Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What keeps you going on flightrising?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[quote name="Frogata" date="2024-05-21 17:34:10" ] Almost 10 years and I'm still here mostly cos like? It's been long enough that I feel nostalgic about being here. I love my dragons, I think back to when I first got the older ones and what was happening in my life at the time. A lot of my older dragons are affectionately named after friends I met on the site, who have since stopped playing or gone on long hiatuses, gotten married, had kids. We don't always keep in touch but it warms me to see them doing well and the site brings back fond memories. It's like a cute little dragon history of my recent life that only I understand. I also just really like dragons and the site artwork and familiar designs. Come for the critters, stay once it feels like a home away from home. [/quote] I'm also in a place where playing the game feels nostalgic. Thinking of where I was in life when i learned the site coding so i could make custom bios for my primary dragons. made some of my own assets, was gifted art. This place has brought me so much joy, my day feels weird if I didnt check in here to at least harvest food stuffs. Its like a website version of crawling into bed at the end of the day. no one there to bother you, no responsibilities. no pressure or expectations. its safe and cozy and personal? hard to explain but thats how it is for me anyway. pocket sized home! thank you for participating in the thread!
Frogata wrote on 2024-05-21 17:34:10:
Almost 10 years and I'm still here mostly cos like? It's been long enough that I feel nostalgic about being here. I love my dragons, I think back to when I first got the older ones and what was happening in my life at the time.

A lot of my older dragons are affectionately named after friends I met on the site, who have since stopped playing or gone on long hiatuses, gotten married, had kids. We don't always keep in touch but it warms me to see them doing well and the site brings back fond memories. It's like a cute little dragon history of my recent life that only I understand.

I also just really like dragons and the site artwork and familiar designs. Come for the critters, stay once it feels like a home away from home.

I'm also in a place where playing the game feels nostalgic. Thinking of where I was in life when i learned the site coding so i could make custom bios for my primary dragons. made some of my own assets, was gifted art. This place has brought me so much joy, my day feels weird if I didnt check in here to at least harvest food stuffs.

Its like a website version of crawling into bed at the end of the day. no one there to bother you, no responsibilities. no pressure or expectations. its safe and cozy and personal? hard to explain but thats how it is for me anyway. pocket sized home!

thank you for participating in the thread!
xxxxxxxtumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gifAO6x9Go.giftumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gifAO6x9Go.giftumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
FRFlightPrideBannerArcane_zps17329871.png
Being able to talk in forum posts is one of my favorite things. I love feeling connected with users with similar interests. I spend way too much time scrolling through the forums

I also really like the updates and looking through the auction house
Being able to talk in forum posts is one of my favorite things. I love feeling connected with users with similar interests. I spend way too much time scrolling through the forums

I also really like the updates and looking through the auction house
I don’t know what to put here
Surprised I haven't posted here yet.

I've had a handful of very long hiatuses, spanning from several months to several years, and I think the main reason I keep coming back to this game is for the art. I love how Flight Rising looks - all the breeds, the items, the scenes, and even the site design itself. I look forward to the monthly festivals and all of the other events to see the newest breed, familiar, scene, apparel, etc. I like customizing my dragons and making something that looks cool, and seeing other people's creations. Dragons are cool. I love being able to look at pictures of dragons all day.

It's also so refreshing to interact with a forum. website. and not a website that's trying its hardest to become a mobile app (or convince you to use the mobile app), especially from a social media standpoint. I think my opinion on this ties into the nostalgia Flight Rising has and how it resembles what websites used to look like.

There's also my dragons and my clan's lore, which I have grown very attached to.

And finally, I think Flight Rising has a good balance of short-term and long-term goals. If I want to do something with immediate rewards, I have lots of options - the fairgrounds, the trading post, unlocking hibden tasks (kind of), pursuits, training and exalting dragons, etc. There are also plenty of long-term goals like getting dragons to lvl25, unlocking the whole bestiary, saving up for lair expansions and gene projects, finishing my lore, etc. There are regular updates that introduce something new on a ~weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. It's fun to play.
Surprised I haven't posted here yet.

