Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How did you start out?
Trying a bit of an open prompt:

How did you get interested in Flight Rising? How did you start out? What continues to keep you engaged in the community? Are there any facets of Flight Rising that you feel set it apart from other activity/game sites in the same genre?

Our development team always loves hearing these stories, because they help us tap into the enjoyment and culture of the site - something that is incredibly important to its ongoing evolution.
Trying a bit of an open prompt:

How did you get interested in Flight Rising? How did you start out? What continues to keep you engaged in the community? Are there any facets of Flight Rising that you feel set it apart from other activity/game sites in the same genre?

Our development team always loves hearing these stories, because they help us tap into the enjoyment and culture of the site - something that is incredibly important to its ongoing evolution.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
I started out by hearing about the site on tumblr, via a Neopets tag I was on at the time. I think someone from staff was raffling out a Gen1 Imp for people who joined or something. I'm not sure on the details but I didn't bookmark the page or anything so I didn't come in until later in the sites history (OTL).

I remembered just randomly one day about it and checked in and I was lucky to find open registration.

I hiatus randomly due to one reason or another but I always come back and jump right back in! That's just part of my nature, though, because I cycle through a couple of games and only focus on one at a time. As long as you're in the community or have things you want to accomplish, the site is ALWAYS entertaining.

I really enjoy the breeding aspect of the site and the fact that it isn't a total money grab like any of the others I used to frequent. Plus, it just has more of the natural feel (as much as dragons can have, yknow?). I absolutely LOVE the fact that we can interact with the staff/admins/artists through forums and they aren't just some entity to be feared. The festivals are a real draw, too!

I also like this idea. Though, you can't grow without some constructive critiques. Do you plan on running one of those as a prompt as well?
I started out by hearing about the site on tumblr, via a Neopets tag I was on at the time. I think someone from staff was raffling out a Gen1 Imp for people who joined or something. I'm not sure on the details but I didn't bookmark the page or anything so I didn't come in until later in the sites history (OTL).

I remembered just randomly one day about it and checked in and I was lucky to find open registration.

I hiatus randomly due to one reason or another but I always come back and jump right back in! That's just part of my nature, though, because I cycle through a couple of games and only focus on one at a time. As long as you're in the community or have things you want to accomplish, the site is ALWAYS entertaining.

I really enjoy the breeding aspect of the site and the fact that it isn't a total money grab like any of the others I used to frequent. Plus, it just has more of the natural feel (as much as dragons can have, yknow?). I absolutely LOVE the fact that we can interact with the staff/admins/artists through forums and they aren't just some entity to be feared. The festivals are a real draw, too!

I also like this idea. Though, you can't grow without some constructive critiques. Do you plan on running one of those as a prompt as well?
ystbqm3.png
i honestly don't know. many of my friends have told me, "hey kori! you should check this out!" and i couldn't because every single time i kept on missing. the. registration. window. but then in april i finally snagged it.

of course, i have a different idea in mind than what i have now thanks to me burning in dragon hell. i just wanted to enjoy the game. at first, it was just me collecting pretties. then i have my first lair purge, and i suddenly focused on collected what was 'pleasing' and what i also liked, but to a limitation of genes and what not. then i moved to nature from arcane, and to this day i still enjoy the same things from day 1.

what keeps me engaged are the dragons. they're the reason why flight rising exists in the first place, right? i'm a semi-gen 1 hoarder but i still love seeing other dragons and how people draw and write their stories down. Also the forums, because the community is very supportive and lovable <3

the thing that sets fr apart is probably from other dragon games i play is that there is no limit on what your dergs should look like. want it ugly? you got it. expensive as all hell? you got it. you can pull almost anyone from a game/tv show/etc and make them a dragon (with a few exceptions), and thats what i like about fr.
i honestly don't know. many of my friends have told me, "hey kori! you should check this out!" and i couldn't because every single time i kept on missing. the. registration. window. but then in april i finally snagged it.

of course, i have a different idea in mind than what i have now thanks to me burning in dragon hell. i just wanted to enjoy the game. at first, it was just me collecting pretties. then i have my first lair purge, and i suddenly focused on collected what was 'pleasing' and what i also liked, but to a limitation of genes and what not. then i moved to nature from arcane, and to this day i still enjoy the same things from day 1.

