Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What do you like about breeding games?
Go to previous page
Go to page 1 Currently on page 2
Go to next page
[quote name="cabana" date="2024-05-22 11:04:34" ] for me, its simply fun to dress the lizards up n give em stories! [/quote] 100% this.
cabana wrote on 2024-05-22 11:04:34:
for me, its simply fun to dress the lizards up n give em stories!

100% this.
Come visit my lore lair! It's a fun time here.

Something strange is happening on Sornieth. All across the world, dragons have begun to be born with multiple elements. How? Why? As dragons all across Sornieth takes notice, the wheel of fate begins to turn, as one fae's search for her mysterious origins leads her down a path that could change Sornieth forever.
Ironically not the breeding part... [img]https://i.imgur.com/XA4Gy01.png[/img] I'd argue that FR is more of a collecting/customization game than a breeding game since you don't have to interact with the breeding mechanic at all. I think the feature that draws me the most to FR is the aforementioned customization, whether it be adding genes or skincents/apparel. I like dressing up dragons with pretty patterns and clothing.
Ironically not the breeding part...
XA4Gy01.png

I'd argue that FR is more of a collecting/customization game than a breeding game since you don't have to interact with the breeding mechanic at all. I think the feature that draws me the most to FR is the aforementioned customization, whether it be adding genes or skincents/apparel. I like dressing up dragons with pretty patterns and clothing.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce
I've always found myself drawn to breeding games since I first found out about them and I'm not sure if I ever figured out what about them exactly appealed to me. Its just plain ol' fun to throw two things together and see what you get out of it, I think? A lot of them also have nice art, but that's probably sort of a gimme.

Creating and tracking lineages is also really fun, if you ever dip your toes into that. I don't think I could make those spreadsheets that some people do but just clicking through offspring lists is so satisfying.
I've always found myself drawn to breeding games since I first found out about them and I'm not sure if I ever figured out what about them exactly appealed to me. Its just plain ol' fun to throw two things together and see what you get out of it, I think? A lot of them also have nice art, but that's probably sort of a gimme.

Creating and tracking lineages is also really fun, if you ever dip your toes into that. I don't think I could make those spreadsheets that some people do but just clicking through offspring lists is so satisfying.
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
I love grinding games, always have. I spend a lot of time in coli because I like the excitement of spending hours just to get an egg/skin/boss fam. Worth the grind imo.

And I just love dressing up my dragons! Taking a dragon and just being able to completely make it into your own unique thing, I love that. I will never get bored of scrying and planning outfits, I spend an embarrassing amount of time in the workshop/dressing room lol

And of course, the breeding aspect. I used to play Howrse a lot, I put about 10 years into it before I abandoned it. Also dabbled in Wolvden/Lioden, Lorwolf, etc. Nothing quite stuck like Flight Rising though. The breeding in this game is like no other. Endless possibilities. This game is, what, like over 10 years old? And there's still color combos that have NEVER existed yet. That's insane. That was initially what had me hooked on this game, but then everything else I mentioned made me stay for the long haul :D
I love grinding games, always have. I spend a lot of time in coli because I like the excitement of spending hours just to get an egg/skin/boss fam. Worth the grind imo.

And I just love dressing up my dragons! Taking a dragon and just being able to completely make it into your own unique thing, I love that. I will never get bored of scrying and planning outfits, I spend an embarrassing amount of time in the workshop/dressing room lol

And of course, the breeding aspect. I used to play Howrse a lot, I put about 10 years into it before I abandoned it. Also dabbled in Wolvden/Lioden, Lorwolf, etc. Nothing quite stuck like Flight Rising though. The breeding in this game is like no other. Endless possibilities. This game is, what, like over 10 years old? And there's still color combos that have NEVER existed yet. That's insane. That was initially what had me hooked on this game, but then everything else I mentioned made me stay for the long haul :D
3Y3t130.png xm5ofH1.png
5iXiC8z.png
G8AyR6r.png
BDPM8Vp.png
bhdEs05.png
I love breeding games so much, and I personally am here for the breeding aspect more than anything! Flight Rising has a huge spectrum of colors and genes and breeds, and we are consistently getting new genes and breeds all the time. The potential variety you can have whenever you hatch a nest is exciting to me, and I like to participate in breeding challenges that allow for some of the most variety possible.

And then once you hatch a dragon you love, you have the potential to dress them or put player-made artwork on them!

It's just such a lovely well thought out breeding system, and the customization after is super fun. Also it's not an expensive game to play! You can sell your items or dragons for premium currency and basic currency, and other players are allowed to trade between currencies with you, so it's easy to never spend actual money on the site.

I've never spent more time on a breeding/pet site before. I've been here on-and-off for over 10 years!
I love breeding games so much, and I personally am here for the breeding aspect more than anything! Flight Rising has a huge spectrum of colors and genes and breeds, and we are consistently getting new genes and breeds all the time. The potential variety you can have whenever you hatch a nest is exciting to me, and I like to participate in breeding challenges that allow for some of the most variety possible.

