Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Are you an old-timer?
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 25
I'm not exactly old but I guess I'd be about flight rising middle aged because I joined just over 5 years ago in september 2017! I've been playing very actively ever since, occasionally losing interest a bit and occasionally getting restricted from my computer, but never a full-blown hiatus and I don't think my whole lair has ever hit ) energy.

It's really weird, thinking about it now. I joined as a weird little middle schooler and now I'm getting ready to go vote for the first time tomorrow lol. how the time flies <3

also, i still think bee is a new gene :P
I'm not exactly old but I guess I'd be about flight rising middle aged because I joined just over 5 years ago in september 2017! I've been playing very actively ever since, occasionally losing interest a bit and occasionally getting restricted from my computer, but never a full-blown hiatus and I don't think my whole lair has ever hit ) energy.

It's really weird, thinking about it now. I joined as a weird little middle schooler and now I'm getting ready to go vote for the first time tomorrow lol. how the time flies <3

also, i still think bee is a new gene :P
mx5 #339872
· he/she
· fr time +3
oh yeah lkfddfjsk I still can't believe 2016 was so long ago...I'm not super old yet IRL, though LOL, no nieces/nephews to speak of. Still think of myself as a newbie sometimes when compared to some players I know who joined 2013-2015!
oh yeah lkfddfjsk I still can't believe 2016 was so long ago...I'm not super old yet IRL, though LOL, no nieces/nephews to speak of. Still think of myself as a newbie sometimes when compared to some players I know who joined 2013-2015!
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
I remember the first notn and the stress of 5 minute lag while just trying to get something that wasn't food or a trinket. We've gone a long way since then
I remember the first notn and the stress of 5 minute lag while just trying to get something that wasn't food or a trinket. We've gone a long way since then
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
[quote name="Hiros" date="2022-11-01 06:11:55" ] u know what i miss but actually shouldnt bc its not exactly a good thing? REGISTER WINDOWS. the party mode to welcome new people. everyone adopting newbies to help them learn how to play. the quiet camaraderie of meeting people that joined in the same day as you jun/2014 gang rise up!!!! [/quote] @Hiros June 2014 represent here! (I Changed my UN from JohWatsGoingOn to Grikka but my profile pic dragon is the same. Took a 2 year hiatus in 2019)
Hiros wrote on 2022-11-01 06:11:55:
u know what i miss but actually shouldnt bc its not exactly a good thing?

REGISTER WINDOWS. the party mode to welcome new people. everyone adopting newbies to help them learn how to play. the quiet camaraderie of meeting people that joined in the same day as you

jun/2014 gang rise up!!!!

@Hiros June 2014 represent here!

(I Changed my UN from JohWatsGoingOn to Grikka but my profile pic dragon is the same. Took a 2 year hiatus in 2019)
tumblr_nl33s8igUR1u3wsjco4_250.pngtumblr_n44y4ljVaJ1qiizr1o3_r1_400.gif
[quote name="Grikka" date="2022-11-08 03:06:37" ] [quote name="Hiros" date="2022-11-01 06:11:55" ] u know what i miss but actually shouldnt bc its not exactly a good thing? REGISTER WINDOWS. the party mode to welcome new people. everyone adopting newbies to help them learn how to play. the quiet camaraderie of meeting people that joined in the same day as you jun/2014 gang rise up!!!! [/quote] @Hiros June 2014 represent here! (I Changed my UN from JohWatsGoingOn to Grikka but my profile pic dragon is the same. Took a 2 year hiatus in 2019) [/quote] I also joined June 2014!
Grikka wrote on 2022-11-08 03:06:37:
Hiros wrote on 2022-11-01 06:11:55:
u know what i miss but actually shouldnt bc its not exactly a good thing?

REGISTER WINDOWS. the party mode to welcome new people. everyone adopting newbies to help them learn how to play. the quiet camaraderie of meeting people that joined in the same day as you

jun/2014 gang rise up!!!!

@Hiros June 2014 represent here!

