Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 87 88
Today I read a relationship advice book. So far the intro was “This works, trust us.” XD

Both have merits! If something is fantastic, series gives more juicy content. If something is ridiculously complicated, standalone ends before you need a bulletin board to keep track of who’s who.
Today I read a relationship advice book. So far the intro was “This works, trust us.” XD

Both have merits! If something is fantastic, series gives more juicy content. If something is ridiculously complicated, standalone ends before you need a bulletin board to keep track of who’s who.
Three Nature eggs with pale yellow sprouting tops sitting on a gold-lined leaf bed against a green background. 3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png
I continued reading the silver eyes, and its still jus. fairly god. read better in the genre, read worse lol. im having fun tho and thats what matters

and i tend to prefer longer books, especially series. having such a large story usually gives me a lot of insight into an authors talents, and is a lot to read :] although i dont have much time to read lately alas
I continued reading the silver eyes, and its still jus. fairly god. read better in the genre, read worse lol. im having fun tho and thats what matters

and i tend to prefer longer books, especially series. having such a large story usually gives me a lot of insight into an authors talents, and is a lot to read :] although i dont have much time to read lately alas
f282e074cdf53330182445ba3db1235c26fc602a.gifGIF by @Anivia
[b]Daily reading[/b] About 35% of the way through Yellowface and really enjoying it still! I'm having a hard time picking out a quote because, while there are so many good ones, they're super context-dependent...The only downside to reading it on my kindle is every time I open the case, I get ads for AI-written and illustrated books and it's driving me up a freaking WALL [emoji=gaoler angry size=1] [b]Daily question: Do you prefer shorter or longer books? Series or standalone?[/b] I'm a big mood reader so it all depends on what I'm feeling in the moment. I don't want to read loooonnnggg books if they're not on a topic I feel particularly passionate about, but I have this hang-up about short books "counting" toward my reading goal or not because they were short. Sigh. I'll stick to the 300-450 page range usually
Daily reading
About 35% of the way through Yellowface and really enjoying it still! I'm having a hard time picking out a quote because, while there are so many good ones, they're super context-dependent...The only downside to reading it on my kindle is every time I open the case, I get ads for AI-written and illustrated books and it's driving me up a freaking WALL

Daily question: Do you prefer shorter or longer books? Series or standalone?
I'm a big mood reader so it all depends on what I'm feeling in the moment. I don't want to read loooonnnggg books if they're not on a topic I feel particularly passionate about, but I have this hang-up about short books "counting" toward my reading goal or not because they were short. Sigh. I'll stick to the 300-450 page range usually
......................... tumblr_inline_mlln9e2VE81qz4rgp.png
S P O O K
acolyte of the icewarden
fr+3 • gaoler lover
tumblr_inline_mlln9hTsyE1qz4rgp.png
more dragon fic!! very enjoyable

daily question: whatever the story is paced and plotted properly for. too often series are written when a standalone would've been better. other times, im glad there's more books to read to explore the characters and world in more depth
more dragon fic!! very enjoyable

daily question: whatever the story is paced and plotted properly for. too often series are written when a standalone would've been better. other times, im glad there's more books to read to explore the characters and world in more depth
DRAGONS !
@sunfiche may I ask for this week’s badges on the front page at the finale, please? I didn’t grab this week’s codes yet and the first half will take some digging to go back ^^’
@sunfiche may I ask for this week’s badges on the front page at the finale, please? I didn’t grab this week’s codes yet and the first half will take some digging to go back ^^’
Three Nature eggs with pale yellow sprouting tops sitting on a gold-lined leaf bed against a green background. 3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png
Do you prefer shorter or longer books? Series or standalone?

Both! I like series (though prefer it if they’re kept to 3 - 5 books. No shade to Brandon Sanderson, but there’s just too many books in the Cosmere for me to keep track of which I’ve read or not!)

Sometimes I don’t have the energy to read a long book/series though - in which case a standalone novel is better.

Daily reading

Complete Traditional Recipe Book - Sarah Edington. it’s pretty interesting! Already picked out a few things I wanna try in the future.