And then once you hatch a dragon you love, you have the potential to dress them or put player-made artwork on them!

It's just such a lovely well thought out breeding system, and the customization after is super fun. Also it's not an expensive game to play! You can sell your items or dragons for premium currency and basic currency, and other players are allowed to trade between currencies with you, so it's easy to never spend actual money on the site.

I've never spent more time on a breeding/pet site before. I've been here on-and-off for over 10 years!
CLljvdp.png a41c8bd7caa71e11f8fe6fcb18dd2bc4b3d3478d.png
Thank you for everyone's responses, I'm overjoyed to have such long and detailed explanations! :D

What would your guy's perfect game be, let's imagine we would only have the mechanics be there that you like, would there be improvements/extra's you would like to add to your fav mechanic? are there other game's mechanics you like and miss in Flight rising? What species of animals do you guys like most?
Thank you for everyone's responses, I'm overjoyed to have such long and detailed explanations! :D

What would your guy's perfect game be, let's imagine we would only have the mechanics be there that you like, would there be improvements/extra's you would like to add to your fav mechanic? are there other game's mechanics you like and miss in Flight rising? What species of animals do you guys like most?
[quote name="Amei" date="2024-05-22 15:56:08" ] I don't. I actually don't like breeding games, which is why I enjoy FR, because I don't feel like I have to engage with those systems if I don't want to! :D It's a totally optional thing in FR which is great for players like me. I have a project going on right now coincidentally, but it's so rare that I ever do breeding projects because again, I don't really like breeding systems in most pet games. I really wish new sims would shift away from breeding sim and more towards a traditional pet game but I don't see that happening any time soon unfortunately. [/quote] What would you like to see in new sims? What do you feel like you miss? What would make you happier and why? What makes a traditional pet game that would suit you? Do ya have some examples so I can better understand ya :D
Amei wrote on 2024-05-22 15:56:08:
I don't. I actually don't like breeding games, which is why I enjoy FR, because I don't feel like I have to engage with those systems if I don't want to! :D

It's a totally optional thing in FR which is great for players like me.

I have a project going on right now coincidentally, but it's so rare that I ever do breeding projects because again, I don't really like breeding systems in most pet games.

I really wish new sims would shift away from breeding sim and more towards a traditional pet game but I don't see that happening any time soon unfortunately.

What would you like to see in new sims? What do you feel like you miss? What would make you happier and why? What makes a traditional pet game that would suit you? Do ya have some examples so I can better understand ya :D
Basing my answer on Flight Rising:

Major part: Pets don't die, nor you get punished for leaving them unattended. Generally, there aren't many punishments for leaving the site for a bit - the most is event items, but those you could always buy/get.

Other major part: There isn't features locked behind a VIP-system, and the premium currency is easy to get.

Also, how lively and helpful the community is: Out of nowhere, you could get gifted something by a totally random user. That's rare in other pet sites.
Basing my answer on Flight Rising:

Major part: Pets don't die, nor you get punished for leaving them unattended. Generally, there aren't many punishments for leaving the site for a bit - the most is event items, but those you could always buy/get.

Other major part: There isn't features locked behind a VIP-system, and the premium currency is easy to get.

Also, how lively and helpful the community is: Out of nowhere, you could get gifted something by a totally random user. That's rare in other pet sites.
Feeling burnt out of Flight Rising? Check out my GUIDE !

[She/they]
(this is about FR because I currently don't play other breeding games)

I like money. it's fascinating how in-game economies work, and I notice when the game developers make it difficult to earn anything without real-world money. I think FR is very generous with ways you can earn currency.

dragons are cool too. breeding system is also very interesting, but I use it only sometimes (for breeding projects)

I like the coliseum and mini-games. +forums and how often the game updates, even after so many years. the community is very much alive and I saw many games I like fade into obscurity, so it makes me happy people are still here

and many artists are on this site, I really like seeing art of cute dragons and cool skins (I draw too)
(this is about FR because I currently don't play other breeding games)

I like money. it's fascinating how in-game economies work, and I notice when the game developers make it difficult to earn anything without real-world money. I think FR is very generous with ways you can earn currency.

dragons are cool too. breeding system is also very interesting, but I use it only sometimes (for breeding projects)

I like the coliseum and mini-games. +forums and how often the game updates, even after so many years. the community is very much alive and I saw many games I like fade into obscurity, so it makes me happy people are still here

and many artists are on this site, I really like seeing art of cute dragons and cool skins (I draw too)
timezone: FR+11
Colors and patterns! I love the variation.
Colors and patterns! I love the variation.
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
Go to previous page
Go to page 1 Currently on page 2
Go to next page