Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird Things Pets Do
1 2 3 4 5
my demon cat's new favorite hobby is staring into the unlit fireplace for hours on end
my demon cat's new favorite hobby is staring into the unlit fireplace for hours on end
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!
Earlier today, my cat was playing with a cicada. He was just pawing at it.
Earlier today, my cat was playing with a cicada. He was just pawing at it.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
My dog likes to catch and play with insects. He once brought a bug from the garden in the house to play with it there.
He also has the weirdest sleeping position. His dog bed is round with kind of a cushion wall on the outside and... well, if you say that cats are liquid, he's definitely a cat at heart.

I had ferrets before and they really were little clowns. One of them always miscalculated her jumps, she once jumped against a chair instead of on it. Good thing that ferrets are tough guys, so she tried again ;D
The other one was often playing and forgetting where she was while overwhelmed with joy, so she fell off the bed, was confused for a second and just continued playing^^
My dog likes to catch and play with insects. He once brought a bug from the garden in the house to play with it there.
He also has the weirdest sleeping position. His dog bed is round with kind of a cushion wall on the outside and... well, if you say that cats are liquid, he's definitely a cat at heart.

I had ferrets before and they really were little clowns. One of them always miscalculated her jumps, she once jumped against a chair instead of on it. Good thing that ferrets are tough guys, so she tried again ;D
The other one was often playing and forgetting where she was while overwhelmed with joy, so she fell off the bed, was confused for a second and just continued playing^^
My cat refuses to leap down from tall surfaces normally. Most cats would go paws first - she decides that she quite likes flipping on her back, falling head first, and then twisting midair to land on her paws. I feel like this would take more effort than it's worth, but I must be missing something, because my girlfriend's cat has begun imitating this.
My cat refuses to leap down from tall surfaces normally. Most cats would go paws first - she decides that she quite likes flipping on her back, falling head first, and then twisting midair to land on her paws. I feel like this would take more effort than it's worth, but I must be missing something, because my girlfriend's cat has begun imitating this.
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
My cats open my drawers and sleep in them....they are white and I own mostly black clothing so I am always putting my pants in the dryer
My cats open my drawers and sleep in them....they are white and I own mostly black clothing so I am always putting my pants in the dryer
10944&p=57189.jpg10940&p=57185.jpg Lover of all things witchy n spooky 10940&p=57185.jpg10944&p=57189.jpg
My cat sits with us at dinner!
My cat sits with us at dinner!
Jd88XNq.pngfDseSl9.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
I've seen many many quirks with many of my pets, both existing and those who passed away.

As of now I have 2 snakes and I've noticed a few things about them!

Aphrodite, my 5 year old ball python, will not take her prey unless it's heated *just* right. As in, will literally turn up her nose at any rodent that's not thoroughly and carefully warmed up. (I once had to try offering her the same rodent, at various temperatures, five times before she finally ate. This snake I swear-)

Ciri, my yearling California kingsnake, will wipe her mouth after she's eaten on the corners of her hides/bowl/etc.

From pets that have passed... my grandparents used to have a cat that would literally come up to you, flop down at your feet and beg for belly rubs. She was a very sweet cat, never clawed, bit or hissed at anyone.
I've seen many many quirks with many of my pets, both existing and those who passed away.

As of now I have 2 snakes and I've noticed a few things about them!

Aphrodite, my 5 year old ball python, will not take her prey unless it's heated *just* right. As in, will literally turn up her nose at any rodent that's not thoroughly and carefully warmed up. (I once had to try offering her the same rodent, at various temperatures, five times before she finally ate. This snake I swear-)

Ciri, my yearling California kingsnake, will wipe her mouth after she's eaten on the corners of her hides/bowl/etc.

From pets that have passed... my grandparents used to have a cat that would literally come up to you, flop down at your feet and beg for belly rubs. She was a very sweet cat, never clawed, bit or hissed at anyone.
Nocta | she/they | +10 FR time
"Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope."
6pMAXtp.jpg

Whenever my dog sleeps she will rest her chin on the edge of her bed and do these lil tiny yips for short periods of time before going silent again.

Whenever my dog sleeps she will rest her chin on the edge of her bed and do these lil tiny yips for short periods of time before going silent again.
WRodlih.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifTea/Bird
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifThey/Them
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif-res-
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif~gay~

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifI’m very interested in Sky: CoTL, Dream SMP, and FNF so if you wanna talk about those then feel free to pm me!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifRanboo the beloved
- Idk how normal this is but my kitten likes to suck on her tail. Like, not when she's stressed or anything, she just likes to lay down and lick the tip of her tail for half an hour until it's a goopy, gross mess (and then rub it on us)

- She also has a lot of very... dog behaviours. Like chasing her own tail in a circle (often with the goal of licking it), or fetching balls and bringing them back to us.

- One time I saw her trying very hard to shove an old sock we gave her inside my shoe like a human being. She really likes to pick things up with her front paws.

- She has an undying love for yogurt and she absolutely does not let my mom eat in peace. She will climb to any surface possible to get a sip of the yogurt.

- And she also has the thing some people mentioned of randomly achieving a turbo state where all she does is run back and forth on the sofa at terminal velocity and "attack" (jump on and bite lightly) everything in range with no discrimination. When she's like that her tail (except the gross, goopy tip) grows three times as thick. I actually have a hilarious pic of her in which the separation between her tail and body has disappeared entirely, we call it the lizard state and I wish I had the picture with me right now.
- Idk how normal this is but my kitten likes to suck on her tail. Like, not when she's stressed or anything, she just likes to lay down and lick the tip of her tail for half an hour until it's a goopy, gross mess (and then rub it on us)

- She also has a lot of very... dog behaviours. Like chasing her own tail in a circle (often with the goal of licking it), or fetching balls and bringing them back to us.

- One time I saw her trying very hard to shove an old sock we gave her inside my shoe like a human being. She really likes to pick things up with her front paws.

- She has an undying love for yogurt and she absolutely does not let my mom eat in peace. She will climb to any surface possible to get a sip of the yogurt.

- And she also has the thing some people mentioned of randomly achieving a turbo state where all she does is run back and forth on the sofa at terminal velocity and "attack" (jump on and bite lightly) everything in range with no discrimination. When she's like that her tail (except the gross, goopy tip) grows three times as thick. I actually have a hilarious pic of her in which the separation between her tail and body has disappeared entirely, we call it the lizard state and I wish I had the picture with me right now.
Yesterday my dog was grunting and groaning and just being a goof. He got really antsy for a bit, curled up, and let out the tiniest little fart. He got all quiet and content and settled down while my mom, stepdad, and I struggled not to laugh at him and embarrass him. I love him so much. He's only 7 but he acts like he's 14 sometimes.

- He is very easily embarrassed, and if he thinks you're laughing at him, he'll get up on the couch and curl up and sigh about how mean we are.
- He must do TWO stretches before suppertime. Then he has to bounce into the nearest person's knees and do his suppertime sneezes.
- He is a pinball wizard
Yesterday my dog was grunting and groaning and just being a goof. He got really antsy for a bit, curled up, and let out the tiniest little fart. He got all quiet and content and settled down while my mom, stepdad, and I struggled not to laugh at him and embarrass him. I love him so much. He's only 7 but he acts like he's 14 sometimes.

- He is very easily embarrassed, and if he thinks you're laughing at him, he'll get up on the couch and curl up and sigh about how mean we are.
- He must do TWO stretches before suppertime. Then he has to bounce into the nearest person's knees and do his suppertime sneezes.
- He is a pinball wizard
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png
1 2 3 4 5