Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [STARFALL] Starmap Bingo
[quote name="@LissaJade" date="2024-09-16 15:43:54" ] That worked! Thank you so much! [/quote] awesome! :D in case an explanation is helpful (to you or to anyone else who happens to read this): [font=monospace]CREATE_TASK_OVERVIEW[/font] is a custom function whose job is to fill in that [i]entire[/i] sheet - it's like an interior designer whose job is to put furniture in an empty room! but when it shows up to do its job and there's already some furniture in the room (even just a single piece of furniture), it's kinda just like "uhHHhHH idk what to do i guess my job here is done? goodbye" [emoji=aether tongue size=1] [quote name="@Taccs" date="2024-09-16 15:44:10" ] Hey! I got a question, I've got the tasks get a Fathom breed change scroll and get a modern gene. I've just got a Fathom breed change scroll and I'm wondering if it would also count as a modern gene? I know Fathoms are a breed, but I've figured I better ask first. Thank you in advance! [/quote] unfortunately, the fathom breed change scroll wouldn't cover both of those tasks! if you click on the "Get a drop with any modern gene" task in the Task Overview tab, it'll take you to a game database search that shows the items that count for that task ^^ (only a small subset of them can actually drop from the coliseum, but... those are all the modern genes, haha!)
@LissaJade wrote on 2024-09-16 15:43:54:
That worked! Thank you so much!

awesome! :D in case an explanation is helpful (to you or to anyone else who happens to read this):
CREATE_TASK_OVERVIEW is a custom function whose job is to fill in that entire sheet - it's like an interior designer whose job is to put furniture in an empty room! but when it shows up to do its job and there's already some furniture in the room (even just a single piece of furniture), it's kinda just like "uhHHhHH idk what to do i guess my job here is done? goodbye"

@Taccs wrote on 2024-09-16 15:44:10:
Hey! I got a question, I've got the tasks get a Fathom breed change scroll and get a modern gene. I've just got a Fathom breed change scroll and I'm wondering if it would also count as a modern gene? I know Fathoms are a breed, but I've figured I better ask first. Thank you in advance!

unfortunately, the fathom breed change scroll wouldn't cover both of those tasks! if you click on the "Get a drop with any modern gene" task in the Task Overview tab, it'll take you to a game database search that shows the items that count for that task ^^ (only a small subset of them can actually drop from the coliseum, but... those are all the modern genes, haha!)
An adorable doodle of a Slowpoke (the Pokemon).
Star/con + Starfall scry [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=61&bodygene=168&breed=22&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=23&tertgene=209&winggene=168&wings=96&auth=d98b194e12fc614920dc851e1857c092ecaedfac&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Star/con + Starfall scry

dragon?age=1&body=61&bodygene=168&breed=22&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=23&tertgene=209&winggene=168&wings=96&auth=d98b194e12fc614920dc851e1857c092ecaedfac&dummyext=prev.png
Hadita, they/them.

Libra | INTP
I unlocked 3 more maps and wow there are so many tasks and such a variety now. I don't think I'm going to run out of things to do during Starfall push, which is good because I needed to get at least 60 dragons out of my lair anyway... Plus there is really such a /wide/ variety, wow. Every aspect of the site is getting represented here. ADD brain already wants to buy more because yay checking tasks off lists. Going over the hardest tasks I have available currently: "Is it a boss? Fight it" is an entire category lmao. Send 40/80/99+ dragons to OOFR. Any of the specific higher-tier stones, but especially Tincture/Field Manual, because this is how I learned Tinctures can drop. Fathom scroll drop. Eliminate /or Enfeeble/ drop... I think having the option of Enfeeble reduces difficulty quite a bit, might be wrong. Egg drop. Vista drop. Trade at Swipp's (I fully admit I'm just really bad at this.) All the fairgrounds ones... Ones I'm least inclined to do: Adopt a gacha owl, purchase a grab bag, melt Muck, sell Crim a familiar However there are /a lot/ of tasks and the ones I really just /don't/ want to do are very minimal in comparison. The very difficult pure rng tasks shouldn't add too many on. Several of the harder RNG ones have two options to get as a drop, even. I don't need every single task completed to finish maps so I'll be doing those last... and second-last will be beating my head against fairgrounds games because I'm terrible at all of them. As it is, if task skips are implemented in a way that isn't just asking for money, I'll hopefully need very few. This would be a very different matter if I couldn't fight bosses-- I'm just going to fight every boss in the game to futureproof myself, and I can do that easily and with glee. The moment I went into Golem Workshop I got Frost Delver and Stone Borer as back to back battles so maybe the starmaps serve as a lure to bosses. I'll be hoping. With the rambling about my current 4 maps out of the way, back to dragon sharing! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/3230868][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/32309/3230868_350.png[/img][/url] This is Isyth, a beautiful Arcane dragon of mine who has just hit lv25 and been built for Crypools. She is [i]ready[/i] for Starfall. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93929904][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/939300/93929904_350.png[/img][/url] Chelwa has Starfall, a moth, and big eyes with no thoughts behind them. He is the definition of no thoughts head empty. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=66&bodygene=279&breed=24&element=9&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=232&winggene=279&wings=13&auth=94ab79508cc753f602b07d91bd396f47be2db9da&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Pink/Mulberry/White scry! edit: forgot to add I like mistely's suggestion about spending non-constellation stars
I unlocked 3 more maps and wow there are so many tasks and such a variety now. I don't think I'm going to run out of things to do during Starfall push, which is good because I needed to get at least 60 dragons out of my lair anyway... Plus there is really such a /wide/ variety, wow. Every aspect of the site is getting represented here. ADD brain already wants to buy more because yay checking tasks off lists.

