Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | anime recommendations?
[quote name="AbyssalEve" date="2024-05-01 02:28:36" ] Made in Abyss [/quote] i really enjoyed made in abyss but good lord, do not watch it if you're sensitive to.....anything. i have a pretty strong tolerance for nastiness but i had to pause a few times during one scene bc i genuinely was getting a little lightheaded. i do recommend if you are made of tough stuff but it's not something i would tell just anybody to go ahead and watch lol. anyway. some of my favorite anime are soul eater, one punch man, and death note. :)
AbyssalEve wrote on 2024-05-01 02:28:36:
Made in Abyss
i really enjoyed made in abyss but good lord, do not watch it if you're sensitive to.....anything. i have a pretty strong tolerance for nastiness but i had to pause a few times during one scene bc i genuinely was getting a little lightheaded. i do recommend if you are made of tough stuff but it's not something i would tell just anybody to go ahead and watch lol.

anyway.

some of my favorite anime are soul eater, one punch man, and death note. :)
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
omg FLCL so true! i, too, hate sour drinks.

Here are my recs:
Chainsaw Man (opening is a banger and all the endings are different in music and MV- animation is also 10/10)
Fullmetal Alchemist (a classic)
Attack on Titan (watched ever since S1 came out- it goes hard. don't let the death of media literacy turn you off of it)
Soul Eater (GOES SO HARD)

omg FLCL so true! i, too, hate sour drinks.

Here are my recs:
Chainsaw Man (opening is a banger and all the endings are different in music and MV- animation is also 10/10)
Fullmetal Alchemist (a classic)
Attack on Titan (watched ever since S1 came out- it goes hard. don't let the death of media literacy turn you off of it)
Soul Eater (GOES SO HARD)

giphy.gif9hqcHsy.png zoO3i8B.pngY7MOfeL.png4SVfFPD.pnggiphy.gif
UGfQoi6.pngPl6YAjt.png KV5d5h7.png
Dungeon Meshi is what I'm currently watching, and its super good! Im just barely finished with the first season.

BNA / Brand New Animal was also pretty neat.
Dungeon Meshi is what I'm currently watching, and its super good! Im just barely finished with the first season.

BNA / Brand New Animal was also pretty neat.
:Mysterious Relief: item

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
i highly recommend soul eater, it was one of my favorites when i first started watching anime! ^_^
i highly recommend soul eater, it was one of my favorites when i first started watching anime! ^_^
jHSxBWy.png
mlHpBMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Delicious in Dungeon!
Delicious in Dungeon!
@skinklegs [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/7qsQMuZ.png[/img][/center]
@skinklegs
7qsQMuZ.png
E0wjMW6.gif b7tA1j8.gif ljnC76Z.gif]
[quote name="@AbyssalEve" date="2024-05-01 16:13:15" ] @skinklegs [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/7qsQMuZ.png[/img][/center] [/quote] it was the arm scene that got me. :') loved made in abyss! great series! can never recommend it to anyone!
@AbyssalEve wrote on 2024-05-01 16:13:15:
it was the arm scene that got me. :')

loved made in abyss! great series! can never recommend it to anyone!
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
Seconding JJK, Trigun, Castlevania, and Parasyte :)

If you want some funny hahas, I recommend Way of the House Husband. It's great, I love it. Follows a retired yakuza turned house husband.

Castlevania and WOTHH are both on netflix.
Also, if you like superhero type stuff, BNHA is a good one :)

EDIT:
The first season and the movie for JJK is on netflix as well. Must have just added it, because last time I was on netflix it wasn't on there lol
Seconding JJK, Trigun, Castlevania, and Parasyte :)

If you want some funny hahas, I recommend Way of the House Husband. It's great, I love it. Follows a retired yakuza turned house husband.

Castlevania and WOTHH are both on netflix.
Also, if you like superhero type stuff, BNHA is a good one :)

EDIT:
The first season and the movie for JJK is on netflix as well. Must have just added it, because last time I was on netflix it wasn't on there lol
oooooooooo YLVUOKI.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
ADULT LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
Just checked to make sure it's still available, but one of my absolute favorite old anime is called Mushi-shi. It's about a guy named Ginko who wanders around Japan in a time period slightly before the modern era, dealing with little invisible critters called "mushishi" that cause various semi-supernatural effects. It is maybe the chillest anime I've ever seen, since most of the time the problem is "this kid can draw things that come to life" or "my jacket's possessed," instead of "oh no everything is trying to murder us!!!" They really emphasize that the mushishi are a part of the world like everything else, and we need to learn to live with them.
Just checked to make sure it's still available, but one of my absolute favorite old anime is called Mushi-shi. It's about a guy named Ginko who wanders around Japan in a time period slightly before the modern era, dealing with little invisible critters called "mushishi" that cause various semi-supernatural effects. It is maybe the chillest anime I've ever seen, since most of the time the problem is "this kid can draw things that come to life" or "my jacket's possessed," instead of "oh no everything is trying to murder us!!!" They really emphasize that the mushishi are a part of the world like everything else, and we need to learn to live with them.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
Adding to the chorus of Delicious in Dungeon, Jujutsu Kaisen, Trigun Stampede, and Wolf's Rain!

Additional recommendations:
-Witch Hunter Robin
-Ancient Magus Bride
-Higurashi When They Cry
Adding to the chorus of Delicious in Dungeon, Jujutsu Kaisen, Trigun Stampede, and Wolf's Rain!

Additional recommendations:
-Witch Hunter Robin
-Ancient Magus Bride
-Higurashi When They Cry
w9bDUNq.pngMUYNhfy.pngPgv53XB.png
9D8YYS1.png