(I Changed my UN from JohWatsGoingOn to Grikka but my profile pic dragon is the same. Took a 2 year hiatus in 2019)

I also joined June 2014!
i2_zpse5888f61.png i1_zps0a156dc3.png
i joined in october 2014, and it is pretty wild to consider that, oh yeah, even if i'm not a 2013 user my account is still older than many others'. the opal gene feels so new, but it came out in, what, 2017? i think i used to be active mostly in the roleplay forums/the original last post wins thread, now i just sort of. participate in the fest skincent contests and theme weeks. that's an interesting thing to think about too, how much i've improved from year to year with skincent submissions

i think my lair has mostly stayed the same, not in terms of individual dragons (only about 19 of my 98 dragons don't feel in some way 'new'), but in terms of vibes. i still have the same criteria for keeping dragons, same patchy amounts of lore (varying from a couple of lowercase informal paragraphs to some notes to none at all). also, in terms of space. i've been a mighty lair for, like, 7 years, only upgraded to the point of being a venerable lair relatively recently

sometimes i still think about the arcanist no thread
i joined in october 2014, and it is pretty wild to consider that, oh yeah, even if i'm not a 2013 user my account is still older than many others'. the opal gene feels so new, but it came out in, what, 2017? i think i used to be active mostly in the roleplay forums/the original last post wins thread, now i just sort of. participate in the fest skincent contests and theme weeks. that's an interesting thing to think about too, how much i've improved from year to year with skincent submissions

i think my lair has mostly stayed the same, not in terms of individual dragons (only about 19 of my 98 dragons don't feel in some way 'new'), but in terms of vibes. i still have the same criteria for keeping dragons, same patchy amounts of lore (varying from a couple of lowercase informal paragraphs to some notes to none at all). also, in terms of space. i've been a mighty lair for, like, 7 years, only upgraded to the point of being a venerable lair relatively recently

sometimes i still think about the arcanist no thread
Altered version of the 'Fancy Rat' item, edited to have a more blue colour scheme, grey/white husky colouring, and a pair of blue-tipped black crow wings + matching tail feathers. crow, they/them, fr+8
Pixel badges: Rat OwnerFallen London fandom
Rain World fandomGoth

current icon
[quote name="April" date="2022-11-04 05:00:57" ] You are old, April, the young players said And your hair is starting to go white Yet every day you play in the coli Do you think at your age this is right? [/quote] [emoji=tundra love size=2] "I have answered this question again and again," Said their grandma, "I've told you I do. And you know who decides if it is or is not? Most assuredly, me and not you." [quote name="April" date="2022-11-04 05:00:57" ] I've been enjoying FR for over 9 years so I guess you're never too old to love dragons. [/quote] Definitely not! -- Edit: Oops, forgot to ping @April
April wrote on 2022-11-04 05:00:57:
You are old, April, the young players said
And your hair is starting to go white
Yet every day you play in the coli
Do you think at your age this is right?

"I have answered this question again and again,"
Said their grandma, "I've told you I do.
And you know who decides if it is or is not?
Most assuredly, me and not you."

April wrote on 2022-11-04 05:00:57:
I've been enjoying FR for over 9 years so I guess you're never too old to love dragons.

Definitely not!

--

Edit: Oops, forgot to ping @April
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
I'm just old-old *laugh*
I'm just old-old *laugh*
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
no idea if people who joined in 2016 are old now but i've had someone tell me that i had 'aged pretty well' because i didn't really have a lot of familiars despite being here for over 6 years now.

its kinda weird because i took a lot of breaks when i first joined so i feel like i haven't been here for a long time but then i see how old my progens are now and i'm like 0_0
no idea if people who joined in 2016 are old now but i've had someone tell me that i had 'aged pretty well' because i didn't really have a lot of familiars despite being here for over 6 years now.

its kinda weird because i took a lot of breaks when i first joined so i feel like i haven't been here for a long time but then i see how old my progens are now and i'm like 0_0
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
I've been here for 6 years :)
I've been here for 6 years :)
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png