I've had a handful of very long hiatuses, spanning from several months to several years, and I think the main reason I keep coming back to this game is for the art. I love how Flight Rising looks - all the breeds, the items, the scenes, and even the site design itself. I look forward to the monthly festivals and all of the other events to see the newest breed, familiar, scene, apparel, etc. I like customizing my dragons and making something that looks cool, and seeing other people's creations. Dragons are cool. I love being able to look at pictures of dragons all day.

It's also so refreshing to interact with a forum. website. and not a website that's trying its hardest to become a mobile app (or convince you to use the mobile app), especially from a social media standpoint. I think my opinion on this ties into the nostalgia Flight Rising has and how it resembles what websites used to look like.

There's also my dragons and my clan's lore, which I have grown very attached to.

And finally, I think Flight Rising has a good balance of short-term and long-term goals. If I want to do something with immediate rewards, I have lots of options - the fairgrounds, the trading post, unlocking hibden tasks (kind of), pursuits, training and exalting dragons, etc. There are also plenty of long-term goals like getting dragons to lvl25, unlocking the whole bestiary, saving up for lair expansions and gene projects, finishing my lore, etc. There are regular updates that introduce something new on a ~weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. It's fun to play.
Slight-Eyewing.png __
they / he +2hr

xjB7OSe.png
mAiCJNJ.png
__ __ TVPeCAO.png __ Enchanted-Libra.png
I come and go. Been gone for several months, came back for Anni. I'll probably leave again after light fest. Not planned or anything I just know myself. I love NotN. Loot is my weakness.
I come and go. Been gone for several months, came back for Anni. I'll probably leave again after light fest. Not planned or anything I just know myself. I love NotN. Loot is my weakness.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
wish i knew :|

i go on hiatus pretty often but keep coming back. i dont have an objective, dont have many serious projects, not as interested as OCs as i used to be when i was younger. i just log in and waste a bit of time here. really wish i knew what keeps making me come back. maybe its the methodic tasks to complete every day, that brings me some piece of mind idk
wish i knew :|

i go on hiatus pretty often but keep coming back. i dont have an objective, dont have many serious projects, not as interested as OCs as i used to be when i was younger. i just log in and waste a bit of time here. really wish i knew what keeps making me come back. maybe its the methodic tasks to complete every day, that brings me some piece of mind idk
2947.png Hiro
| Brazil | FR +4
Sornieth's #2 Seeker Orb connoisseur & collector
-> please ping me!
4e8c4d35dbfc48545837857d8907144346ebb180.gif
f261d312d3350311525c3447854e87c7d0c3b5ec.gif
When I was 19 in 2014 I had moved out on my own for the first time and I was really struggling to make ends meet, and I had almost no extra spending money. I got into flightrising back then because I loved roleplaying and drawing my dragons, and I loved how refreshing the site was compared to other pet sites, but also, I had an agreement with myself that even though I couldn't afford a lot of luxuries or treats I could spend 10$ from every paycheck on the game.
Suddenly that 10$ that wouldn't really afford very much of a treat in real life would get me through 2 weeks of trading dragons and game play.

I ended up homeless for a while at 20/21 and couldn't invest in flightrising, but when my life was totally upended I still played the game because it was a weird sort of stability in the middle of my real life being absolute chaos.

I took a couple of hiatus along the way, some lasting months, others lasting years, but now at this point in my life I'm an adult with a house of my own, a career, and I love checking the site because it's really nostlagic and comforting to do the little daily tasks. I have some dragons I've had since I was 19, I enjoy still having them and spoiling those dragons, other dragons are brand new and keep me invested in trading and dressing them up.

At this point I don't have a goal besides saving up for more lair space(in the most casual way possible) and once and a while I spend 10$ on payday as an old treat. :)
When I was 19 in 2014 I had moved out on my own for the first time and I was really struggling to make ends meet, and I had almost no extra spending money. I got into flightrising back then because I loved roleplaying and drawing my dragons, and I loved how refreshing the site was compared to other pet sites, but also, I had an agreement with myself that even though I couldn't afford a lot of luxuries or treats I could spend 10$ from every paycheck on the game.
Suddenly that 10$ that wouldn't really afford very much of a treat in real life would get me through 2 weeks of trading dragons and game play.

