Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Eating less seafood
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
For context, I'm very particular about keeping all my food stores at the same level. I always make sure I have the right number of dragons of each diet in my lair to do so, and I always feed them at around the same time (I'm +3 FR time, so whatever "between 11:00am and 6:00pm" translates to), when my clan energy is at 94%. With the dragons currently in my lair, that would usually mean 90s across the board using the default feed style.

But for the past few days, they've been eating exactly one point less of the seafood than they should, and I have no idea why. The other food types are staying at the usual number, so they can't be depleting those, and I haven't made any diet-altering breed changes or moved anyone into or from the den that could be causing it.

I've had issues like this before, but they've always been one-off occurrences or connected to site-wide energy restorations from downtimes, and they usually only last for a day or two. IIRC, this has been going on since the Fathom update, which didn't have an energy restoration that could be affecting my dragons' hunger. If anyone knows what's causing this/any possible solutions, please let me know, I find this very irritating.
For context, I'm very particular about keeping all my food stores at the same level. I always make sure I have the right number of dragons of each diet in my lair to do so, and I always feed them at around the same time (I'm +3 FR time, so whatever "between 11:00am and 6:00pm" translates to), when my clan energy is at 94%. With the dragons currently in my lair, that would usually mean 90s across the board using the default feed style.

But for the past few days, they've been eating exactly one point less of the seafood than they should, and I have no idea why. The other food types are staying at the usual number, so they can't be depleting those, and I haven't made any diet-altering breed changes or moved anyone into or from the den that could be causing it.

I've had issues like this before, but they've always been one-off occurrences or connected to site-wide energy restorations from downtimes, and they usually only last for a day or two. IIRC, this has been going on since the Fathom update, which didn't have an energy restoration that could be affecting my dragons' hunger. If anyone knows what's causing this/any possible solutions, please let me know, I find this very irritating.
VGxuHXT.png
Bump because it happened again.
Bump because it happened again.
VGxuHXT.png
This happened to me and a couple fellows on the Water Flight Discord, and I have a few more details. The issue is that some of the dragons just aren't getting hungry. Which makes sense, but I realized an interesting pattern with them. It seemed to only happen to dragons with higher IDs. It happened to every dragon of mine that had an ID of 94402962 or greater, with zero exceptions on either side. However, there was an exception for someone else: a 948xxxxx dragon got hungry, but a 946xxxxx dragon didn't. Screenshots: (notice the hunger disparity in the first screenshot between the 3 dragons on the left and the 2 dragons on the right, and disparity scattered all throughout in the second screenshot) [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/0c/73/l7SkwS0V_o.png[/img] [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/73/b2/gVQjCfiU_o.png[/img] Edit: The dragon that got hungry for the other person is a Spiral, which eats Insects and Meat. However, it seems to not be an issue in terms of food type, as my Dusthides, which eat Insects only, also did not tick. It may be an issue that does not affect specific breeds. Furthermore, the other person confirmed that this bug specifically happens at rollover.
This happened to me and a couple fellows on the Water Flight Discord, and I have a few more details.
The issue is that some of the dragons just aren't getting hungry. Which makes sense, but I realized an interesting pattern with them.
It seemed to only happen to dragons with higher IDs. It happened to every dragon of mine that had an ID of 94402962 or greater, with zero exceptions on either side.
However, there was an exception for someone else: a 948xxxxx dragon got hungry, but a 946xxxxx dragon didn't.
Screenshots: (notice the hunger disparity in the first screenshot between the 3 dragons on the left and the 2 dragons on the right, and disparity scattered all throughout in the second screenshot)
l7SkwS0V_o.png
gVQjCfiU_o.png

Edit: The dragon that got hungry for the other person is a Spiral, which eats Insects and Meat. However, it seems to not be an issue in terms of food type, as my Dusthides, which eat Insects only, also did not tick. It may be an issue that does not affect specific breeds.
Furthermore, the other person confirmed that this bug specifically happens at rollover.
hurricane - he/him - formerly CosmicHurricane - water flight - skins
A badge of a sea star with a seafoam design. Obtained during Water vs. Ice 2023 for donating to Water's raffle bank. Art by lizzytiki.A badge of an Amazon milk frog and a heliconia in the background. Daily Water badge for the Sunday of Water vs. Plague 2024. Art by brit.A badge of a rainbow in a rainforest. Daily badge for the Saturday of Water and Nature 2023. Art by brit.A badge of a toucan on a branch. Badge for exalting 250 levels during Water and Nature 2023. Art by brit.A badge of a common yabby (a species of crayfish). Daily badge for the Aqua Garden Water profit push in early 2024. Art by Dovalore.
I don't have any screenshots due to not having been online at the right time today, but I can corroborate CosmicHurricane's issue – I've noticed a couple times when feeding my dragons at ~8:00-8:02 FRT, only some of my dragons are hungry – for example, I've seen my dragons EasterEgg (50199090, nocturne F) and Valentine (42117131, imperial M) being hungry while Havenslight (71519256, pearlcatcher F) is not

