Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | New Genes Arrive!
I loved the preview image of the mirrors and was saddened to see how the other breeds didn't hold up against it after I looked through them. I'm so glad FR staff decided to look at user feed back on this gene and fix it up. Loving the revisions so far!
I loved the preview image of the mirrors and was saddened to see how the other breeds didn't hold up against it after I looked through them. I'm so glad FR staff decided to look at user feed back on this gene and fix it up. Loving the revisions so far!
qXtt9fI.pngtA0uAbH.pngpYyjmYQ.png
Excellent, even MORE GENES TO ADD TO MY SHOPPING LIST!

These do look super great though omg.
Excellent, even MORE GENES TO ADD TO MY SHOPPING LIST!

These do look super great though omg.
omg it's so pretty!!
omg it's so pretty!!
ZXlvG.gif
These genes are absolutely gorgeous! Love the names for them too! : D
These genes are absolutely gorgeous! Love the names for them too! : D
GENES!
GENES!
[quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date=2016-06-25 15:41:24] Anyways, as they are changing the gene, I have one thing to say before they change the tundras. Fur does not work like that! The scribbles in the mane look awful, if you listen to anything I say, please be this: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/6ed9dec52904f126ac5254ad0a6b9b40.png[/img] Do streaks. It has not been done in any other gene and actually makes sense with fur. [/quote] ooo i like the streaks idea! the squiggles aren't bad, they just don't work with fur imo and the streaks seem to go with the gene well/while being unique to it.
SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2016-06-25:

Anyways, as they are changing the gene, I have one thing to say before they change the tundras. Fur does not work like that! The scribbles in the mane look awful, if you listen to anything I say, please be this:

6ed9dec52904f126ac5254ad0a6b9b40.png

Do streaks. It has not been done in any other gene and actually makes sense with fur.

ooo i like the streaks idea! the squiggles aren't bad, they just don't work with fur imo and the streaks seem to go with the gene well/while being unique to it.
[quote name="Harpuia" date=2016-06-25 13:54:00] Gene releases are always a nice little surprise! You guys rock for providing new content and listening to criticism, too bad you can't please everyone. I enjoy that there is more variety for designing our dragons, sometimes I find a new gene isn't all that pleasing until the right color/gene combination pops up. (it happens to me alot) I put Jupiter on one of mine and I love it! [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/244659/24465803_350.png[/img] [/quote] @Harpuia That is such a pretty girl. :D
Harpuia wrote on 2016-06-25:
Gene releases are always a nice little surprise! You guys rock for providing new content and listening to criticism, too bad you can't please everyone. I enjoy that there is more variety for designing our dragons, sometimes I find a new gene isn't all that pleasing until the right color/gene combination pops up. (it happens to me alot)

I put Jupiter on one of mine and I love it!

24465803_350.png

@Harpuia

That is such a pretty girl. :D
YVJY8Ut.png sh5xjiu.png
uY2YPWr.png
eswSnrS.png
UeSE1vI.png
eqbW1c0.png
HJLIYn4.png
EB9jVcQ.png
SBaWSbL.png
y41plqc.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="Hol" date=2016-06-25 23:33:29] [quote]Rather, it's them that should be thankful most people are willing to stick around after that blatant display of disrespect.[/quote] lol, releasing a gene that isn't up to the highest of Deviantart quality standards is a "blatant display of disrespect" now. The gene is okay. No one is demanding you like it, or buy it. You should not demand that it cater to you, no one should. [/quote] Yeah. Serving the people who are monetarily supporting you sub-par content is disrespectful. And, actually, [i]yeah[/i], when I'm doing stuff to pay someone's paycheck I expect that they do their best instead of giving us things that are just "okay".
Hol wrote on 2016-06-25:
Quote:
Rather, it's them that should be thankful most people are willing to stick around after that blatant display of disrespect.

lol, releasing a gene that isn't up to the highest of Deviantart quality standards is a "blatant display of disrespect" now.

The gene is okay. No one is demanding you like it, or buy it. You should not demand that it cater to you, no one should.

Yeah. Serving the people who are monetarily supporting you sub-par content is disrespectful. And, actually, yeah, when I'm doing stuff to pay someone's paycheck I expect that they do their best instead of giving us things that are just "okay".
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
@Determination That's what I thought at first about the new genes too, until I scryed this on my new GenOne: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=14&breed=12&element=6&gender=1&tert=77&tertgene=0&winggene=15&wings=97&auth=b5606c2c68c61ca8ed2584e9c991c75c490a7275&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I hope you find a dragon that makes you like these genes as well! :D
@Determination

That's what I thought at first about the new genes too, until I scryed this on my new GenOne:

dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=14&breed=12&element=6&gender=1&tert=77&tertgene=0&winggene=15&wings=97&auth=b5606c2c68c61ca8ed2584e9c991c75c490a7275&dummyext=prev.png

I hope you find a dragon that makes you like these genes as well! :D
[quote name="avey" date=2016-06-26 07:36:58] [quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date=2016-06-25 15:41:24] Anyways, as they are changing the gene, I have one thing to say before they change the tundras. Fur does not work like that! The scribbles in the mane look awful, if you listen to anything I say, please be this: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/6ed9dec52904f126ac5254ad0a6b9b40.png[/img] Do streaks. It has not been done in any other gene and actually makes sense with fur. [/quote] ooo i like the streaks idea! the squiggles aren't bad, they just don't work with fur imo and the streaks seem to go with the gene well/while being unique to it. [/quote] Looks like they used this idea!
avey wrote on 2016-06-26:
SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2016-06-25:

Anyways, as they are changing the gene, I have one thing to say before they change the tundras. Fur does not work like that! The scribbles in the mane look awful, if you listen to anything I say, please be this:

6ed9dec52904f126ac5254ad0a6b9b40.png

Do streaks. It has not been done in any other gene and actually makes sense with fur.

ooo i like the streaks idea! the squiggles aren't bad, they just don't work with fur imo and the streaks seem to go with the gene well/while being unique to it.

Looks like they used this idea!
RG3SXKP.png