Going over the hardest tasks I have available currently: "Is it a boss? Fight it" is an entire category lmao. Send 40/80/99+ dragons to OOFR. Any of the specific higher-tier stones, but especially Tincture/Field Manual, because this is how I learned Tinctures can drop. Fathom scroll drop. Eliminate /or Enfeeble/ drop... I think having the option of Enfeeble reduces difficulty quite a bit, might be wrong. Egg drop. Vista drop. Trade at Swipp's (I fully admit I'm just really bad at this.) All the fairgrounds ones...

Ones I'm least inclined to do: Adopt a gacha owl, purchase a grab bag, melt Muck, sell Crim a familiar

However there are /a lot/ of tasks and the ones I really just /don't/ want to do are very minimal in comparison. The very difficult pure rng tasks shouldn't add too many on. Several of the harder RNG ones have two options to get as a drop, even. I don't need every single task completed to finish maps so I'll be doing those last... and second-last will be beating my head against fairgrounds games because I'm terrible at all of them. As it is, if task skips are implemented in a way that isn't just asking for money, I'll hopefully need very few.

This would be a very different matter if I couldn't fight bosses-- I'm just going to fight every boss in the game to futureproof myself, and I can do that easily and with glee. The moment I went into Golem Workshop I got Frost Delver and Stone Borer as back to back battles so maybe the starmaps serve as a lure to bosses. I'll be hoping.

With the rambling about my current 4 maps out of the way, back to dragon sharing!

3230868_350.png

This is Isyth, a beautiful Arcane dragon of mine who has just hit lv25 and been built for Crypools. She is ready for Starfall.

93929904_350.png

Chelwa has Starfall, a moth, and big eyes with no thoughts behind them. He is the definition of no thoughts head empty.

dragon?age=1&body=66&bodygene=279&breed=24&element=9&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=232&winggene=279&wings=13&auth=94ab79508cc753f602b07d91bd396f47be2db9da&dummyext=prev.png

Pink/Mulberry/White scry!

edit: forgot to add I like mistely's suggestion about spending non-constellation stars
psd5o6h.jpg
[quote name="mistely" date="2024-09-16 11:27:15" ] Suggestion for the passes: Maybe make them buyable but not with treasure/gems, but with non-constellation stars? Like, if you have a very difficult task that you don't think you'll be able to do in the allotted time, you could complete other tasks to earn non-constellation stars, and you could spend say 5 of those stars to buy a pass? [/quote] i like this idea! or if we can't "spend" the stars, maybe we can get passes for x amount of non-constellation stars completed, or every such-and-such amount of points obtained? that might be more obtainable for some maps
mistely wrote on 2024-09-16 11:27:15:
Suggestion for the passes: Maybe make them buyable but not with treasure/gems, but with non-constellation stars? Like, if you have a very difficult task that you don't think you'll be able to do in the allotted time, you could complete other tasks to earn non-constellation stars, and you could spend say 5 of those stars to buy a pass?
i like this idea! or if we can't "spend" the stars, maybe we can get passes for x amount of non-constellation stars completed, or every such-and-such amount of points obtained? that might be more obtainable for some maps
xx he/him pronouns (a blue flag with a star)
trans guy (transgender flag)
gay (mlm/nblm flag)
asexual (asexual flag)
disabled (disabled pride flag)
xx

