Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Festival Parchments
1 2
full support. i have gene scrolls for pretty much every breed’s fest gene because i’m anxious in the vein of “but what if i NEED it” but i’ve only used a couple - for those breeds i like best. i’d rather be able to get like five parchments and then decide later what i really wanna use them on.
full support. i have gene scrolls for pretty much every breed’s fest gene because i’m anxious in the vein of “but what if i NEED it” but i’ve only used a couple - for those breeds i like best. i’d rather be able to get like five parchments and then decide later what i really wanna use them on.
83131904.png95017032.png
93427325.png93653087.png
Support. As others have mentioned, expanding the festival genes to new ancient breeds is going to get cumbersome fast if the same method as last cycle is used.
Support. As others have mentioned, expanding the festival genes to new ancient breeds is going to get cumbersome fast if the same method as last cycle is used.
Garden-of-Shadows-Signature.png X9XFFVl.png
support it makes sense to do this going forward since they've already said that more breeds will get the festival genes each year
support it makes sense to do this going forward since they've already said that more breeds will get the festival genes each year
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Support, I find the idea of fest genes continuing to be breed specific instead of using a parchment like basically every other non-marketplace gene annoying
Support, I find the idea of fest genes continuing to be breed specific instead of using a parchment like basically every other non-marketplace gene annoying
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
Support, i think it would help more then hinder, especially if they end up giving all ancients every fest gene
Support, i think it would help more then hinder, especially if they end up giving all ancients every fest gene
[quote name="Recallback" date="2024-05-16 13:39:42" ] I guess I'll make a post here for more visbility, but with confirmation that more breeds will be getting the fest genes I feel it really is in the sites best interest to phase out the individual scrolls in Joxar with the parchment system. PRO's: -Reduces Joxar bloat -Might reduce pressure to overspend and grind during Fests -Allows users to pick up the specific breed scrolls via G&G all year round according to need, instead of having to predict in advance what they'll need or want -Reduction in bloat makes it easier to continue adding genes to new breeds, especially outside of Fests -Easier to sell/Users don't have to hope the breed they need was a popular pick for scrolls users bought that year CONs: -Contributes to bloat in G&G (imo could be fixed with a breed specific filtering system) -Users who already bought breed specific scrolls might have a harder time selling -New users might not understand how parchments work (since they're already implemented in game however, all newbies WILL have to learn eventually) -Might make it easier to buy the wrong scrolls? Hope my argument is clear, if it isn't already the plan set in motion. [/quote] I think this is the devs’ plan once other ancients get access to fest genes, like brightshine for aberrations and wavecrest for gaolers, etc ?
Recallback wrote on 2024-05-16 13:39:42:
I guess I'll make a post here for more visbility, but with confirmation that more breeds will be getting the fest genes I feel it really is in the sites best interest to phase out the individual scrolls in Joxar with the parchment system.

PRO's:
-Reduces Joxar bloat
-Might reduce pressure to overspend and grind during Fests
-Allows users to pick up the specific breed scrolls via G&G all year round according to need, instead of having to predict in advance what they'll need or want
-Reduction in bloat makes it easier to continue adding genes to new breeds, especially outside of Fests
-Easier to sell/Users don't have to hope the breed they need was a popular pick for scrolls users bought that year

CONs:
-Contributes to bloat in G&G (imo could be fixed with a breed specific filtering system)
-Users who already bought breed specific scrolls might have a harder time selling
-New users might not understand how parchments work (since they're already implemented in game however, all newbies WILL have to learn eventually)
-Might make it easier to buy the wrong scrolls?

Hope my argument is clear, if it isn't already the plan set in motion.

I think this is the devs’ plan once other ancients get access to fest genes, like brightshine for aberrations and wavecrest for gaolers, etc ?
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
[quote name="Bugbag" date="2024-05-23 17:25:00" ] [quote name="Recallback" date="2024-05-16 13:39:42" ] I guess I'll make a post here for more visbility, but with confirmation that more breeds will be getting the fest genes I feel it really is in the sites best interest to phase out the individual scrolls in Joxar with the parchment system. PRO's: -Reduces Joxar bloat -Might reduce pressure to overspend and grind during Fests -Allows users to pick up the specific breed scrolls via G&G all year round according to need, instead of having to predict in advance what they'll need or want -Reduction in bloat makes it easier to continue adding genes to new breeds, especially outside of Fests -Easier to sell/Users don't have to hope the breed they need was a popular pick for scrolls users bought that year CONs: -Contributes to bloat in G&G (imo could be fixed with a breed specific filtering system) -Users who already bought breed specific scrolls might have a harder time selling -New users might not understand how parchments work (since they're already implemented in game however, all newbies WILL have to learn eventually) -Might make it easier to buy the wrong scrolls? Hope my argument is clear, if it isn't already the plan set in motion. [/quote] I think this is the devs’ plan once other ancients get access to fest genes, like brightshine for aberrations and wavecrest for gaolers, etc ? [/quote] We have no idea if it's the plan, is the thing, because they haven't said anything beyond the fact more ancients will be getting the fest genes. They could have decided not to do it entirely because they feel that availability wouldn't fit with what users want for fest genes for all we know - so it's good to tell them otherwise on the off chance that it wasn't in the works.
Bugbag wrote on 2024-05-23 17:25:00:
Recallback wrote on 2024-05-16 13:39:42:
I guess I'll make a post here for more visbility, but with confirmation that more breeds will be getting the fest genes I feel it really is in the sites best interest to phase out the individual scrolls in Joxar with the parchment system.

PRO's:
-Reduces Joxar bloat
-Might reduce pressure to overspend and grind during Fests
-Allows users to pick up the specific breed scrolls via G&G all year round according to need, instead of having to predict in advance what they'll need or want
-Reduction in bloat makes it easier to continue adding genes to new breeds, especially outside of Fests
-Easier to sell/Users don't have to hope the breed they need was a popular pick for scrolls users bought that year

CONs:
-Contributes to bloat in G&G (imo could be fixed with a breed specific filtering system)
-Users who already bought breed specific scrolls might have a harder time selling
-New users might not understand how parchments work (since they're already implemented in game however, all newbies WILL have to learn eventually)
-Might make it easier to buy the wrong scrolls?

Hope my argument is clear, if it isn't already the plan set in motion.

I think this is the devs’ plan once other ancients get access to fest genes, like brightshine for aberrations and wavecrest for gaolers, etc ?

We have no idea if it's the plan, is the thing, because they haven't said anything beyond the fact more ancients will be getting the fest genes. They could have decided not to do it entirely because they feel that availability wouldn't fit with what users want for fest genes for all we know - so it's good to tell them otherwise on the off chance that it wasn't in the works.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
@Recallback
I suppose that’s true.
In that case, yes I support this idea.
@Recallback
I suppose that’s true.
In that case, yes I support this idea.
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
1 2