Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Allow 2-Letter Names (Again)
While I think 1 letter names might be a bit extreme, I've got no problem with allowing 2 letter names again. I mean, they were in the game before, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to implement them - just as a feature this time, and not a bug.

Definitely support.
While I think 1 letter names might be a bit extreme, I've got no problem with allowing 2 letter names again. I mean, they were in the game before, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to implement them - just as a feature this time, and not a bug.

Definitely support.
23859.png « he/him
« FRT + 9
[quote name="Itonda" date="2022-07-19 00:49:57" ] While I think 1 letter names might be a bit extreme, I've got no problem with allowing 2 letter names again. I mean, they were in the game before, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to implement them - just as a feature this time, and not a bug. Definitely support. [/quote] 1 letter names still exist! Why longer names should being prefered against short if I wana make fan-dragon of char "L" forexample? This char exist and have this name.
Itonda wrote on 2022-07-19 00:49:57:

Definitely support.
1 letter names still exist! Why longer names should being prefered against short if I wana make fan-dragon of char "L" forexample? This char exist and have this name.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
1-and 2 names should exist yeah support
1-and 2 names should exist yeah support
Gonna echo the general sentiment here. Please bring back two-letter names, I don't see how they can't be brought back nowadays. I just want to name certain dragons Oz, Io, Bo and other two-letter names.
Also I am all for the Search feature getting an overhaul/being extended and making it possible to search for exact names, as opposed to e.g. searching for 'Lyn' and then getting all the Lyns plus any dragon that has 'lyn' in their name. That seems far more bugged than the two-letter names supposedly were.
Gonna echo the general sentiment here. Please bring back two-letter names, I don't see how they can't be brought back nowadays. I just want to name certain dragons Oz, Io, Bo and other two-letter names.
Also I am all for the Search feature getting an overhaul/being extended and making it possible to search for exact names, as opposed to e.g. searching for 'Lyn' and then getting all the Lyns plus any dragon that has 'lyn' in their name. That seems far more bugged than the two-letter names supposedly were.
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-07-19 02:35:06" ] [quote name="Itonda" date="2022-07-19 00:49:57" ] While I think 1 letter names might be a bit extreme, I've got no problem with allowing 2 letter names again. I mean, they were in the game before, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to implement them - just as a feature this time, and not a bug. Definitely support. [/quote] 1 letter names still exist! Why longer names should being prefered against short if I wana make fan-dragon of char "L" forexample? This char exist and have this name. [/quote] Echoing Alkhor above. As more examples of one-letter-names -- I know of a character named R, there's also N from Pokemon, and, heck - I know someone IRL named E. One-letter-names are certainly less common, but they are out there, so we should be able to use them.
Alkhor wrote on 2022-07-19 02:35:06:

Definitely support.
1 letter names still exist! Why longer names should being prefered against short if I wana make fan-dragon of char "L" forexample? This char exist and have this name.
Echoing Alkhor above.
As more examples of one-letter-names -- I know of a character named R, there's also N from Pokemon, and, heck - I know someone IRL named E. One-letter-names are certainly less common, but they are out there, so we should be able to use them.
AutisticMaveriqueNonbinary, They/Them
SystemOtherkinFurry
This is an exalting lair
It would be nice to just update the naming in general, 1 letter/2 letter, spaces, accents, numbers all that jazz. Support for full update or just 2 letter
It would be nice to just update the naming in general, 1 letter/2 letter, spaces, accents, numbers all that jazz. Support for full update or just 2 letter
FObX7rS.png WQA384m.png
hh5n4WA.png WvEXipG.pngA6Pqy3l.png
Yes please! Even though this was technically a bug it was one that was in the game for a long while iirc. So, I don't see why not make it a feature.
Yes please! Even though this was technically a bug it was one that was in the game for a long while iirc. So, I don't see why not make it a feature.
?ZQw7j=platform.png
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-07-19 02:35:06" ] [quote name="Itonda" date="2022-07-19 00:49:57" ] While I think 1 letter names might be a bit extreme, I've got no problem with allowing 2 letter names again. I mean, they were in the game before, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to implement them - just as a feature this time, and not a bug. Definitely support. [/quote] 1 letter names still exist! Why longer names should being prefered against short if I wana make fan-dragon of char "L" forexample? This char exist and have this name. [/quote] Exactly, L is my favorite character and I want to make a fandragon of him once I figure out which breed/flight I think he'd be
Alkhor wrote on 2022-07-19 02:35:06:

Definitely support.

Exactly, L is my favorite character and I want to make a fandragon of him once I figure out which breed/flight I think he'd be

[quote name="Corviknight" date="2019-02-22 17:42:26" ] [quote name="chespin" date="2019-02-22 16:43:33" ] while it was a bug... i don't understand WHY it was a bug?" [/quote] It's because of the search function, pretty much. If you're looking for a dragon called "Da", instead of giving you the results for "da", it's going to give you all dragons who have "da" in their name, even if it's Dalida, or DaDaDa It was extremely obnoxious for the servers [/quote] this is a stupid reasoning, it does that anyway. you search a dragon named james, it shows every james and then dragons with james + other things in the name what we could do is have an additional search function that's like "number of letters in the name 2 - 16" - then 2 letter names could be filtered
Corviknight wrote on 2019-02-22 17:42:26:
chespin wrote on 2019-02-22 16:43:33:
while it was a bug... i don't understand WHY it was a bug?"

It's because of the search function, pretty much.

If you're looking for a dragon called "Da", instead of giving you the results for "da", it's going to give you all dragons who have "da" in their name, even if it's Dalida, or DaDaDa

It was extremely obnoxious for the servers
this is a stupid reasoning, it does that anyway. you search a dragon named james, it shows every james and then dragons with james + other things in the name

what we could do is have an additional search function that's like "number of letters in the name 2 - 16" - then 2 letter names could be filtered
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-07-20 08:38:02" ] what we could do is have an additional search function that's like "number of letters in the name 2 - 16" - then 2 letter names could be filtered [/quote] I want this in my life. Hopefully this would extend to user searches too... It's really annoying to search for a username and met met with like, two whole pages of icons and names. My brain is very bad at parsing through that kind of thing and really, all it does is cause unnecessary frustration.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2022-07-20 08:38:02:
what we could do is have an additional search function that's like "number of letters in the name 2 - 16" - then 2 letter names could be filtered

I want this in my life. Hopefully this would extend to user searches too... It's really annoying to search for a username and met met with like, two whole pages of icons and names. My brain is very bad at parsing through that kind of thing and really, all it does is cause unnecessary frustration.
JuaytuP.png
hHi8SF1.png
tqGkHih.png
mTAp2ld.png
unknown.png 2PeYDZ0.png 2sUJOiW.png