Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fourth Wing?
So, saw an interesting looking book in town today, but very much on the fence about giving it a try.

Anyone read it? I heard from one of the bookstore workers it's by a romance novelist and the fantasy worldbuilding elements are kind of 'eh' and that's generally what I'm after in my fiction.
So, saw an interesting looking book in town today, but very much on the fence about giving it a try.

Anyone read it? I heard from one of the bookstore workers it's by a romance novelist and the fantasy worldbuilding elements are kind of 'eh' and that's generally what I'm after in my fiction.
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
I really loved it, but yeah I'd say it's sort of "romantasy." Slow-burn romance with one or two spicy scenes. Magic school plus dragons. I really liked the relationships between dragons and riders, and I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the second book in November, but if you're after really great or unique worldbuilding then Fourth Wing is probably not going to be your jam.
I really loved it, but yeah I'd say it's sort of "romantasy." Slow-burn romance with one or two spicy scenes. Magic school plus dragons. I really liked the relationships between dragons and riders, and I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the second book in November, but if you're after really great or unique worldbuilding then Fourth Wing is probably not going to be your jam.
ive heard a lot of hardcore fantasy readers really dislike it, and romance readers seem to love it. if you're after a romance wearing a fantasy hat then maybe you'll love it, it must be popular for a reason!
ive heard a lot of hardcore fantasy readers really dislike it, and romance readers seem to love it. if you're after a romance wearing a fantasy hat then maybe you'll love it, it must be popular for a reason!
IMG_8704.png
I'm a fantasy reader so this book has practically been inescapable during the past few months. I'm eventually gonna read it, right after I finish the 897976746534567579089764 other books on my TBR pile
I'm a fantasy reader so this book has practically been inescapable during the past few months. I'm eventually gonna read it, right after I finish the 897976746534567579089764 other books on my TBR pile
tn0RSo5.pngpyAp3dI.png
MUYNhfy.pngbYt72YT.png
mtHAEL4.pngBS4vqBB.png

Please read the bios/broadcast messages of my dragons before referring to them! Many of them have genders other than what they were assigned by the game :)
I haven't read it, but Reads by Rachel hated it and I trust her. It sounds like it's enjoyable if you don't think too hard about it, but otherwise the plot makes zero sense and it's kinda just nonsensical dragon riding fun
I haven't read it, but Reads by Rachel hated it and I trust her. It sounds like it's enjoyable if you don't think too hard about it, but otherwise the plot makes zero sense and it's kinda just nonsensical dragon riding fun
Hi there! Call me Nadir! She/they
Add me on Xanje
Add me on Pixel Cat's End
Add me on Lorwolf
I like adventure, fantasy, sci fi, sometimes horror, and hate romance/adult themes (iykyk) but other than no romance/frisky bits i am kinda open about what i like. Oh and sometimes i like stuff that teaches you stuff/diy books
I like adventure, fantasy, sci fi, sometimes horror, and hate romance/adult themes (iykyk) but other than no romance/frisky bits i am kinda open about what i like. Oh and sometimes i like stuff that teaches you stuff/diy books
72446457p.png83481019p.png FR+0 Art Shop avatar dragon