I can't say for certain bc I don't know the inner workings of this website, but its probably just that dragons get hungry in order of ID, and there are so many dragons on this website (or lag exists) that the gap between early in the list and late in the list is starting to be noticeable.
I don't have any screenshots due to not having been online at the right time today, but I can corroborate CosmicHurricane's issue – I've noticed a couple times when feeding my dragons at ~8:00-8:02 FRT, only some of my dragons are hungry – for example, I've seen my dragons EasterEgg (50199090, nocturne F) and Valentine (42117131, imperial M) being hungry while Havenslight (71519256, pearlcatcher F) is not

I can't say for certain bc I don't know the inner workings of this website, but its probably just that dragons get hungry in order of ID, and there are so many dragons on this website (or lag exists) that the gap between early in the list and late in the list is starting to be noticeable.
uNAqnu8.png P9aWhak.png
v2PJF9u.png
a129Nss.png
Qsi7AgW.png
YMPbu9R.png
CitL1lh.png
@EntropicThyme no, it's been a while since the last feeding tick (8am fr) and some of my dragons didn't lose any points since rollover. it has nothing to do with id order in relation to them taking longer, but it does have to do with their IDs in the sense all the ones that didn't lose hunger are more recent dragons, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/95112297]here[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/95551793]here[/url] are good examples (second link is 3weeks younger, yet lost both hunger points [as did both their birth siblings], while first one didn't lose all the hunger [nor did their birth sibling]). the less hungry ones all seem to be within the last 2 months, since all of my dragons older than that didn't have that issue here is some of my fodder (some younger, some older than others and they eat inconsistently) [img]https://imgur.com/ZmJTqnK.png[/img] i even made sure to feed my dragons a while before rollover to make sure that only rollover does this
@EntropicThyme no, it's been a while since the last feeding tick (8am fr) and some of my dragons didn't lose any points since rollover. it has nothing to do with id order in relation to them taking longer, but it does have to do with their IDs in the sense all the ones that didn't lose hunger are more recent dragons, here and here are good examples (second link is 3weeks younger, yet lost both hunger points [as did both their birth siblings], while first one didn't lose all the hunger [nor did their birth sibling]). the less hungry ones all seem to be within the last 2 months, since all of my dragons older than that didn't have that issue
here is some of my fodder (some younger, some older than others and they eat inconsistently)
ZmJTqnK.png
i even made sure to feed my dragons a while before rollover to make sure that only rollover does this
3VXse6x.png
We've noticed this, too! Sometimes we forget to feed our dragons and we occasionally notice one or two just aren't hungry like the rest. We always thought we just arrived right after the feeding tick happened and would usually leave for a bit to try and let them get hungry (if we feed them too soon after the feeding tick, we have to feed the rest of the dragons after a while). Usually we come back after half an hour of doing stuff either somewhere else onsite or on other sites. A couple times we did notice that a dragon or two never got hungry and even when we didn't notice a not hungry dragon, we always noticed the numbers of food points used seemed smaller than before. It doesn't happen most often, and as of right now, we don't have any sort of screenshots of our own to share because we honestly didn't recognize it was a problem and just assumed it was the way feeding ticks sometimes take a minute to make every dragon hungry, but we'll definitely try to grab screenshots of our feeding amounts if we can
We've noticed this, too! Sometimes we forget to feed our dragons and we occasionally notice one or two just aren't hungry like the rest. We always thought we just arrived right after the feeding tick happened and would usually leave for a bit to try and let them get hungry (if we feed them too soon after the feeding tick, we have to feed the rest of the dragons after a while). Usually we come back after half an hour of doing stuff either somewhere else onsite or on other sites. A couple times we did notice that a dragon or two never got hungry and even when we didn't notice a not hungry dragon, we always noticed the numbers of food points used seemed smaller than before. It doesn't happen most often, and as of right now, we don't have any sort of screenshots of our own to share because we honestly didn't recognize it was a problem and just assumed it was the way feeding ticks sometimes take a minute to make every dragon hungry, but we'll definitely try to grab screenshots of our feeding amounts if we can
ldIARQG.gif oRkijoy.png
8M6oN2E.png
bybFVO1.png
qhK4FYS.png
mlHpBMC.png
kHBaXec.png
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
KNxJX97.png
41HYCJP.png
tCsqc24.png
SYiQlxK.png
FObX7rS.png
6BP8M8y.png
73vKFNE.png
gWg1WHB.png
oEGalah.png
lAvpyOQ.png
KYDGNsD.png
m7xse7B.png
3I473vH.png
8GgdVkW.png
Ut9RRot.png
SiglZNi.png
L73CX1d.gif
Because of this post I decided to check my own hunger bars, and I noticed that my event hatched Fathom was less hungry than my other sales dragons last night. I fed everyone at the time and decided to check on him again today.

