xD

it's worn off a bit now, but i do still enjoy it quite a lot uwu, i just quite recently was even gifted with a pretty cool rodimus figurine (of the ones u have to build yourself),... lets hope I can be able to learn how to build it, i want him to be lookin perfect ! B)
Of things that I collected, then it was definetly Littles Pet Shops, i have like hundreds of them somewhere at my family home haha, they're just so cute x) + the nintendo games, just very nostalgic and still quite fun to play with friends ! :D

If not for that, then it would maybe be transformers, which started around 2016 i believe, i dont even remember how i got into it, just suddenly i had watched all the shows i got my hands on and read comics like a crazy mad lad xD

it's worn off a bit now, but i do still enjoy it quite a lot uwu, i just quite recently was even gifted with a pretty cool rodimus figurine (of the ones u have to build yourself),... lets hope I can be able to learn how to build it, i want him to be lookin perfect ! B)
TB6EYwU.png
ckAgcPc.png
y4u2WRD.png
NlmYDAS.png
I9phJiK.png lvNmyEi.png hrSE73S.png
O2ifxsk.png
Dragons. As a kid, they were the only thing I would draw, I would love to pretend to be them, and I just had a general obsession with them. Many years later, it has subconsciously led me here.
Dragons. As a kid, they were the only thing I would draw, I would love to pretend to be them, and I just had a general obsession with them. Many years later, it has subconsciously led me here.
Your daily reminder...
that Bungee Gum contains both the properties of rubber AND gum.
Fandragons in Dark World tab in Hibden
Oh I was a huge dino kid. I had several books on dinosaurs that I would read over and over again multiple times a day.

I think my first hyperfixation was Pokemon tho! I remember watching the DP series on tv as a kid, for a few years I didn't even know the games were a thing. Honestly I still love the little monsters a lot, I own a lot of merch, some games and one manga volume haha
Oh I was a huge dino kid. I had several books on dinosaurs that I would read over and over again multiple times a day.

I think my first hyperfixation was Pokemon tho! I remember watching the DP series on tv as a kid, for a few years I didn't even know the games were a thing. Honestly I still love the little monsters a lot, I own a lot of merch, some games and one manga volume haha
bulbasaur.gifivysaur.gifvenusaur-f.gif

knives || it/he || art shop