Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Festival skin prices
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2024-05-17 12:23:58" ] Support. When it was only 10 skins, the price was expensive, but half you could get from coli chests. Festivals are meant to be fun events, but with the price tag to collect all of the festival loot (which should absolutely be feasible by a regular every-day player) its starting to look like it’s gearing toward some kind of treasure sink. 25k would be more reasonable at this point of the games life, better yet let people purchase these skins with festival currency which can be earned from coli for those who don’t want to grind out the fairgrounds [/quote] 25k feels very right to me. Or even choosing some to be bought with festival currency! I'm in full support of this thread's suggestion being implemented in some way.
Contaminate wrote on 2024-05-17 12:23:58:
Support. When it was only 10 skins, the price was expensive, but half you could get from coli chests.

Festivals are meant to be fun events, but with the price tag to collect all of the festival loot (which should absolutely be feasible by a regular every-day player) its starting to look like it’s gearing toward some kind of treasure sink.

25k would be more reasonable at this point of the games life, better yet let people purchase these skins with festival currency which can be earned from coli for those who don’t want to grind out the fairgrounds

25k feels very right to me. Or even choosing some to be bought with festival currency! I'm in full support of this thread's suggestion being implemented in some way.
JrBnUx0.pngq9GXCbk.pngsTpMZa9.png
Support.

630k is 8.4 days of maxing Fairgrounds, a third of the month just to kee up with festival skins and nothing else, and that's in addition to grinding currency during the festival work for the ever increasing amount of genes and other items.

(I very strongly recommend using dom shops though, without them I wouldn't have been able to keep up at all until now. But the availability of those is heavily dependent on other players being kind enough to offer the service.)
Support.

630k is 8.4 days of maxing Fairgrounds, a third of the month just to kee up with festival skins and nothing else, and that's in addition to grinding currency during the festival work for the ever increasing amount of genes and other items.

(I very strongly recommend using dom shops though, without them I wouldn't have been able to keep up at all until now. But the availability of those is heavily dependent on other players being kind enough to offer the service.)
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
I am not opposed to lowering the treasure cost of skins but

If a fest skin costs 35kt RN I don't think 75/100fc is fair (fest currency can wind up 1fc for 1g (or higher if light), I sometimes don't coli that hard and have to buy fest currency to supplenent brewed currency. (Also fest genes eat a lot of currency).

Maybe 35fc to be equivalent to fams?

Adding to Baldwin is also an idea I like.
I am not opposed to lowering the treasure cost of skins but

If a fest skin costs 35kt RN I don't think 75/100fc is fair (fest currency can wind up 1fc for 1g (or higher if light), I sometimes don't coli that hard and have to buy fest currency to supplenent brewed currency. (Also fest genes eat a lot of currency).

Maybe 35fc to be equivalent to fams?

Adding to Baldwin is also an idea I like.
Support.

The addition of more skins increases the cost of full Festival participation quite a bit. Festivals are supposed to be fun, but it is not fun having to shell out so much for the limited items every month.
Support.

The addition of more skins increases the cost of full Festival participation quite a bit. Festivals are supposed to be fun, but it is not fun having to shell out so much for the limited items every month.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Absolutely support. I ground the coliseum hard last month during Saturnalia (as hard as my schedule would allow) and only pulled two skins. Some kind of rebalancing feels necessary here, whether it's lower prices or increased drop rates or more Baldwin skins -- probably some combination of all three.

The rest had to come out of pocket, which basically came down to hardly buying anything because it was getting expensive fast. Had the prices been a bit lower, I would have bought more because it would have felt more worthwhile to me. Goldsinks only work if users are willing to sink money into them. FR ultimately would have pulled more out of me with lower prices than the current prices.

Economy aside, as quite a few other posters have pointed out...festivals are meant to be fun. I'm always initially excited to see all the new ways I'll be able to beautify my dragons; the thought that comes immediately after is oh crap, this is going to cost an absolute fortune. Takes a lot of the fun out of it.
Absolutely support. I ground the coliseum hard last month during Saturnalia (as hard as my schedule would allow) and only pulled two skins. Some kind of rebalancing feels necessary here, whether it's lower prices or increased drop rates or more Baldwin skins -- probably some combination of all three.