I ended up homeless for a while at 20/21 and couldn't invest in flightrising, but when my life was totally upended I still played the game because it was a weird sort of stability in the middle of my real life being absolute chaos.

I took a couple of hiatus along the way, some lasting months, others lasting years, but now at this point in my life I'm an adult with a house of my own, a career, and I love checking the site because it's really nostlagic and comforting to do the little daily tasks. I have some dragons I've had since I was 19, I enjoy still having them and spoiling those dragons, other dragons are brand new and keep me invested in trading and dressing them up.

At this point I don't have a goal besides saving up for more lair space(in the most casual way possible) and once and a while I spend 10$ on payday as an old treat. :)
oeurJSN.png
I guess too deep into it to properly quit, even when im not actually playing (like doing absolutely nothing) i still check what the new update is in hopes that it'll give me that spark it once gave me.

something about it feels so stale now, and im sure its not from the burnout, the updates have gotten very empty and theres a shift in content that i'm not really the biggest fan of...it's alright i guess but nothing feels thrilling anymore. NOTN won't have the exciting bundles of apparel that was the highlight, seeing what theme they'll go with for the clothes was awesome and now it's reduced to some forgettable trinkets that float around. The genes haven't caught my attention at all since flaunt and flair and the new breeds are mostly forgettable.

Fathoms coming out did change something though, they feel like old Flight Rising, where it was fun to just try out color combos, breed dragons to get random hatchlings and not just for fodder( because breeding ancients feels like it has no purpose to me, once you're done with the genes all they do is sit there and take up space while offering little to no character.) , seeing how the genes look on them, combining apparel to make it look new.

Now the only thing that I could hope for is that they follow up with this, release some modern centered stuff. Moderns are in a desperate need of terts for an example, or even recolors of past clothing would be awesome because they always stick to around 5 very basic colors and that hardly covers anything (for an example the blue they'd pick for the apparel wouldn't cover blues like cyan or sapphire or even steel, so it feels like another "well that sucks, guess i'll try something else moment), in general big bundles of apparel is very needed too.

I just think that this new era of ancient leaning updates feels like it's not what made flight rising special and different from other pet sites I could find. Most pet sites would limit each pet to a certain colors or clothes, everything felt very strict or very complicated and flight rising having only a medium selection of dragons but they could all be fully customized and decorated in millions of ways is what made it stand out to me.

Ancients while cool ( I like some of them despite what I say!) they feel akin to chicken smoothie to me, just a png that once you collect...that's about it. They have only a few genes to work with, only so many combos, no apparel and after their release they usually just get abandoned and get tert updates only. It feels like just collecting different stickers and once you get all the colors you want, you can't really envision them as anything else but that. With moderns you can change maybe even just 3 pieces of apparel and it already looks like a different dragon free of charge, ancients are just stuck looking like that or you reset all the funds you put into them to just freshen up the look, and at that point why bother? just buy another dragon instead.

At some point ancients just feel like they're clogging up my lair space and not providing anything, I enjoy writing stories but what I enjoy more is telling you a bit about the character through their look and ancients all just give off the exact same energy unless you buy an accent or a skin.

TLDR: The focus on ancients makes the website feel like it's just dumping filler content after filler content and missing the original appeal of flight rising (for me), so I hope that they will ride the modern train a bit and follow up with a few genes and apparel after the fathoms' release.
I guess too deep into it to properly quit, even when im not actually playing (like doing absolutely nothing) i still check what the new update is in hopes that it'll give me that spark it once gave me.

something about it feels so stale now, and im sure its not from the burnout, the updates have gotten very empty and theres a shift in content that i'm not really the biggest fan of...it's alright i guess but nothing feels thrilling anymore. NOTN won't have the exciting bundles of apparel that was the highlight, seeing what theme they'll go with for the clothes was awesome and now it's reduced to some forgettable trinkets that float around. The genes haven't caught my attention at all since flaunt and flair and the new breeds are mostly forgettable.

