Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | got hit with a glitch
Oof. Even if they DO actually end up helping the people who have glitched nests (as I am choosing to be unrealistically optimistic that Aequo's "don't hatch the nests" might imply) what are they going to do about the people who had assumed they were the cause of the error and hatched the nests beforehand? Since there's no real acknowledgement that this could happen or what to do about it except for this thread?

Also this post is purely to bounce this back to the front page bc I guess it's up to the users to try and let people know. :TTTTTTT
Oof. Even if they DO actually end up helping the people who have glitched nests (as I am choosing to be unrealistically optimistic that Aequo's "don't hatch the nests" might imply) what are they going to do about the people who had assumed they were the cause of the error and hatched the nests beforehand? Since there's no real acknowledgement that this could happen or what to do about it except for this thread?

Also this post is purely to bounce this back to the front page bc I guess it's up to the users to try and let people know. :TTTTTTT
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
This glitch almost exclusively only happens on mobile, no? I can't recall if there's been an official announcement about it, but I've only seen it happen on mobile

If it is the case: I really highly recommend for the time being that people only breed when you're on the computer (if you have access to one). It does catch it sometimes but otherwise it's certainly not something I'd enjoy having happen to anybody D:

I hope the devs can do something to help those who've been affected by this, as it is quite playstyle breaking and super heartbreaking when it happens
This glitch almost exclusively only happens on mobile, no? I can't recall if there's been an official announcement about it, but I've only seen it happen on mobile

If it is the case: I really highly recommend for the time being that people only breed when you're on the computer (if you have access to one). It does catch it sometimes but otherwise it's certainly not something I'd enjoy having happen to anybody D:

I hope the devs can do something to help those who've been affected by this, as it is quite playstyle breaking and super heartbreaking when it happens
AScq6qj.png
Animation + More!!! Art Sales
Wishlist || SnowyBlink Adopt Shop
Blep Bean Adopt Shop || Lore-Building Challenge!
Official Ice Subspecies Organizer!
It's AlyxSandre, not Alyxandre!
xx
responding partially to bring it back to the front and partially for my opinion:

I agree with pretty much everything said here, I’m worried to breed any fodder at all, and it goes beyond the price tag being ruined, some of these are sentimental. I wish there was a cancel nest option, and to avoid it being taken advantage of to get 4/5 eggs, apply the breeding CD regardless of if the nest was canceled or not.
responding partially to bring it back to the front and partially for my opinion:

I agree with pretty much everything said here, I’m worried to breed any fodder at all, and it goes beyond the price tag being ruined, some of these are sentimental. I wish there was a cancel nest option, and to avoid it being taken advantage of to get 4/5 eggs, apply the breeding CD regardless of if the nest was canceled or not.
4-B914-C97-9-A3-C-4320-A974-68-DF5-EF7-B715.png
hi i'm not sure if anyone has found this setting before/to be helpful but if you click on a dragon you own you can click customize and then collapse dragon details for all profiles. it only affects what you see, not others, but this could be good for people who are really nervous about offspring lists (or have already hatched glitched nests) since you won't be able to see it unless you Intentionally open it back up. sorry to everyone this has affected, i'd def rec putting them in hibden and if you need a coli team to just buy another one. it's expensive but a few days in fairgrounds should be able to buy you at least 2 which is all you really need for grinding in venues.

also to mention, i saw it a lot on earlier pages but some people seem to be acting as if the mods aren't trying to handle it but code is complicated and it has been stated that they haven't been able to replicate the glitch internally which WILL dramatically slow progress. also to be mindful that again, it is a glitch and even if they can't rollback certain things due to code, it is an accident. while it might really suck to have certain dragons bred (i can really understand concern for memorial or nest hosting being huge ones) it is an accident.

but yeah sorry that happened to you op, especially since it does affect changing flights. hopefully things can get rollbacked but even if you Do end up needing to hatch the nest you can hide the offspring list and still enjoy a very lovely gen 1 :)
hi i'm not sure if anyone has found this setting before/to be helpful but if you click on a dragon you own you can click customize and then collapse dragon details for all profiles. it only affects what you see, not others, but this could be good for people who are really nervous about offspring lists (or have already hatched glitched nests) since you won't be able to see it unless you Intentionally open it back up. sorry to everyone this has affected, i'd def rec putting them in hibden and if you need a coli team to just buy another one. it's expensive but a few days in fairgrounds should be able to buy you at least 2 which is all you really need for grinding in venues.

also to mention, i saw it a lot on earlier pages but some people seem to be acting as if the mods aren't trying to handle it but code is complicated and it has been stated that they haven't been able to replicate the glitch internally which WILL dramatically slow progress. also to be mindful that again, it is a glitch and even if they can't rollback certain things due to code, it is an accident. while it might really suck to have certain dragons bred (i can really understand concern for memorial or nest hosting being huge ones) it is an accident.

but yeah sorry that happened to you op, especially since it does affect changing flights. hopefully things can get rollbacked but even if you Do end up needing to hatch the nest you can hide the offspring list and still enjoy a very lovely gen 1 :)
Thunderback Slink holding a banner saying any pronouns, autism and adhd, and flight rising time + 3. Artist is dusthide #677935
They’re doing maintenance on the Nesting grounds tomorrow, maybe it has something to do with fixing the bug that hit you.
They’re doing maintenance on the Nesting grounds tomorrow, maybe it has something to do with fixing the bug that hit you.
[quote name="XShadowStrikerX" date="2024-06-03 18:02:40" ] They’re doing maintenance on the Nesting grounds tomorrow, maybe it has something to do with fixing the bug that hit you. [/quote] Yeah!
XShadowStrikerX wrote on 2024-06-03 18:02:40:
Yeah!
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
wow new fear unlocked [emoji=ridgeback scared size=1] I'm hopeful that tomorrow's "minor technical update" maintenance includes nest canceling and a breeding lockdown
wow new fear unlocked

I'm hopeful that tomorrow's "minor technical update" maintenance includes nest canceling and a breeding lockdown
Well, this finally motivated me to start migrating some of my permas to my hibden, lol. The rest are just gonna have to starve until this gets fixed - rip my well-fed bonus, I guess.
Well, this finally motivated me to start migrating some of my permas to my hibden, lol. The rest are just gonna have to starve until this gets fixed - rip my well-fed bonus, I guess.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
If you haven’t already seen it, they’ve made an update about this glitch

You can find it here
If you haven’t already seen it, they’ve made an update about this glitch

You can find it here