Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v3
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/NvdSw2K.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3243623/1#post_54300996]Info -[/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3243623/1#post_54300998] Tips -[/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3243623/1#post_54300999] Resources -[/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3243623/1#post_54301000] Link Badges -[/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3243623/1#post_54301001] Archive -[/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3243623/1#post_54301005] Credits[/url] Hello and welcome! Got some lore you have been meaning to write but just can’t get your mind to just sit and focus. Then Lore Whining days are just for you. Join us on days ending in 4 as we write and encourage each other to make some much needed progress on our lore. Don't forget to join the pinglist to be notified when it's time to whine. [pinglist=8788] [/center]
NvdSw2K.png
Info - Tips - Resources - Link Badges - Archive - Credits

Hello and welcome! Got some lore you have been meaning to write but just can’t get your mind to just sit and focus. Then Lore Whining days are just for you. Join us on days ending in 4 as we write and encourage each other to make some much needed progress on our lore.

Don't forget to join the pinglist to be notified when it's time to whine.

tumblr_inline_o8pnmbVxfC1ts73zp_540.png
Info

What are lore whining days?

Lore whining days take place on the days ending in 4 and are meant to help encourage and motivate those who are overwhelmed or having trouble focusing on writing the lore they want to write.

Why the days with 4 and not everyday?

because four and lore sound good together. plus just having a day set aside for lore makes it feel more manageable to get done.

How do I join in the fun?

Easy! Just join the pinglist, and write some lore on the day.

Do I have to post?

No need to worry about posting. some of us are shy and others of us are busy so don't feel like you need to post. The posting just helps with keeping ourselves accountable and also with the brainstorming of ideas.

Do I have to follow the prompt?

The prompts are just to get your brain juices flowing, so no need to worry about them.

Why are the pings the night before and not day of?

just so everyone can get the reminder in a timely manner no matter what time zone they are in.

Other questions or suggestions

If you have any other questions or suggestions don’t be afraid to ping or PM and i’ll be Happy to reply and help out.

Info

What are lore whining days?

Lore whining days take place on the days ending in 4 and are meant to help encourage and motivate those who are overwhelmed or having trouble focusing on writing the lore they want to write.

Why the days with 4 and not everyday?

because four and lore sound good together. plus just having a day set aside for lore makes it feel more manageable to get done.

How do I join in the fun?

Easy! Just join the pinglist, and write some lore on the day.

Do I have to post?

No need to worry about posting. some of us are shy and others of us are busy so don't feel like you need to post. The posting just helps with keeping ourselves accountable and also with the brainstorming of ideas.

Do I have to follow the prompt?

The prompts are just to get your brain juices flowing, so no need to worry about them.

Why are the pings the night before and not day of?

just so everyone can get the reminder in a timely manner no matter what time zone they are in.

Other questions or suggestions

If you have any other questions or suggestions don’t be afraid to ping or PM and i’ll be Happy to reply and help out.

Tips

Having trouble being productive. Try some of these tips!

1. Write what makes you happy.
If you can't enjoy your own work, how are others suppose to enjoy it.

2. Set reasonable goals.
Rome wasn't built in a day and neither should your stories. Set reasonable goals i.e. I'll focus on working one or two dragons today. or I'll write as much as i can for 30 minutes.
Announcing your goal is helpful as well as it helps add accountability.

3. Don't worry about grammar or polish
The hardest part is just getting the ideas on to the page, so focus on that. You can always spruce up your words later.

4. Take a walk, drink some water
If nothing is coming to mind. perhaps you need a health break to get the mind flowing. Take a walk or any sort of exercise to get the brain flowing. be sure to also get some water as well, and possibly eat something healthy if it's been awhile since you last ate. A healthy body = a healthy mind.

5. Don't be afraid to vent
It is a lore whining day after all, and sometimes vocalizing our frustrations with others helps our mind to process things from a new angle, it also allows others to lend some advice. which may or may not help but either way it's worth a shot.

6. Use a prompt
Sometimes prompts will help get the creative juices flowing by helping us to think about something we might not have thought about before.

7. Look for Inspiration
Inspiration is all around us from books, movies, games, and even life itself. Also be sure to see what sort of things other people are writing. It might spark an idea or two.

8. Help others
No one is an island and when we are helping others we are helping ourselves. Since when we help others it gets us out of our head space and in a new perspective, which in turn can sometimes help boost what we were trying to work on.
and in that same vein don't be afraid to ask for help.

9. Step Away
Might sound counter productive but sometimes we just need to drop what we are trying to do and just leave it alone until we can look at it with a different perspective. whether that's just getting some rest or getting other stuff done and off the mind. Don't be ashamed if that's what you need to do.

10. Be proud of yourself
Even if you didn't get much done today you still tried your best to set some time aside and write. and if you can't find it in you to be proud of that, I want you to know I'm proud of you, and to keep up the great work.
Tips

Having trouble being productive. Try some of these tips!

1. Write what makes you happy.
If you can't enjoy your own work, how are others suppose to enjoy it.

2. Set reasonable goals.
Rome wasn't built in a day and neither should your stories. Set reasonable goals i.e. I'll focus on working one or two dragons today. or I'll write as much as i can for 30 minutes.
Announcing your goal is helpful as well as it helps add accountability.

