Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Higher Fairgrounds Cap
1 2 3
[quote name="Disteerily" date="2024-05-17 04:23:11" ] Listen, eye vials came out June 7th 2018 and Glimgloom came out July 5th 2018, one month later. I have no idea what you're on about. That's not nearly enough time or data to suggest what you're saying. Every time there's a huge update on a site mechanic the gem/treasure ratio gets a little weird and then it goes back to normal after the hype dies out when people don't care any more, and it's happened every single time. I've been here for nearly 11 years to know that, and I've been using the 1:1000 for a very long time. [/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3004107#post_3004107]Eye vials[/url] actually came out at May 3rd, 2021. Searches of the 1:1300 ratio within Items For Sale can show threads with that ratio within that few years time duration. I will be completely honest that I had not been here for 11 years, but I was fairly new at Glimmer and Gloom's release by maybe around little less than a year. I didn't get into Eliminate builds until around August based on my discussions which was a year later after I decided to learn more about the economy and how to make more money. It was very difficult for me to make 'more' money at the time because of what Glimmer and Gloom caused. The high ratio showed the treasure being [b]too plentiful[/b] that people essentially ended up demanding more for it in some items (especially in gems). I had experienced it firsthand as someone who could be considered new at getting into more aspects of the site than grinding hours away at Tidal Trouble. The only thing that could help me with is treasure marketplace, but I would have to be lucky to get it on time or hope listers in the AH don't overprice it. Everything else? A whole lot harder, and I'm glad eye vials killed Glimmer and Gloom's effect on the economy. [quote name="Disteerily" date="2024-05-17 04:23:11" ] Also, making things easier for newcomers is not a bad thing. This isn't some exclusive clubhouse for people with copious amounts of free time, what it could do is bring more users into the circling economy to help flatten the curve of inflation that could be caused by more money. The supply could meet the demand just fine with all the treasure sinks currently in place going back to the site. There's so many abandoned brand new accounts because it was too hard to get into the game, along with the many older users leaving. Somethings gotta give and this economy isn't sustainable. We need to get more new users who can financially support the site as well with gem buying. It's not exactly a secret the other pet sites died off because they became riddled with in-app-purchases and their in-game economies tanked, but sitting here catering exclusively to older players to maintain a small baseline isn't going to get us anywhere either. Besides all that, it's not like I asked for the cap to be removed completely, and staff still has full control to change the number back at any given time so it's not a permanent decision either. [/quote] I'm certainly open to more ideas outside of increasing Fairground payout. There could be things such as increasing payouts of other games, so that they can somewhat complete with Glimmer and Gloom to give people more options to make more money on par with others doing it. Maybe more options outside of Baldwin, Coliseum, and Gathering to obtain items to sell. But increasing the cap needs careful consideration, especially when you take Glimmer and Gloom into mind to ensure treasure is not too plentiful to the point where gaining some items becomes a lot more difficult for newcomers. Adding treasure won't flatten the curve of inflation, it can increase it. Sinks would more of flatten that curve, and 1:1000 is good and fair for treasure and gem traders where the treasure isn't too plentiful or too valuable to come by and gems can still retain their value a bit. I can't speak for everyone else's experiences with the abandonment of accounts or other pet sites. There are numerous reasons behind the decision to leave the site altogether. May I ask why you think the economy is not stable? Treasure's still good in circulation (1:1000 shows good health unlike 1:1300 mentioned which implies treasure is too plentiful or gems are scarce). The only parts I could consider unstable would be old festival retired items. That is a part of the economy that feels a need to look into the festival items side. But sinks and faucets need proper balance for sure.
Disteerily wrote on 2024-05-17 04:23:11:
Listen, eye vials came out June 7th 2018 and Glimgloom came out July 5th 2018, one month later. I have no idea what you're on about. That's not nearly enough time or data to suggest what you're saying. Every time there's a huge update on a site mechanic the gem/treasure ratio gets a little weird and then it goes back to normal after the hype dies out when people don't care any more, and it's happened every single time. I've been here for nearly 11 years to know that, and I've been using the 1:1000 for a very long time.
Eye vials actually came out at May 3rd, 2021. Searches of the 1:1300 ratio within Items For Sale can show threads with that ratio within that few years time duration. I will be completely honest that I had not been here for 11 years, but I was fairly new at Glimmer and Gloom's release by maybe around little less than a year. I didn't get into Eliminate builds until around August based on my discussions which was a year later after I decided to learn more about the economy and how to make more money. It was very difficult for me to make 'more' money at the time because of what Glimmer and Gloom caused. The high ratio showed the treasure being too plentiful that people essentially ended up demanding more for it in some items (especially in gems). I had experienced it firsthand as someone who could be considered new at getting into more aspects of the site than grinding hours away at Tidal Trouble. The only thing that could help me with is treasure marketplace, but I would have to be lucky to get it on time or hope listers in the AH don't overprice it. Everything else? A whole lot harder, and I'm glad eye vials killed Glimmer and Gloom's effect on the economy.
Disteerily wrote on 2024-05-17 04:23:11:
Also, making things easier for newcomers is not a bad thing. This isn't some exclusive clubhouse for people with copious amounts of free time, what it could do is bring more users into the circling economy to help flatten the curve of inflation that could be caused by more money. The supply could meet the demand just fine with all the treasure sinks currently in place going back to the site.

