Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Once a Day Reroll on Den Tasks
I hate that the Tasks are structured a certain way where you can't do some of the ones you may already have the items for until you finish ones you may NOT have the items for.

So I'm putting forth a request to give us a once a day, heck even a once a week would be fine, option to 'reroll' the set of 10 tasks that are doable to hopefully help people expand their Dens a little quicker without having to spend so many treasure/gems or spend so much time in the Coli (because I don't know about you, but some of the percentages of the coli drops for certain items SUCK, even when your warriors are leveled all the way up it can take FOREVER to get some of the items because the Creature doesn't show up that often, and when they do half the time they DON'T drop the friggin' item you need at all!)

I'm not saying we shouldn't work for our spaces, but there should be a little bit of slack so people don't have to choose between getting rid of Dragons they like or letting nests sit unhatched for ages due to no space (Hi, it's me. I have attachment issues.)

So, yeah. Once a Day or Week reroll on the tasks please.
I hate that the Tasks are structured a certain way where you can't do some of the ones you may already have the items for until you finish ones you may NOT have the items for.

So I'm putting forth a request to give us a once a day, heck even a once a week would be fine, option to 'reroll' the set of 10 tasks that are doable to hopefully help people expand their Dens a little quicker without having to spend so many treasure/gems or spend so much time in the Coli (because I don't know about you, but some of the percentages of the coli drops for certain items SUCK, even when your warriors are leveled all the way up it can take FOREVER to get some of the items because the Creature doesn't show up that often, and when they do half the time they DON'T drop the friggin' item you need at all!)

I'm not saying we shouldn't work for our spaces, but there should be a little bit of slack so people don't have to choose between getting rid of Dragons they like or letting nests sit unhatched for ages due to no space (Hi, it's me. I have attachment issues.)

So, yeah. Once a Day or Week reroll on the tasks please.
The point of the expensive tasks is to balance out all of the tasks that you can do for free, or for less than 10 gems.

I support tasks being rerolled, but for something equivalent. No "I have ten egg tasks, time to reroll and get ten cheap Harpy/Ghostlight/Mire/Kelp Beds tasks that are 3G each"
The point of the expensive tasks is to balance out all of the tasks that you can do for free, or for less than 10 gems.

I support tasks being rerolled, but for something equivalent. No "I have ten egg tasks, time to reroll and get ten cheap Harpy/Ghostlight/Mire/Kelp Beds tasks that are 3G each"
Support. I won't mind either way, but it's not like people can get these slots anyways. I don't see any good reason to block them out from getting more slots. In the end, there are always slots they may not like to approach, so why not give them the opportunity to move on to others? These tasks aren't going to disappear. Even with common drops, I still had to work a bit.
Support. I won't mind either way, but it's not like people can get these slots anyways. I don't see any good reason to block them out from getting more slots. In the end, there are always slots they may not like to approach, so why not give them the opportunity to move on to others? These tasks aren't going to disappear. Even with common drops, I still had to work a bit.
95751148p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
[quote name="DarkVixen" date="2023-04-12 16:09:03" ] Support. I won't mind either way, but it's not like people can get these slots anyways. I don't see any good reason to block them out from getting more slots. In the end, there are always slots they may not like to approach, so why not give them the opportunity to move on to others? These tasks aren't going to disappear. Even with common drops, I still had to work a bit. [/quote] Support for these reasons. When you get unlucky, ALL other tasks are locked out They should come in some sort of sensible order based on the difficulty to obtain, not arbitrarily, but a reroll per day or per week sounds sensible
DarkVixen wrote on 2023-04-12 16:09:03:
Support for these reasons.

When you get unlucky, ALL other tasks are locked out

They should come in some sort of sensible order based on the difficulty to obtain, not arbitrarily, but a reroll per day or per week sounds sensible
sBdLZtA.png
Porpose of hard tasks in middle exactly force you do one of things: do not ocupe more slots (and keep in mind that even HD slots takes place on real servers that have cost) or force you make more activity on site and provide adds show (that gave named money to devs)
I see no reason allow complite all but 10-20 hard tasks simply by allowing toss tasks once a week (and do not even open site all the week between)
Porpose of hard tasks in middle exactly force you do one of things: do not ocupe more slots (and keep in mind that even HD slots takes place on real servers that have cost) or force you make more activity on site and provide adds show (that gave named money to devs)
I see no reason allow complite all but 10-20 hard tasks simply by allowing toss tasks once a week (and do not even open site all the week between)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I think having 10 tasks available already gives quite a lot of flexibility. Of course there are some cheaper ones that you unlock later, but on the whole they get more expensive, so I think rerolling wouldn't help much. I've been stuck on 10 expensive ones for ages before, but before the last 10 or so, they are definitely obtainable with some saving/coli grinding.
I think having 10 tasks available already gives quite a lot of flexibility. Of course there are some cheaper ones that you unlock later, but on the whole they get more expensive, so I think rerolling wouldn't help much. I've been stuck on 10 expensive ones for ages before, but before the last 10 or so, they are definitely obtainable with some saving/coli grinding.
o723_d01L_findingpears.pngo723_d02_findingpears.pngo723_d03_findingpears.pngo723_d04_findingpears.pngo723_d05_findingpears.pngo723_d01R_findingpears.png __
FR+19
she / her
wishlist
art shop
__
____________ ____ l4necl8jk4m.png
I can't support anything that allows people to bypass the expensive tasks. Many would do this until all that's left are the big ticket ones and then call it good. There's plenty of people that would just skip all the pricey ones like eggs, genes, bosses and expensive apparel and never do them so they don't have to lose the money.