xx a bouncing sprite of a 3-headed emperor dragon. they are white and black with cyan-blue mane and cyan-blue glowing eyes. they also have a cyan-colored aura around them. x a clear bottle is decorated with a black falcon feather and a red plague flight charm tied to its cork. inside the bottle are a scrap of red fabric, a chunk of black obsidian, and a floating skull. xx a small pixel art of my dragon, Acalan. he's a dark red imperial adorned with fancy silks and copper-toned jewelry. art is by everlastingecho!
[center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=66&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=14&winggene=25&wings=13&auth=74eef97aeeac30460b23be298789424a3e081b88&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [morphology=4859660][/center] Pink/Mulberry/White scry. Did not expect python pink to work sooo good with Mulberry const!
dragon?age=1&body=66&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=14&winggene=25&wings=13&auth=74eef97aeeac30460b23be298789424a3e081b88&dummyext=prev.png
python stars

Pink/Mulberry/White scry. Did not expect python pink to work sooo good with Mulberry const!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa iceanim4.gif ePOliyb.png
04PIMth.png
zF6zw52.png
iceanim3.gif aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Who's a better Arcane dragon to post than my Arcane Ambassador? His name (Starfall) is even on theme for this year! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/17013012][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/170131/17013012_350.png[/img][/url]
Who's a better Arcane dragon to post than my Arcane Ambassador? His name (Starfall) is even on theme for this year!

17013012_350.png
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
What would "2+ diff types of special item drop" include? Would a Zephyr Bolt + Major Health Potion drop count? I vaguely remember seeing this question asked but couldn't find the answer ^^;
What would "2+ diff types of special item drop" include? Would a Zephyr Bolt + Major Health Potion drop count? I vaguely remember seeing this question asked but couldn't find the answer ^^;
psd5o6h.jpg
Post a dragon/scry with the Starfall ancient gene Post a dragon/scry with Pink/Mulberry/White colors [morphology=3063478] Post a Fae dragon/scry in the event thread Post an Arcane Dragon from your own lair [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85133621][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/851337/85133621_350.png[/img][/url] Post a dragon/scry with Starmap/Constellation genes Post an Arcane-themed dragon or outfit Post a dragon with an Arcane-aligned familiar [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74623308][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/746234/74623308_350.png[/img][/url]
Post a dragon/scry with the Starfall ancient gene
Post a dragon/scry with Pink/Mulberry/White colors
Arcane Pink Mulberry White

Post a Fae dragon/scry in the event thread
Post an Arcane Dragon from your own lair
85133621_350.png

Post a dragon/scry with Starmap/Constellation genes
Post an Arcane-themed dragon or outfit
Post a dragon with an Arcane-aligned familiar
74623308_350.png
1vAtYxM.pngePOliyb.png
eTmFfQ7.pngH0t7Ypl.png
zl1ZGZ2.pngmlHpBMC.png
[center]Arcane dragon from my own lair: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/7099378][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/70994/7099378_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
Arcane dragon from my own lair:

7099378_350.png
hi, i'm suzy! | fr + 2

accent shop
wishlist
hatchery
profile templates
mkOslTW.gif nQOlLTR.png
Okk, calling it a day for today~ Pretty much was grinding out tasks all day, mainly bc i had to stay awake for a long time and needed something easy and low-brain capacity to occupy my time and, to quote Myrrh above "yay checking tasks off lists" (but also bc i wanted to be at the top of the leaderboard for a while. wahaha!!)

Some more thoughts now that i've played for a while:

-good variety of tasks, started with fairgrounds, moved on to the boss rush/incidental items, took a break partway through to raise fodder and finish my lucky streak, got nearly to the end of boss rush before calling it a day.

-speaking of boss rush, i never met a single manta nor ray while i was leveling people in the kelp beds. guess they didn't want to interrupt? it's fine, come on over, welcome. only found one melty toad the whole time i was in mire too, never saw the regular one. on the other hand, cp was full to bursting with crystal jesters and i killed about 4-5 featherboars and tunnel hydras each before their counterparts decided to show up...

-i definitely agree that none of the tasks are impossible, but clearing them all without any skips seems, perhaps, improbable. speaking as a guy who got an egg earlier today but for whom renaming scrolls haven't dropped in months... also as a guy who tried to do 5 of the gathering tasks today but failed miserably at 4 of them haha.