There's so many abandoned brand new accounts because it was too hard to get into the game, along with the many older users leaving. Somethings gotta give and this economy isn't sustainable. We need to get more new users who can financially support the site as well with gem buying.

It's not exactly a secret the other pet sites died off because they became riddled with in-app-purchases and their in-game economies tanked, but sitting here catering exclusively to older players to maintain a small baseline isn't going to get us anywhere either. Besides all that, it's not like I asked for the cap to be removed completely, and staff still has full control to change the number back at any given time so it's not a permanent decision either.
I'm certainly open to more ideas outside of increasing Fairground payout. There could be things such as increasing payouts of other games, so that they can somewhat complete with Glimmer and Gloom to give people more options to make more money on par with others doing it. Maybe more options outside of Baldwin, Coliseum, and Gathering to obtain items to sell. But increasing the cap needs careful consideration, especially when you take Glimmer and Gloom into mind to ensure treasure is not too plentiful to the point where gaining some items becomes a lot more difficult for newcomers. Adding treasure won't flatten the curve of inflation, it can increase it. Sinks would more of flatten that curve, and 1:1000 is good and fair for treasure and gem traders where the treasure isn't too plentiful or too valuable to come by and gems can still retain their value a bit.

I can't speak for everyone else's experiences with the abandonment of accounts or other pet sites. There are numerous reasons behind the decision to leave the site altogether. May I ask why you think the economy is not stable? Treasure's still good in circulation (1:1000 shows good health unlike 1:1300 mentioned which implies treasure is too plentiful or gems are scarce). The only parts I could consider unstable would be old festival retired items. That is a part of the economy that feels a need to look into the festival items side. But sinks and faucets need proper balance for sure.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
I think 150k is a little steep. I could... maybe (?) support with a raise to 100k. I'd love a raise, believe me, but the points about derg inflation is truer.
I think 150k is a little steep. I could... maybe (?) support with a raise to 100k. I'd love a raise, believe me, but the points about derg inflation is truer.
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
No support, not because of any smart economics based reasoning, but this: [quote]I've noticed quite a number of people report being chronically broke; at least the people who play casually and don't do the more intensive time consuming things on the site. People who have busy lives and things to do in real life.[/quote] If this suggestion is meant to help more casual players get treasure, I don't see how this suggestion would help. To me, maxing out the Fairegrounds with Glimmer and Gloom seems like just the thing a more intense player would do, and increasing the cap would only benefit those kinds of players more.
No support, not because of any smart economics based reasoning, but this:
Quote:
I've noticed quite a number of people report being chronically broke; at least the people who play casually and don't do the more intensive time consuming things on the site. People who have busy lives and things to do in real life.
If this suggestion is meant to help more casual players get treasure, I don't see how this suggestion would help. To me, maxing out the Fairegrounds with Glimmer and Gloom seems like just the thing a more intense player would do, and increasing the cap would only benefit those kinds of players more.
XR2L6R5.png
hzM3Sr2.pngWAWs3m5.png

2PD5mX1.png I've never hoarded items before but I've made it my goal to see just how much salt I can accumulate. Send me those sweet salt stacks, you wont regret it. (4968 piles of salt)
scGIGIO.png
maxing out your daily fairgrounds, which takes about 15 minutes with a glimgloom guide, nets you 525kt a week. that's plenty. no support
maxing out your daily fairgrounds, which takes about 15 minutes with a glimgloom guide, nets you 525kt a week. that's plenty. no support
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
The thing with helping new and casual players is that you can't just make it easier to get treasure.

