Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds: Dusthide Dragons
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 91 92
[quote name="Sonne" date="2024-04-19 01:23:15" ] [quote name="SharaIshvalda" date="2024-04-18 07:24:24" ] Nope, still a hater about these. Design wise they're very boring and I'm getting real tired of Ancients being bloody Moderns. Wasn't the point of Ancients to give us more dragons but ALSO break Modern conventions? And yet I'd wager 90% of the Ancients we have right now are literally just. Moderns. No hope for the Wind and Light Ancient since they're going to be gem breeds no doubt, so they'll also be safe and boring and augh. Not even asking for something out there like an eldritch abomination; I just want something that encapsulate the idea of an Ancient. A hydra, a wyrm, a lindwurm, anything that isn't "this is literally a Modern". [/quote] If you don't like them, don't have any. You're allowed to be disappointed and say why you don't like them, but this is borderline rude to the people working on this game - they don't have to give you any of these breeds. For some people they do break convention in what they see, sorry that they're not good enough for you but plenty of people are happy. I see later in the thread you're arguing against people saying they're different enough - that is your opinion and other people are allowed to think they're different enough. Line breaking terts does make them different in my opinion. Also a lot of what you state for wanting new breeds based on is very similar to what Undertides and Auraboas have going on, and lots of people have also been vocal about not wanting anymore snake-esq breeds because Undertide and Auraboa were too similar. So you can't please everyone and staff clearly still want these guys to look like 'dragons'. Either way, I understand not liking these guys, they're fine for me but I'm not running to get more. But like, be respectful. You don't get to decide you're 'bloody tired' of how ancients work, because yeah, you're not entitled to like all this websites content and it just feels rude. Staff put a lot of time and energy into this website and we should be grateful we're getting good content 10 years into the site. [/quote] Actually, the staff is 100% fine with negative opinions and criticism and I have expressed myself fairly :) what is rude however is you coming in here and telling me to be quiet and calling me entitled for not liking 1 (one) release. Lol. I don't give criticism because I hate the staff and I want them to personally suffer and whatever you think, I give criticism because I love this site and I want it to do better. I love the idea behind the Ancients, I want to see them actually be actualised. But we are nine breeds in and the majority can easily be Moderns. THAT is my disappointment. THAT is why I am feeling like a hater. THAT is why I am bloody tired. They said they can do anything with Ancients, yet they keep sticking to the same bodyplan a Modern has. I'm not the only one who feels this way, please defer to the people I was supposedly "arguing" against.
Sonne wrote on 2024-04-19 01:23:15:
SharaIshvalda wrote on 2024-04-18 07:24:24:
Nope, still a hater about these. Design wise they're very boring and I'm getting real tired of Ancients being bloody Moderns. Wasn't the point of Ancients to give us more dragons but ALSO break Modern conventions? And yet I'd wager 90% of the Ancients we have right now are literally just. Moderns.

No hope for the Wind and Light Ancient since they're going to be gem breeds no doubt, so they'll also be safe and boring and augh.

Not even asking for something out there like an eldritch abomination; I just want something that encapsulate the idea of an Ancient. A hydra, a wyrm, a lindwurm, anything that isn't "this is literally a Modern".

If you don't like them, don't have any.

You're allowed to be disappointed and say why you don't like them, but this is borderline rude to the people working on this game - they don't have to give you any of these breeds. For some people they do break convention in what they see, sorry that they're not good enough for you but plenty of people are happy. I see later in the thread you're arguing against people saying they're different enough - that is your opinion and other people are allowed to think they're different enough. Line breaking terts does make them different in my opinion.

Also a lot of what you state for wanting new breeds based on is very similar to what Undertides and Auraboas have going on, and lots of people have also been vocal about not wanting anymore snake-esq breeds because Undertide and Auraboa were too similar. So you can't please everyone and staff clearly still want these guys to look like 'dragons'.

Either way, I understand not liking these guys, they're fine for me but I'm not running to get more. But like, be respectful. You don't get to decide you're 'bloody tired' of how ancients work, because yeah, you're not entitled to like all this websites content and it just feels rude. Staff put a lot of time and energy into this website and we should be grateful we're getting good content 10 years into the site.

Actually, the staff is 100% fine with negative opinions and criticism and I have expressed myself fairly :) what is rude however is you coming in here and telling me to be quiet and calling me entitled for not liking 1 (one) release.

Lol. I don't give criticism because I hate the staff and I want them to personally suffer and whatever you think, I give criticism because I love this site and I want it to do better. I love the idea behind the Ancients, I want to see them actually be actualised. But we are nine breeds in and the majority can easily be Moderns. THAT is my disappointment. THAT is why I am feeling like a hater. THAT is why I am bloody tired. They said they can do anything with Ancients, yet they keep sticking to the same bodyplan a Modern has.