-lookin at you, apparel drops. all thematically appropriate choices to be sure but oof and also rip to me personally. I was also surprised there wasn't a task for a generic apparel drop? unless there is and i just missed it bc sleepy

-my maps are so funny. my wind map is my highest scorer but like half the squares i've filled in are minor stars and they're all in a massive block on the left side. same with map 12, which is my second highest scorer. shoutout also to map 11 which has 18 of 35 blocks filled in but only 6 of them are major stars. also for some reason every time (presumably) Tala suggests any given constellation looks like a Gaoler or an Imperial i'm like "ya no i see it" www it's so cute i really like this event...

-arcane map seems to be the most difficult one? at least it's the one i've filled in the least with a bunch of specifically FP and GW tasks on the board. (i can clear them, just haven't gotten to them yet, but since those two venues were mentioned as pain points upthread...)

-already made back the money i spent on maps maxing fairgrounds and sending a bunch in to the oofr (which i wouldn't have done if not for the event lol) so not too bad! hey nobody tell the no-spendtember guys i'm over here ok???

-might be able to send in enough dragons for the raffle if i pick up the leveling pace once i finish my boss rush collection+misc. No guarantees. i'll try www

-spreadsheet is so good, i respect it so much and i care for it deeply

-anybody got any ideas for where i can get 3 different meat/seafood items in the same battle? i got 3 different plants in blooming and later in mire, and insects in i think arena and boreal...

-saw a ton of fae hatchlings in the captcha last week. haven't seen a fae hatchling in the captcha at all today. they've all been replaced by tundras. why???

okk that's all for now, see you later!
Okk, calling it a day for today~ Pretty much was grinding out tasks all day, mainly bc i had to stay awake for a long time and needed something easy and low-brain capacity to occupy my time and, to quote Myrrh above "yay checking tasks off lists" (but also bc i wanted to be at the top of the leaderboard for a while. wahaha!!)

Some more thoughts now that i've played for a while:

-good variety of tasks, started with fairgrounds, moved on to the boss rush/incidental items, took a break partway through to raise fodder and finish my lucky streak, got nearly to the end of boss rush before calling it a day.

-speaking of boss rush, i never met a single manta nor ray while i was leveling people in the kelp beds. guess they didn't want to interrupt? it's fine, come on over, welcome. only found one melty toad the whole time i was in mire too, never saw the regular one. on the other hand, cp was full to bursting with crystal jesters and i killed about 4-5 featherboars and tunnel hydras each before their counterparts decided to show up...

-i definitely agree that none of the tasks are impossible, but clearing them all without any skips seems, perhaps, improbable. speaking as a guy who got an egg earlier today but for whom renaming scrolls haven't dropped in months... also as a guy who tried to do 5 of the gathering tasks today but failed miserably at 4 of them haha.

-lookin at you, apparel drops. all thematically appropriate choices to be sure but oof and also rip to me personally. I was also surprised there wasn't a task for a generic apparel drop? unless there is and i just missed it bc sleepy

-my maps are so funny. my wind map is my highest scorer but like half the squares i've filled in are minor stars and they're all in a massive block on the left side. same with map 12, which is my second highest scorer. shoutout also to map 11 which has 18 of 35 blocks filled in but only 6 of them are major stars. also for some reason every time (presumably) Tala suggests any given constellation looks like a Gaoler or an Imperial i'm like "ya no i see it" www it's so cute i really like this event...

-arcane map seems to be the most difficult one? at least it's the one i've filled in the least with a bunch of specifically FP and GW tasks on the board. (i can clear them, just haven't gotten to them yet, but since those two venues were mentioned as pain points upthread...)

-already made back the money i spent on maps maxing fairgrounds and sending a bunch in to the oofr (which i wouldn't have done if not for the event lol) so not too bad! hey nobody tell the no-spendtember guys i'm over here ok???

-might be able to send in enough dragons for the raffle if i pick up the leveling pace once i finish my boss rush collection+misc. No guarantees. i'll try www

-spreadsheet is so good, i respect it so much and i care for it deeply

-anybody got any ideas for where i can get 3 different meat/seafood items in the same battle? i got 3 different plants in blooming and later in mire, and insects in i think arena and boreal...

-saw a ton of fae hatchlings in the captcha last week. haven't seen a fae hatchling in the captcha at all today. they've all been replaced by tundras. why???

okk that's all for now, see you later!
Mc37ulr.pngG3yEKJi.pngRkGciIC.png