Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | New Genes Arrive!
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 86 87
[quote name="McAlli" date=2016-06-26 11:12:18] [quote name="Hol" date=2016-06-25 23:33:29] [quote]Rather, it's them that should be thankful most people are willing to stick around after that blatant display of disrespect.[/quote] lol, releasing a gene that isn't up to the highest of Deviantart quality standards is a "blatant display of disrespect" now. The gene is okay. No one is demanding you like it, or buy it. You should not demand that it cater to you, no one should. [/quote] Yeah. Serving the people who are monetarily supporting you sub-par content is disrespectful. And, actually, [i]yeah[/i], when I'm doing stuff to pay someone's paycheck I expect that they do their best instead of giving us things that are just "okay". [/quote] [sub]Coming from you, it isn't surprising you'd think this[/sub] They can't please every dang person on site. I hate Stained. But I don't think it's "sub-par", just a bit pricey for what it does. Not only are these treasure genes, which do not require money to be involved at all, but if you don't like them you don't have to buy them, rather than decide your opinion is world law. "I don't like it, so it must be bad!" I love these genes, other people love these genes. Just because a hand full don't like them doesn't mean they're going to completely change everything. Edit: They are making all the breeds have tight lines like the female Mirrors do, so if that doesn't please you, you should find a different site that bends over backwards for all the users that complain.
McAlli wrote on 2016-06-26:
Hol wrote on 2016-06-25:
Quote:
Rather, it's them that should be thankful most people are willing to stick around after that blatant display of disrespect.

lol, releasing a gene that isn't up to the highest of Deviantart quality standards is a "blatant display of disrespect" now.

The gene is okay. No one is demanding you like it, or buy it. You should not demand that it cater to you, no one should.

Yeah. Serving the people who are monetarily supporting you sub-par content is disrespectful. And, actually, yeah, when I'm doing stuff to pay someone's paycheck I expect that they do their best instead of giving us things that are just "okay".

Coming from you, it isn't surprising you'd think this

They can't please every dang person on site. I hate Stained. But I don't think it's "sub-par", just a bit pricey for what it does.

Not only are these treasure genes, which do not require money to be involved at all, but if you don't like them you don't have to buy them, rather than decide your opinion is world law. "I don't like it, so it must be bad!" I love these genes, other people love these genes. Just because a hand full don't like them doesn't mean they're going to completely change everything.

Edit: They are making all the breeds have tight lines like the female Mirrors do, so if that doesn't please you, you should find a different site that bends over backwards for all the users that complain.
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
[quote date=2016-06-25 19:00:38] [quote name="vriskittles" date=2016-06-25 17:22:41] [quote name="Undel" date=2016-06-25 06:27:31] The markings on this will be tightened up a bit in a future update. :) [/quote] for all y'all still bein' salty [/quote] Still don't look good lol [/quote] For the love of god, that is your opinion, not everyone's. Am I the only one sick of everyone acting as though their opinion on here is gold? You don't like the genes? Fine. You still don't like them even after fixing? Fine. This does not mean they're absolute dung. This does not mean the artists of FR are "lazy". This does not mean they should throw these new genes in the garbage. Some people like to see more "simple" genes. Some people like more flashy genes. Some people like more complex genes. Get over it. They're not going to throw out these genes just because some of you whine about it. I personally adore these genes, both before and after their change. I'll miss the giant lines and spacing on some breeds, but I do like that they'll all look more similar now. Thank you for this, Undel, and all the artists behind this!
Quote:
vriskittles wrote on 2016-06-25:
Undel wrote on 2016-06-25:
The markings on this will be tightened up a bit in a future update. :)

for all y'all still bein' salty

Still don't look good lol

For the love of god, that is your opinion, not everyone's. Am I the only one sick of everyone acting as though their opinion on here is gold? You don't like the genes? Fine. You still don't like them even after fixing? Fine. This does not mean they're absolute dung. This does not mean the artists of FR are "lazy". This does not mean they should throw these new genes in the garbage. Some people like to see more "simple" genes. Some people like more flashy genes. Some people like more complex genes. Get over it. They're not going to throw out these genes just because some of you whine about it.

