Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i think i figured out why dusties...
1 2 3
I actually kind of like how they look so smooth. It adds to their point of being agile and flexible.
I actually kind of like how they look so smooth. It adds to their point of being agile and flexible.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
[quote name="ChaoticFriendzy" date="2024-04-18 22:08:50" ] I actually kind of like how they look so smooth. It adds to their point of being agile and flexible. [/quote] I agree! Fat dogs and cats, and animals that are naturally pudgy, like seals can end up looking like a LOAF rather than a muscular beastie. When snakes get fat, they still have scales as a basic texture, but Dusties aren't scaled. They just seem like mole rats with less extra skin. Like how I imagine a hairless mole would look, or maybe even close to a Pillbug/rollie pollie since they do have some genes with segmentation:3
ChaoticFriendzy wrote on 2024-04-18 22:08:50:

I agree! Fat dogs and cats, and animals that are naturally pudgy, like seals can end up looking like a LOAF rather than a muscular beastie. When snakes get fat, they still have scales as a basic texture, but Dusties aren't scaled.

They just seem like mole rats with less extra skin. Like how I imagine a hairless mole would look, or maybe even close to a Pillbug/rollie pollie since they do have some genes with segmentation:3
pancatcher.png bzzZrFR.jpg
The body doesn't seem terribly off, but it really stands out to me on the wings and a bit on the heads. Admittedly, I'm having a very hard time geneing one because of the lack of gradient shadowing. I generally quite like them, but the smoothness is definitely going to limit the number I have. Looks almost like an error compared to other breeds.
The body doesn't seem terribly off, but it really stands out to me on the wings and a bit on the heads. Admittedly, I'm having a very hard time geneing one because of the lack of gradient shadowing. I generally quite like them, but the smoothness is definitely going to limit the number I have. Looks almost like an error compared to other breeds.
Blossom%20Kitty.png

Adopt Shop!
Pretty sure its cuz they really defined their style over time and stafted doing a more clean, sharp, look, but still weird they have no gradient/soft shading at all. Definitely not flat though, just different rendering style
Pretty sure its cuz they really defined their style over time and stafted doing a more clean, sharp, look, but still weird they have no gradient/soft shading at all. Definitely not flat though, just different rendering style
69-A78-F45-66-F3-4110-8270-E40-F5220-AB46.pngA86-F3-CC9-5-AFC-466-F-858-B-34-FD42-C53-C2-A.pngC38-C5765-FAD4-4-CE0-9-F81-A608-F4-EFFA60.png70-DF89-E3-E394-4067-B7-D9-3-B556-BD239-F9.png
the dustpuppies need some darn DUST
the dustpuppies need some darn DUST
tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gifj2eOZzr.giffsYFkT0.gifPixels-7.gifj2eOZzr.giftumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
[quote name="spacecat" date="2024-04-18 23:59:05" ] Pretty sure its cuz they really defined their style over time and stafted doing a more clean, sharp, look, but still weird they have no gradient/soft shading at all. Definitely not flat though, just different rendering style [/quote] Yeah, I can understand wanting more shading, but when compared to other breeds like Mirrors I think they just look less "dated".
spacecat wrote on 2024-04-18 23:59:05:

Yeah, I can understand wanting more shading, but when compared to other breeds like Mirrors I think they just look less "dated".
[BSJ 2024] Main Hub[BSJ 2024] Out-of-Flight Raffle
[BSJ 2024] Illuminarti[BSJ 2024] Public Buy
yepp I very noticed it very much with auras. they lack any details on feathers... sure skydancers and coatls don't have as much, but there is something. latest anicent just lack details/textures for me. I guess this is art evolve - I seen few artist go to more cleaner/simplier style from having more detailed. but idk, for pet site like this and where you can't put apparel on dragons... it is slightly off to me. they feel even more empty. but then I am also someone who enjoys details and textures and hate too much empty space

like yeah, art evolves... but I really don't see why gradients wouldn't stay there. a good chunk of cell shading artists I see do use bit of gradients and smoother shading here and there, esp if it is bigger/more rendered piece
yepp I very noticed it very much with auras. they lack any details on feathers... sure skydancers and coatls don't have as much, but there is something. latest anicent just lack details/textures for me. I guess this is art evolve - I seen few artist go to more cleaner/simplier style from having more detailed. but idk, for pet site like this and where you can't put apparel on dragons... it is slightly off to me. they feel even more empty. but then I am also someone who enjoys details and textures and hate too much empty space

like yeah, art evolves... but I really don't see why gradients wouldn't stay there. a good chunk of cell shading artists I see do use bit of gradients and smoother shading here and there, esp if it is bigger/more rendered piece
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
i agree that they look a little bald but honestly they might just be my favorite ancient breeds besides gaolers.
i agree that they look a little bald but honestly they might just be my favorite ancient breeds besides gaolers.
“Shadient” lol
“Shadient” lol
I do like how smooth they are but I think adding *some* texture would be beneficial. While a lot of desert creatures do have smoother skin they aren't like salamanders or frogs... I like the armadillo comparison a lot but the dusties just seem so... naked? Which I wouldn't have as much of an issue with if they could wear apparel. Maybe once skins are released I will change my mind? For reference, here is a good picture of an armadillo. These guys have got so much texture!!! They are not completely smooth!!! [img]https://worldanimalfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/armadillo-review.jpg[/img]
I do like how smooth they are but I think adding *some* texture would be beneficial. While a lot of desert creatures do have smoother skin they aren't like salamanders or frogs... I like the armadillo comparison a lot but the dusties just seem so... naked? Which I wouldn't have as much of an issue with if they could wear apparel. Maybe once skins are released I will change my mind?

For reference, here is a good picture of an armadillo. These guys have got so much texture!!! They are not completely smooth!!!

armadillo-review.jpg
~Wishlist~
~Badge Hoard~
~Neocities~
placeholder placeholder placeholder bob.gif
1 2 3