Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How did you start out?
What keeps me engaged the most is the custimization aspect and I really hope you guys continue to build on that in the future, you'd done a great job so far!
What keeps me engaged the most is the custimization aspect and I really hope you guys continue to build on that in the future, you'd done a great job so far!
I started out completely clueless. I was just like... DRAGONS

But as I evolved my lore and got more involved with the amazing community on here, I became hooked. Thank you for making such a great little website!
I started out completely clueless. I was just like... DRAGONS

But as I evolved my lore and got more involved with the amazing community on here, I became hooked. Thank you for making such a great little website!
looking for someone to make me a rainbow themed sig!
My friend (@tsunamiscale) was playing at lunch, and I listened while she explained the game to another friend of ours. I liked the art style, and it seemed interesting, but I have a hard time getting into things I don't discover myself. I resisted my friend's attempt to get me to join, and I eventually just gave in and made an account. Our lunch was almost over, so she rushed me through the tutorial and stuff (including making my progen, which I wish I had spent a little more time on haha) and said that she could explain anything I was confused about.

I didn't play much for the first week or so, but as I explored the site more I found more things to enjoy and explore. The color wheel expansion came out just a couple months after I joined, and it was a total surprise to me as at the time I hadn't been on the forums or checking the homepage at all.

One aspect of the site that I really enjoyed immediately was scrying and planning breeding projects. It took me a little while to figure out the color wheel and rarity tiers, but it's still one of my favorite parts of FR today. Even if cooldowns are frustrating sometimes. :P

Dragons have been one of my favorite aspects of fantasy for my whole life, and I was just so excited to be able to create and spoil my favorite creatures. Thank you so much for creating this awesome site! It's a wonderful, safe, creative place that I can turn to in order to relax, be creative, or just mess around. :) you guys rock
My friend (@tsunamiscale) was playing at lunch, and I listened while she explained the game to another friend of ours. I liked the art style, and it seemed interesting, but I have a hard time getting into things I don't discover myself. I resisted my friend's attempt to get me to join, and I eventually just gave in and made an account. Our lunch was almost over, so she rushed me through the tutorial and stuff (including making my progen, which I wish I had spent a little more time on haha) and said that she could explain anything I was confused about.

I didn't play much for the first week or so, but as I explored the site more I found more things to enjoy and explore. The color wheel expansion came out just a couple months after I joined, and it was a total surprise to me as at the time I hadn't been on the forums or checking the homepage at all.

One aspect of the site that I really enjoyed immediately was scrying and planning breeding projects. It took me a little while to figure out the color wheel and rarity tiers, but it's still one of my favorite parts of FR today. Even if cooldowns are frustrating sometimes. :P

Dragons have been one of my favorite aspects of fantasy for my whole life, and I was just so excited to be able to create and spoil my favorite creatures. Thank you so much for creating this awesome site! It's a wonderful, safe, creative place that I can turn to in order to relax, be creative, or just mess around. :) you guys rock
Pale Pink Rose
+2 hours, she/her :)
there is no 'r' in my user!
accent shop
wishlist
ISO aug 26 2023 hatches
I remember seeing something about the kickstarter before it launched, but missed out. I think I saw something on Facebook or reddit... I'm not sure. As soon as I saw it, I freaked out. Waited for registration and have been hooked since.

I have been obsessed with dragons since I was little, and this site was like a dream come true. And there is so much to do here. I stay because I have grown very attached to my dragons and their lore. It's helped me boost my creativity in writing and get better at it. However, my IRL spending problems are true for FR currency too lmao.

Things that set it apart? The layout is great. There's a lot to do. There are so many combinations of genes and colors and breeds that you can have unique dragons even with the site being open this long. The lore building is fun. The fact that updates are always happening makes me so happy. New apparel, familiars, genes, and even breeds! I love seeing the live updates. The admins and mods are actually involved in the forums. That's awesome. I just wish the gods were more active. It's neat seeing them peer into our little world. There's so much. I could go on and on.

One important thing. I usually get bored of websites like this pretty quickly. I have been on FR daily for almost 2 years! That is huge for me. Thanks for all you do. Admins and mods! <3
I remember seeing something about the kickstarter before it launched, but missed out. I think I saw something on Facebook or reddit... I'm not sure. As soon as I saw it, I freaked out. Waited for registration and have been hooked since.

I have been obsessed with dragons since I was little, and this site was like a dream come true. And there is so much to do here. I stay because I have grown very attached to my dragons and their lore. It's helped me boost my creativity in writing and get better at it. However, my IRL spending problems are true for FR currency too lmao.

Things that set it apart? The layout is great. There's a lot to do. There are so many combinations of genes and colors and breeds that you can have unique dragons even with the site being open this long. The lore building is fun. The fact that updates are always happening makes me so happy. New apparel, familiars, genes, and even breeds! I love seeing the live updates. The admins and mods are actually involved in the forums. That's awesome. I just wish the gods were more active. It's neat seeing them peer into our little world. There's so much. I could go on and on.

