Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gene Name Changes
1 2 3 4 5
Support. While I appreciate staff saying they'll work further on this, this update doesn't actually help me sort any better and I'll likely still type "fade" and click through a couple pages to find the type I need rather than memorizing and typing out "primary gene: fade"
Support. While I appreciate staff saying they'll work further on this, this update doesn't actually help me sort any better and I'll likely still type "fade" and click through a couple pages to find the type I need rather than memorizing and typing out "primary gene: fade"
uCEnQTB.gif
Citrusly • She/Her • FR+0
I don't support you solution on it's own, but it would be a good QoL on top of the planned name change.

The reason I'd still want the name change is the way the AH button in the Game Database works: it simply searches the relevant tab for the full name of the item. Without the name change, you'd still have the exact same problem of "Primary Gene: Fade" showing results for all breeds before manually restricting the search.
I don't support you solution on it's own, but it would be a good QoL on top of the planned name change.

The reason I'd still want the name change is the way the AH button in the Game Database works: it simply searches the relevant tab for the full name of the item. Without the name change, you'd still have the exact same problem of "Primary Gene: Fade" showing results for all breeds before manually restricting the search.
I would LOVE the dropdown in the AH and in the Hoard/Vault

But also, I think that hte name setup would better work as:

"Primary Auraboa Gene: Fade"

"Primary Gene Auraboa: Fade"
"Primary Gene Undertide: Fade"
"Primary Gene: Fade"

Because then we can search for:

tide: Fade ;; gene: fade;; Boa: Fade

Which is far more inline with most folks' current search methods, than forcing to write 'auraboa gene: whatever"

Which is far more inline with most folks' current search methods, than forcing to write 'auraboa gene: whatever"
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
Support for the drop down addition, though I guess the difference between the AH and the Market place, is that tab is specifically for genes, whereas the AH tab has other things involved to where for some searches I guess it would be useless or... IDK how UI works or if it would cause some sort of issue/error with that. And another look, Genes don't even have their own spot on the category dropdown menu as it is.

I am not a fan of the name change as it is just because i've gotten in the habit of typing out the gene and first couple of letters of the ancient
like recently "capsule (au" for the auro...aura See I am still struggling here-- /j
Support for the drop down addition, though I guess the difference between the AH and the Market place, is that tab is specifically for genes, whereas the AH tab has other things involved to where for some searches I guess it would be useless or... IDK how UI works or if it would cause some sort of issue/error with that. And another look, Genes don't even have their own spot on the category dropdown menu as it is.

I am not a fan of the name change as it is just because i've gotten in the habit of typing out the gene and first couple of letters of the ancient
like recently "capsule (au" for the auro...aura See I am still struggling here-- /j
lightvs1.png qCVFNJp.png
BAYHRHf.png
J7D1quC.png
R1dejfm.png
icevs1.png
Support! This would really save folks with challenge/breeding threads from recoding everything, which would be a pain, and the dropdown menu would be so convenient for when I want a modern gene and not have to dig through ancient genes.
Support! This would really save folks with challenge/breeding threads from recoding everything, which would be a pain, and the dropdown menu would be so convenient for when I want a modern gene and not have to dig through ancient genes.
Wishlist -->Untitled1133-20231107165239.png
[quote name="Tserin" date="2023-11-26 20:20:51" ] [quote name="teddy2008" date="2023-11-26 20:18:38" ]I don't know anyone who types out the full name of the gene each time they want to search it, lol. [/quote] The majority of my searches are like, "jag" "sav" "cont" ¨cind" "gemb" "peac" So.. yeah this is not very helpful with that lmao. I can just adjust my habits to do primary gene: jag and just change the part after gene, it's not That big a deal, but I do wish for a more convenient option. [/quote] I do the same thing unless I have easy access to directly copy and paste the full name of the item. I support the suggestion for higher convenience!
Tserin wrote on 2023-11-26 20:20:51:
teddy2008 wrote on 2023-11-26 20:18:38:
I don't know anyone who types out the full name of the gene each time they want to search it, lol.
The majority of my searches are like,
"jag"
"sav"
"cont"
¨cind"
"gemb"
"peac"
So.. yeah this is not very helpful with that lmao. I can just adjust my habits to do primary gene: jag and just change the part after gene, it's not That big a deal, but I do wish for a more convenient option.
I do the same thing unless I have easy access to directly copy and paste the full name of the item. I support the suggestion for higher convenience!
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!
[quote name="ThistleProse" date="2023-11-27 02:07:36" ] I would LOVE the dropdown in the AH and in the Hoard/Vault But also, I think that hte name setup would better work as: "Primary Auraboa Gene: Fade" "Primary Gene Auraboa: Fade" "Primary Gene Undertide: Fade" "Primary Gene: Fade" Because then we can search for: tide: Fade ;; gene: fade;; Boa: Fade Which is far more inline with most folks' current search methods, than forcing to write 'auraboa gene: whatever" [/quote] Absolutely, you're a genius. This would make searching very easy, the drop-down is a good optional QOL that I'd like to have but this is a much better way to do the simple change that staff wants.
ThistleProse wrote on 2023-11-27 02:07:36:

Absolutely, you're a genius. This would make searching very easy, the drop-down is a good optional QOL that I'd like to have but this is a much better way to do the simple change that staff wants.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I've said before and I'll say again: gene names should be an information flow down, from biggest to smallest category - so putting the breed in the middle is an "unsolution" as:
1. "primary" is smaller than "breed", so the biggest category is stuck in the middle. Which is an additional problem, as currently there's no way to trade between ancient breeds, so the biggest and most important category should not be stuck somewhere in the middle of the text string.
2. who even has the time to search for the full name if not going directly from the database, so it doesn't really change much.

Support.
I've said before and I'll say again: gene names should be an information flow down, from biggest to smallest category - so putting the breed in the middle is an "unsolution" as:
1. "primary" is smaller than "breed", so the biggest category is stuck in the middle. Which is an additional problem, as currently there's no way to trade between ancient breeds, so the biggest and most important category should not be stuck somewhere in the middle of the text string.
2. who even has the time to search for the full name if not going directly from the database, so it doesn't really change much.

Support.
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="ThistleProse" date="2023-11-27 02:07:36" ] [...] "Primary Gene Auraboa: Fade" "Primary Gene Undertide: Fade" "Primary Gene: Fade" Because then we can search for: tide: Fade ;; gene: fade;; Boa: Fade [...] [/quote] Just for the record, the search doesn't work for partials at the end of a word. Your point stands, but you'd search for "undertide: fade" and "auraboa: fade". ETA: Correction to myself, the marketplace and G&GGG search works. It's just the AH that doesn't.
ThistleProse wrote on 2023-11-27 02:07:36:
[...]

[...]

Just for the record, the search doesn't work for partials at the end of a word. Your point stands, but you'd search for "undertide: fade" and "auraboa: fade".

ETA: Correction to myself, the marketplace and G&GGG search works. It's just the AH that doesn't.
Oh this makes a lot of intuitive sense, support for sure.
Oh this makes a lot of intuitive sense, support for sure.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
1 2 3 4 5