The rest had to come out of pocket, which basically came down to hardly buying anything because it was getting expensive fast. Had the prices been a bit lower, I would have bought more because it would have felt more worthwhile to me. Goldsinks only work if users are willing to sink money into them. FR ultimately would have pulled more out of me with lower prices than the current prices.

Economy aside, as quite a few other posters have pointed out...festivals are meant to be fun. I'm always initially excited to see all the new ways I'll be able to beautify my dragons; the thought that comes immediately after is oh crap, this is going to cost an absolute fortune. Takes a lot of the fun out of it.
Support.

I was already eyeing the previous skin increase because of the increase in cost (especially if you get unlucky with the Coli and are forced to buy the skin you wanted), but now it just hurts to look at.

Festival Skins are vastly different from Shop Apparel (and festival apparel, unlike festival skins, are different on the basis that there aren’t 20 pieces to collect each month) - they are only widely available in site shops one week out of the entire year and then become a randomized drop from a site shop a user can access only once a month. The Auction House should not be suggested as a solution. We’re dealing with skins in the midst of festival activity, not post-festival alternatives.
Support.

I was already eyeing the previous skin increase because of the increase in cost (especially if you get unlucky with the Coli and are forced to buy the skin you wanted), but now it just hurts to look at.

Festival Skins are vastly different from Shop Apparel (and festival apparel, unlike festival skins, are different on the basis that there aren’t 20 pieces to collect each month) - they are only widely available in site shops one week out of the entire year and then become a randomized drop from a site shop a user can access only once a month. The Auction House should not be suggested as a solution. We’re dealing with skins in the midst of festival activity, not post-festival alternatives.
-AchievementGet-
Support for lowering prices! :]

However, I don't support making some cost fest currency. This is my personal experience but with my personal life I'm not able to make a lot of fest currency the last few years which makes getting just one fest fam and a few of the fest apparel pieces really difficult with what little fest currency I make on my dailies since I don't coli. I really don't want another reason for my fest currency to get stretched even thinner ;o;

Even if I can just buy more fest currency off other users, I don't tend to do that because I like being able to buy the fest items without having to dip into my vault. There's also the issue with pricing them in fest currency since fest currency technically have a value with them being transferrable. So either the accents will be too highly priced to make it worth paying the fest or other currency for or it'll be so low that you might as well buy someone else's currency to get it, which is basically as if you were paying for close to the original treasure cost. If that makes sense?

Even for less casual players or players who don't collect every accent, I feel like a lot of their focus would also be buying more copies of potentionally popular familiars and apparel more than fest skins or accents anyway since apparel are far more versatile and fams don't have a pose + breed limit.

However, I don't support making some cost fest currency. This is my personal experience but with my personal life I'm not able to make a lot of fest currency the last few years which makes getting just one fest fam and a few of the fest apparel pieces really difficult with what little fest currency I make on my dailies since I don't coli. I really don't want another reason for my fest currency to get stretched even thinner ;o;

Even if I can just buy more fest currency off other users, I don't tend to do that because I like being able to buy the fest items without having to dip into my vault. There's also the issue with pricing them in fest currency since fest currency technically have a value with them being transferrable. So either the accents will be too highly priced to make it worth paying the fest or other currency for or it'll be so low that you might as well buy someone else's currency to get it, which is basically as if you were paying for close to the original treasure cost. If that makes sense?