One important thing. I usually get bored of websites like this pretty quickly. I have been on FR daily for almost 2 years! That is huge for me. Thanks for all you do. Admins and mods! <3
Oh, I have such a bad memory I'm not sure if I'm recalling it correctly, but I think I was looking up sites similar to Neopets (which is what I likely ended up typing into Google search verbatim), and Flight Rising had come up. Registration wasn't open, and I forgot about it for, say, a year and a half? Between years of highschool is all I remember.

I ended up signing up thanks to a friend who adores dragons and pet sites as much as I do; he sent me the link and said I should join. I remember going, "Hey, I know these guys!" lol I probably wouldn't have gotten too into it without my friend, because I wasn't a huge fan of Neopets which was, at the time, the only pet site I had played, and I just assumed all pet sites would play the same. But I stuck around, bought some dragons, and now here I am with my little village.

I'd say I stuck around primarily for the lore and the friends I've made along the way—friends who I met generally through the lore-writing/roleplaying community. I think by writing backstories for my dragons and being able to easily customize them (something that's generally hard to do in Neopets, I found), it made it easier to grow attached to them and made it harder to ever give them up!
Oh, I have such a bad memory I'm not sure if I'm recalling it correctly, but I think I was looking up sites similar to Neopets (which is what I likely ended up typing into Google search verbatim), and Flight Rising had come up. Registration wasn't open, and I forgot about it for, say, a year and a half? Between years of highschool is all I remember.

I ended up signing up thanks to a friend who adores dragons and pet sites as much as I do; he sent me the link and said I should join. I remember going, "Hey, I know these guys!" lol I probably wouldn't have gotten too into it without my friend, because I wasn't a huge fan of Neopets which was, at the time, the only pet site I had played, and I just assumed all pet sites would play the same. But I stuck around, bought some dragons, and now here I am with my little village.

I'd say I stuck around primarily for the lore and the friends I've made along the way—friends who I met generally through the lore-writing/roleplaying community. I think by writing backstories for my dragons and being able to easily customize them (something that's generally hard to do in Neopets, I found), it made it easier to grow attached to them and made it harder to ever give them up!
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
My frined @/SourPlacebo from twitter, who I know through Artix Entertainment: Hey look at these cool dragons you can make in dragon neopets!
Me: Cool, I'll check it out.

_two years later_

Me: ... Heck.
My frined @/SourPlacebo from twitter, who I know through Artix Entertainment: Hey look at these cool dragons you can make in dragon neopets!
Me: Cool, I'll check it out.

_two years later_

Me: ... Heck.
V2JLSpi.png0uebEKY.pngimage.pngimage.pngBsom7I2.pngjnEhDH9.pngX7H4JZX.pngnF1ESUZ.pngBadnwzE.png aa
Luteia // 21+ // fae|faer or he|him

Ping me to get my attention!

Nature // Shadow // FR Time
aa qA4DWTW.png
Kairo introduced me to Flight Rising (they learned about it from another site and waiting for a short while to register). And I had no idea what to do back then. So I kind of forgot about it and just went back to doing whatever I was interested in at the time. Kairo then told me something along the lines of "your dragons are starving!" and "can I use your account? You never play." Yeah, I had a hard time getting in to it.

One of my main problems was money. I had no idea how to get a good amount of it, so 15kT to me was on the lines of "I have a lot of money, I feel proud of myself." and "the apparel here is so expensive, this game has got to make some changes soon." I also had no idea about the Gem Marketplace until a few months later.

As I ventured into the forums of Flight Rising, I noticed one thing- the community was awesome (and still is, of course). After looking about, I decided to get more into Flight Rising, and I can proudly say I am deep in this wonderful dragon hell.

Now that I think about it... was the person who introduced Kairo to Flight Rising advertising for referrals?
Kairo introduced me to Flight Rising (they learned about it from another site and waiting for a short while to register). And I had no idea what to do back then. So I kind of forgot about it and just went back to doing whatever I was interested in at the time. Kairo then told me something along the lines of "your dragons are starving!" and "can I use your account? You never play." Yeah, I had a hard time getting in to it.

One of my main problems was money. I had no idea how to get a good amount of it, so 15kT to me was on the lines of "I have a lot of money, I feel proud of myself." and "the apparel here is so expensive, this game has got to make some changes soon." I also had no idea about the Gem Marketplace until a few months later.

As I ventured into the forums of Flight Rising, I noticed one thing- the community was awesome (and still is, of course). After looking about, I decided to get more into Flight Rising, and I can proudly say I am deep in this wonderful dragon hell.

