Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tips for a new player? Help please!
@JusticeTurtle I will look into how to create a Mire Flyer, haha. I'm not sure exactly where to start but I'll do my best to figure this out, especially if I unknowingly picked a Flight with an advantage. xD Yeah, I'm not too bothered about Dom personally, but I'll participate if I have to for my Flight. I did hear that the festival starts soon! How fitting for my first one to be Arcane's! Haha. That's exciting. c:
@JusticeTurtle I will look into how to create a Mire Flyer, haha. I'm not sure exactly where to start but I'll do my best to figure this out, especially if I unknowingly picked a Flight with an advantage. xD Yeah, I'm not too bothered about Dom personally, but I'll participate if I have to for my Flight. I did hear that the festival starts soon! How fitting for my first one to be Arcane's! Haha. That's exciting. c:
Pink Chalcedony
Pastel g1s are a pain to find, however, stained/soap will be your life saver in a lot of situations!
If the tert is a light enough color, it will 'wash out' and 'fade' the other colors, even the gene accent colors which can save a lot of designs.
A lot of g1 Nocts and Bogs with very light terts can be found borderline fodder floor prices which is nice :)
Pastel g1s are a pain to find, however, stained/soap will be your life saver in a lot of situations!
If the tert is a light enough color, it will 'wash out' and 'fade' the other colors, even the gene accent colors which can save a lot of designs.
A lot of g1 Nocts and Bogs with very light terts can be found borderline fodder floor prices which is nice :)
7fINQj7.gif
Singing between the trees
7e6L4te.png
Signature is a wip :)
@FallingUnder This is good to know. :) Thanks so much for this. I guess if worst comes to worst I can always try to scatter their colours. >.< Though the random aspect is a bit painful.
@FallingUnder This is good to know. :) Thanks so much for this. I guess if worst comes to worst I can always try to scatter their colours. >.< Though the random aspect is a bit painful.
Pink Chalcedony
Oh, one more thing that took me a while to figure out, I don't know if you already know -- you can exchange treasure for gems with other players in the Items for Sale forum. That's how I've gotten all of my gem exclusives. It's usually at a ratio of around 1000 treasure for 1 gem. (Yes, this means you need the equivalent of 2 million treasure for a coatl or wilclaw breed change. My avatar dragon is my random progenitor, the equivalent of your Hades... she started out as a Mirror. I've probably sunk the equivalent of 10 million treasure into her over the years, between scatterscrolls and genes and the usermade accent and all, but I feel like it's well worth it.)

(I'm still not happy with my custom progen. I chose his colors poorly, got a crappy tertiary, and I've probably spent 5k gems just on scatterscrolls so far. Probably going to scatter him again at some point.)
Oh, one more thing that took me a while to figure out, I don't know if you already know -- you can exchange treasure for gems with other players in the Items for Sale forum. That's how I've gotten all of my gem exclusives. It's usually at a ratio of around 1000 treasure for 1 gem. (Yes, this means you need the equivalent of 2 million treasure for a coatl or wilclaw breed change. My avatar dragon is my random progenitor, the equivalent of your Hades... she started out as a Mirror. I've probably sunk the equivalent of 10 million treasure into her over the years, between scatterscrolls and genes and the usermade accent and all, but I feel like it's well worth it.)

(I'm still not happy with my custom progen. I chose his colors poorly, got a crappy tertiary, and I've probably spent 5k gems just on scatterscrolls so far. Probably going to scatter him again at some point.)
tumblr_omdjqr5YYp1r4lw2fo1_500.png
@JusticeTurtle I did not know about trading currency! Goddamn though, that's so much work. @_@ Good thing I was prepared for a longterm project... very... longterm... lmao. Goddamn. If it's any consolation I think all of your dragons are lovely!!
@JusticeTurtle I did not know about trading currency! Goddamn though, that's so much work. @_@ Good thing I was prepared for a longterm project... very... longterm... lmao. Goddamn. If it's any consolation I think all of your dragons are lovely!!
Pink Chalcedony
Thank you!
Thank you!
tumblr_omdjqr5YYp1r4lw2fo1_500.png
You're welcome!!
You're welcome!!
Pink Chalcedony
Go stare at the raffles and giveaways forum for 3 hours until you have a full lair (literally what I did)
Go stare at the raffles and giveaways forum for 3 hours until you have a full lair (literally what I did)
Dainty Wavehopper Furry Fiddle LW1L2V3.png Muckbottom Catfish Vivid Wavehopper
Make sure you save treasure for this next week! Arcane's flight festival starts on the 22nd, and there will be skins you can buy for treasure. You can also get the arcane gene, a familiar, and a couple cloth items with magical shards, which you'll be able to get through daily tasks on Flight Rising and the coli!

Since you joined right before the Arcane festival, I'll send you some magical shards!
Make sure you save treasure for this next week! Arcane's flight festival starts on the 22nd, and there will be skins you can buy for treasure. You can also get the arcane gene, a familiar, and a couple cloth items with magical shards, which you'll be able to get through daily tasks on Flight Rising and the coli!

Since you joined right before the Arcane festival, I'll send you some magical shards!
13578.png24847.png480.png ARAxlYW.png
5iXiC8z.png
ll0CfnD.png
Something to keep in mind as you start to gain more dragons is that your gather turns won't necessarily feed all your dragons, so coli grinding will help with food situations very nicely.

Starting to use the cauldron at Baldwins as soon as you can will help you be able to make decent money (bogsneak eggs, and selling stacks of mats).
Something to keep in mind as you start to gain more dragons is that your gather turns won't necessarily feed all your dragons, so coli grinding will help with food situations very nicely.

Starting to use the cauldron at Baldwins as soon as you can will help you be able to make decent money (bogsneak eggs, and selling stacks of mats).
tumblr_nxdfodsac01ukywbko1_100.pngLightning-Network.pngPaI4dmB.png