Even for less casual players or players who don't collect every accent, I feel like a lot of their focus would also be buying more copies of potentionally popular familiars and apparel more than fest skins or accents anyway since apparel are far more versatile and fams don't have a pose + breed limit.
[quote name="Dottler" date="2024-05-18 10:31:56" ] Support for lowering prices! :] However, I don't support making some cost fest currency. This is my personal experience but with my personal life I'm not able to make a lot of fest currency the last few years which makes getting just one fest fam and a few of the fest apparel pieces really difficult with what little fest currency I make on my dailies since I don't coli. I really don't want another reason for my fest currency to get stretched even thinner ;o; Even if I can just buy more fest currency off other users, I don't tend to do that because I like being able to buy the fest items without having to dip into my vault. There's also the issue with pricing them in fest currency since fest currency technically have a value with them being transferrable. So either the accents will be too highly priced to make it worth paying the fest or other currency for or it'll be so low that you might as well buy someone else's currency to get it, which is basically as if you were paying for close to the original treasure cost. If that makes sense? Even for less casual players or players who don't collect every accent, I feel like a lot of their focus would also be buying more copies of potentionally popular familiars and apparel more than fest skins or accents anyway since apparel are far more versatile and fams don't have a pose + breed limit. [/quote] Just to let you know, you can brew festival currency in Baldwin at very low levels. It will net you hundreds of the currency with no coil needed. In the week leading up to the fest, drop spare familiars and apparel in there so you have materials for the 20 count festival currency recipe
Dottler wrote on 2024-05-18 10:31:56:

Just to let you know, you can brew festival currency in Baldwin at very low levels. It will net you hundreds of the currency with no coil needed. In the week leading up to the fest, drop spare familiars and apparel in there so you have materials for the 20 count festival currency recipe
sBdLZtA.png
Support

Having a mix of the various prices/costs mentioned above (especially fest currency) seem fair. Moreso as an aditional way to pay, not exclusively costing fest currency.

I keep playing FR because the event items (skins, apparel, etc) never felt out of reach to achieve, no matter how I play that fest week. If the price of skins doesn't change in relation to how many there are, keeping up with having enough funds for even just one copy of the skins that month is stressful (someone did the math above).

If there are other micro holidays close to/overlapping with a fest, it would take a lot of work and/or luck to be anything but constantly in need of funds to keep up.
Support

Having a mix of the various prices/costs mentioned above (especially fest currency) seem fair. Moreso as an aditional way to pay, not exclusively costing fest currency.

I keep playing FR because the event items (skins, apparel, etc) never felt out of reach to achieve, no matter how I play that fest week. If the price of skins doesn't change in relation to how many there are, keeping up with having enough funds for even just one copy of the skins that month is stressful (someone did the math above).

If there are other micro holidays close to/overlapping with a fest, it would take a lot of work and/or luck to be anything but constantly in need of funds to keep up.

Looking for:
Accent: FLAME REBORN

Support!

In the grand scheme of things I probably fall a step above what a 'casual' player would be. I am dedicated to doing certain things and try to cap out in the Fairgrounds when I can, but I.. don't always have the time or energy for that.

Still, I really really really love collecting the fest items. I might not 'need' it, sure, but like.. C'mon this is a dragon dress up game. We don't 'need' any of this, but we play and go after certain stuff in the game anyway because it's fun! No harm in that.

I do have to agree that festivals do often come with a lot of FOMO, at least for me. Of course you can attribute that somewhat to like I mentioned, my love of collecting things, and certainly not everybody is like that. But obviously I'm not the only one. People who play way less often than I do might love to collect the fest stuff, too!

And really, I don't think anybody here is talking about a significant price drop. Just something to make things a bit more accessible overall. With more skins/accents being put into the fest shop, the likelihood of people liking more than one also increases.
Support!

In the grand scheme of things I probably fall a step above what a 'casual' player would be. I am dedicated to doing certain things and try to cap out in the Fairgrounds when I can, but I.. don't always have the time or energy for that.

Still, I really really really love collecting the fest items. I might not 'need' it, sure, but like.. C'mon this is a dragon dress up game. We don't 'need' any of this, but we play and go after certain stuff in the game anyway because it's fun! No harm in that.

I do have to agree that festivals do often come with a lot of FOMO, at least for me. Of course you can attribute that somewhat to like I mentioned, my love of collecting things, and certainly not everybody is like that. But obviously I'm not the only one. People who play way less often than I do might love to collect the fest stuff, too!

And really, I don't think anybody here is talking about a significant price drop. Just something to make things a bit more accessible overall. With more skins/accents being put into the fest shop, the likelihood of people liking more than one also increases.
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Peuj0QZ.png
Arlo's Ancient Artifacts
Research Notes Giveaway!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13