Because all that does is make it HARDER for them in the long run, because they will always be at a disadvantage compared to older/more hardcore players. This would just widen the gap, because those players are going to be doing whatever easy thing there is to get treasure, along with all the other ways they already earn treasure.

To be honest, FR is already incredibly easy to get into as a new player. I remember when I was new, I was always able to get one copy of each festival skin, by playing the fairgrounds. Even with the 75Kt cap.

Few things retire (which I am glad of) which means that earning the money for the majority of those items is a simple matter of time. Dragons are plentiful and cheap.

Yes, I do understand being impatient and not wanting to wait, but, sometimes you have to.

I have played games where inflation ran rampant. It wasn't fun. Places like Neopets and Aywas had it where there was a split. Things that were dirt cheap were basically junk, while anything slightly desireable/useful was super expensive. There were very very few things in the middle.

Those games felt newbie unfriendly, because they were. Older players knew all the ways to make money, and they could quite easily make tons of money from those ways, while new players, while feeling like they could make tons of money, were actually falling further behind, because they didn't know all those ways, and some of them were inaccessible to newer players (basically ways that required knowing the site in and out and/or buying desirable items to sell).

New abandoned accounts really mean nothing. There are plenty of pet sites I have joined only to leave after a week, because the game wasn't what I thought it was. Some I left much earlier because I just wasn't interested in the game or it had a feature I hated. None of those times were because money was too hard to make. (I am not saying that people wouldn't leave because of it, just that it wasn't a reason for my leaving numerous petsites).

People join a site, and they don't know what it is like. It can sound fun, but ultimately doesn't appeal to them, so they just abandon it and go on to the next site, looking for one that fits them better. Sometimes people join a site just to get a username in case they ever decide to come back to that site, and then forget all about it. Sometimes those accounts might be because of an older player multiaccounting to get something.

Basically, unless the person who abandoned that account told you that the reason they did so was because it was difficult to make treasure, there really is no way to know why.

I could potentially see a raise to 100K, but even then, I am not really sure it is needed.
The thing with helping new and casual players is that you can't just make it easier to get treasure.

Because all that does is make it HARDER for them in the long run, because they will always be at a disadvantage compared to older/more hardcore players. This would just widen the gap, because those players are going to be doing whatever easy thing there is to get treasure, along with all the other ways they already earn treasure.

To be honest, FR is already incredibly easy to get into as a new player. I remember when I was new, I was always able to get one copy of each festival skin, by playing the fairgrounds. Even with the 75Kt cap.

Few things retire (which I am glad of) which means that earning the money for the majority of those items is a simple matter of time. Dragons are plentiful and cheap.

Yes, I do understand being impatient and not wanting to wait, but, sometimes you have to.

I have played games where inflation ran rampant. It wasn't fun. Places like Neopets and Aywas had it where there was a split. Things that were dirt cheap were basically junk, while anything slightly desireable/useful was super expensive. There were very very few things in the middle.

Those games felt newbie unfriendly, because they were. Older players knew all the ways to make money, and they could quite easily make tons of money from those ways, while new players, while feeling like they could make tons of money, were actually falling further behind, because they didn't know all those ways, and some of them were inaccessible to newer players (basically ways that required knowing the site in and out and/or buying desirable items to sell).

New abandoned accounts really mean nothing. There are plenty of pet sites I have joined only to leave after a week, because the game wasn't what I thought it was. Some I left much earlier because I just wasn't interested in the game or it had a feature I hated. None of those times were because money was too hard to make. (I am not saying that people wouldn't leave because of it, just that it wasn't a reason for my leaving numerous petsites).