Fathoms coming out did change something though, they feel like old Flight Rising, where it was fun to just try out color combos, breed dragons to get random hatchlings and not just for fodder( because breeding ancients feels like it has no purpose to me, once you're done with the genes all they do is sit there and take up space while offering little to no character.) , seeing how the genes look on them, combining apparel to make it look new.

Now the only thing that I could hope for is that they follow up with this, release some modern centered stuff. Moderns are in a desperate need of terts for an example, or even recolors of past clothing would be awesome because they always stick to around 5 very basic colors and that hardly covers anything (for an example the blue they'd pick for the apparel wouldn't cover blues like cyan or sapphire or even steel, so it feels like another "well that sucks, guess i'll try something else moment), in general big bundles of apparel is very needed too.

I just think that this new era of ancient leaning updates feels like it's not what made flight rising special and different from other pet sites I could find. Most pet sites would limit each pet to a certain colors or clothes, everything felt very strict or very complicated and flight rising having only a medium selection of dragons but they could all be fully customized and decorated in millions of ways is what made it stand out to me.

Ancients while cool ( I like some of them despite what I say!) they feel akin to chicken smoothie to me, just a png that once you collect...that's about it. They have only a few genes to work with, only so many combos, no apparel and after their release they usually just get abandoned and get tert updates only. It feels like just collecting different stickers and once you get all the colors you want, you can't really envision them as anything else but that. With moderns you can change maybe even just 3 pieces of apparel and it already looks like a different dragon free of charge, ancients are just stuck looking like that or you reset all the funds you put into them to just freshen up the look, and at that point why bother? just buy another dragon instead.

At some point ancients just feel like they're clogging up my lair space and not providing anything, I enjoy writing stories but what I enjoy more is telling you a bit about the character through their look and ancients all just give off the exact same energy unless you buy an accent or a skin.

TLDR: The focus on ancients makes the website feel like it's just dumping filler content after filler content and missing the original appeal of flight rising (for me), so I hope that they will ride the modern train a bit and follow up with a few genes and apparel after the fathoms' release.
96012503.png < Don't you just want to buy them (click)stormseeker_caw_inv_zpsmwflt9it.gif
For me, it's one of the few places online I feel a piece of "the old internet" remains. I miss forums. I miss signatures. I miss playing around with BBCodes. FR's is the only forum I know of that is active as it is even with the presence of Discord. <3

I also have a lot of ongoing breeding projects, so I come back for those - and I like checking for new updates.
For me, it's one of the few places online I feel a piece of "the old internet" remains. I miss forums. I miss signatures. I miss playing around with BBCodes. FR's is the only forum I know of that is active as it is even with the presence of Discord. <3

I also have a lot of ongoing breeding projects, so I come back for those - and I like checking for new updates.
. . . . . . . . . riVr93C.png . . . .
Shalom aleichem

FR+15 ... she/her
[quote name="Eliyanah" date="2024-06-21 15:02:53" ] For me, it's one of the few places online I feel a piece of "the old internet" remains. I miss forums. I miss signatures. I miss playing around with BBCodes. FR's is the only forum I know of that is active as it is even with the presence of Discord. <3 I also have a lot of ongoing breeding projects, so I come back for those - and I like checking for new updates. [/quote] forums truly have a different online feeling compared to active messages being sent, I think that aspect of FR is great
Eliyanah wrote on 2024-06-21 15:02:53:

forums truly have a different online feeling compared to active messages being sent, I think that aspect of FR is great
96012503.png < Don't you just want to buy them (click)stormseeker_caw_inv_zpsmwflt9it.gif
fr keeps me going during the hard times. not like literally, but it's such a comfort when real life isn't going great. i've been playing for almost a decade, which feels wild. i still have 5 dragons other than my progens that i aquired during my first year-ish on FR.

other than nostalgia, i keep coming back to see what new genes, breeds, apparel, etc has been added during my hiatuses.
fr keeps me going during the hard times. not like literally, but it's such a comfort when real life isn't going great. i've been playing for almost a decade, which feels wild. i still have 5 dragons other than my progens that i aquired during my first year-ish on FR.

other than nostalgia, i keep coming back to see what new genes, breeds, apparel, etc has been added during my hiatuses.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11