Now that I think about it... was the person who introduced Kairo to Flight Rising advertising for referrals?
0a50f0c310.png
» Physik | FR +2
» Outfits | Scatter
A friend of mine asked me to join around Arcane's first festival, but I thought I wouldn't stay, so I didn't joined until late 2014. (could had gotten my sprites earlier, damn it)
I was in Arcane, and found another belgian player in the forums. We had the chance to meet up during a convention some months later, and I still am in contact with him, even though he left the website.
It's been 2 years I'm here, I've meet amazing friends, but I'm honestly running out of reasons to stay now. I have a few gen ones project I want to finish, but it's not making it for me anymore. I wish we could interact more with Sornieth's world.
A friend of mine asked me to join around Arcane's first festival, but I thought I wouldn't stay, so I didn't joined until late 2014. (could had gotten my sprites earlier, damn it)
I was in Arcane, and found another belgian player in the forums. We had the chance to meet up during a convention some months later, and I still am in contact with him, even though he left the website.
It's been 2 years I'm here, I've meet amazing friends, but I'm honestly running out of reasons to stay now. I have a few gen ones project I want to finish, but it's not making it for me anymore. I wish we could interact more with Sornieth's world.
tumblr_ozc9mxtgb51udi2fqo2_r1_500.png

Art by draconoblade
I was into Undel's how-to-draw books and eventually found her website NeonDragonArt(which is gone now). For what seemed like years I would see a little button in the bottom that said "Flight Rising Coming Soon!" At first I went back every day thinking it was something that was near completion, like the start of a comic. Gradually I checked less and less often, and finally assumed it was an abandoned project and forgot about it.

I don't remember how I found out about the site, I missed the Kickstarter, but got what seemed to be the first public registration window back in June '13. I remember creating my progen and thinking "I wish there were more colors, I need a darker red." I'm among the few players who swear up and down there was a box to pick a tert color on progen creation. Nothing changed so I set it back to maize and continued on. Guess it was a weird warped memory from the scry or soemthing? After getting my progens and selecting my Flight I set a nest and promptly forgot about the game for..........2 years. Something reminded me the game existed and I went back and have been here ever since!

No other pet/game site has ever held my attention like Flight Rising. I love dragons so a game that was all about breeding dragons was bound to be interesting to me but there was something more. Sornieth lore was interesting, individual dragon lore was unique. The art was absolutely stunning and still amazes me today. The community is welcoming and just as open to teens as it is to adults. The staff are so laid back and friendly, while staying firm to established rules as needed. Breeding beautiful dragons, writing lore, creating fanart, training in the coliseum, and working on a particular dragons backstory, personality, and role in the clan keep me glued to this site above nearly all others (reddit being the only one that tops it).
I was into Undel's how-to-draw books and eventually found her website NeonDragonArt(which is gone now). For what seemed like years I would see a little button in the bottom that said "Flight Rising Coming Soon!" At first I went back every day thinking it was something that was near completion, like the start of a comic. Gradually I checked less and less often, and finally assumed it was an abandoned project and forgot about it.

I don't remember how I found out about the site, I missed the Kickstarter, but got what seemed to be the first public registration window back in June '13. I remember creating my progen and thinking "I wish there were more colors, I need a darker red." I'm among the few players who swear up and down there was a box to pick a tert color on progen creation. Nothing changed so I set it back to maize and continued on. Guess it was a weird warped memory from the scry or soemthing? After getting my progens and selecting my Flight I set a nest and promptly forgot about the game for..........2 years. Something reminded me the game existed and I went back and have been here ever since!

No other pet/game site has ever held my attention like Flight Rising. I love dragons so a game that was all about breeding dragons was bound to be interesting to me but there was something more. Sornieth lore was interesting, individual dragon lore was unique. The art was absolutely stunning and still amazes me today. The community is welcoming and just as open to teens as it is to adults. The staff are so laid back and friendly, while staying firm to established rules as needed. Breeding beautiful dragons, writing lore, creating fanart, training in the coliseum, and working on a particular dragons backstory, personality, and role in the clan keep me glued to this site above nearly all others (reddit being the only one that tops it).
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Friend of mine messeged a bunch of us and was all "here's a dragon game, join it" and I was all "okay done".

What keeps me around is the familiar collecting, dragon projects and the community. I like how registration is closed most of the time. Makes it so we don't get many spammers / spam accounts.

I wish there were more wide spread / full scale events where it involves everyone on the site to work together.

The bestiary needs a make over too, cannot wait for that.
Friend of mine messeged a bunch of us and was all "here's a dragon game, join it" and I was all "okay done".

What keeps me around is the familiar collecting, dragon projects and the community. I like how registration is closed most of the time. Makes it so we don't get many spammers / spam accounts.

I wish there were more wide spread / full scale events where it involves everyone on the site to work together.

The bestiary needs a make over too, cannot wait for that.