Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How did you start out?
I remember first hearing about FR while playing on another pet site. Chicken Smoothie, I think it was? I saw a skydancer in someone's signature and thought, "Hey, that looks pretty neat." So I clicked on it, and it took me to FR. Luckily, registration was open at that time so I joined immediately.

Starting out, I remember buying as many dragons as I could. I had a thread up in the Find a Dragon thread. The second I saw a pretty one I made sure to nab it, and if I didn't have enough treasure I would run off to the Fairgrounds and scramble to make enough to get the dragon, ahaha. that was around the time i realized that lair space was most definitely not infinite

The reason I stay on FR is probably mostly because of the awesome community. Seriously–no other site that I've seen so far has such a kind and generous user base. I also stay for the dragons, of course. I love playing around with different genes, colors, and breeds to find what looks best.

What sets FR apart from other sites, in my opinion, is (again) the incredible community. Just about every other site I've been to has had communities that aren't that great, so I didn't stick around for too long. But FR has yet to drive me off.
I remember first hearing about FR while playing on another pet site. Chicken Smoothie, I think it was? I saw a skydancer in someone's signature and thought, "Hey, that looks pretty neat." So I clicked on it, and it took me to FR. Luckily, registration was open at that time so I joined immediately.

Starting out, I remember buying as many dragons as I could. I had a thread up in the Find a Dragon thread. The second I saw a pretty one I made sure to nab it, and if I didn't have enough treasure I would run off to the Fairgrounds and scramble to make enough to get the dragon, ahaha. that was around the time i realized that lair space was most definitely not infinite

The reason I stay on FR is probably mostly because of the awesome community. Seriously–no other site that I've seen so far has such a kind and generous user base. I also stay for the dragons, of course. I love playing around with different genes, colors, and breeds to find what looks best.

What sets FR apart from other sites, in my opinion, is (again) the incredible community. Just about every other site I've been to has had communities that aren't that great, so I didn't stick around for too long. But FR has yet to drive me off.
uAtpbsf.png
I first saw Flight Rising on Ovipets from a Flight Rising group. I remember the Flamecaller and the Earthshaker were featured in that group, and I thought they looked cool. I also saw someone post on Deviantart about the registration window, but I missed it. I finally was able to join in November 2015, and I don't regret it one bit.
I first saw Flight Rising on Ovipets from a Flight Rising group. I remember the Flamecaller and the Earthshaker were featured in that group, and I thought they looked cool. I also saw someone post on Deviantart about the registration window, but I missed it. I finally was able to join in November 2015, and I don't regret it one bit.
screenshot_750_1__1__by_serisnake-dbvnplu.png
[quote name="Amyatzu" date=2017-08-09 15:19:42] We were at the airport, and I was waiting for our flight. I had seen that it was delayed, and the coffee deprived me typed into the google search bar: "when is our flight arriving" but it came out as "when is our flight riving". This brought me to a link. Site overview. Flight rising. I was, to say the least, bored and intrigued, so I clicked. Lo and behold, it was D R A G O N S, one of this hominid's favorite things, so I waited for the June registration window of last year and joined. I was thrilled, to say the least when I started dressing my babes. My first flight was Water, and then I switched to Ice, with some coaxing from relatives. Once there, I began to hoard dragons and Black Waistcoats and descend into the REAL STUFF, otherwise known as the Coliseum, and Dominance. Man, I love wrecking and befriending monsters. After all that, I'm here, with my tiny boat, a lot of dragons, and even more good friends. [/quote] @Amyatzu Oh wow, you have got to be kidding me! That's incredible. Thanks for sticking around!
Amyatzu wrote on 2017-08-09:
We were at the airport, and I was waiting for our flight. I had seen that it was delayed, and the coffee deprived me typed into the google search bar: "when is our flight arriving" but it came out as "when is our flight riving". This brought me to a link. Site overview. Flight rising. I was, to say the least, bored and intrigued, so I clicked. Lo and behold, it was D R A G O N S, one of this hominid's favorite things, so I waited for the June registration window of last year and joined. I was thrilled, to say the least when I started dressing my babes. My first flight was Water, and then I switched to Ice, with some coaxing from relatives. Once there, I began to hoard dragons and Black Waistcoats and descend into the REAL STUFF, otherwise known as the Coliseum, and Dominance. Man, I love wrecking and befriending monsters. After all that, I'm here, with my tiny boat, a lot of dragons, and even more good friends.

