Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Got Dustcarve Loot from 2024 Anniversary
I was very hyped for the update and jumped on the site as soon as it was up and clicked the 'Onward!' button. There, I saw free items to claim: 1 Dormant Obelisk Statue and 1 Dustcarve Treasure Cache. I don't remember what the claim page looked like, I thought it followed the Unfathomable Odyssey theme, but it was nearly midnight, I don't remember what Dustcarve looked like and it didn't stick out to me since I thought it was just a normal claim page. [item=Dustcarve Treasure Cache] [item=Dormant Obelisk Statue] I assumed it was a starting reward to remember Dustcarve with and just hatched the guy for the anniversary (https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/95557045). But I checked the auction house to see how much the chest was worth and decided to keep it. I was active during Dustcarve Dig, I think, because I have the 8th Anniversary Scene in my hoard. However, I believe I took a long hiatus very soon after claiming the scene (only returning last November) and may not have completed the event. I certainly did not claim the obelisk statue at the time. I only realised that my case was abnormal after I told a friend to log on and claim the Obelisk/Treasure Cache, but we couldn't find the claiming page. I assumed that I couldn't find it because I'd already taken the items and asked the Flight Rising Discord, where people were confused. My current theory for what happened is that the page perhaps took a minute or two to switch over from the Dustcarve data to Unfathomable Depths, during which I claimed the completion awards for the Dustcarve Dig, which I didn't claim in 2021. But I don't know how the event worked on the other end, so this may be impossible. I'd like to keep the item/dragon but I understand if I can't. Extra notes: I am using the Opera browser on Windows 10.
I was very hyped for the update and jumped on the site as soon as it was up and clicked the 'Onward!' button. There, I saw free items to claim: 1 Dormant Obelisk Statue and 1 Dustcarve Treasure Cache. I don't remember what the claim page looked like, I thought it followed the Unfathomable Odyssey theme, but it was nearly midnight, I don't remember what Dustcarve looked like and it didn't stick out to me since I thought it was just a normal claim page.

Dustcarve Treasure Cache Dormant Obelisk Statue

I assumed it was a starting reward to remember Dustcarve with and just hatched the guy for the anniversary (https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/95557045). But I checked the auction house to see how much the chest was worth and decided to keep it.

I was active during Dustcarve Dig, I think, because I have the 8th Anniversary Scene in my hoard. However, I believe I took a long hiatus very soon after claiming the scene (only returning last November) and may not have completed the event. I certainly did not claim the obelisk statue at the time.

I only realised that my case was abnormal after I told a friend to log on and claim the Obelisk/Treasure Cache, but we couldn't find the claiming page. I assumed that I couldn't find it because I'd already taken the items and asked the Flight Rising Discord, where people were confused.

My current theory for what happened is that the page perhaps took a minute or two to switch over from the Dustcarve data to Unfathomable Depths, during which I claimed the completion awards for the Dustcarve Dig, which I didn't claim in 2021. But I don't know how the event worked on the other end, so this may be impossible.

I'd like to keep the item/dragon but I understand if I can't.

Extra notes: I am using the Opera browser on Windows 10.
This reminds me of seeing people mention getting past gifts from Galore they missed. Guess whatever's going on with that is also the case here.
This reminds me of seeing people mention getting past gifts from Galore they missed. Guess whatever's going on with that is also the case here.
pSn2GKM.png
Thanks for the report @Jay250

This is functioning as intended :)

We wanted to be certain everyone who participated in Dustcarve Dig event received their due rewards. So the Unfathomable Odyssey event (and any future events) checks if you have any outstanding rewards to collect.

We wanted to be certain everyone who participated in Dustcarve Dig event received their due rewards. So the Unfathomable Odyssey event (and any future events) checks if you have any outstanding rewards to collect.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Just another reason I love this site/game.
UYU9v2z.jpg
@Kaepora Ah thank you! That's a really cool feature, glad it exists.
@Kaepora Ah thank you! That's a really cool feature, glad it exists.
[quote name="FeDog" date="2024-06-12 16:36:58" ] Just another reason I love this site/game. [/quote] Well that's incredible, seconding this statement!
FeDog wrote on 2024-06-12 16:36:58:

Well that's incredible, seconding this statement!
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Kaepora" date="2024-06-12 14:35:20" ] Thanks for the report @Jay250 This is functioning as intended :) We wanted to be certain everyone who participated in Dustcarve Dig event received their due rewards. So the Unfathomable Odyssey event (and any future events) checks if you have any outstanding rewards to collect. [/quote] Common FR developer W. Y’all are amazing!
Kaepora wrote on 2024-06-12 14:35:20:

Common FR developer W. Y’all are amazing!
Lover of Faes and Aethers