what keeps me engaged are the dragons. they're the reason why flight rising exists in the first place, right? i'm a semi-gen 1 hoarder but i still love seeing other dragons and how people draw and write their stories down. Also the forums, because the community is very supportive and lovable <3

the thing that sets fr apart is probably from other dragon games i play is that there is no limit on what your dergs should look like. want it ugly? you got it. expensive as all hell? you got it. you can pull almost anyone from a game/tv show/etc and make them a dragon (with a few exceptions), and thats what i like about fr.
nature.gif SKOGUR
they/them

wishlist
artshop
My friend introduce the site for me. Didn't catch my attention that much. I just signed up and then played the game every now and then. About a year after registration, I got more into the game. Well, dragons are great.
My friend introduce the site for me. Didn't catch my attention that much. I just signed up and then played the game every now and then. About a year after registration, I got more into the game. Well, dragons are great.
...why are people claiming
...why are people claiming
uAtpbsf.png
Dragons are a definite love in my life.
And I've searched for a long time for a sort of Neopets-like game.
I've tried plenty of other games like this, some that have been out much longer, some that are actually quite similar to FR. But there was always something I didn't like about the other sites. There wasn't an age restriction, the community was awful, your beloved pets could die, there wasn't much (or anything) in the way of customization, there was no breeding system... FR didn't have any of those problems. When I joined, everybody was so lovely. Every dragon was so different from one another, they wouldn't die from disease or old age, there are millions of different combinations when you include breeds, genders, genes, colors, apparel, and skins/accents. And it contained my favorite mythical animals: dragons! Since February of 2016, the community had always stayed lively and lovely, and it's the tons of great people to this day that still keeps me here. I pray I can say the same for years to come.
Dragons are a definite love in my life.
And I've searched for a long time for a sort of Neopets-like game.
I've tried plenty of other games like this, some that have been out much longer, some that are actually quite similar to FR. But there was always something I didn't like about the other sites. There wasn't an age restriction, the community was awful, your beloved pets could die, there wasn't much (or anything) in the way of customization, there was no breeding system... FR didn't have any of those problems. When I joined, everybody was so lovely. Every dragon was so different from one another, they wouldn't die from disease or old age, there are millions of different combinations when you include breeds, genders, genes, colors, apparel, and skins/accents. And it contained my favorite mythical animals: dragons! Since February of 2016, the community had always stayed lively and lovely, and it's the tons of great people to this day that still keeps me here. I pray I can say the same for years to come.
_com__vermiculus_by_lostumbreon-dceio9o.png
We were at the airport, and I was waiting for our flight. I had seen that it was delayed, and the coffee deprived me typed into the google search bar: "when is our flight arriving" but it came out as "when is our flight riving". This brought me to a link. Site overview. Flight rising. I was, to say the least, bored and intrigued, so I clicked. Lo and behold, it was D R A G O N S, one of this hominid's favorite things, so I waited for the June registration window of last year and joined. I was thrilled, to say the least when I started dressing my babes. My first flight was Water, and then I switched to Ice, with some coaxing from relatives. Once there, I began to hoard dragons and Black Waistcoats and descend into the REAL STUFF, otherwise known as the Coliseum, and Dominance. Man, I love wrecking and befriending monsters. After all that, I'm here, with my tiny boat, a lot of dragons, and even more good friends.

It's different in ways that I couldn't imagine, not some bland "collect pets and stare at them", but write lore, fight beastclans, play games that actually tie in to the game's plot well, etc. Needless to say, I'll be here for a while.
We were at the airport, and I was waiting for our flight. I had seen that it was delayed, and the coffee deprived me typed into the google search bar: "when is our flight arriving" but it came out as "when is our flight riving". This brought me to a link. Site overview. Flight rising. I was, to say the least, bored and intrigued, so I clicked. Lo and behold, it was D R A G O N S, one of this hominid's favorite things, so I waited for the June registration window of last year and joined. I was thrilled, to say the least when I started dressing my babes. My first flight was Water, and then I switched to Ice, with some coaxing from relatives. Once there, I began to hoard dragons and Black Waistcoats and descend into the REAL STUFF, otherwise known as the Coliseum, and Dominance. Man, I love wrecking and befriending monsters. After all that, I'm here, with my tiny boat, a lot of dragons, and even more good friends.