They're placed where they are so that you can only avoid them for so long before you ultimately have to fulfill some in order to unlock more of the easier tasks. It's been created in a way to specifically pull items and currency (through item value) from the system. Something as huge as the hibernal den massively impacts how much money someone can make on a weekly basis. The bigger ticket trades are basically gates that you have to unlock to continue. Some of the smaller tasks barely cost anything, maybe a handful of items that are worth change on the AH or take a bit of time to collect. The bigger trades make up for this fact and balance out the over all worth/cost of the den slots. If you were able to skip past all the pricey ones and just do the cheap ones, you'd basically get a ton of space for free. Though that doesn't seem to be the main purpose behind your suggestion, it is the biggest issue with suggestions like these.

No support for this reason. If we want to keep going, users should have to do the bigger ones that are in the way. And while it might be a bit frustrating to have to work towards expensive items or to gather what you need it's not something with a time limit so there's no need to rush it. If we have to save for items, then that's probably the way it was intended.

However, I could support for being able to basically fill the items in so that the task is ready to complete when you get to it and you don't have to worry about accidentally selling items or having them clutter up your hoard. And I can also support things like runestones and eggs being able to be filled in any order since that doesn't effect anything. But nothing that lets you skip or shuffle tasks. While some people may go back to complete the expensive tasks if they were able to be skipped, many would not. Those expensive ones are part of the balancing to the feature in the first place.
I can't support anything that allows people to bypass the expensive tasks. Many would do this until all that's left are the big ticket ones and then call it good. There's plenty of people that would just skip all the pricey ones like eggs, genes, bosses and expensive apparel and never do them so they don't have to lose the money.

They're placed where they are so that you can only avoid them for so long before you ultimately have to fulfill some in order to unlock more of the easier tasks. It's been created in a way to specifically pull items and currency (through item value) from the system. Something as huge as the hibernal den massively impacts how much money someone can make on a weekly basis. The bigger ticket trades are basically gates that you have to unlock to continue. Some of the smaller tasks barely cost anything, maybe a handful of items that are worth change on the AH or take a bit of time to collect. The bigger trades make up for this fact and balance out the over all worth/cost of the den slots. If you were able to skip past all the pricey ones and just do the cheap ones, you'd basically get a ton of space for free. Though that doesn't seem to be the main purpose behind your suggestion, it is the biggest issue with suggestions like these.

No support for this reason. If we want to keep going, users should have to do the bigger ones that are in the way. And while it might be a bit frustrating to have to work towards expensive items or to gather what you need it's not something with a time limit so there's no need to rush it. If we have to save for items, then that's probably the way it was intended.

However, I could support for being able to basically fill the items in so that the task is ready to complete when you get to it and you don't have to worry about accidentally selling items or having them clutter up your hoard. And I can also support things like runestones and eggs being able to be filled in any order since that doesn't effect anything. But nothing that lets you skip or shuffle tasks. While some people may go back to complete the expensive tasks if they were able to be skipped, many would not. Those expensive ones are part of the balancing to the feature in the first place.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
I... REALLY do not see the issue people have with users being able to skip/postpone the expensive tasks. Support, I'd love to be able to reroll some of the gathering related ones I keep forgetting to do lol
I... REALLY do not see the issue people have with users being able to skip/postpone the expensive tasks. Support, I'd love to be able to reroll some of the gathering related ones I keep forgetting to do lol
FoJSh5v.gif Fal
FR time +10
B0SOpoT.png
The order that they're in right now are predetermined. Everyone has to pay the same item in the same order as they progress. That's quite fair, and I think adding RNG to the equation would make it less so. Unlocking additional hibden slots is essentially unlocking the ability to store more money in the form of exalted dragon, so I think the average price of hibden slots is not too much. So basically just save for them. Make it a goal like anything else.
The order that they're in right now are predetermined. Everyone has to pay the same item in the same order as they progress. That's quite fair, and I think adding RNG to the equation would make it less so. Unlocking additional hibden slots is essentially unlocking the ability to store more money in the form of exalted dragon, so I think the average price of hibden slots is not too much. So basically just save for them. Make it a goal like anything else.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
No support, the point is so that you need to finish the hard tasks before spamming the cheap easy ones. this is what makes the hibden an effective sink. id be ok with the egg/runestone tasks just letting you send a runestone that you never sent before, so you still have to send eggs but you can at least offload eggs you already have
No support, the point is so that you need to finish the hard tasks before spamming the cheap easy ones. this is what makes the hibden an effective sink. id be ok with the egg/runestone tasks just letting you send a runestone that you never sent before, so you still have to send eggs but you can at least offload eggs you already have
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png