3. Don't worry about grammar or polish
The hardest part is just getting the ideas on to the page, so focus on that. You can always spruce up your words later.

4. Take a walk, drink some water
If nothing is coming to mind. perhaps you need a health break to get the mind flowing. Take a walk or any sort of exercise to get the brain flowing. be sure to also get some water as well, and possibly eat something healthy if it's been awhile since you last ate. A healthy body = a healthy mind.

5. Don't be afraid to vent
It is a lore whining day after all, and sometimes vocalizing our frustrations with others helps our mind to process things from a new angle, it also allows others to lend some advice. which may or may not help but either way it's worth a shot.

6. Use a prompt
Sometimes prompts will help get the creative juices flowing by helping us to think about something we might not have thought about before.

7. Look for Inspiration
Inspiration is all around us from books, movies, games, and even life itself. Also be sure to see what sort of things other people are writing. It might spark an idea or two.

8. Help others
No one is an island and when we are helping others we are helping ourselves. Since when we help others it gets us out of our head space and in a new perspective, which in turn can sometimes help boost what we were trying to work on.
and in that same vein don't be afraid to ask for help.

9. Step Away
Might sound counter productive but sometimes we just need to drop what we are trying to do and just leave it alone until we can look at it with a different perspective. whether that's just getting some rest or getting other stuff done and off the mind. Don't be ashamed if that's what you need to do.

10. Be proud of yourself
Even if you didn't get much done today you still tried your best to set some time aside and write. and if you can't find it in you to be proud of that, I want you to know I'm proud of you, and to keep up the great work.
Resources
(still adding more)

Lore/Worldbuilding
Lorebuilding 101 by Shian
Guide to Lore Clans by Demesne
Guide to Dragon Titles/Classes by biohazardBroski
Dragon Variants by flight by SunnyToxicBunny
Poisons, Cures, Medicines, and Remedies by qwigoqwaga
Uses for different Items by IvyVines
Ursegal Common Draconic Conlang Project by Llanai
Lore connections by Princesco
Sornieth Weather Watch by typoAdventure
Fire Architecture and The Behemoth IS the Labyrinth and also Nature Link Party! all 3 by Oranitha

and of course there is always good official lore stuff with the world map and Encyclopedia

also the FR wiki may be off site but it is always good too with all it's info.

Bio Materials
Poisonedpaper's art Assets by Poisonedpaper
Free to use Pixel Sprites by DogiCrimson
Vista pixels by Juunebugs
Page Dividers (Tumblr Link) by MsBarrow

and as always you can ask me about anything whether it's brainstorming advice, code advice or whatever I'll be glad to help.
Resources
(still adding more)

Lore/Worldbuilding
Lorebuilding 101 by Shian
Guide to Lore Clans by Demesne
Guide to Dragon Titles/Classes by biohazardBroski
Dragon Variants by flight by SunnyToxicBunny
Poisons, Cures, Medicines, and Remedies by qwigoqwaga
Uses for different Items by IvyVines
Ursegal Common Draconic Conlang Project by Llanai
Lore connections by Princesco
Sornieth Weather Watch by typoAdventure
Fire Architecture and The Behemoth IS the Labyrinth and also Nature Link Party! all 3 by Oranitha

and of course there is always good official lore stuff with the world map and Encyclopedia

also the FR wiki may be off site but it is always good too with all it's info.

Bio Materials
Poisonedpaper's art Assets by Poisonedpaper
Free to use Pixel Sprites by DogiCrimson
Vista pixels by Juunebugs
Page Dividers (Tumblr Link) by MsBarrow

and as always you can ask me about anything whether it's brainstorming advice, code advice or whatever I'll be glad to help.
Badges
(coming soon)

if you have ideas for what they should look like let me know and i'll try my hand at them.
Badges
(coming soon)

if you have ideas for what they should look like let me know and i'll try my hand at them.
Archive

Prompts

June 2023
4th, 14th, 24th

July 2023
4th, 14th, 24th

August 2023
4th, 14th, 24th

September 2023
4th, 14th,24

October 2023
4th, 14th, 24th

November 2023
4th, 14th, 24th

December 2023
4th, 14th, 24th

January 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

February 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

March 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

April 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

May 2024
4th,14th, 24th

June 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

July 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

August 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

September 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

October 2024
4th, 14th

Past threads

V1 thread can be found here
V2 thread can be found here
Archive

Prompts

June 2023
4th, 14th, 24th

July 2023
4th, 14th, 24th

August 2023
4th, 14th, 24th

September 2023
4th, 14th,24

October 2023
4th, 14th, 24th

November 2023
4th, 14th, 24th

December 2023
4th, 14th, 24th

January 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

February 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

March 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

April 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

May 2024
4th,14th, 24th

June 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

July 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

August 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

September 2024
4th, 14th, 24th

October 2024
4th, 14th

Past threads

V1 thread can be found here
V2 thread can be found here
Credits

Credits to Quis for making the original thread. Also to After For making the version 2 thread, and where i pulled most of my info and stuff.

All drawings are done by me unless credited

Credits

Credits to Quis for making the original thread. Also to After For making the version 2 thread, and where i pulled most of my info and stuff.

All drawings are done by me unless credited

((Reserve))
((Reserve))
((Reserve))
((Reserve))
((Reserve))
((Reserve))