@Amyatzu

Oh wow, you have got to be kidding me! That's incredible. Thanks for sticking around!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
I got interested in FR back when the registration was only open on certain dates rather than during Welcome Week, I think. At first I was just curious because I love dragons and it seemed like a game with an active community.

I stayed because of the active community as well! Be it forums, dom pushes or festivals, FR is actually alive and has many active players. Some sites have a large community but the forums are barely active, and FR just doesn't have that - the forums are a big part of the game.

I also love the whole apparel concept and how well it works <3
I got interested in FR back when the registration was only open on certain dates rather than during Welcome Week, I think. At first I was just curious because I love dragons and it seemed like a game with an active community.

I stayed because of the active community as well! Be it forums, dom pushes or festivals, FR is actually alive and has many active players. Some sites have a large community but the forums are barely active, and FR just doesn't have that - the forums are a big part of the game.

I also love the whole apparel concept and how well it works <3
What's up with claiming spots? This isn't a forum game where the order of posts means something, it's a discussion thread. Just post when you're done typing.
What's up with claiming spots? This isn't a forum game where the order of posts means something, it's a discussion thread. Just post when you're done typing.
I found out about flight rising through the YouTube Pet simmer Julie @/raffle. I was really into neopets at the time (last summer!) And i was looking for another browser based game that was similar because neopets is obviously not active anymore. I started following flight rising on Facebook to stay up to date with the registration windows. I was able to create an account last August.
I found out about flight rising through the YouTube Pet simmer Julie @/raffle. I was really into neopets at the time (last summer!) And i was looking for another browser based game that was similar because neopets is obviously not active anymore. I started following flight rising on Facebook to stay up to date with the registration windows. I was able to create an account last August.
ACDRIpg.png
TO5f5vS.png
gVI5OAO.png
LTm7UbO.png

mlHpBMC.png
Y3tHz6g.png
rix3ppo.png
plague.gif
I don't know exactly what brought me here! I remember seeing a couple friends sharing their dragons on tumblr, but I don't remember how I ended up checking out the site myself. I was kidnapped and I just woke up here I don't know where I am
I don't know exactly what brought me here! I remember seeing a couple friends sharing their dragons on tumblr, but I don't remember how I ended up checking out the site myself. I was kidnapped and I just woke up here I don't know where I am
@Xhaztol

No problem, I plan to stay for a good while. I haven't even reached my full potential *cackling*
@Xhaztol

No problem, I plan to stay for a good while. I haven't even reached my full potential *cackling*
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

have U Girls hard of spice
xxx
xxx
I don't exactly remember, but I think through Tumblr? Maybe I saw dragons and it was tagged Flight Rising - or maybe I actually saw a post of the official Tumblr through my recommended?
It's a mystery.
And then I dragged @Cassinie in a few days after I registered in June 2013.
Now, in 2017, I dragged in both @Naohkoh and @meowdoleon :'))
I don't exactly remember, but I think through Tumblr? Maybe I saw dragons and it was tagged Flight Rising - or maybe I actually saw a post of the official Tumblr through my recommended?
It's a mystery.
And then I dragged @Cassinie in a few days after I registered in June 2013.
Now, in 2017, I dragged in both @Naohkoh and @meowdoleon :'))
Renard(e) || Pronouns; iel or they
Host of the Fireworks Median system
FR Time +3 || French and English speaker || 25+
- Current hyperfixation : Saint Seiya -
(Autistic, so I'm super sorry if I say weird things at times!)
@Zyxyz introduced me to the site in July 2013. At first, I just used it as a way to look at their dragons, because I didn't know how to play. When I went to visit them in December 2014, they taught me how to play, and that's when I became an active user. What keeps me interested is the familiars and the festivals. What I'd love to see is NotN familiars based off the unused runes in the Arcanist fairgrounds game, like Time and Chaos and Metal.
@Zyxyz introduced me to the site in July 2013. At first, I just used it as a way to look at their dragons, because I didn't know how to play. When I went to visit them in December 2014, they taught me how to play, and that's when I became an active user. What keeps me interested is the familiars and the festivals. What I'd love to see is NotN familiars based off the unused runes in the Arcanist fairgrounds game, like Time and Chaos and Metal.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png