Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | There Will Come Soft Rains | OOC. Closed
This looks incredible! I'll definitely try and make a character before it opens!
This looks incredible! I'll definitely try and make a character before it opens!
iBXbO0M.png
Glad to have you onboard then! This will remain open even after the IC starts, so no need to stress if you can't finish that fast. ^o^
Glad to have you onboard then! This will remain open even after the IC starts, so no need to stress if you can't finish that fast. ^o^
[quote name="biao" date="2024-05-22 15:31:28" ] Hello everyone, I'm back with an idea, and I wanted to see you guys' opinions on it. ^0^ There's always going to be some times where a few of us have more time than the others. For those scenarios, would you guys like a separate thread for an alternate IC so that you can write a couple of interactions with each other? It'd be entirely separate from the actual Main IC, so it wouldn't leave any busier people behind. If it happens, I want to emphasize that: Think of this as an alternate form of plotting/headcanoning or as mini 1x1s or small groups within the There Will Come Small Rains universe. Participation is voluntary, and it has no impact on the Main IC and its storyline aside from developing inter-character relationships. Every mini-roleplay is a low commitment scene that you're not pressured to finish. Plan for each interaction to be short and sweet. Pick them up if you have time for a day or a week and put them down when you don't. That way, the side roleplays won't distract from the Main IC. The Main IC comes first. Please focus on it if you don't actually have time to write multiple responses. <3 Still, I could see it having some issues if slower repliers (including me) feel left out or if people bite off more than they can chew (also me). That's why I want to get your input. If you have a simple opinion, you can use the buttons below to vote anonymously. If you have any suggestions, comment or DM me. Thanks everyone. :D [/quote] That is a very unique concept, I don’t think I’ve ever done something like that. It’s a little hard to gauge how that would turn out though? I don’t see why we can’t test it for a bit and see how everyone feels. Then go from there. We could even do a silly little thing now before the IC is up? [s]I foresee myself making throw away characters for this, that might be fun :)[/s] [s][size=1]In fact I’ve been secretly brainstorming another character already who may replace Dyno[/size][/s]
biao wrote on 2024-05-22 15:31:28:

Hello everyone, I'm back with an idea, and I wanted to see you guys' opinions on it. ^0^

There's always going to be some times where a few of us have more time than the others. For those scenarios, would you guys like a separate thread for an alternate IC so that you can write a couple of interactions with each other? It'd be entirely separate from the actual Main IC, so it wouldn't leave any busier people behind.

If it happens, I want to emphasize that:

Think of this as an alternate form of plotting/headcanoning or as mini 1x1s or small groups within the There Will Come Small Rains universe. Participation is voluntary, and it has no impact on the Main IC and its storyline aside from developing inter-character relationships.

Every mini-roleplay is a low commitment scene that you're not pressured to finish. Plan for each interaction to be short and sweet. Pick them up if you have time for a day or a week and put them down when you don't. That way, the side roleplays won't distract from the Main IC.

The Main IC comes first. Please focus on it if you don't actually have time to write multiple responses. <3

Still, I could see it having some issues if slower repliers (including me) feel left out or if people bite off more than they can chew (also me). That's why I want to get your input. If you have a simple opinion, you can use the buttons below to vote anonymously. If you have any suggestions, comment or DM me. Thanks everyone. :D

That is a very unique concept, I don’t think I’ve ever done something like that. It’s a little hard to gauge how that would turn out though? I don’t see why we can’t test it for a bit and see how everyone feels. Then go from there. We could even do a silly little thing now before the IC is up?

I foresee myself making throw away characters for this, that might be fun :)

In fact I’ve been secretly brainstorming another character already who may replace Dyno
WAz2qkfx_o.gif
rG07EJKU_o.gifSSTyPktG_o.gifnDeaQokc_o.pngbcyASt99_o.pngorDOQcG6_o.pngH8kIZZBr_o.png
omg i just went back to look at everyone's characters, they're all so good??? i love them so much [emoji=heart size=1]
omg i just went back to look at everyone's characters, they're all so good??? i love them so much
cfFrvOr.png never gonna give you up
Tsukimayu
She/Her | FR +15
»PWYW Art Shop
never gonna let you down
BHtr8NX.png
Yes, I agree, all of these characters have been amazing so far! <3

Also, got your characters reserved for you, Sun. Also, I'm laughing a little right now because I saw Ulryck's appearance and thought that he looked pretty fine, and then I saw his description that was "a face only a mother could love".

@| there will come soft rains - masterlist

And thanks for your contributions everyone and for your suggestion Fish! I think I might do that, so here's the quick side IC. I'll try it out for a week or two and see how things go from there.

For now, anyone who has some free time is free to pop in and try a quick scene with whoever else has time. Here's some prompts too, though we can decide on something else together as well. While I'll be open to more, smaller groups in the future, let's stick to one idea for this test run. ^o^
  • Kitchen episode where everyone is cooking together, except half the cast probably can't cook.
  • Everyone goes shopping together and ends up saving the day when kid gets lost in the shopping mall.
  • The Viridus Project adopts a pet. Could be through the pet store, could a something they found on a mission, could be something else?
  • Someone else can suggest something more serious, I just don't have ideas related to that right now :^
Yes, I agree, all of these characters have been amazing so far! <3

Also, got your characters reserved for you, Sun. Also, I'm laughing a little right now because I saw Ulryck's appearance and thought that he looked pretty fine, and then I saw his description that was "a face only a mother could love".

@| there will come soft rains - masterlist

And thanks for your contributions everyone and for your suggestion Fish! I think I might do that, so here's the quick side IC. I'll try it out for a week or two and see how things go from there.

For now, anyone who has some free time is free to pop in and try a quick scene with whoever else has time. Here's some prompts too, though we can decide on something else together as well. While I'll be open to more, smaller groups in the future, let's stick to one idea for this test run. ^o^
  • Kitchen episode where everyone is cooking together, except half the cast probably can't cook.
  • Everyone goes shopping together and ends up saving the day when kid gets lost in the shopping mall.
  • The Viridus Project adopts a pet. Could be through the pet store, could a something they found on a mission, could be something else?
  • Someone else can suggest something more serious, I just don't have ideas related to that right now :^
Ulrych is my littley y/n fanfic boy. He's "ugly" but very obviously conventionally attractive and handsome. He's kind of a grandpa though. Goes to bed early, enjoys a glass of whiskey on occasion, does Sudoku, etc.
Ulrych is my littley y/n fanfic boy. He's "ugly" but very obviously conventionally attractive and handsome. He's kind of a grandpa though. Goes to bed early, enjoys a glass of whiskey on occasion, does Sudoku, etc.
iBXbO0M.png
If possible could I reserve the resurrection plant please? Got an idea
If possible could I reserve the resurrection plant please? Got an idea
item_pulsating_pendant_by_dogi_crimson-dab14jb.gif hello, I’m FINALHUNT
NeRpUiA.pngNQ1Ze0S.png
rUoKR6y.png
I got you down. Looking forward to that, resurrection plant sounds fun, even just from the name. [emoji=special eyes size=1]
I got you down. Looking forward to that, resurrection plant sounds fun, even just from the name.
Got a few more done! (I'm running out of space on one page oh no) [img]https://i.imgur.com/ezhnGy8.png[/img]
Got a few more done! (I'm running out of space on one page oh no)
ezhnGy8.png
Check out me and my friend's art shop!
f9a68afc37ad7e6ddeb25.png
k2NYXJG.png
LcVpTeR.png
c84a94c.png
Q505w0x.png
GAn3R3A.png
kWi52BS.png
7jtotAK.png
ScixjTN.png
q4SQrDe.png