At 6:09 FR server time he was full while everyone else was at 49/50 hunger.
Link to image of the dragons with server clock included.

At 10:09 he was down 1 point of hunger, while everyone else had properly ticked down again.
Link to second image to show hunger bars with server clock included.

I think Flannerie may be on to something with it being related to dragon IDs. The Fathom is much younger than my other sales dragons. I stopped breeding when the nesting bug came around, so I don't have any other younger dragons I could have noticed this happening with.
Because of this post I decided to check my own hunger bars, and I noticed that my event hatched Fathom was less hungry than my other sales dragons last night. I fed everyone at the time and decided to check on him again today.

At 6:09 FR server time he was full while everyone else was at 49/50 hunger.
Link to image of the dragons with server clock included.

At 10:09 he was down 1 point of hunger, while everyone else had properly ticked down again.
Link to second image to show hunger bars with server clock included.

I think Flannerie may be on to something with it being related to dragon IDs. The Fathom is much younger than my other sales dragons. I stopped breeding when the nesting bug came around, so I don't have any other younger dragons I could have noticed this happening with.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
Not only is it younger IDs, but it's inconsistent; [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94667667]Fauna[/url] has lost, not lost, and lost hunger these past few days. The fodder has also been pretty randomly hungry/not hungy. Here are some pictures of her hunger the past few days 20/6/24: [img]https://imgur.com/xSchj3W.png[/img] 21/6/24: [img]https://imgur.com/tFaYt5O.png[/img] 22/6/24: [img]https://imgur.com/fCBt1bv.png[/img] The ONLY consistent one i have noticed is my two older aberration kids (3weeks) never losing hunger. the rest are essentially random as long as they are under 2 months.
Not only is it younger IDs, but it's inconsistent; Fauna has lost, not lost, and lost hunger these past few days. The fodder has also been pretty randomly hungry/not hungy. Here are some pictures of her hunger the past few days
20/6/24:
xSchj3W.png
21/6/24:
tFaYt5O.png
22/6/24:
fCBt1bv.png
The ONLY consistent one i have noticed is my two older aberration kids (3weeks) never losing hunger. the rest are essentially random as long as they are under 2 months.
3VXse6x.png
Came to browse the bug report forum to investigate an issue that seems to be exactly this at its root - only my adults' food bars ticked down at the rollover tick. That was more than two hours ago now, so it's not just the usual 15 minute or so delay. Will be keeping an eye on future ticks and future rollovers.

I think for me there was a hard split between adults and hatchlings, which in practice is dragons over 5 months old and dragons under 6 days old in my lair.

edit from the next day's rollover: no issues on the non-rollover food ticks, today only my hatchlings from yesterday failed to tick down.
Came to browse the bug report forum to investigate an issue that seems to be exactly this at its root - only my adults' food bars ticked down at the rollover tick. That was more than two hours ago now, so it's not just the usual 15 minute or so delay. Will be keeping an eye on future ticks and future rollovers.

I think for me there was a hard split between adults and hatchlings, which in practice is dragons over 5 months old and dragons under 6 days old in my lair.

edit from the next day's rollover: no issues on the non-rollover food ticks, today only my hatchlings from yesterday failed to tick down.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
Same thing also happened to me twice. During both yesterday and today’s rollovers not all my non-hibden dragons got hungry. [emoji=tundra sad size=2]
Same thing also happened to me twice. During both yesterday and today’s rollovers not all my non-hibden dragons got hungry.
My username is MariLiLL | She/Her | FR +10
DLrWmez.png
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page