Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | things you used to dislike and now like
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
There's all kinds of things I didn't like as a kid for whatever reason, but the two big ones I can think of off of the top of my head are pickles and pockets.

Pickles are pretty self-explanatory, as I used to think pickles were too slimy or gross, yet now I love stuff like pickles on sandwiches, fried pickles, even just straight from the jar. Especially ones with a bit of spice to them.

Pockets are a bit weirder though, because as a small child, I pretty much refused to believe in them for whatever reason. I would refuse to use them, never put anything in them, and decline when told I could put something in my pockets instead of holding everything. This actually led to a story where, as a small child, I stole a small handful of bolts from a Home Depot, and the only reason I ever got caught was because of my prejudice against pockets. I was still a very small child, so my father, who had taken me with him, always wanted me to hold his hand when walking in the parking lot. I had managed to smuggle the bolts out of the store in my little fist, and when we were walking back to the car my dad naturally went to hold my hand. The same one that had the stolen bolts. When I refused to open my palm to hold his hand, he realized something was in it and opened it to reveal my stolen goods. I dropped the bolts on the asphalt, and he scolded me, telling me to never do that again. The thing was I had pockets, and if I had just put them in my pocket rather than hold them in my hand, I would have totally gotten away with it.

Now I love pockets, and I always have to get clothes with them. Constantly use them and get dissapointed when my pants don't have any.
There's all kinds of things I didn't like as a kid for whatever reason, but the two big ones I can think of off of the top of my head are pickles and pockets.

Pickles are pretty self-explanatory, as I used to think pickles were too slimy or gross, yet now I love stuff like pickles on sandwiches, fried pickles, even just straight from the jar. Especially ones with a bit of spice to them.

Pockets are a bit weirder though, because as a small child, I pretty much refused to believe in them for whatever reason. I would refuse to use them, never put anything in them, and decline when told I could put something in my pockets instead of holding everything. This actually led to a story where, as a small child, I stole a small handful of bolts from a Home Depot, and the only reason I ever got caught was because of my prejudice against pockets. I was still a very small child, so my father, who had taken me with him, always wanted me to hold his hand when walking in the parking lot. I had managed to smuggle the bolts out of the store in my little fist, and when we were walking back to the car my dad naturally went to hold my hand. The same one that had the stolen bolts. When I refused to open my palm to hold his hand, he realized something was in it and opened it to reveal my stolen goods. I dropped the bolts on the asphalt, and he scolded me, telling me to never do that again. The thing was I had pockets, and if I had just put them in my pocket rather than hold them in my hand, I would have totally gotten away with it.

Now I love pockets, and I always have to get clothes with them. Constantly use them and get dissapointed when my pants don't have any.
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif saTxNdL.pngqqLBHcq.png nHkph7f.png
Loki from the Disney Marvel franchise. I didn't get his appeal until I saw the _Loki_ miniseries. Of course best Loki is Gator Loki, though.
Loki from the Disney Marvel franchise. I didn't get his appeal until I saw the _Loki_ miniseries. Of course best Loki is Gator Loki, though.
Went my whole life thinking broccoli was one of the most foul vegetables, but it turns out it's good when.... it's actually cooked. Once I had some in a good stir fry I was so so so mad everyone tried to make me eat raw or plain broccoli. Why do we do this? Why insist on eating raw vegetables when we have the ability to cook?
Went my whole life thinking broccoli was one of the most foul vegetables, but it turns out it's good when.... it's actually cooked. Once I had some in a good stir fry I was so so so mad everyone tried to make me eat raw or plain broccoli. Why do we do this? Why insist on eating raw vegetables when we have the ability to cook?
A rotating signature of Elden Ring talisman items._
♦ He/Him | FR+2
Hatchery
Art Shop
Achievement Tips
___________________signature%2090.png
Pink got shoved down my throat as an AFAB kid, so I came to hate it. After working out my identity, I finally let myself like "girly" things again, including the color pink. It's the color of strawberry candy and little cat paws.
Pink got shoved down my throat as an AFAB kid, so I came to hate it. After working out my identity, I finally let myself like "girly" things again, including the color pink. It's the color of strawberry candy and little cat paws.
blueberries. i hated that they had such big seeds and were almost shriveled until i started growing my own. it was the store that was the problem ig
blueberries. i hated that they had such big seeds and were almost shriveled until i started growing my own. it was the store that was the problem ig
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
[quote name="SkeleTelestic" date="2024-05-13 16:19:34" ] Pink got shoved down my throat as an AFAB kid, so I came to hate it. After working out my identity, I finally let myself like "girly" things again, including the color pink. It's the color of strawberry candy and little cat paws. [/quote] same!!! i'm a trans guy, and i used to hate pink, but now it's my favourite colour!
SkeleTelestic wrote on 2024-05-13 16:19:34:
same!!! i'm a trans guy, and i used to hate pink, but now it's my favourite colour!
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
Key lime pie. I thought it was nasty as a kid, but once I got older I realized I actually like it quite a bit!
Key lime pie. I thought it was nasty as a kid, but once I got older I realized I actually like it quite a bit!
cor7xR1.gifYtbHYZr.gif x8bDWFu.png
KwxLkEj.png
9R2Unq1.png
CPMK3ES.gif
I used to strongly dislike cats as a young child. Not sure where exactly this came from, but I suspect it was because my parents were very much the "dogs rule cats drool" type of dog people. None of my relatives or friends owned a cat either, so I lived most of my life thinking that cats were aggressive, unfriendly little goblins that hated all of mankind.

Then one day a raggedy little stray cat followed me home. Nobody claimed him, so I ended up stuck with him. Then I met my wife, who had her own cat that ended up bonding with the stray, so then we had two cats. Three years later, we now have four cats because two more strays decided to show up and refuse to leave.

I'm still not sure if I was really meant to be a cat person, but at this point I'm way outnumbered by them and need to suck up to my new overlords, so I think I like cats now.

I used to strongly dislike cats as a young child. Not sure where exactly this came from, but I suspect it was because my parents were very much the "dogs rule cats drool" type of dog people. None of my relatives or friends owned a cat either, so I lived most of my life thinking that cats were aggressive, unfriendly little goblins that hated all of mankind.

Then one day a raggedy little stray cat followed me home. Nobody claimed him, so I ended up stuck with him. Then I met my wife, who had her own cat that ended up bonding with the stray, so then we had two cats. Three years later, we now have four cats because two more strays decided to show up and refuse to leave.

I'm still not sure if I was really meant to be a cat person, but at this point I'm way outnumbered by them and need to suck up to my new overlords, so I think I like cats now.

easily mushrooms for me! I couldn't stand them at all as a kid, but now I think they're really good, especially in soup.
easily mushrooms for me! I couldn't stand them at all as a kid, but now I think they're really good, especially in soup.
Bigender (Bigender alt flag 2)G8AyR6r.png
Likes Women (Pink)aswleyP.png
6ZdcGpT.pngwthFnM3.png
Th14ReimuBackSprite.pngtumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gifTh09MarisaBackSprite.png
I used to hate donuts. I don't know why but I did. Then on one fated day I ate one from 7-eleven and decided I liked them
I used to hate donuts. I don't know why but I did. Then on one fated day I ate one from 7-eleven and decided I liked them
< using my brain powers to get you to buy for 850g MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
about me
93641105.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14