I personally adore these genes, both before and after their change. I'll miss the giant lines and spacing on some breeds, but I do like that they'll all look more similar now. Thank you for this, Undel, and all the artists behind this!
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
I'm kind of disappointed in the changes. I was considering the old version for a couple of my G1s, and the new version no longer really gets at what I wanted for those dragons. One of them might still work (I'm sad that if I give her Saturn now it won't match the marking size of her planned Poison primary, but I still love what it would do with her colors), but the other probably not. And half the reason I even bought him was that male mirror Jupiter/Saturn on his colors looked like fire and I liked the effect--it kind of does now, but it's not nearly as bold as I wanted it to be. I wish I'd at least saved the preview image, I really liked it.

I'll probably find other dragons that only the new version works on, I know. But I'm sad that I have to scrap the plans I already had.

I just feel sorry for anyone who already put the genes on a dragon. Even if the replacement pattern looks better in general, it's not necessarily what they wanted when they gened that particular dragon.
I'm kind of disappointed in the changes. I was considering the old version for a couple of my G1s, and the new version no longer really gets at what I wanted for those dragons. One of them might still work (I'm sad that if I give her Saturn now it won't match the marking size of her planned Poison primary, but I still love what it would do with her colors), but the other probably not. And half the reason I even bought him was that male mirror Jupiter/Saturn on his colors looked like fire and I liked the effect--it kind of does now, but it's not nearly as bold as I wanted it to be. I wish I'd at least saved the preview image, I really liked it.

I'll probably find other dragons that only the new version works on, I know. But I'm sad that I have to scrap the plans I already had.

I just feel sorry for anyone who already put the genes on a dragon. Even if the replacement pattern looks better in general, it's not necessarily what they wanted when they gened that particular dragon.
1ezfoMg.png Fxte6bi.jpg 59TgHaL.png
oh thank you the updated versions look so much better n___n

my face when scrying went from o_o; on day 1 to 8D! right now
oh thank you the updated versions look so much better n___n

my face when scrying went from o_o; on day 1 to 8D! right now
JqmjqQW.pngAWAnvtM.png
Ahh, I like the changes, at least what I've seen of them so far!
Ahh, I like the changes, at least what I've seen of them so far!
neutralvs1.pngWVTSPY.pngneutralvs1.png
The old version would definitely improve one of my Coatls, the new version... probably not. :(
The old version would definitely improve one of my Coatls, the new version... probably not. :(
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
Yesss, more treasure genes. Also the additional vistas are lovely!
Yesss, more treasure genes. Also the additional vistas are lovely!
Oh wow the tundras look SO much better. No more gigantic loophole pattern~ They even took the fan suggestion of streaks in the mane.

Can anyone tell me which breeds have been fixed so far?
Oh wow the tundras look SO much better. No more gigantic loophole pattern~ They even took the fan suggestion of streaks in the mane.

Can anyone tell me which breeds have been fixed so far?
tumblr_ou6l6ehqpW1v9fmlwo7_r1_400.png tumblr_odifu3YDM01v9fmlwo6_r2_250.png
Kinda sad to see the new Saturn on Male Tundra, to be honest. Loved the squiggles in the mane, sad to see them go (though I realize that’s an unpopular vote). The stripes are very subtle and it doesn't seem to have the same tonal value as the wings, which have a much heavier pattern.

But it doesn’t effect me too much, I guess, as I only had one Tundra I would have put Saturn on anyway. And the new Jupiter (which I still love) will still work for a few of them.

On the up side, I no longer feel the need to re-gene half my lair, so that’s good! ^^
Kinda sad to see the new Saturn on Male Tundra, to be honest. Loved the squiggles in the mane, sad to see them go (though I realize that’s an unpopular vote). The stripes are very subtle and it doesn't seem to have the same tonal value as the wings, which have a much heavier pattern.

But it doesn’t effect me too much, I guess, as I only had one Tundra I would have put Saturn on anyway. And the new Jupiter (which I still love) will still work for a few of them.

On the up side, I no longer feel the need to re-gene half my lair, so that’s good! ^^
Image of a wolf, links to the LorWolf signup page.
@SummerStorm I think right now it's Mirrors, Pearlcatchers, Tundras and Wildclaws!

I'll get used to and probably re-fall in love with these, but I'm still really wondering why they were released unfinished?
@SummerStorm I think right now it's Mirrors, Pearlcatchers, Tundras and Wildclaws!

I'll get used to and probably re-fall in love with these, but I'm still really wondering why they were released unfinished?
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 86 87