I'm not the only one who feels this way, please defer to the people I was supposedly "arguing" against.
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94449741][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/944498/94449741_350.png[/img][/url] my new guy!! gotta level up my alchemy so I can get trail as his secondary
94449741_350.png

my new guy!! gotta level up my alchemy so I can get trail as his secondary
7zcCDc4.png
[center] At first i felt a little iffy on these guys, but it's haven't even been a few days and i'm starting the love them now! Bald little chubby guys!! (Definitely upped on my favorite breeds list, srry banes, you are in fourth place for now XD) Got rid of my 2 eggs cause i didn't like the colors, but this gal i bought of the ah is going to be spoiled for sure!! :3 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94427939][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/944280/94427939_350.png[/img][/url]

At first i felt a little iffy on these guys, but it's haven't even been a few days and i'm starting the love them now! Bald little chubby guys!! (Definitely upped on my favorite breeds list, srry banes, you are in fourth place for now XD)

Got rid of my 2 eggs cause i didn't like the colors, but this gal i bought of the ah is going to be spoiled for sure!! :3

94427939_350.png
fLdYOuE.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
YMPbu9R.png
g898uvO.png
n29EMdP.png
xj6Mn2e.png
EhlmcQh.png
Jd88XNq.png
(^ wip)
voyURL5.png
5hF3FGk.png
1WgaLgV.png
88094286p.png 92186898p.png
^ Like quest!
94091522p.png
Why do I want hug and cuddle up with ancients so often? So snuggly looking. So soft. [emoji=dusthide love size=1]
Why do I want hug and cuddle up with ancients so often? So snuggly looking. So soft.
P20SGb4.gif 46f50f75104349928b2b563ef0bd79f0.png 7d8e2ec83eb93e741fea5c9bf2d420d1.png RM3KMxz.gif
Wooo! This looks pretty sweet!
Wooo! This looks pretty sweet!
776a9605e15f999aa162ac8233f599c6.gif
A bit of a missed opportunity to not have more tertiary genes that add things to the head with these considering they have no natural horns, fins or crests.
A bit of a missed opportunity to not have more tertiary genes that add things to the head with these considering they have no natural horns, fins or crests.
alWiqh6.png
Got rid of my original two boys because their shades of green just aren't my colors so they were better present elsewhere. But ended up getting this boy and just breed changing one of my Sandsurge girls. Their genes hit my gem wallet hard... but I'm quite happy with them. Thanks so much for the opportunity to have these beauties in the clan! Male: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/1tM4dk78/Saf-Hatchling.png[/img] Adult: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/HLrgmfLJ/Saf-Adult.png[/img] Female: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/v80dNrM2/Xeno-hatchling.png[/img] Adult: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/brBryQh8/Xeno-adult.png[/img]
Got rid of my original two boys because their shades of green just aren't my colors so they were better present elsewhere. But ended up getting this boy and just breed changing one of my Sandsurge girls. Their genes hit my gem wallet hard... but I'm quite happy with them. Thanks so much for the opportunity to have these beauties in the clan!

Male:
Saf-Hatchling.png
Adult:
Saf-Adult.png

Female:
Xeno-hatchling.png
Adult:
Xeno-adult.png
Super interested to see how the lore goes! Welcome @Romion! I have to say your one Dusthide is peak! I have to find myself one, perfect for dewlap! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=101&bodygene=317&breed=25&element=8&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=87&tertgene=288&winggene=306&wings=132&auth=b02ada439df203686b219d0baf25d4835259abae&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://assets-global.website-files.com/5adf752e38b7222e27f146ee/5ba69975c325b6e5193465a7_green-anole-1-p-1080.jpeg[/img]
Super interested to see how the lore goes! Welcome @Romion!

I have to say your one Dusthide is peak! I have to find myself one, perfect for dewlap!

dragon?age=1&body=101&bodygene=317&breed=25&element=8&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=87&tertgene=288&winggene=306&wings=132&auth=b02ada439df203686b219d0baf25d4835259abae&dummyext=prev.png

5ba69975c325b6e5193465a7_green-anole-1-p-1080.jpeg
Z7cgb70.png
any one know what lvl in the coliseum to find the pachy gene
[quote name="@TheBratPrince" date="2024-04-19 10:23:03" ] any one know what lvl in the coliseum to find the pachy gene [/quote] To quote a comment on the item's database [quote]dropped by ice, light, and arcane enemies, making these venues the best place to grind for it- boreal wood - 9 (one is a yeti) silk-strewn wreckage - 8 (both bosses) waterway - 8 (one is a boss) arena - 8 forbidden portal - 8[/quote]
@TheBratPrince wrote on 2024-04-19 10:23:03:

To quote a comment on the item's database
Quote:
dropped by ice, light, and arcane enemies, making these venues the best place to grind for it-

boreal wood - 9 (one is a yeti)
silk-strewn wreckage - 8 (both bosses)
waterway - 8 (one is a boss)
arena - 8
forbidden portal - 8
Z7cgb70.png
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 91 92