Both! I like series (though prefer it if they’re kept to 3 - 5 books. No shade to Brandon Sanderson, but there’s just too many books in the Cosmere for me to keep track of which I’ve read or not!)

Sometimes I don’t have the energy to read a long book/series though - in which case a standalone novel is better.

Daily reading

Complete Traditional Recipe Book - Sarah Edington. it’s pretty interesting! Already picked out a few things I wanna try in the future.
longer books in a series for sure, for sure!! all my fave books come as later additions to longer series. i just find the world building really has a chance to stretch its legs and relationships to really build over a series rather than a single book. the coalescence of book-spanning plot threads or events just hits different when its in a series~

Daily Reading
speaking of enjoying series, i just finished the last of the first era Mistborn trilogy!! The Hero of Ages, it was so good. i wept.... >_>
longer books in a series for sure, for sure!! all my fave books come as later additions to longer series. i just find the world building really has a chance to stretch its legs and relationships to really build over a series rather than a single book. the coalescence of book-spanning plot threads or events just hits different when its in a series~

Daily Reading
speaking of enjoying series, i just finished the last of the first era Mistborn trilogy!! The Hero of Ages, it was so good. i wept.... >_>
Ccnk6GC.gifS5BGfck.gifCSkG6yq.gifMMfFirK.gifRKtq0HD.gifOLv0Mii.gif92mLQx5.gif92ST5Ld.gif
Daily Reading: back to more technology articles for school! Read one about Microsoft's closed source AI program "Microsoft’s New AI Makes Convincing Deepfakes Worryingly Easy ".

OOF! I really enjoy books that are anthologies, a bunch of short stories collected in one book. So I guess I'd say shorter books in a series!
If I were to read a longer book though, I'd like it better if it were a standalone.
(i have commitment issues when it comes to being consistent lol)
Daily Reading: back to more technology articles for school! Read one about Microsoft's closed source AI program "Microsoft’s New AI Makes Convincing Deepfakes Worryingly Easy ".

OOF! I really enjoy books that are anthologies, a bunch of short stories collected in one book. So I guess I'd say shorter books in a series!
If I were to read a longer book though, I'd like it better if it were a standalone.
(i have commitment issues when it comes to being consistent lol)
4IPwDSn.pngsCaCbZg.gif[url][/url]Suntan Participation Badge

I really like to swap between reading a book from a series and then a standalone. I also do this with genres and friend recommendations. I think I just like grouping my books into little piles and planning out how I'll read them.

I've started reading a pretty large book right now, the first in a series called The Dwarves by Markus Heitz. But I will read mangas which are short along the way. So Both?

I really like to swap between reading a book from a series and then a standalone. I also do this with genres and friend recommendations. I think I just like grouping my books into little piles and planning out how I'll read them.

I've started reading a pretty large book right now, the first in a series called The Dwarves by Markus Heitz. But I will read mangas which are short along the way. So Both?
> Wishlist
> 9+ FR |

gLbZUkF.pngygWzlbs.png VOCilq9.pngixjjkD1.pngJBnnpHx.pngexUrsEs.pngexUrsEs.pngV5xJ3C6.png9oWXBNn.png bzEU9i1.pngGydxiO7.png
7T1GlRm.png
Question:
It reaaaally depends on the story. I'll read just about any length of story or series if it interests me enough! I guess I have a slight preference for series because I love worldbuilding and that usually is easier to do in a series!

Today I read a cute, short fic! like... 80% of fics I read are Haikyuu!!, which is a volleyball series. This one was a sudden de-age fic where one of the characters is suddenly a kid! Everyone on the team is absolutely enamored with him. We find out it happened because he was stressed/sad/anxious about something with his twin brother. It was a little sweet and cute.
Question:
It reaaaally depends on the story. I'll read just about any length of story or series if it interests me enough! I guess I have a slight preference for series because I love worldbuilding and that usually is easier to do in a series!

Today I read a cute, short fic! like... 80% of fics I read are Haikyuu!!, which is a volleyball series. This one was a sudden de-age fic where one of the characters is suddenly a kid! Everyone on the team is absolutely enamored with him. We find out it happened because he was stressed/sad/anxious about something with his twin brother. It was a little sweet and cute.
TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 87 88