People join a site, and they don't know what it is like. It can sound fun, but ultimately doesn't appeal to them, so they just abandon it and go on to the next site, looking for one that fits them better. Sometimes people join a site just to get a username in case they ever decide to come back to that site, and then forget all about it. Sometimes those accounts might be because of an older player multiaccounting to get something.

Basically, unless the person who abandoned that account told you that the reason they did so was because it was difficult to make treasure, there really is no way to know why.

I could potentially see a raise to 100K, but even then, I am not really sure it is needed.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support.
I'm not saying I want all new/casual players to """git gud""" and spend hours a day grinding or not be able to afford anything ever, but FR's only gameplay element is spending time and clicking. The site rewards time spent on it and doing site activities, that's the the point.
Plus, treasure isn't finite. A new player might not save up for an item in a week, but they can get the same item later if they wait a while and do some G&G or coli a few times a week.
No support.
I'm not saying I want all new/casual players to """git gud""" and spend hours a day grinding or not be able to afford anything ever, but FR's only gameplay element is spending time and clicking. The site rewards time spent on it and doing site activities, that's the the point.
Plus, treasure isn't finite. A new player might not save up for an item in a week, but they can get the same item later if they wait a while and do some G&G or coli a few times a week.
There will be something here. Eventually.
Raising the fairgrounds limit would actually hinder casual players because treasure would be worth less, not more.
Raising the fairgrounds limit would actually hinder casual players because treasure would be worth less, not more.
The thing about game economies and real economies is that real economies are actually based on something tangible that can be passed around and cycled. Which is why "print more money" doesn't work, but also why "move money out of the hands of those that aren't cycling it" does. Flight Rising, being a digital economy, is assigning number values to players based on effort (games, familiars, et cetra) and allowing players to move some of their "value" to other players in the form of treasure, gems, and items. There's nothing actually being cycled, there's a generator and a sink. The generator generates, and to prevent excess, the sink takes what it can where appropriate. No support.
The thing about game economies and real economies is that real economies are actually based on something tangible that can be passed around and cycled. Which is why "print more money" doesn't work, but also why "move money out of the hands of those that aren't cycling it" does. Flight Rising, being a digital economy, is assigning number values to players based on effort (games, familiars, et cetra) and allowing players to move some of their "value" to other players in the form of treasure, gems, and items. There's nothing actually being cycled, there's a generator and a sink. The generator generates, and to prevent excess, the sink takes what it can where appropriate. No support.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
I would like it very much if each game paid out a bit more per level, and/or if the total that could be earned from the Fairgrounds was a bit higher. Even a cap of 80,000 would be nice! I don't mind grinding when I have the time, but sometimes it takes nearly 2 hours to hit the cap, which is tough. Shock Switch in particular seems oddly proportioned in terms of payout; sometimes it seems pretty high-dollar (uh, high-treasure??) in its returns, and then sometimes I keep it going for over an hour on Hard setting and only get 10-20k, which seems absurdly low.
I would like it very much if each game paid out a bit more per level, and/or if the total that could be earned from the Fairgrounds was a bit higher. Even a cap of 80,000 would be nice! I don't mind grinding when I have the time, but sometimes it takes nearly 2 hours to hit the cap, which is tough. Shock Switch in particular seems oddly proportioned in terms of payout; sometimes it seems pretty high-dollar (uh, high-treasure??) in its returns, and then sometimes I keep it going for over an hour on Hard setting and only get 10-20k, which seems absurdly low.
No support. I think the fairgrounds cap should be reduced to 50,000 and the payouts to the games should be raised significantly so that it doesn't take an hour of grinding on games other than G&G to max out.

I also think that the prices of the festival skins need to be drastically lowered because even without changing the cap it's impossible to earn enough treasure to buy all the skins even if you max out 75kt for a week. It's even worse now that there's 18 skins per festival. Charging 35kt per skin is quite frankly absurd and very casual unfriendly.
No support. I think the fairgrounds cap should be reduced to 50,000 and the payouts to the games should be raised significantly so that it doesn't take an hour of grinding on games other than G&G to max out.

I also think that the prices of the festival skins need to be drastically lowered because even without changing the cap it's impossible to earn enough treasure to buy all the skins even if you max out 75kt for a week. It's even worse now that there's 18 skins per festival. Charging 35kt per skin is quite frankly absurd and very casual unfriendly.
1 2 3