It's different in ways that I couldn't imagine, not some bland "collect pets and stare at them", but write lore, fight beastclans, play games that actually tie in to the game's plot well, etc. Needless to say, I'll be here for a while.
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

have U Girls hard of spice
xxx
xxx
So just some background, ever since I was a little child, I loved dragons. Dragons dragons dragons, they were my life. I loved to draw dragons, write about dragons, heck I even have a dragon mural on my bedroom wall. One of my first drawing books was "DragonArt" by NeonDragon, aka Undel. I love this book to death and used it so much! (@Undel thank you so much, your book was my childhood inspiration for drawing and art) fast forward a couple of years and I was browsing some art ideas and looking at all the cool dragon drawings. I somehow made it to deviantart and ended up on NeonDragons art. I realized this was the same artist as my beloved art book, and I went crazy since I loved their art so much. I looked at the account and all of the artwork, and I kept seeing the name Flight Rising come up in some of the descriptions. I was a bit confused but I decided to look it up. Also, take in mind that I love games as well, and had been recently really wanting a good dragon game, but never was able to find one that looked interesting. Ok, so I looked up Flight Rising, and lo and behold, IT WAS A DRAGON GAME! Litteraly I was so happy and it looked so cool. It had art, and dragons, and fantasy, and lore, and it was so perfect! For the next how many weeks, every day I checked to see if the registration widow was open, I read all of the encyclopedia entry's, watched the videos, etc. Then, actually the week of my birthday, it opened and I registered so fast. The rest is history I guess. I love my dragons to death, the community is so nice and supportive, and I just love the whole concept of the game. There is literally no game out there that is up to par with FR. I will probably stay forever.. haha.... stuck in dragon hell
So just some background, ever since I was a little child, I loved dragons. Dragons dragons dragons, they were my life. I loved to draw dragons, write about dragons, heck I even have a dragon mural on my bedroom wall. One of my first drawing books was "DragonArt" by NeonDragon, aka Undel. I love this book to death and used it so much! (@Undel thank you so much, your book was my childhood inspiration for drawing and art) fast forward a couple of years and I was browsing some art ideas and looking at all the cool dragon drawings. I somehow made it to deviantart and ended up on NeonDragons art. I realized this was the same artist as my beloved art book, and I went crazy since I loved their art so much. I looked at the account and all of the artwork, and I kept seeing the name Flight Rising come up in some of the descriptions. I was a bit confused but I decided to look it up. Also, take in mind that I love games as well, and had been recently really wanting a good dragon game, but never was able to find one that looked interesting. Ok, so I looked up Flight Rising, and lo and behold, IT WAS A DRAGON GAME! Litteraly I was so happy and it looked so cool. It had art, and dragons, and fantasy, and lore, and it was so perfect! For the next how many weeks, every day I checked to see if the registration widow was open, I read all of the encyclopedia entry's, watched the videos, etc. Then, actually the week of my birthday, it opened and I registered so fast. The rest is history I guess. I love my dragons to death, the community is so nice and supportive, and I just love the whole concept of the game. There is literally no game out there that is up to par with FR. I will probably stay forever.. haha.... stuck in dragon hell
@VeiledOverdose dragged me here, and now I am trapped, and there is nothing I can do about it.
@VeiledOverdose dragged me here, and now I am trapped, and there is nothing I can do about it.
I heard about FR from a friend. It was Welcome Week, so I decided to sign up, figuring I would probably end up becoming disinterested in the site anyways. But the art was great and everyone was really nice and gave me pretty dragons and stuff, and I ended up becoming addicted to collecting pixel dragons!
I heard about FR from a friend. It was Welcome Week, so I decided to sign up, figuring I would probably end up becoming disinterested in the site anyways. But the art was great and everyone was really nice and gave me pretty dragons and stuff, and I ended up becoming addicted to collecting pixel dragons!
PQznZys.png